Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ...
    Quote Originally Posted by Wyrt View Post
    Not everyone has to celebrate something for it to be part of the culture.

There's plenty of non-christians that celebrate Christmas.

And not all christians celebrate christmas on Dec. 25. The orthodox christmas is in January and the apostolic church doesn't celebrate christmas at all.
    I feel like you're not really getting the point here. Christianity is the influencing aspect on cultures where it's prevalent, islam is the influencing aspect on cultures where it's prevalent. The practices of christianity and islam are christian or islamic, not european or arabic.

It's not white nor is it european, it's christian. Eid is not arabic nor is it middle eastern, it's islamic.
    Last edited by Freighter; 2017-08-15 at 10:02 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Freighter View Post
    I feel like you're not really getting the point here. Christianity is the influencing aspect on cultures where it's prevalent, Islam is the influencing aspect on cultures where it's prevalent. The practices of christianity and islam are christian or islamic, not european or arabic.

It's not white nor is it european, it's christian. Eid is not arabic nor is it middle eastern, it's islamic.
    Then why do non-christian Europeans celebrate christmas?

10+ Year Old Account
    I feel like you're not really getting the point here. Christianity is the influencing aspect on cultures where it's prevalent, Islam is the influencing aspect on cultures where it's prevalent. The practices of christianity and islam are christian or islamic, not european or arabic.

That's not how it works, society influences religion and the other way round, it is always a two way relation. As i pointed out in my previous post, the chruch was opposed to christmas for a long time, but as the couldn't root it out, because society liked it, they adopted it. And when the reformation kicked in, they kicked christmas out, because it was pagan in origin and not deemed christian. That's why there were christmas bans in the US and England.

Tradition likely? That doesn't make christmas not christian.
    Last edited by Freighter; 2017-08-15 at 10:05 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by GennGreymane View Post
    A lot of rioters felt they will be replaced which is why they gathered in the first place. Do you feel this way?
    We will all be replaced, one day. It's nothing to bitch about.

Tradition likely? That doesn't make christmas not christian.
    Right, because it's a European tradition. I'm not saying it's not christian, I'm saying it's also European.

10+ Year Old Account
    Is Christmas in trouble again? DO I need to save Santa again?

Right, because it's a European tradition. I'm not saying it's not christian, I'm saying it's also European.
    Many Europeans are still what could be called cultural christians despite not being believers and celebrate it due to traditions related to their cultural christian heritage.

I grew up celebrating christmas as I was raised a christian, my family is christian. I'm not a believer now but I still take part due to family.
    Last edited by Freighter; 2017-08-15 at 10:12 PM.

Deleted
    No. Granted I've never been keen on empty illusions to project failings upon.

Deleted
    Yes, I will be replaced, if they find someone better or I die.

7+ Year Old Account
    Always...for as long as humans exist, there will always be someone else to replace you eventually.

Quote Originally Posted by Theodarzna View Post
    Why? You aren't special and no different than any other human? Why should you be privileged here?

When it comes to a State, it asks much of its people. Money, work, obedience, loyalty, even patriotism/love, yet in your view it owes little to no consideration to those specific people who empowered its existence in the first place?

Because we have shared experiences and mutual appreciation of each other's characteristics taken from very similar perspectives (that of two human beings occupying adjacent positions in space at the same time) processed through systems that have evolved to form a bond in these exact situations. Contrast that to the relationship with a state, which is an abstract/conceptual entity that may comprise millions or even billions of individuals operating across centuries or millennia, and it's difficult to see how you could even begin to imagine it as an interaction between two similar beings.

If you want some sort of analogy for the relationship between a person and a state you'll want to look more towards cells (and other micro-organisms) as people and the body as state. Some cells/people are directly part of the body/state, others exist within and are symbiotic with the body, others may be parasitic and live in the body/state whilst not providing any sort of benefit. For the most part the cells/people rely on the body/state to support their existence, and without those cells/people the body/state would not exist.

It's part of the culture in other places influenced by christianity too. The common denominator is christianity.
    I listed several aspects associated with Christian in Europe and the US - such as Christmas trees, mistletoe and holly, Santa and its placement near the winter equinox - which have roots or took inspiration from pre-Christian European traditions. Those are all examples of European or "white" culture that have spread, prospered and are in no danger of being wiped out, and similar things can be found in Halloween (all Hallows Eve, the night before All Saints Day, which has mingled with the Celtic-pagan festival of Samhain) and Easter (because what the hell do bunnies and eggs have to do with Jesus?)

They celebrate Christmas in Japan, where almost no one is white or Christian.

It's a concept that's easily adopted because it's widely recognized as a great idea. Brings people together, bolsters the economy.

Incidentally when the Catholic church originally planned these holy days, the majority of Christians were still from Mediterranean regions. They adopted practices from pagan worship into their celebrations in order to win over more white people so the Holy Roman Empire could expand further west in an attempt to reclaim its former borders.
    Last edited by Lumineus; 2017-08-15 at 10:58 PM.
    OMG 13:37 - Then Jesus said to His disciples, "Cleave unto me, and I shall grant to thee the blessing of eternal salvation."

And His disciples said unto Him, "Can we get Kings instead?"

Do you feel you will be replaced?
    I would eat their soul.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Khaza-R View Post
    By replaced, you mean the "ethnic cleansing" of whites they were referring too?

White people have no one but themselves to blame for that
    I agree with this man here (probably not for the same argument), white leftist are the cause of west collapse.
    Be it as it may, at the end of the day you are responsible for your own actions.

If the replacement will happen, i bet many leftists will regret what they done, but seeing how cowardly they are, they will hide their (then) past ideology and their actions like rats and cockroaches. I see no honor and duty in these leftist garbages.

South Africa should stand as a warning to leftist trash.
    Last edited by mmoc96b81ade63; 2017-08-17 at 05:56 AM.

You can't replace the irreplaceable.