Page 81 of 104 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Stood in the Fire
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Hellboi View Post
    http://www.snopes.com/trump-diarrhea-golf-course/

This is actually a good example, Trump had no dirt on him so the left had to photoshop some on him to fool others into believing it.
    bad left ! would write them a stern letter if I were you.

Now back to more pressing things, i can't imagine what it must be like to actually be in that administration at the moment.
    the chaos and utter void in leadership must be unsettling for those connected to it.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Mythicalfury View Post
    The way he talked to the press during that news conference, was also low
    He wouldn't take it, if the media talked to him. The way he does to them
    He's gone from being a joke, to being a psychopathic racist bigot, who regularly shows his colours
    If ever a person on this planet, could be capable of causing world war three, it's him
    I don't condone violence, but I'm genuinely surprised he hasn't been taken out by now
    Actually, when the media was ignoring him, he faked 2 different names to contact the media. It wasn't even some actual news source that figured it out, ESPN broke the story because Trump ran a campaign trying to get an NFL team in the 80s and they recognized the voice of Trump, Mark Barron and another name as the same. Trump even admitted, under oath, that Mark Barron was his fake name. Without the presidency, Trump was a weasel who bitched when media didn't cover him.

He always was a joke and actually still is. I don't believe he is racist, but just misguided. Trump is a blank canvas, because it doesn't seem like anything is going on between his ears. When his advisors/friends were Clinton's, he was a democrat. When Clinton's soured on him, he became an independent who wanted to run for president with Oprah. Then he became a republican getting close to Guilliani, when he was so over blown after 9/11 that Mexico paid him millions to fix crime issues. Then the InfoWars/Bannon camp found a sap who can put money and his celebrity in front of their rhetoric. Trump is a joke, everything else is just the influence others have over him.

You also shouldn't be surprised. US presidents in modern history are taken out by crazy conspiracy theorists. That's Trump's base...
    Folly and fakery have always been with us... but it has never before been as dangerous as it is now, never in history have we been able to afford it less. - Isaac Asimov
    Every damn thing you do in this life, you pay for. - Edith Piaf
    The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command. - Orwell
    No amount of belief makes something a fact. - James Randi

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Lionhearte0 View Post
    Oh, what a tired-out argument you have there, friend! You see, your statement implies that Trump mocked a reporter because he was handicapped, when in actuality, he mocked a reporter who turned out to be handicapped. There is actually a difference, although your bias against him may prevent you from seeing it. Understandable, of course, but let me explain why that difference matters: Trump mocks anyone who attacks him, which is actually nothing new and not something that anyone, clearly, cared about, since he got elected. The fact remains that if someone turned out to have a disability, it doesn't automatically presume Trump insulted him because of said after-mentioned fact.

But, wait! You'll say, Trump had an interview with the same reporter before!

Ah yes, the same reporter from 20 odd years ago was it? It's quite interesting how people will pull up old interviews to fit their narrative, but ignore other interviews of Trump from the same time frame, because it conflicts with their narrative.

You know, sort of like this interview here...
    Except, he's never used those hand motions in speeches before.... he's only used them in reference to that specific reporter. Feigning a lack of memory afterwards has always been his shtick

You'd also think that from the interview you posted he knows who David Duke was, but then on the campaign trail 3 times he claimed he didn't know anything about David Duke.

http://www.politifact.com/truth-o-me...about-former-/
    "Well, just so you understand, I don't know anything about David Duke. okay? I don't know anything about what you're even talking about with white supremacy or white supremacists. So, I don't know.

"I don't know, did he endorse me or what's going on, because, you know, I know nothing about David Duke. I know nothing about white supremacists. And so you're asking me a question that I'm supposed to be talking about people that I know nothing about. …

"I don't know any -- honestly, I don't know David Duke. I don't believe I have ever met him. I'm pretty sure I didn't meet him. And I just don't know anything about him."
    So either he has dementia, a lying problem, or a great comedy routine. Take your pick.

I can see the comedy routine now... (Who's on first? The President. The President is on first? No he just says he is.)

Quote Originally Posted by Hellboi View Post
    http://www.snopes.com/trump-diarrhea-golf-course/

This is actually a good example, Trump had no dirt on him so the left had to photoshop some on him to fool others into believing it.
    You mean one person photo-shopped a photo. By "dirt on him", I'm hoping you mean literal dirt on his pants while golfing, because it seems like something circulated in March 2017 is more of a joke than having dirt on Donald. If that was the case they could have just pulled any of the dozens of events from his past rather than make a poop joke out of the President's picture.

Besides what good would dirt on Donald do? There was a ton of factual dirt pre-election and his base didn't care on bit, what good would "dirt" do post-inauguration?

If you want to talk about entire sides fabricating information because they have no "dirt", let's talk about pizzagate as one of the many examples then...

Quote Originally Posted by CrowleyXIV View Post
    So this forum is full of people who don't acknowledge the fact that we who voted for Trump are more than "these" who voted for someone else? Trump is our President and if you want to rebel you rebel against democracy and independence. You think china cares about the guys who say "he is not my president!"? No because HE IS the president. You either support him or betray our very constitution.
    Wait... you do know that he didn't receive the most votes right? Hillary had more of the popular vote by about 3 million. He got more electoral votes yes, but your first entire sentence is factually wrong....

No one here is saying "no my president", he's the President we don't want or deserve, but sadly he's our President.

"Betray our very constitution"

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Twenty...s_Constitution

The 25th Amendment to the Constitution says hello, pretty sure it refers to replacement if the president is removed from office as one of the options in there. So, no opposing the Presidents sad views on reality doesn't mean we're betraying our courtey, constitution or otherwise. It simply means if he has/does screw up badly enough there's an option for removal. There is no -[You better fall into line! Or else!]
    Last edited by -Nurot; 2017-08-17 at 01:04 PM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Orbitus View Post
    You want proof that Alex Jones is racist? Ok give me a few minutes.

Here is a few: https://knowledgefight.com/racism
    With the actual recordings from his radio show.
    lmao. I just read this and its a pathetic aching strawman.

10+ Year Old Account
    Trump is continuing his desperate, sweat-dripping-from-forehead panicking defense of American Nazis and the KKK marching about statues today. more specifically, he doubled down on the slippery slope that first it would be Lee and Jackson, then it would be Washington and Jefferson.

THEN he claimed it would take beautiful parks and make them empty and ugly. So American Nazis and the KKK are just concerned about our public parks, apparently.

And finally, he made the argument "you can't change history, but you can learn from it". Aaaaaaaaand where to begin:
    1) Trump lies about objective facts all the time, which is an attempt to change history. Sometimes it's as simple as "I never said that" when there's video he did. Other times, it's Andrew Jackson during the Civil War.
    2) We can learn from history just fine without statues of people who tried to tear the country in half for the right to treat people as property.
    3) Trump bought a historic post office and turned it into a hotel.
    4) If Trump is suggesting the statues remain as warning signals of some kind, fair enough, so let's put up a statue of General Pakenham in New Orleans. Pakenham was the British commander in the Battle of New Orleans, who tried to steamroll the city, returning the port to British rule and by immediate side effect return slavery to the city (yes, New Orleans was in the south, but they were fine with freed slaves). Andrew Jackson personally faced against him in the Battle of New Orleans and, in one of the biggest military upsets between equal tech forces in military history of the world ever ever, Jackson beat being outnumbered 12:1 and also Pakenham died. The Battle of New Orleans is one of the things that made Andrew Jackson famous enough to be elected President. So, let's learn from history, put one of those Pakenham statues up outside of Jackson Square in New Orleans. Gotta learn from history, rand apparently, that means statues, right? Why not?
    5) And finally, apparently you can change history, the United States watched in fear and agony as the man in the Oval Office just defended Nazis and the KKK. That's never happened before. History changed, motherfucker.

Of course it was 6AM.

So there you have it, folks. Trump is all in on this. He is as balls-deep in defending American Nazis and the KKK, by virtue of trying to defend the narrative, as he was into his second wife while he was married to his first wife.

Deleted
    Trump just want full racist uncle. He doesn't even try to hide anymore.

Good luck in deal with the rest of the world, Racist Orange.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Flarelaine View Post
    They come back like comic villains. And have about as much substance.

- - - Updated - - -

Well, he IS a paid Trump apologist.

- - - Updated - - -

Oh, but there IS a difference. One that is rooted in immutable facts.

Napoleon, Shaka Zulu, Alexander the Great, Ramses II and George Washington all lead civilisations in Sid Meier's Civilization (or one of the sequels). Lee never did.

- - - Updated - - -

Adding to my previous comment: they are also on that list.

- - - Updated - - -

White is nice, but you have to take awful care not to get it soiled.

- - - Updated - - -

... and that is extra nice because then those of us with social media banned in the office can still see it.

- - - Updated - - -

Factually false. You are wrong by about 3 million votes.
    Hahahhahaha he shit his pants.
    The hammer comes down:
    Quote Originally Posted by Osmeric View Post
    Normal should be reduced in difficulty. Heroic should be reduced in difficulty.
    And the tiny fraction for whom heroic raids are currently well tuned? Too bad,so sad! With the arterial bleed of subs the fastest it's ever been, the vanity development that gives you guys your own content is no longer supportable.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Glorious Leader View Post
    Hahahhahaha he shit his pants.
    It's a photoshop.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tauror View Post
    It's a photoshop.
    It would have to be, I'm fairly sure Trump wears adult diapers.

"No he doesn't."

A simple Google search has one million, two hundred fifty thousand results for "trump wears adult diapers". So that means a lot of people are talking about it. In Trump terms, "a lot of people are saying it" makes it true. Therefore, Trump wears adult diapers.

10+ Year Old Account
    Governor of Virginia tells Trump not to come visit unless he can change his message dramatically.

"I do not want the president to come here and continue on with the speeches he’s given the last couple of days. Those speeches are dividing us," McAuliffe told CBS's "This Morning." “If the president wants to come to Charlottesville, and address our citizens, talk about how we can heal as a nation and how we need to move forward, then that is what the president of the United States should do."

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Vegas82 View Post
    So, the President said taking down Confederate statues is foolish and removing part of our culture. Why not move that shit to some kinda confederacy museum instead of having them be public monuments?
    Because they're beautiful.

No really, that's his argument. He tweeted it at 6AM so you know it's from the heart.

10+ Year Old Account
    And they'd be less beautiful if we moved them to museums instead of having them as public monuments?
    Yes, in Trump's attempt at a defense, he claims the cities and parks would be less beautiful if the statues were taken down.

He said it in a 6AM tweet so you know he's serious.

Deleted
    And they'd be less beautiful if we moved them to museums instead of having them as public monuments?
    But those parks? They are just ugly trees without confederate statues! Sad!

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Breccia View Post
    He said it in a 6AM tweet so you know he's serious.
    While taking a dump, most likely. Because that's where is the American politics right now, in the shitter.

Quote Originally Posted by Connal View Post
    I feel the same way... remove them and put them into a Civil War Museum. That way history is not being destroyed, but we are also not constantly reminded of a darker part of our history.
    Nothing wrong with being reminded of a dark part of history. That is a useful thing. What is wrong is people celebrating the thing that makes it dark. Rather than, you know, learning from it.
    When challenging a Kzin, a simple scream of rage is sufficient. You scream and you leap.
    Quote Originally Posted by George Carlin
    Think of how stupid the average person is, and realize half of them are stupider than that.
    Quote Originally Posted by Douglas Adams
    It is a well-known fact that those people who must want to rule people are, ipso facto, those least suited to do it... anyone who is capable of getting themselves made President should on no account be allowed to do the job.

10+ Year Old Account
    This is the cover of the Economist magazine.

The article is titled "Donald Trump has no grasp of what it means to be president".

DEFENDERS of President Donald Trump offer two arguments in his favour—that he is a businessman who will curb the excesses of the state; and that he will help America stand tall again by demolishing the politically correct taboos of left-leaning, establishment elites. From the start, these arguments looked like wishful thinking. After Mr Trump’s press conference in New York on August 15th they lie in ruins.

The unscripted remarks were his third attempt to deal with violent clashes in Charlottesville, Virginia, over the weekend (see article). In them the president stepped back from Monday’s—scripted—condemnation of the white supremacists who had marched to protest against the removal of a statue of Robert E. Lee, a Confederate general, and fought with counter-demonstrators, including some from the left. In New York, as his new chief of staff looked on dejected, Mr Trump let rip, stressing once again that there was blame “on both sides”. He left no doubt which of those sides lies closer to his heart.

Mr Trump is not a white supremacist. He repeated his criticism of neo-Nazis and spoke out against the murder of Heather Heyer (see our Obituary). Even so, his unsteady response contains a terrible message for Americans. Far from being the saviour of the Republic, their president is politically inept, morally barren and temperamentally unfit for office.

Self-harm
    Start with the ineptness. In last year’s presidential election Mr Trump campaigned against the political class to devastating effect. Yet this week he has bungled the simplest of political tests: finding a way to condemn Nazis. Having equivocated at his first press conference on Saturday, Mr Trump said what was needed on Monday and then undid all his good work on Tuesday—briefly uniting Fox News and Mother Jones in their criticism, surely a first. As business leaders started to resign enmasse from his advisory panels, the White House disbanded them. Mr Trump did, however, earn the endorsement of David Duke, a former Imperial Wizard of the Ku Klux Klan.

The extreme right will stage more protests across America. Mr Trump has complicated the task of containing their marches and keeping the peace. The harm will spill over into the rest of his agenda, too. His latest press conference was supposed to be about his plans to improve America’s infrastructure, which will require the support of Democrats. He needlessly set back those efforts, as he has so often in the past. “Infrastructure week” in June was drowned out by an investigation into Russian meddling in the election—an investigation Mr Trump helped bring about by firing the director of the FBI in a fit of pique. Likewise, repealing Obamacare collapsed partly because he lacked the knowledge and charisma to win over rebel Republicans. He reacted to that setback by belittling the leader of the Senate Republicans, whose help he needs to pass legislation. So much for getting things done.

Mr Trump’s inept politics stem from a moral failure. Some counter-demonstrators were indeed violent, and Mr Trump could have included harsh words against them somewhere in his remarks. But to equate the protest and the counter-protest reveals his shallowness. Video footage shows marchers carrying fascist banners, waving torches, brandishing sticks and shields, chanting “Jews will not replace us”. Footage of the counter-demonstration mostly shows average citizens shouting down their opponents. And they were right to do so: white supremacists and neo-Nazis yearn for a society based on race, which America fought a world war to prevent. Mr Trump’s seemingly heartfelt defence of those marching to defend Confederate statues spoke to the degree to which white grievance and angry, sour nostalgia is part of his world view.

At the root of it all is Mr Trump’s temperament. In difficult times a president has a duty to unite the nation. Mr Trump tried in Monday’s press conference, but could not sustain the effort for even 24 hours because he cannot get beyond himself. A president needs to rise above the point-scoring and to act in the national interest. Mr Trump cannot see beyond the latest slight. Instead of grasping that his job is to honour the office he inherited, Mr Trump is bothered only about honouring himself and taking credit for his supposed achievements.

Presidents have come in many forms and still commanded the office. Ronald Reagan had a moral compass and the self-knowledge to delegate political tactics. LBJ was a difficult man but had the skill to accomplish much that was good. Mr Trump has neither skill nor self-knowledge, and this week showed that he does not have the character to change.

This is a dangerous moment. America is cleft in two. After threatening nuclear war with North Korea, musing about invading Venezuela and equivocating over Charlottesville, Mr Trump still has the support of four-fifths of Republican voters. Such popularity makes it all the harder for the country to unite.

This leads to the question of how Republicans in public life should treat Mr Trump. Those in the administration face a hard choice. Some will feel tempted to resign. But his advisers, particularly the three generals sitting at the top of the Pentagon, the National Security Council and as Mr Trump’s chief of staff, are better placed than anyone to curb the worst instincts of their commander-in-chief.

An Oval Office-shaped hole
    For Republicans in Congress the choice should be clearer. Many held their noses and backed Mr Trump because they thought he would advance their agenda. That deal has not paid off. Mr Trump is not a Republican, but the solo star of his own drama. By tying their fate to his, they are harming their country and their party. His boorish attempts at plain speaking serve only to poison national life. Any gains from economic reform—and the booming stockmarket and low unemployment owe more to the global economy, tech firms and dollar weakness than to him—will come at an unacceptable price.

Republicans can curb Mr Trump if they choose to. Rather than indulging his outrages in the hope that something good will come of it, they must condemn them. The best of them did so this week. Others should follow.
    Red text for emphasis. You guys remember that one Dave Chappelle bit "You might not be a whore, but you're wearing a whore's uniform"? I think the same applies here.

Deleted
    Yeah, I'm totally taking decorating advice from this guy:
    Fuck, even the Lion is sad.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Huehuecoyotl View Post
    Nothing wrong with being reminded of a dark part of history. That is a useful thing. What is wrong is people celebrating the thing that makes it dark. Rather than, you know, learning from it.
    Yep. That's why the dark part of history goes into museum, so we can learn with it, and not celebrate in public parks and squares.

Quote Originally Posted by Nymrohd View Post
    It's not really a moment. The people who voted for Trump did not suddenly appear. White supremacism did not suddenly appear and a tacit acceptance for it among members of the Republican party is not something new. Just because you are only now starting to vomit doesn't mean the country didn't have stomach cancer and let it go untreated because it didn't hurt much for decades if not a century or two.
    Oh so much this. The white supremacists and avowed racists have been a core republican voting block for decades.

But this "outing" of them might finally force the republican party to kick them out, as while it was possible for the republican party to dog-whistle to them without losing other voters, now that the white supremacists are out in the open that isn't possible anymore. So they now either have to kick them out or accept them as a mainstream part of the party with a voice in that party. Time will show us which of these two they choose to do.
    Quote Originally Posted by Redtower View Post
    I don't think I ever hide the fact I was a national socialist. The fact I am a German one is what technically makes me a nazi
    Quote Originally Posted by Hooked View Post
    You haven't seen nothing yet, we trumpsters will definitely be getting some cool uniforms soon I hope.

10+ Year Old Account
    Throw Clay Aiken on the pile.

member all those times I defended realDonaldTrump and believed he was not actually racist? Well... I am a f*****g dumbass.

- - - Updated - - -

In terms of moving the statues to a museum, there's been some support of this in the past. Take, for example, what Linsdey Graham said about South Carolina's decision in June 2015 to remove the Confederate flag from their state capital building:

I would take it down, yes. I think they should put it in a museum and respect whatever it is you have to respect.

And it was Nikki Haley who gave the order, so add that, too.

So there's clearly some movement in the Republican Party for such a thing, and as we've seen, calls for removal have grown, and actual removal has grown as well. I would expect to see more in the future.

Why, of all things, is this the hill he is choosing to die on?

Trump's Law is apparently very real. Whatever the worst possible choice to make in any given situation, Trump make that choice.

Also, the amount of people defending fucking Nazis that I've seen is absurd.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by lazypeon100 View Post
    Why, of all things, is this the hill he is choosing to die on?
    As I've linked earlier, some analysts are saying Trump is afraid his base is loaded with American Nazis and the KKK. He's afraid of losing their support.

I mean, there's really no other good explanation, is there? Nobody else is doing this, and a bunch of people are doing the opposite -- condemning American Nazis and the KKK in extremely specific terms. And he lost all his CEOs over it as well. So he's not doing it to work with the House, Senate, or businesses. That leaves only his voters.

Quote Originally Posted by Breccia View Post
    As I've linked earlier, some analysts are saying Trump is afraid his base is loaded with American Nazis and the KKK. He's afraid of losing their support.

I mean, there's really no other good explanation, is there? Nobody else is doing this, and a bunch of people are doing the opposite -- condemning American Nazis and the KKK in extremely specific terms. And he lost all his CEOs over it as well. So he's not doing it to work with the House, Senate, or businesses. That leaves only his voters.
    This, largely. But it's also important to take into account that he's a pig-headed reactionary that feeds on and truly believes conspiracy nonsense. He loves the kind of horse-shit being spewed by the alt-right about counter-protestors being set up by big left money bags, and that any bad actions by the neo-nazis were simply false-flag operations to make them look bad.

You could tell him the sky is blue and he would feel an overwhelming need to insist it was green and never back down. The more he's pushed on his stupidity, the more he doubles down on it.