Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    In the first video, what is the second race after the orc? The one standing up straight? Kinda looks like Draenei.

Quote Originally Posted by alabaster jones View Post
    In the first video, what is the second race after the orc? The one standing up straight? Kinda looks like Draenei.
    You mean... the Orc?

Quote Originally Posted by Hell-Nicø View Post
    All that stuff is nice and all, but how about they gave us casting animation with the character actually using his weapon?
    Unless they go the FFXIV route and forever lock classes to a single weapon type I doubt that will ever happen because it'd require too much from the animators. A Black Mage in FFXIV can only ever use a staff; a Shaman in WoW can use a staff, dagger, axe, mace, fist plus there's shields, tomes, orbs ect for offhand... even if you go the "lazy" route and just do fist, 1h, 2h and ignore the OH entirely... thats still 3 casting animations for each spell.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Jademist7 View Post
    Holy Paladins didn't get any updates either. I believe they said they're still working on those.
    Well I'm a little more biased with warlocks as they're nothing but casters and they haven't gotten a update....yet two hybrids are getting work before them.'

Plus the fact that they have already given up on Demo a while ago.

Quote Originally Posted by Tietoso View Post
    Does this means that no matter the race they all cast the spell the same way? This is killing diversity.
    So before you know the answer to your question you are already spouting shit about "killing diversity". Just....wow.

Dontrike/Shadow Priest/Black Cell Faction Friend Code - 5172-0967-3866

Cool, gj Blizz

Quote Originally Posted by vkpush View Post
    All i see in this thread are people that have a hard time handling change. If you thought caster animations of 2005 would last forever then i dunno what to tell you.

Remember change is always inevitable, i bet alot of you cried when hunters lost mana and for no other reason that "it's not the old hunter". The majority of you havent even tried the animations yet and are already saying they're shit.

ppl that QQ about this stuff is the same ppl that QQ about vanilla. Man hunter mana that was a good one (i dont miss vanilla)

Good god.

It's amazing.

Quote Originally Posted by Requimortem View Post
    Unlike Holy Paladins, Warlocks have been screwed over since the moment Warlords of Draenor arrived and it's only gotten dramatically worse since then. If any class is deserving of new animations, it's Warlocks.
    heh

I dig the new casting animations, but as for melee I just always wanted an option to switch back to old animations/models, the old model animation is still there, but it's a lower definition of the new ones which is quite saddening.

I won't lie: I do really like the casting animations. But, at the same time, I really don't like what they imply:

Does that mean that all races will now have the same casting animations, and they'll vary only from class to class and not from race to race anymore?

10+ Year Old Account
    Oh cool. We kind of got up-right orcs!

Deleted
    So warlocks gets the middle finger, and a kick to the face?

Deleted
    So, my undead mage will have the same cast animation as any other mage out there? Not sure if I can like that.

Quote Originally Posted by Requimortem View Post
    It's great seeing Warlocks getting shafted again. I mean, when the expansion is all about demons and the Burning Legion, why give any attention to the one class that utilizes
    - - - Updated - - -

Yet Gandalf almost never used his staff and characters were able to cast magic without using a wand in Harry Potter.
    Gandalf almost never does any actual magic though. I mean unless you count magic enhanced vaping as spellcasting... And in HP only some spells can be cast without wand. And dedinitely nothing that shoots stuff. Tbh, using weapons for casting makes sense. Weapons were always huge contributors to one's magical powers in wow. Kinda weird for such powerful item to be just a cosmetic thing. Also, if we accept the premise of weapons making us this much stronger just by the virtue of sitting on our backs, imagine what we could achieve if we could channel the magic through them.

I'm really excited for new casting animations. It's been a long time coming.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by h4rr0d View Post
    Gandalf almost never does any actual magic though. I mean unless you count magic enhanced vaping as spellcasting... And in HP only some spells can be cast without wand. And dedinitely nothing that shoots stuff. Tbh, using weapons for casting makes sense. Weapons were always huge contributors to one's magical powers in wow. Kinda weird for such powerful item to be just a cosmetic thing. Also, if we accept the premise of weapons making us this much stronger just by the virtue of sitting on our backs, imagine what we could achieve if we could channel the magic through them.
    The day they include weapons in our casting animations is the day I stop playing casters. Casting with hands just looks so much better to me, so if they ever change that I'm done. Unless they make it optional which, knowing Blizzard, is highly unlikely.

And yeah I know some specs already have a spell that is cast through a weapon, that's why I don't play those specs, because it looks clunky and awkward (looking at you arcane).

I'd much rather casters had a "hide weapon" option.

Quote Originally Posted by Mush View Post
    heh

Linking irrelevant numbers in an argument that has nothing to do with numbers. Nice.

Quote Originally Posted by Ielenia View Post
    I won't lie: I do really like the casting animations. But, at the same time, I really don't like what they imply:

Does that mean that all races will now have the same casting animations, and they'll vary only from class to class and not from race to race anymore?
    As has been mentioned, the race specific casting animations will stay for filler spells (Frostbolt, Fireball, Lightning Bolt, Smite, etc.), it will be larger spell casts that have these special animations.

Of course, mileage may vary from spec to spec on how often you'll see the racial casts.

Quote Originally Posted by MrHappy View Post
    can't wait to play with all new warlock animations....oh wait....
    yeah, mages and...?

+1