Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    10+ Year Old Account
    Nearby, preventing you from fast traveling.
    Unlikely to be 8.0 sadly.

I just wish they'd announce it already so we can figure out what they're going to do with that bitch Jaina that they're using as their poster-child for next blizzcon.

Quote Originally Posted by Nevcairiel View Post
    They update the beta repository for a 7.3.0 test and people assume its about the expansion? Why?
    This, wth people? I am really fucking excited for the expansion, but let's not fill in gaps that have already been filled

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Furytime View Post
    Why would they waste their time to make 7.3 playable at Gamescom? I haven't kept up with it, but it's a smaller content patch that 7.2. There isn't any big or flashy reason to get people into booths to play 7.3. You can also just play it on the PTR right now.
    what? its much larger then 7.2 >_> wut you talking about?
    Quote Originally Posted by WowIsDead64 View Post
    Remove combat, Mobs, PvP, and Difficult Content

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Furytime View Post
    Why would they waste their time to make 7.3 playable at Gamescom? I haven't kept up with it, but it's a smaller content patch that 7.2. There isn't any big or flashy reason to get people into booths to play 7.3. You can also just play it on the PTR right now.
    "smaller content patch"

Three new zones, around 30 new mounts, a dungeon, a raid, Invasion Points (basically MoP scenarios), and a whooooooole bunch of story to go with it.

Totally smaller.

They're definitely not displaying 7.3 on the booths at Gamescom. Hype is what builds revenue not displaying something you can already do for free on the PTR.
    "You know you that bitch when you cause all this conversation."

Quote Originally Posted by Sfinna View Post
    "smaller content patch"

Three new zones, around 30 new mounts, a dungeon, a raid, Invasion Points (basically MoP scenarios), and a whooooooole bunch of story to go with it.

Totally smaller.
    I was gonna say. A lot of patches have been called "the biggest in WoW history" but in terms of area 7.3 is definitely the largest. And it comes with a new dungeon, raid, features, and a ton more story and repeatable content, even..

Probably a 7.3. floor build for gamescon with premade toons. no way its an Alpha/Beta of next xpac, way to early for that.

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    Get ready for Beta sign-up and beta testing for 8.0!

Quote Originally Posted by TheramoreIsTheBomb View Post
    They're definitely not displaying 7.3 on the booths at Gamescom. Hype is what builds revenue not displaying something you can already do for free on the PTR.
    while i'd agree that you can test it out on the PTR, theres stil gonna be new people at gamescom that never played wow. This gives them the chance to try it out with premade characters. but i stil think we'll get a teaser of whats to come. and if not that, atleast information about our artifacts and how we'll give them up at the end of the expansion.

Herald of the Titans Dristereau's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    There's two main options I can think of right now;

1) A stable build for some sort of competition. Mythic+, Arena Regionals/Blizzcon Build mainly

2) Somethings acoming that's new. Demon Hunters were integrated into WoD without Legion being released. Could easily happen for something new.

I'm leaning towards something new. Why would you update a Beta Build to 7.3 when 7.3 is in a nearly completed state on PTR? The Raid is already there, just needs tuning/testing so that's already implemented in the most part. I would say that 7.3 is the last major patch of Legion, and you will be able to pre purchase 8.0 and get something early, the same way as Demon Hunters were for WoD.
    Dristereau - Axxolentus - Infernus - Sequentia - Nulo - Desterrar

Silvermoon
    - Shadowsong/Aszune - Tarren-Mill/Dentarg (SL Mage Tower: 29/36
    )

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Soeroah View Post
    I was gonna say. A lot of patches have been called "the biggest in WoW history" but in terms of area 7.3 is definitely the largest. And it comes with a new dungeon, raid, features, and a ton more story and repeatable content, even..
    Idk if its larger than 6.2. Yes Tanaan was a very large zone.

Following trend 7.3.0 would be live in 2 weeks, I doubt they are going to have a floor build for a patch a week before live, it makes no sense. We are going to have an expansion announcement, I'm sure of it. Beta starting after Blizzcon (they like to make that a closing statement right at the very end "BTW Beta's up, you all here got keys!") We don't get much in the way of details at gamescom, just the announcement. Details come from Blizzcon. What I can only assume they are doing is putting 7.3.0 on beta realms and then testing the transition between 7.3.x and 8.0 internally.
    Last edited by thunterman; 2017-08-17 at 04:19 AM.

Following the 77 day patch cycle we know 29th august = 7.3 14 november 7.3.5. lets say this is the last raid. and they announce expansion at gamescon and if we look back at other expansion announcement to release is about 1 year. so that would maybe give us 8.0 around june/july which would give a time period between 7.3.5 and 8.0 about 8 month ish. about 2-4 weeks of 8.0 and release of expansion. or maybe the beta would go faster and a release around april/may which would be quite impressive. but who knows. so far they've done very well with the constant content.

Deleted
    Following the 77 days cycle :
    7.3 = 29th August
    7.3.5 = 15th November
    7.4 = 7th February (with a mini-raid like Halion, no need to have 7.4.5)
    8.0 pre-patch = 25th April
    Launch = 17th June 2018

Time of WoD = 13/11/14 to 30/08/16 = 93 weeks
    End of Legion estimated = 17th Jun 2018 (93 weeks too)
    Last edited by mmoce75d07e829; 2017-08-17 at 04:52 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by thunterman View Post
    Following trend 7.3.0 would be live in 2 weeks, I doubt they are going to have a floor build for a patch a week before live, it makes no sense. We are going to have an expansion announcement, I'm sure of it. Beta starting after Blizzcon (they like to make that a closing statement right at the very end "BTW Beta's up, you all here got keys!") We don't get much in the way of details at gamescom, just the announcement. Details come from Blizzcon. What I can only assume they are doing is putting 7.3.0 on beta realms and then testing the transition between 7.3.x and 8.0 internally.
    At 2015 Gamescom they had live WoW build for 6.2. Still announced Legion.

Quote Originally Posted by Daille View Post
    Following the 77 days cycle :
    7.3 = 29th August
    7.3.5 = 15th November
    7.4 = 7th February (with a mini-raid like Halion, no need to have 7.4.5)
    8.0 pre-patch = 25th April
    Launch = 17th June 2018

Time of WoD = 13/11/14 to 30/08/16 = 93 weeks
    End of Legion estimated = 17th Jun 2018 (93 weeks too)
    A June release with an expansion announcement in November is not going to happen. Even if they announce the expansion at Gamescom (which all signs point to not happening), that would be quicker than any other expansion from announcement to release.

People forget that the Legion story isn't finished yet. Antorus stuff has been datamined, but out characters won't finish Antorus until 7.3.5. Gamescom will be way too early for an expansion announcement, so my bet is on Blizzcon.

With that said, what would they announce at Gamescom, if anything? Patch 7.4 maybe?
    "Leave your personal feedback, don't try to convince them that "everyone" hates something." - Ion Hazzikostas
    It's actually Wowhead, if I quoted directly from Ion the signature would drag out too long.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nevcairiel View Post
    They update the beta repository for a 7.3.0 test and people assume its about the expansion? Why?
    Because randoms guesses about the new expansion are the flavor of the month, I mean new *leaks* pop up every week now it seems.

This is likely an event build (just like the 7.1 beta build), so it's just for use at Gamescom for the public (or for the press) to try out 7.3.
    Last edited by Marlamin; 2017-08-17 at 06:18 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by FelPlague View Post
    what? its much larger then 7.2 >_> wut you talking about?
    I haven't kept up much with it, so I'm probably wrong. Still.