Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Mush View Post
    What an absurd reaction to a video game.
    They hate themselves IRL and need to find something to blow all that frustration and anger on.

Quote Originally Posted by Aeula View Post
    Wonder how long until it's renamed the Activision Blizzard app.
    and tbh i wouldnt mind it if they give us a choice to hide the games you dont own if you dont want them displayed.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by nomorepriest View Post
    Who is excited?

Don't care but good for you if you are excited about this.

I think this is why they want to rename Blizzard app back to Battle.net

anyone like the power play of splitting blizzard from activision games?

Quote Originally Posted by Hisholyness View Post
    anyone like the power play of splitting blizzard from activision games?
    What power play lol? It's for better organisation.

What that says to me is Activision may be intending to bring more of their published/own games to the app.

Quote Originally Posted by Eleccybubb View Post
    And again. You are not supposed to understand. You are supposed to respect that other people enjoy something you might not and let it be.

You want to know why people enjoy a specific game? Because they do. Be it music, visuals, gameplay or whatever.

You might not see a reason to get Destiny 2 because you find it has "nothing valuable" but that is your subjective opinion. I want to get it because I enjoy the FPS/Loot genre. Simple as that.
    Shit man, it's fun reading your arguments with Slipmat because in those threads you seem to come from some kind of reasonable standpoint, but this stuff is getting borderline hypocritical and white knighty. Also "I like this so it should be here, you not liking it and not wanting it here is therefore wrong"

Quote Originally Posted by Segus1992 View Post
    Shit man, it's fun reading your arguments with Slipmat because in those threads you seem to come from some kind of reasonable standpoint, but this stuff is getting borderline hypocritical. "I like this so it should be here, you not liking it and not wanting it here is therefore wrong"
    Did I say they should get it or not wanting it is bad? Oh wait I didn't.

I'm just saying enjoyment of a game is subjective.

If I want to be critical of a product I will and feel free to call me out on it. But don't start claiming hypocrisy when I question someones critique. It's a poor argument at best. I asked them why they thought the game had no value. Not that they should get Destiny 2. Their decision and their money.

The poster I responded to said they weren't getting Destiny 2 because it has no "value". I was trying to better understand why they weren't. If they don't want to get it then that is fine.

Try reading the entire conversation.

And OT. I respect people who enjoy Rift. I don't respect people who blindly defend a game like it's their mission in life.
    Last edited by Eleccybubb; 2017-08-17 at 02:00 PM.

I guess I am just getting old... I do not see all the hoopla about this. I just use the app to launch whatever game I feel like playing at the moment.

Did I say they should get it or not wanting it is bad? Oh wait I didn't.

I'm just saying enjoyment of a game is subjective.

If I want to be critical of a product I will and feel free to call me out on it. But don't start claiming hypocrisy when I question someones critique. It's a poor argument at best.
    It's hypocritical because it's white knighty of a game in a similar (admittedly less extreme) fashion to Slipmat.

And I was saying you're telling people they're silly because they don't like Destiny and therefore don't want it on the battle.net client because your opinion differs.

It's hypocritical because it's white knighty of a game in a similar (admittedly less extreme) fashion to Slipmat.

And I was saying you're telling people they're silly because they don't like Destiny and therefore don't want it on the battle.net client because your opinion differs.
    Where the fuck am I white knighting? All I said was I was getting Destiny 2 because I enjoyed FPS/Loot games. I was more curious as to why someone didn't see the "value" of it. I can understand why some people might not like it for things such as the repetitive nature of these kinds of games and I accept that.

The whole enjoyment of games has always been subjective because well someone might enjoy something you don't.

Oh and try reading again. I said that a hide option will probably happen but it is more than likely low priority for them. I just think clutter is a silly reason because it doesn't make the app look cluttered at all. In my opinion the app looks tidy.

Did you literally just pick those 2 quotes without reading everything else I posted in this thread?
    Last edited by Eleccybubb; 2017-08-17 at 02:10 PM.

Why? What effect does it have on you being on the list? If it tempts you into purchasing it then that is on you for poor money handling skills. Otherwise there is no effect.

- - - Updated - - -

And it will still be Battle.net. Nothing is going to change drastically because they are letting another dev put their game on. Hell I imagine Activision may expand it to Call of Duty in the future. End of the day it doesn't affect me because I don't have to buy it. Just as it doesn't affect anyone else.
    So no actual reason?

I asked how it affected you. Not whether you liked it or not.

Will this suddenly cause instability on the app? No

Will it somehow force you to buy it against your will? No

Can you still access your Blizzard games with ease?

Cool then there's literally no downsides. And considering that says Activision and they are only the publisher that leads me to believe Activision may throw some of their own games on there too.

Name me one negative effect putting this on the app has. It's not going to suddenly change how the app works. The App is on Blizzards end and Activision will have no say in how they run it.
    And I respect yours. I just think a hide option is pointless. It's a tiny thing anyway and not intrusive.
    It still looks clean and organised. It's in it's own separate section and lined up with the other games.
    Those icons are probably like 1MB each. Probably less. Calling it clutter is stretching it.
    The app looks tidy though. Just move games you don't use underneath the ones you do.
    All of these are responses to people saying "I don't like it and don't want it on my battle.net client" and your response is "I like it and want it on my battle.net client and your opinion is wrong".

It's not "I think it'll be ok, bit of a shame we can't hide but I'm sure the people who don't play Destiny can live with it", it's "suck it up and deal with it, I like Destiny". Kind of a shame.
    Last edited by Segus1992; 2017-08-17 at 02:09 PM.

All of these are responses to people saying "I don't like it and don't want it on my battle.net client" and your response is "I like it and want it on my battle.net client and your opinion is wrong".
    So you ignored the rest then?

I'm not saying I disagree with a hide games option. Just saying it's probably very low on their list right now. If the Warcraft 3 PTR ends up leading to a remaster then they will be focusing on adding the technical side of support for it. Background image was datamined ages ago though.
    What?

Make some sense. You calling a game "unworthy" is a subjective opinion. Stop being so obtuse.

You don't like Destiny 2. That is fine. And people do seek value in games or they would not buy them. Just because you don't see the value in a game doesn't mean other people have to share your subjective opinion of said game.
    And look at that. Me saying someone doesn't like a game is fine.

Hell one of those quotes you picked even admits to me respecting their opinion.

If you are going to cherry pick at least read the damn things.

Am I not allowed to debate on the forum? Am I not allowed to have an opinion yet be supportive of the "hide games" option? I literally said calling it clutter is stretching if we talk about HDD space. An Icon is probably a few MB at best these days.

Am I not allowed to discuss someones opinion of a video game but respect the fact they don't like it?

Good to know you just picked every quote without reading it.
    Last edited by Eleccybubb; 2017-08-17 at 02:15 PM.

Deleted
    Honestly wish this didnt happen. Please keep the blizzard app free of non-blizzard games

Quote Originally Posted by Nupomaniac View Post
    Honestly wish this didnt happen. Please keep the blizzard app free of non-blizzard games
    Meh I see it becoming a base for Activision to publish and develop. Smart move as well. Unifies players to that platform and can possibly get more players into Blizzard games.

I mean only Activision (well Bungie) game I see me getting is Destiny 2. Never been interested in CoD and to be honest can't remember what Activision make or publish these days.

And look at that. Me saying someone doesn't like a game is fine.

Hell one of those quotes you picked even admits to me respecting their opinion.

If you are going to cherry pick at least read the damn things.

Am I not allowed to debate on the forum? Am I not allowed to have an opposite opinion yet be supportive of the "hide games" option?
    It's like half of your posts in the thread belittling people's opinions because you disagree. I don't really personally care about the issue, just a bit disappointing.

You saying that disliking a game is fine doesn't have any effect on the other posts you've made, not sure what relevance you think that has. "I said it was fine once so this unrelated post is therefore excused"?

Anyway, I'm not interested in an argument, I just wanted to say it was a shame to see you vehemently defending rather than discussing like a normal person which was the impression I got from those Rift threads.

It's like half of your posts in the thread belittling people's opinions because you disagree. I don't really personally care about the issue, just a bit disappointing.

You saying that disliking a game is fine doesn't have any effect on the other posts you've made, not sure why what relevance you think that has. "I said it was fine once so this unrelated post is therefore excused"?

Anyway, I'm not interested in an argument, I just wanted to say it was a shame to see you vehemently defending rather than discussing like a normal person which was the impression I got from those Rift threads.
    Lol. Defending? Debating opinions is defending?

Am I not allowed to disagree with someone yet be respectful of their opinions on a forum which I am?

If you really think that is belittling then this discussion is already over. Belittling would be me saying for example "they are objectively wrong and I'm right". Would love to know where I stated this.

Well when you try to pull posts up and claim I was belittling someone in posts I clearly wasn't then you are grasping at straws.

Yes I think clutter is a stretching argument because Icons are tiny, Yes I don't think a Hide Games feature is going to happen anytime soon because I imagine there are higher priority things to do with the app such as social features and the tech side of it. And yes this is my OPINION. Those posters I quoted are entitled to theirs and I respect that.

Asking how it effects someone is not belittling or hypocrisy. It's a simple question.

And please don't try to take the moral high ground here. You knew what you were trying to do the minute you threw the quotes down and made the claims. I'm happy to discuss and debate but please do not claim I am belittling or vehemently defending when all I did was quote people and ask them a question.
    Last edited by Eleccybubb; 2017-08-17 at 02:28 PM.

Deleted
    Meh I see it becoming a base for Activision to publish and develop. Smart move as well. Unifies players to that platform.

I mean only Activision (well Bungie) game I see me getting is Destiny 2. Never been interested in CoD and to be honest can't remember what Activision make or publish these days.
    Oh its definately a smart move by Activision.

I liked how Blizzard had its own place for its own products however. It felt special to me.

Its like all blizzards games fit together in this cartoony graphics style. And then comes this(excuse me i dont know Destiny very well) serious looking shooter. It just doesnt fit in to me

I read your title and thought finally you can apply one-time success tokens to your followers in the app.

But it's just about a game we already knew would come for months now.

Quote Originally Posted by Nupomaniac View Post
    Oh its definately a smart move by Activision.

I liked how Blizzard had its own place for its own products however. It felt special to me.

Its like all blizzards games fit together in this cartoony graphics style. And then comes this(excuse me i dont know Destiny very well) serious looking shooter. It just doesnt fit in to me
    Eh saves Activision having to develop their own platform at the end of the day. Worst case scenario is there are a load of Activision game icons on it. The smartest part as I said is it will get people to possibly try Blizzard games and Blizzard game players to try Activision games. So it's a win win for both sides here.

I understand where you are coming from though. Does feel a bit weird logging on to an App for Blizzard and seeing an Activision game.
    Last edited by Eleccybubb; 2017-08-17 at 02:29 PM.