Quote Originally Posted by Tyrven View Post
    With the way it overlaps other events going on the timelines are all moving at ever changing and alternate speeds. Twice he jumped from one continent to another in the same episode meanwhile anybody travelling that quickly takes months. Arya getting all over this season is another example.
    Varys goes on a boat to Dorne, comes back with the Dorneish fleet, and comes back with Dany's mega fleet, we only see him in dorne with dany and the mega fleet, thoses scenes were months apart in universe, there is no reason to devote screen time to him traveling.

it doesn't matter if its in the same episode, you just have to pay attention to whats going on. Arya is a terrible example, half her scenes so far have been devoted to travel time... Lannister camp, crossroads, seeing Nym

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Kazlofski View Post
    it would solve the weird chain problem on the way too.
    As said before ther is no chain problem but the chains demostrate that the NK planned this.

Quote Originally Posted by -aiko- View Post
    I mean.....

I know it's annoying for people who love an episode to hear the complainers complain but there were too many things this episode that made me shake my head. I can't just not talk about it.

- The entire lake scene was a disaster
    - Poor choreography in the fight scenes (lol at that air spear action)
    - I'm sorry but there's no way for a raven to reach Dany that fast and for her to respond that fast
    - NK trying out for the olympics with that perfect spear throw
    - Soooo much plot armor
    - Arya/Sansa scenes seemed like forced drama
    - Too many cliches like Dany/Benjen arriving right on time, and Jon conveniently showing up half-dead before they leave

I could continue going but there's no point making a nitpick list in the end, I suppose.

I know it makes for an interesting TV show, and yes I did enjoy the episode, it's just not the story I fell in love with when I first started reading the books. I know GRRM gave the writers the ending, and probably some major plot points, but D&D are not doing a good job filling in the blanks. Get to work on finishing your damn series, Georgie. My poor heart can't take this anymore.

I sort of agree with your post:

1) Lake scene felt too long, no action, no nice music, nothing really. NK can throw spears at dragons and kill them but can't throw spears on some people standing on a lake. Same thing happens with arrows... What happened to arrows? The undead don't use arrows at all?
    2) The fight scenes were ok, they could have been better like the bear one. They felt a bit rushed. On dany avoiding the arrow, it was awful from the angle the shot was taken. Also the whitewalker fight, could have lasted longer... They make them seem like those impossible to kill creatures and the other moment they make them seem like a very easy opponent.
    3) On the raven reaching danny in seconds... I mean seriously don't kn ow what happened there. First of all the guy that ran back... how much distance did he cover, if he could reach the wall why didn't the rest run after him, I mean he couldn't be that much faster, he is not a horse or something. Then we just see danny riding dragons flying over reaching them in seconds... if its so easy for her to just teleport from one side to the other why doesn't she do that more often.
    4) I feel NK with the spear is fine. I was expecting him to do something mad crazy like that to show the real power of the white walkers. I mean in the end he must be the super bad enemy of all humanity. His skills must exceed all of the others or else there wouldn't be a plot. To the moment he threw the spear, I was thinking meh, the white walkers are not so much of a threat. By throwing that and suiciding in 1 take he just showed that he has some extra capabilities that we haven't seen and we should be afraid of him.
    5) YES
    6) Omg... I was like seriously, you have us seeing this bshit drama in the middle of the fight? What for... literally not what I wanna see when I am having something way more important in mind.
    7) This is just whatever... meh, like NK didn't see john going in the water and he wouldn't like to turn him into undead yes? Or like the NK doesn't know who John snow is, I am pretty sure he knows who he is etc. This is just poor story telling/writting imho.

Generally I enjoyed the episode. It just feels like we are skipping a lot of things very quickly and I don't see the point of it. GOT has a big story to tell, just let it tell itself, don't need to wrap the whole thing in 8 seasons. I personally feel it could easily go to 15 seasons and people would still watch it like crazy.

Quote Originally Posted by Ilikegreenfire View Post
    Varys goes on a boat to Dorne, comes back with the Dorneish fleet, and comes back with Dany's mega fleet, we only see him in dorne with dany and the mega fleet, thoses scenes were months apart in universe, there is no reason to devote screen time to him traveling.

it doesn't matter if its in the same episode, you just have to pay attention to whats going on. Arya is a terrible example, half her scenes so far have been devoted to travel time... Lannister camp, crossroads, seeing Nym
    I suggest you read this thread:

https://www.reddit.com/r/asoiaf/comm...nderstand_the/

OP explains really well why so many people currently have a problem with characters jumping all over the map. And it's not about devoting screen time to traveling.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by takeshiIsu View Post
    GOT was good because it kept things realistic as much as possible within the context of its setting
    you talk about REALISM in a world with magic and dragons of a FANTASY show? if you want realism their is reality tv for you....

Arthas was awesome in this episode

the day you were born the very forests of westeros whispered the name.

Quote Originally Posted by Fummockelchen View Post
    you talk about REALISM in a world with magic and dragons of a FANTASY show? if you want realism their is reality tv for you....
    Oh boy....

If a story/universe keeps breaking its rules it breaks immersion aka enjoyment. You can have zombies and dragons, but that doesn't mean you have to be inconsistent with the presentation of said universe/lore

The Unstoppable Force Elim Garak's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by RobertoCarlos View Post
    Oh boy....

If a story/universe keeps breaking its rules it breaks immersion aka enjoyment. You can have zombies and dragons, but that doesn't mean you have to be inconsistent with the presentation of said universe/lore
    Not a single rule has been broken.
    All right, gentleperchildren, let's review. The year is 2024 - that's two-zero-two-four, as in the 21st Century's perfect vision - and I am sorry to say the world has become a pussy-whipped, Brady Bunch version of itself, run by a bunch of still-masked clots ridden infertile senile sissies who want the Last Ukrainian to die so they can get on with the War on China, with some middle-eastern genocide on the side

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Helden View Post
    I love how Game of Thrones has hit that point where instead of people enjoying the show they'll just rip it to shreds instead.
    Yeah people who do that should just let it go and stop watching imho but instead they go on and complain more and more and more....

Quote Originally Posted by Elim Garak View Post
    Not a single rule has been broken.
    They have a complete disregard for travel time and logistics this season that is obvious. Im not gona debate that.

Quote Originally Posted by tratra View Post
    I sort of agree with your post:

1) Lake scene felt too long, no action, no nice music, nothing really. NK can throw spears at dragons and kill them but can't throw spears on some people standing on a lake. Same thing happens with arrows... What happened to arrows? The undead don't use arrows at all?
    2) The fight scenes were ok, they could have been better like the bear one. They felt a bit rushed. On dany avoiding the arrow, it was awful from the angle the shot was taken. Also the whitewalker fight, could have lasted longer... They make them seem like those impossible to kill creatures and the other moment they make them seem like a very easy opponent.
    3) On the raven reaching danny in seconds... I mean seriously don't kn ow what happened there. First of all the guy that ran back... how much distance did he cover, if he could reach the wall why didn't the rest run after him, I mean he couldn't be that much faster, he is not a horse or something. Then we just see danny riding dragons flying over reaching them in seconds... if its so easy for her to just teleport from one side to the other why doesn't she do that more often.
    4) I feel NK with the spear is fine. I was expecting him to do something mad crazy like that to show the real power of the white walkers. I mean in the end he must be the super bad enemy of all humanity. His skills must exceed all of the others or else there wouldn't be a plot. To the moment he threw the spear, I was thinking meh, the white walkers are not so much of a threat. By throwing that and suiciding in 1 take he just showed that he has some extra capabilities that we haven't seen and we should be afraid of him.
    5) YES
    6) Omg... I was like seriously, you have us seeing this bshit drama in the middle of the fight? What for... literally not what I wanna see when I am having something way more important in mind.
    7) This is just whatever... meh, like NK didn't see john going in the water and he wouldn't like to turn him into undead yes? Or like the NK doesn't know who John snow is, I am pretty sure he knows who he is etc. This is just poor story telling/writting imho.

Generally I enjoyed the episode. It just feels like we are skipping a lot of things very quickly and I don't see the point of it. GOT has a big story to tell, just let it tell itself, don't need to wrap the whole thing in 8 seasons. I personally feel it could easily go to 15 seasons and people would still watch it like crazy.
    The spears were for the dragons, the entire thing was a trap. For dany. the night king gave no fucks about the humans on the island, save for their use as tools.

If you pay attention you see the path they were crossing before fighting the scouting party was narrow, they had to go by two, not all of the could have ran back that way.

We have no idea how long they were on the lake, it could have been days, again the whole thing was a trap for dany, they only attacked when she was close. Carrier pidgions can do 1100 miles in a day, Got ravens a better flyers than they are so make that number even bigger.

Jon's only purpose was to brig dany and her dragons north of the wall so the night king could get the dragon he needed to break it, he and served he purpose, he had no reason to really care about him after that.

Targaryens used to race the 700 mile round trip from Kl to dragonstone for fun. So we can assume it woulds only take them a few housrs to do that.

- - - Updated - - -

They have a complete disregard for travel time and logistics this season that is obvious. Im not gona debate that.
    They don't at all.

I wonder, why didn't NK throw the spear at Drogon?

He was not only the easier target as he was sitting on the ground, but also shutting Drogon down would most likely result in him shaking Danny and the others off his back while dying and would allow the AotD to just finish the job (and win the war right there).

Deleted
    No they havent. Its just that SILLYS like YOU want to see people travel in real time instead of acknowledging that this is a tv show and that time passes without it having to be shown. As said if you want boring shows where you see people travel in real time watch some reality tv

Quote Originally Posted by Andyssian View Post

He was not only the easier target as he was sitting on the ground, but also shutting Drogon down would most likely result in him shaking Danny and the others off his back while dying and would allow the AotD to just finish the job (and win the war right there).
    Viserion was in the air and facing him, if he saw the night king kill his brother he would have evaporated his ass, and ended the war right there.

The spears were for the dragons, the entire thing was a trap. For dany. the night king gave no fucks about the humans on the island, save for their use as tools.

If you pay attention you see the path they were crossing before fighting the scouting party was narrow, they had to go by two, not all of the could have ran back that way.

We have no idea how long they were on the lake, it could have been days, again the whole thing was a trap for dany, they only attacked when she was close. Carrier pidgions can do 1100 miles in a day, Got raves a better Flyers than they are so make that number even bigger.

Jon's only purpose was to brig dany and her dragons north of the wall so the night king could get the dragon he needed to break it, he and served he purpose, he had no reason to really care about him after that.

Targaryens used to race the 700 mile round trip from Kl to dragonstone for fun.
    So much rubbish. We know how long they were on the lake because it went from night time to day and they discovered thoros died in the morning so that gives you a passage of time.

You're reading WAY too much into it

Deleted
    Viserion was in the air and facing him, if he saw the night king kill his brother he would have evaporated his ass, and ended the war right there.
    Or he could have melted the spear with his fire breathing.

Yes you see Arya travel, but she zips all over the place at a speed that other's do not. Varys blinking back and forth to places at a speed that only Euron could is absurd. Euron's ability to rapidly travel is at least covered in the books. With Varys at best they are trying to force things from spilling over into the next episode. Many times people have commented on how long it takes to travel from one place to another in the show or we see it first hand following people along their route. Then we have other manage to skip that and it breaks the flow of events.

- - - Updated - - -

No they havent. Its just that SILLYS like YOU want to see people travel in real time instead of acknowledging that this is a tv show and that time passes without it having to be shown. As said if you want boring shows where you see people travel in real time watch some reality tv
    We have seen plenty of maps and the distance between places has been well established. The time it takes to go from one place to another is also often mentioned. The show over the last 2 seasons has broken from that multiple times. It has nothing to do with not seeing people travel it has to do with them skipping all over in some cases over the course of the same episode. If nothing else due to the established ages of characters we have an idea of how much time has passed over the course of the show and when you match to the two together things don't add up.
    "Privilege is invisible to those who have it."

Yes i'm such a silly for being critical of a show that used to balance realism with fantasy so well and is now a shadow of its former self and seems like it was written by blogs piled together from various fan sites

"Im so sorry.....I would bend the knee....but my injuries.....

Dany......no not dany then.....my Queen"

"Oh jon What will the lords think I hope I can do them justice"

"You will...."
    Last edited by RobertoCarlos; 2017-08-17 at 08:51 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Andyssian View Post

Well we would be out 8 more episodes if they did that.
    "Privilege is invisible to those who have it."

That's some argument - which brings us to: why on earth didn't Jon tell Daenerys to roast NK in the first place?