Thread: 7.3 spoilers!

10+ Year Old Account
    Epic Premium
    Likely it's misfiled by accident - mounted as a Beta build instead of a normal PTR release. PTR releases that are near to completion are typically mounted as "release candidates" as opposed to "Beta" builds. We'll see, of course.
    "We're more of the love, blood, and rhetoric school. Well, we can do you blood and love without the rhetoric, and we can do you blood and rhetoric without the love, and we can do you all three concurrent or consecutive. But we can't give you love and rhetoric without the blood. Blood is compulsory. They're all blood, you see." ― Tom Stoppard, Rosencrantz and Guildenstern are Dead

Quote Originally Posted by Stroggylos View Post
    With the titans having the habit of fracturing their souls I wouldn't bee surprised if only a portion of sargie gets captured , rest roaming free continuing the crusade...
    There must always be a Lich... er, Dark Titan.
    Quote Originally Posted by Alex86el View Post
    "Orc want, orc take." and "Orc dissagrees, orc kill you to win argument."
    Quote Originally Posted by Toho View Post
    The Horde is basically the guy that gets mad that the guy that they just beat the crap out of had the audacity to bleed on them.
    Why no, people don't just like Sylvie for T&A: https://www.mmo-champion.com/threads...ery-Cinematic/

As of today, Argus still has this in the dungeon journal.

I do wonder if they will do a Ra-Den with that?

Quote Originally Posted by Nymrohd View Post
    http://www.wowhead.com/news=269965/u...a-build-config
    So WoWHead says Blizzard changed the type of the build in the PTR from test to beta. I have no idea what that means and why I should be excited about it.

Is there any merit to this speculation by WoWhead? @chaud
    Wow. You know, I never bought into new xpac being announced at Gamescom, but if there's one thing that kinda tilts me in the other direction, it's this.

I hadn't thought about it until now, but if they did want to give us the next xpac sometime early next summer that would mean Alpha would likely have to come up sometime before Blizzcon. This would ruin any sort of surprise we would get once the reveal happens, which is typically not how Blizzard likes to operate.

I'm now switching camps. Xpac annoucement at Gamescom!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by m12342 View Post
    As of today, Argus still has this in the dungeon journal.

I do wonder if they will do a Ra-Den with that?
    I wouldn't be surprised if they hid details from the dungeon journal for a while, at least until 7.3.5.

Quote Originally Posted by Bigbazz
    MMO champion for example used to be the center of WoW theorycrafting

10+ Year Old Account
    Epic Premium
    Quote Originally Posted by Nize View Post
    Wow. You know, I never bought into new xpac being announced at Gamescom, but if there's one thing that kinda tilts me in the other direction, it's this.

I hadn't thought about it until now, but if they did want to give us the next xpac sometime early next summer that would mean Alpha would likely have to come up sometime before Blizzcon. This would ruin any sort of surprise we would get once the reveal happens, which is typically not how Blizzard likes to operate.

I'm now switching camps. Xpac annoucement at Gamescom!
    Even if the next expansion is announced at Gamescom (and I have no idea if it will or won't be), I doubt they would have anything near a Beta build ready to mount for it on the testing servers. At most we would only be at an early tech Alpha at this point, and probably not even that, for any kind of 8.0 content.
    "We're more of the love, blood, and rhetoric school. Well, we can do you blood and love without the rhetoric, and we can do you blood and rhetoric without the love, and we can do you all three concurrent or consecutive. But we can't give you love and rhetoric without the blood. Blood is compulsory. They're all blood, you see." ― Tom Stoppard, Rosencrantz and Guildenstern are Dead

Quote Originally Posted by Aucald View Post
    Even if the next expansion is announced at Gamescom (and I have no idea if it will or won't be), I doubt they would have anything near a Beta build ready to mount for it on the testing servers. At most we would only be at an early tech Alpha at this point, and probably not even that, for any kind of 8.0 content.
    You misunderstood me. I said alpha would likely drop before Blizzcon, not Gamescom. An alpha/beta requires a lot of time before we'd hit release, typically 6-9 months. An expansion announcement would have to precede that due to obvious datamining, leaks, etc. If announcement is at Blizzcon, which is a week or 2 before final raid, then we'd be in that last raid tier for almost 9 months, with the last bit of world content being near a whole year (with 7.3 coming in less than 2 weeks). Blizzard seems determined to keep things to a tight schedule and keep a flow going, so I don't think they'll do that.

This train of thought is what is tilting me now towards a Gamescom expansion announcement, whereas before I felt that the last announcement was merely made due to circumstance.

I mean, 7.3.5 is going to follow 7.3 on the PTR before the beta anyway.
    Luckily, this is not PTR we're talking about. It's a build config that would be applied to alpha/beta servers, not PTR.

http://www.wowhead.com/news=269965/u...a-build-config
    So WoWHead says Blizzard changed the type of the build in the PTR from test to beta. I have no idea what that means and why I should be excited about it.

Is there any merit to this speculation by WoWhead? @chaud
    Its for the gamescom floor. They use beta servers for playable demos etc.
    Crimea is Ukraine!

Ah, that makes sense, I guess they wanted that built available on the beta servers then for the demo PCs at gamescom. Wonder what they will demo though, doubt it will be 7.3 itself.
    It will indeed be the 7.3. It is basically the exact same thing as it is on ptr with few minor things.

There's some things different compared to the current build on PTR and only a handful of new files that aren't on PTR. Nothing super interesting, though. Any content they want to show off would already have to be in the PTR client.
    Last edited by Drekmar; 2017-08-17 at 09:26 AM.
    Crimea is Ukraine!

10+ Year Old Account
    >"Biggest gamescom ever!"

>Literally same game as on the free PTR servers accessible to everyone

Well it's pretty sure that any major WoW related announcements are out of the picture now (not that I ever believed GC would have anything when the patch cycle is where it is). We'll get the 7.3 trailer/cutscene to go with the PTR demos they have up there.

Quote Originally Posted by Aucald View Post
    Eh, i think they're further than that already. They could probably whip up something playable for Gamescom if they really wanted to. Probably a bit short on content still, though.

Quote Originally Posted by Lahis View Post
    >"Biggest gamescom ever!"

>Literally same game as on the free PTR servers accessible to everyone
    Doesn't mean that the biggest gamescom presence will be about wow. They got other more successful games going on.
    Crimea is Ukraine!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Drekmar View Post
    Doesn't mean that the biggest gamescom presence will be about wow. They got other more successful games going on.
    But what they have to announce?

SC2 is finished, and SC:Remaster just released.
    HS'es latest expansion just released.
    Overwatch just had the biggest teased character released.
    Diablo 3.... do they even dev for that game anymore? (And even then, the Necromancer from the scrapped second expansion just got out).
    And HotS... what can they do? A new character or a map?

None of their games seem to be in a position where they would have something big coming up, that would need to be revealed in Gamescom instead of Blizzcon few months later.

Diablo 3.... do they even dev for that game anymore? (And even then, the Necromancer from the scrapped second expansion just got out).

None of their games seem to be in a position where they would have something big coming up, that would need to be revealed in Gamescom instead of Blizzcon few months later.
    They don't need to announce anything. They will just be there showing games they already have.
    Crimea is Ukraine!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Drekmar View Post
    They don't need to announce anything. They will just be there showing games they already have.
    Games that everyone can play right now in their homes.

Sounds like a huge waste of money and time to build big booths for that.

To attract new players, gamescom has broad audience. They will let people try 7.3, some new heroes for HotS/OW and chill.
    Crimea is Ukraine!

If, and I say IF, the biggest gamescom thing really teases a big announcement, the best candidates are a new wow expac or Diablo 4. I'd go for the latter: IIRC there were some job listings pointing to that and possibly the Necromancer was thrown in D3 to keep the game somewhat alive while the main workforce was working on the new one. Or they could go for a new IP, but we can't speculate about that, can't we?

They are also games that many people have not played. Video game conventions always have stations filled with games currently out for people to play.

10+ Year Old Account

For HOTS there is rumors about PvE brawl, few characters for community wait most like SC Firebat, Kel'Thuzad, Junkrat, Ana Amari and Alexstrasza. Which Alexstrasza probably is going to be revealed on Theycon, since on leak is mentioned. "Something special with Alexstrasza" For now at least, community wait most for Firebat and Kel'Thuzad, while Junkrat and Ana Amari might fill the gap between Gamescom and Theycon.

Also idk if this image make any sense?

We're likely going to get both the Cinematic, as well as the logo for 7.3.

Everything is likely just info.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by DesoPL View Post
    For HOTS there is rumors about PvE brawl, few characters for community wait most like SC Firebat, Kel'Thuzad, Junkrat, Ana Amari and Alexstrasza. Which Alexstrasza probably is going to be revealed on Theycon, since on leak is mentioned. "Something special with Alexstrasza" For now at least, community wait most for Firebat and Kel'Thuzad, while Junkrat and Ana Amari might fill the gap between Gamescom and Theycon.

Also idk if this image make any sense?
    Oh look. Turalyon.

See what I mean?!