Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by bladeXcrasher View Post
    Not sure what I'm saying? Did you actually open the report at all?
    But what are YOU saying?

You seem to be implying that this methodology is somehow and for some reason skewed in Calgary's favour?
    Last edited by Mormolyce; 2017-08-17 at 11:24 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tojara View Post
    Look Batman really isn't an accurate source by any means
    Quote Originally Posted by Hooked View Post
    It is a fact, not just something I made up.

Livable if money is not a big concern.....

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Mihalik View Post
    The dude who ranked Helsinki as 9th most liveable has a rather strange idea of what "liveable" is. Which makes me question the whole list.
    Yeah Helsinki in the top 10 makes this list really rather dubious.

Quote Originally Posted by Tennisace View Post
    Latest rankings just out.

http://www.ctvnews.ca/canada/vancouv...ties-1.3548085

Interesting list. I think the top 2 are overrated. No NBA, MLB, MLS team etc among other things. I could understand Singapore maybe.
    With Climate change worsening, Melbourne is going to be unbearable so I imagine it's going to drop significantly.

What do you think of this list? Is your city on it?
    Of the top three, I would go with Vancouver.

I haven't been but I heard it is spectacular. I have visited Toronto and Montreal and had a positive experience.

I am not sure they took sports into account when they considered "livabaility." Of those cities, only Toronto has a sports scene to speak of.

I am not surprised none of the US cities made it. Bureaucrats have run most of the US cities into the ground. If you walk around the streets of some of the US cities, even the major ones- it is not really a good scene. I was in SF not too long ago and i couldn't even believe what was going on, NY as well. You only need to turn on the news to see what is happening in Chicago.......

The list as a whole is skewed, since the metrics favor big cities which are administration centers. Quite a few people would probably favor living in a smaller town, as long as transportation is available, so services are not too hard to come by.

I could think of a few places in Australia where I'd like to live, but Sydney and Melbourne are not among them. This as an example, since I've visited both.
    "It's just like I always said! You can do battle with strength, you can do battle with wits, but no weapon can beat a great pair of tits!"

The judges have never lived in the North.

They thought making snow man is fun.

Brewmaster
    10+ Year Old Account
    I have a 10hr layover in Vancouver in December. Is there anything to do besides make snowmen?

What are the demographics of these cities I wonder?

Quote Originally Posted by trrujkgklg View Post
    Damn i was thinking about going to Lagos and Tripoli for a holiday! I guess i better choose Canada instead!
    This is a list of good places to live in, not necessarily good places to visit. Vancouver is awesome tho if you plan on visiting Canada, Calgary is pretty boring for tourists, Toronto is alright if you don't like nature.

F-snow

/thread

Pft... cities, give me a wide-open suburb or countryside any day.
    Last edited by Daedius; 2017-08-17 at 02:06 PM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by BeerWolf View Post
    Pft... cities, give me an wide-open suburb or countryside any day.
    Same for me.

I love the peace and quiet + the people are way different.

Quote Originally Posted by Cerilis View Post
    Fair, but I was mostly thinking along the lines of "Hamburg - compared to other German cities"
    Hamburg is by far superior to every other german city.

Also, interesting. When i read an article about that list on another english site, the order was different, with Hamburg at #1.
    Last edited by Thelyron; 2017-08-17 at 02:00 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Tennisace View Post
    Latest rankings just out.

http://www.ctvnews.ca/canada/vancouv...ties-1.3548085

Interesting list. I think the top 2 are overrated. No NBA, MLB, MLS team etc among other things. I could understand Singapore maybe.
    With Climate change worsening, Melbourne is going to be unbearable so I imagine it's going to drop significantly.

What do you think of this list? Is your city on it?
    Toronto? The cost of living there is astounding, who ever created this list is a dumbass.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Mormolyce View Post
    But what are YOU saying?

You seem to be implying that this methodology is somehow and for some reason skewed in Calgary's favour?
    Did I mention any city at all or imply it was skewed toward any city? No, I was implying that it's as ridiculous as all the happiness and social index reports that some random company decides to put out each year based on some rating that they randomly generate. As the post after my initial one was, they oddly left out anything that makes a place livable.

Quote Originally Posted by bladeXcrasher View Post
    Did I mention any city at all or imply it was skewed toward any city? No, I was implying that it's as ridiculous as all the happiness and social index reports that some random company decides to put out each year based on some rating that they randomly generate. As the post after my initial one was, they oddly left out anything that makes a place livable.
    There are five of them listed right there? I take it you personally have a different definition of liveability?
    Quote Originally Posted by Tojara View Post
    Look Batman really isn't an accurate source by any means
    Quote Originally Posted by Hooked View Post
    It is a fact, not just something I made up.

Went to Calgary this summer. No complaints really, place is chill.

10+ Year Old Account
    Upper-class gated communities in nanny states considered the most livable in the world you say?

Not propaganda at all.
    There are no bathrooms, only Zuul.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Hellboi View Post
    Toronto? The cost of living there is astounding, who ever created this list is a dumbass.
    Shows how awesome the city is to be top 3 even with high prices.

7+ Year Old Account
    And even fewer people actually care.