Page 7 of 10 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Wow all these countries where people shower before entering a pool, I can hardly believe it.

I doubt even 5% shower in Germany before they jump in, and the 5% is mostly 60+ people who want to adapt to the water temperature.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nexx226 View Post
    . I've yet to see a single person actually make an argument or show evidence as to how the hotel knew they weren't following the rules. I believe the issue at hand is that the sign was up BEFORE any such rule was ever broken. It wasn't in reaction to a bunch of jewish people breaking the rules.
    "Thomann told the Swiss newspaper Blick she was trying to address the issue of guests not showering before they used the pool during a period where many Jewish guests were staying at the hotel."

its right in the fucking article.. lol. hows that for evidence.

ya i know. im a nazi for reading first

Elemental Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by The Darkener View Post
    If you've never worked with Orthodox Jews then you have no idea how dirty they are. Yes, they are very dirty and I don't mean just hygiene, I could tell you stories about them from the hotel I work at and tbh I don't think people would believe what i say.
    This might be true, but it's irrelevant. It's still a retarded way to raise the issue. She should have simply put up a sign stating: "Dear guests, kindly shower before entering the pool. Thank you."

Adding the reference to Jews is just idiotic and absolutely comes across as racist, as do you.

The Unstoppable Force Elim Garak's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Raelbo View Post
    This might be true, but it's irrelevant. It's still a retarded way to raise the issue. She should have simply put up a sign stating: "Dear guests, kindly shower before entering the pool. Thank you."

Adding the reference to Jews is just idiotic and absolutely comes across as racist, as do you.
    What makes you think they don't have those signs?
    All right, gentleperchildren, let's review. The year is 2024 - that's two-zero-two-four, as in the 21st Century's perfect vision - and I am sorry to say the world has become a pussy-whipped, Brady Bunch version of itself, run by a bunch of still-masked clots ridden infertile senile sissies who want the Last Ukrainian to die so they can get on with the War on China, with some middle-eastern genocide on the side

Seems like a case of poor communication and bad judgment. I'd go easy on the manager this time and see if things go smoothly from here on out.
    Now you see it. Now you don't.

10+ Year Old Account
    What do you think that actually says? That's just the manager's comments about the sign after the fact. It still doesn't even mention that people swimming without showering was ever even a problem. Maybe you should change your profile pic to Mayweather instead of McGregor.
    it clearly states trying to address the issue of guests not showering before they used the pool .

why would i change my pic to mayweather? 49-0 undefeated boxer? over Mcgregor? i would love to hear your train of thought on that comment? lmfao.. please i would love to hear this

like is that an insult? or is it a racist comment since floyd is black?

Elemental Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by nailbomb View Post
    "Thomann told the Swiss newspaper Blick she was trying to address the issue of guests not showering before they used the pool during a period where many Jewish guests were staying at the hotel."

its right in the fucking article.. lol. hows that for evidence.

ya i know. im a nazi for reading first
    Evidence of what? That the sign was appropriate? No, absolutely not. That would be a strawman.

It is the opinion of the manager that the primary culprits of this behaviour were Jewish. She may even be correct. But even if she is, it still does not make it right to post a sign naming and shaming Jews in general, and the fact that she thinks it does only serves to reinforce the perception that she is racist.

Refering specifically to Jewish people would have been fine on the freezer sign, because it specifically refered to the issue of Kosher food, but even then, it should have been worded better.

"To our dear Jewish guests: Please feel free to make use of our freezer facilities for the storage of Kosher food. Kindly note that the freezer facilities will available only at the following times: 10am - 11am, 4:30-5:30pm"

Sorry, but put bluntly, the message that comes across in these signs is that the hotel has contempt for Jewish people. I get that maybe the idiot manager didn't intend for it come across so honestly, but that's probably just because she's blind to her own racism.

10+ Year Old Account
    I'll say this.

There might have been a large influx of Jewish people not showering before entering the pool. Fine.

But the question is whether or not it's Hotel Policy to shower before entering the pool.

If it's policy, then that's fine.

If it's not, but Jewish people are being singled out? That's not fine.

In either case it seems like a poor blunder to miss saying "Please shower before entering the pool -Staff"

Also. Lets be freaking honest here. This is hardly the epitome of racism, this isn't some horrific resurgence of Nazi Ideology where they are making Jews shower in rooms where poisonous gas pours out from the shower heads.

And I'm saying this as an Israeli.

This is a dumb mistake.

Quote Originally Posted by The Fiend View Post
    The only problem I see here is Jewish people taking the signs out of context and then crying about it.
    Oh, bad Jewish people! They always take things out of context ...
    I miss the days when there was consequences to be an anti-Semite.

Elemental Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Elim Garak View Post
    What makes you think they don't have those signs?
    Would it make things more acceptable if they did? Seems like an irrelevant detail.

If specific guests are ignoring a sign, then you deal with those guests individually instead of making the issue revolve around their race.

10+ Year Old Account
    I am.. confused. Where I am from, it is quite common to rinse/shower yourself off before entering a pool.
    FOMO: "Fear Of Missing Out", also commonly known as people with a mental issue of managing time and activities, many expecting others to fit into their schedule so they don't miss out on things to come. If FOMO becomes a problem for you, do seek help, it can be a very unhealthy lifestyle..

10+ Year Old Account
    Evidence of what?
    im not arguing if the sign was right or wrong.

im pointing out that people were not showering before using the pool. which is says in the only article linked. which is the only evidence you can use without making up your own conclusions.

Elemental Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Gehco View Post
    I am.. confused. Where I am from, it is quite common to rinse/shower yourself off before entering a pool.
    That's not the issue....

They're not falling for that again.

Elemental Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    im not arguing if the sign was right or wrong.
    Well, that is what this discussion is about.

im pointing out that people were not showering before using the pool. which is says in the only article linked.
    So what? It's an entirely irrelevant detail to the discussion. Arguing the point simply serves as a strawman.

10+ Year Old Account
    So, if the sign was put up BEFORE any of the jewish guests even arrived, do you still think it's okay?
    NO, i wouldnt. but you are making an assumption that is was put up before.

im assuming it was put up after.

You cant fool jews to just go into some shower again.

Still here we have to shower before using the public pools though, hygiene and all that.

Now if they just said it to the jew then ye there is problems, racist problems.

10+ Year Old Account
    Well, that is what this discussion is about.

So what? It's an entirely irrelevant detail to the discussion. Arguing the point simply serves as a strawman.
    its irrelevant if you only read 3 post in a 8 page thread..

- - - Updated - - -

Again, it also makes zero fucking sense to me that if there was an issue of guests not showing beforehand that was actually observed that they would know they were jewish. What did they do? Go up and ask them if they were jewish?
    google orthadox jew. its very obvious

- - - Updated - - -

I'm sure you know what I meant by that comment.
    IS IT CUZ FLOYD CANT READ??? low blow man, low blow

il keep it as McGregor since he doesnt have white guilt
    Last edited by Fat Mac; 2017-08-17 at 10:15 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    That's not the issue....
    Was just a too fast comment, was at first only reacted on what would come out as a silly title.

On to the article:
    Yes, it is a dumb situation then, and as a tourist location, shouldn't be encouraged. But just like when people block and ban nazis, so are companies permitted to do with other groups of folk. Sour situation, I admit.

But as the reply from the manager, if were to be believed, then it is just an unlucky event. Some hotels DO after all, have a massive amount of a certain group as primary guests. Though, of the manager's innocense can be discussed quite some.
    Last edited by Lochton; 2017-08-17 at 10:07 AM. Reason: Double post for some reason
    FOMO: "Fear Of Missing Out", also commonly known as people with a mental issue of managing time and activities, many expecting others to fit into their schedule so they don't miss out on things to come. If FOMO becomes a problem for you, do seek help, it can be a very unhealthy lifestyle..

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by The Fiend View Post
    Guess what? Being Jewish doesn't exempt you from being told to not do things. I would have taken no issue if I went to a Hotel, with a high influx of English guests with signs saying "To our English guests, please avoid putting your fish and chips in the freezer at specific times and shower before using the pool"

But I guess I'm not thin skinned like Israelis seem to be.
    Exactly, for example in a lot of hotels Russian people were loud and annoying to other hotel guests and the hotel gave said instructions to Russians as well.

Though I don't know if it is a case of racism or just because Jewish people being more obnoxious in this case at the hotel I just take my current expirience both in private and at work that some groups are harder to deal with and sometimes need different rules or rather need an extra notice to do or not do something that is common sense to other people.

If it is racism, fuck those people...