Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Platinum's always sorta skirted it with funds, despite how much everyone talks up Platinum and Kamiya and how solid their in-house, original games are, people just sorta turn their noses up at them.

Bayonetta got panned when it first came out despite becoming a cult classic (Sega were also extremely obnoxious about it as publishers) and an all around good game, Bayonetta 2 suffered from being on the WiiU, which was already in the process of failing, despite, again, being good, Wonderful 101 was FANTASTIC but it had the issue of both being on the WiiU and having a presentation that isolated people (And Nintendo shafted them with advertising it despite it being technically a first party IP)

When you see these mediocre licensed games come out from Platinum, it feels like a quick cash grab for the sake of funding Kamiya's passion projects and Platinum-owned IPs, which given the above, is one of the few times I'll be understanding about it.

Hopefully Automata being what it is will help make them more and more of a name people go crazy for

Quote Originally Posted by LoLcano View Post
    I was generally speaking , a week after game release every popular forum/gaming website was full of 2B butt screen shot and talk of how this game is for virgins and such ! even in this thread u could see how fast the phrase " 2B booty saved their ass " came up !
    As if jokes and memes aren't made out of most games these days...

We are born of the booty, made men by the booty, undone by the booty.

Fear the thicc booty, by the gods fear it.

Quote Originally Posted by Video Games View Post
    Wii us weren't sold out within 10 minutes every time a store got stock.
    Not to say they're doing poorly, but artificially low supply will do that. Certainly it seems it will not be a huge failure like the wii-u was.

Quote Originally Posted by Veluren View Post
    Platinum's always sorta skirted it with funds, despite how much everyone talks up Platinum and Kamiya and how solid their in-house, original games are, people just sorta turn their noses up at them.

Bayonetta got panned when it first came out despite becoming a cult classic (Sega were also extremely obnoxious about it as publishers) and an all around good game, Bayonetta 2 suffered from being on the WiiU, which was already in the process of failing, despite, again, being good, Wonderful 101 was FANTASTIC but it had the issue of both being on the WiiU and having a presentation that isolated people (And Nintendo shafted them with advertising it despite it being technically a first party IP)

When you see these mediocre licensed games come out from Platinum, it feels like a quick cash grab for the sake of funding Kamiya's passion projects and Platinum-owned IPs, which given the above, is one of the few times I'll be understanding about it.

Hopefully Automata being what it is will help make them more and more of a name people go crazy for
    Nintendo also launched Wonderful 101 on the same day as GTAV.

Brilliant right? /facepalm.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by stellvia View Post
    Not to say they're doing poorly, but artificially low supply will do that. Certainly it seems it will not be a huge failure like the wii-u was.
    I don't think they're too artificial. I heard they have to battle with apple over a factory.

Quote Originally Posted by Tech614 View Post
    Not to mention, the game this thread is about in Nier they made in basically 2 years. Released 19 months after it's announcement.

Platinum is one of the most efficient developers in the industry. It's not really rocket science when you figure out the only project they ever had in dev hell or had a long dev time had MS overseeing the project... Who's at fault... hmm...

MS probably wanted some lame ass online features that platinum is not used to doing, wanted a "service based" model which seems to be their entire gaming division's effort at the moment. MS didn't want the game made the way Platinum makes games.
    Considering that Platinum has released some pretty medicore to bad games all on their own and the fact that what little we do know doesn't indicate anything you're saying.....yeah, you're just bashing MS for the sake of bashing them.

Not saying they didn't have a hand in the problems, but to act like it was all MS is extremely ignorant.

Quote Originally Posted by Zephyr Storm View Post
    Considering that Platinum has released some pretty medicore to bad games all on their own and the fact that what little we do know doesn't indicate anything you're saying.....yeah, you're just bashing MS for the sake of bashing them.

Not saying they didn't have a hand in the problems, but to act like it was all MS is extremely ignorant.
    Those "mediocre to bad games" are licensed games from Activision made in less then 1 year exactly the way Activision told them to make them. They got finished without issue. All there games from other publishers are generally regarded as anywhere from good to excellent.

Platinum has never had an issue working with...

Nintendo(Wonderful 101, Bayonetta 2)
    Konami(MGR)
    Activision(TMNT, Korra, Transformers)
    Sega(Bayonetta, Vanquish)
    Square Enix(Nier Autotmata)

But suddenly they can't finish a game when they're a studio known for making games with a quick turn around? It's not "bashing" it's pointing out facts. MS is the odd man out here.

They could have not forgotten about support for the game, though...
    But yes, money well spent even though I have never liked this type of games before.

Those "mediocre to bad games" are licensed games from Activision made in less then 1 year exactly the way Activision told them to make them. They got finished without issue. All there games from other publishers are generally regarded as anywhere from good to excellent.

Platinum has never had an issue working with...

Nintendo
    Konami
    Activision
    Sega
    Square Enix

But suddenly they can't finish a game when they're a studio known for making games with a quick turn around? It's not "bashing" it's pointing out facts. MS is the odd man out here.
    You act as if there can't ever be an exception to the rule.

I've already linked stuff in this thread that indicated that Platinum was having problems with the game engine for Scalebound. That's a developer problem, not a publisher problem. Sure, MS may have wanted them to do things that simply wouldn't work or things they couldn't get released on time, but from the information we do know about the situation, some of the problems were most likely on Platinum's end.

You act as if there can't ever be an exception to the rule.

I've already linked stuff in this thread that indicated that Platinum was having problems with the game engine for Scalebound. That's a developer problem, not a publisher problem. Sure, MS may have wanted them to do things that simply wouldn't work or things they couldn't get released on time, but from the information we do know about the situation, some of the problems were most likely on Platinum's end.
    Of course the problems "where on Platinum's end" when you got MS people wanting a game made a different way then they're used to and have MS feeding these "leaks" to the media to try and be the good guy.

There is exceptions, this is an exception. That's the entire point. There is always a REASON behind an exception, it doesn't just pop up out of thin air. Platinum in the last half decade have made 10+ games and none have taken more then 2 years to make. Platinum is not a developer that go's through development hell without the publisher being at fault for ridiculous demands.

Of course the problems "where on Platinum's end" when you got MS people wanting a game made a different way then they're used to and have MS feeding these "leaks" to the media to try and be the good guy.

There is exceptions, this is an exception. That's the entire point. There is always a REASON behind an exception, it doesn't just pop up out of thin air. Platinum in the last half decade have made 10+ games and none have taken more then 2 years to make. Platinum is not a developer that go's through development hell without the publisher being at fault for ridiculous demands.
    I love all the assumptions and just immediately saying MS was the bad guy and sole reason for all of that mess. Were they probably part of the problem? Yes, I'm sure they were. But, unless you got someone on the inside actually feeding you this information, what I'm saying has more merit than what you're saying. Considering I actually linked some stuff backing up what I said. Care to show me some of your proof?

But please, continue on your with rant against MS. It's par for the course with you.

I love all the assumptions and just immediately saying MS was the bad guy and sole reason for all of that mess. Were they probably part of the problem? Yes, I'm sure they were. But, unless you got someone on the inside actually feeding you this information, what I'm saying has more merit than what you're saying. Considering I actually linked some stuff backing up what I said. Care to show me some of your proof?

But please, continue on your with rant against MS. It's par for the course with you.
    Well seeing how MS is having trouble getting there own first party titles out (CD3 was delayed) I wouldn't be surprised if working with them is a pain in the ass.

History does speak for itself and Microsoft does not work well with 3rd party studio's. Hell they have even caused the death of a few.
    Check me out....Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing, Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing.
    My Gaming PC: MSI Trident 3 - i7-10700F - RTX 4060 8GB - 32GB DDR4 - 1TB M.2SSD

Quote Originally Posted by Jtbrig7390 View Post
    Well seeing how MS is having trouble getting there own first party titles out (CD3 was delayed) I wouldn't be surprised if working with them is a pain in the ass.

History does speak for itself and Microsoft does not work well with 3rd party studio's. Hell they have even caused the death of a few.
    I'm not denying that MS was part of the problem. I'm sure they were. Like you said, history speaks for itself.

But I'm not going to sit here and listen to people say it was 100% MS's fault when they seem to know even less about the situation than I do *cough* Tech *cough*. They're just bashing MS for the sake of it at this point.

Quote Originally Posted by RuneDK View Post
    There's a lot of great games that will live in zelda's shadow for goty. It sucks.
    Only GOTY that matters to me is the one I choose.

Still, good to hear. Platinum are almost one of a kind in their domain. Them going down would be a blow to the industry's creativity.

I'm not denying that MS was part of the problem. I'm sure they were. Like you said, history speaks for itself.

But I'm not going to sit here and listen to people say it was 100% MS's fault when they seem to know even less about the situation than I do *cough* Tech *cough*. They're just bashing MS for the sake of it at this point.
    I wont say its 50/50 and to be honest I would say its 75%MS/25%PG just because of the history of both company's. All we got (like you posted) is some statement's from Microsoft.

Platinum Games isn't going to sit there and go "New they are wrong" because....

1) They don't do that.

and

2) It will 100% kill any chance of them putting a game on there platform. There may reach a point where they want to do that and burning a bridge won't help.
    Check me out....Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing, Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing.
    My Gaming PC: MSI Trident 3 - i7-10700F - RTX 4060 8GB - 32GB DDR4 - 1TB M.2SSD

Have they ever patched the game yet or are there still a lot of bugs/glitches that they seem to continue ignoring?

I heard a streamer a few weeks ago that was playing Nier:A on PC complaining about how Platinum has basically abandoned the PC community on the game.
    Just out of curiosity, what kinds of bugs are we talking about? I'm not that far into the game (12h or so, but I've also been prioritizing side quests over the main chain), but I haven't come across any so far.

You linked polygon and endgadget, neither know what "journalism" is.

It's more than likely MS feeding them bullshit to soften the blowback after that shitstorm.

Platinum never had any issues like it before.
    Microsoft have done similar shit before and they have shown themselves to shit on developers over and over again.

Do the math, it's 1+1.

Quote Originally Posted by Strangebrew View Post
    You linked polygon and endgadget, neither know what "journalism" is.

It's more than likely MS feeding them bullshit to soften the blowback after that shitstorm.

Platinum never had any issues like it before.
    Microsoft have done similar shit before and they have shown themselves to shit on developers over and over again.

Do the math, it's 1+1.
    Ok, I'll take the word of random internet stranger #1856286452 that doesn't provide any proof backing up their claim. /s
    Last edited by Zephyr Storm; 2017-08-17 at 06:12 PM.