Voters
753. This poll is closed
  • Yes

385 51.13%
  • No

368 48.87%
Page 6 of 21 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    This over simplification of already trivial easy leveling is not the direction the community should be asking for.
    Realize it's only bring brought up because you are unhappy that it takes slightly longer level without flying, but it's already insanely easier than it was during wod launch.
    How much do you want for free? This mentality has infected this game to such a degree that rpg elements are almost unrecognizable and leveling feels like content that is no longer supported.
    Please stop being so selfish. It's ruining this game and has been for years. Go buy the boost if you can't find interest in leveling.
    Owner of ONEAzerothTV
    Tanking, Blood DK Mythic+ Pugging, Soloing and WoW Challenges alongside other discussions about all things in World of Warcraft
    ONEAzerothTV

Quote Originally Posted by huth View Post
    Then again, they don't need it. So it's irrelevant either way.
    They need it. They want to fly in Draenor too.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by NoobistTV-Metro View Post
    This over simplification of already trivial easy leveling is not the direction the community should be asking for.
    Realize it's only bring brought up because you are unhappy that it takes slightly longer level without flying, but it's already insanely easier than it was during wod launch.
    How much do you want for free? This mentality has infected this game to such a degree that rpg elements are almost unrecognizable and leveling feels like content that is no longer supported.
    Please stop being so selfish. It's ruining this game and has been for years. Go buy the boost if you can't find interest in leveling.
    Actually experiencing all the zones, hitting max level, then doing a flying unlock quest makes the experience even better.

People complaining about having to do stuff they deem "obselete" need to go... this is the way I view stuff like that. Yes, I've done WoD Pathfinder on main, my alt has not, guess what... my alt is not my main. Sure its cool they did it for Legion but its not something that is "needed". This is still a MMORPG at its heart and I just view everytime I hop on a ALT as being a brand new player in the world I've never seen before. I have a weird sense of deja vu as I know where to go to get quests done... maybe I did it in another life or something (LOL). IF you can't deal with having to do stuff on ALTs that you have done on your main then plain and simple don't make alts...

Quote Originally Posted by DarthMonk79 View Post
    People complaining about having to do stuff they deem "obselete" need to go... this is the way I view stuff like that. Yes, I've done WoD Pathfinder on main, my alt has not, guess what... my alt is not my main. Sure its cool they did it for Legion but its not something that is "needed". This is still a MMORPG at its heart and I just view everytime I hop on a ALT as being a brand new player in the world I've never seen before. I have a weird sense of deja vu as I know where to go to get quests done... maybe I did it in another life or something (LOL). IF you can't deal with having to do stuff on ALTs that you have done on your main then plain and simple don't make alts...
    What? Aren't both WoD and Legion pathfinder's account wide unlocks. What does this have to do with alts?

Quote Originally Posted by ChairmanKaga View Post
    What? Aren't both WoD and Legion pathfinder's account wide unlocks. What does this have to do with alts?
    i think he's just lost.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by WhiteEagle888 View Post
    You realize there is flying in MoP right?
    Yes I do, and you need to be level 90 to buy it, making it obsolete when you get the said level because you're on your way to Draenor.

The person which goes through MoP content for the first time will most certainly not have enough gold, nor access to BMAH to buy the tome.

- - - Updated - - -

Actually experiencing all the zones, hitting max level, then doing a flying unlock quest makes the experience even better.
    That could work, or as someone else mentioned, lower some of the requirements (reps for example).

Quote Originally Posted by Demetrion View Post
    The person which goes through MoP content for the first time will most certainly not have enough gold, nor access to BMAH to buy the tome.
    I had the gold but I agree - a quest unlock would be far better.

- - - Updated - - -

That could work, or as someone else mentioned, lower some of the requirements (reps for example).
    they need to be so low that they don't exist. No one should be forced to grind for past expansions.
    Last edited by WhiteEagle888; 2017-08-17 at 04:58 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    So you think Blizzard can't change their position about flying? Are you saying they are like Nintendo and any employee would commit harakiri if they did?
    Well that escalated quickly lol.

I'm saying that position is very shaky even for relevant content. Personally I think its bullshit.

So even for irrelevant content, a designer would want to maintain as much immersion and experience as possible.

If they abandon that to make it easier/more fun then the argument can/should be made for current and relevant content too.

THEY need it to be true for WoD AND Legion... otherwise pull the plug on the pathfinder shit altogether.

Quote Originally Posted by A dot Ham View Post
    Well that escalated quickly lol.

I'm saying that position is very shaky even for relevant content. Personally I think its bullshit.

So even for irrelevant content, a designer would want to maintain as much immersion and experience as possible.

If they abandon that to make it easier/more fun then the argument can/should be made for current and relevant content too.

THEY need it to be true for WoD AND Legion... otherwise pull the plug on the pathfinder shit altogether.
    Yeah I'm very drastic when I'm high xd

And considering there was no pathfinder requirement in the past they could start now by streamlining it. A nice idea can be found here:
    t's obsolete now that we have Legion.
    Just introduce a short questline or allow us to buy flying in Draenor and be done with it.

You could have all flying be account wide no need for a cheevo to do that.
    A quest on the other hand would be cool - something akin where you learn to tame the primordial winds of Draenor or some generic fantasy thing like that and make that quest account wide like pet battles.

do 1 quest link in a quest chain of flying unlocks for each zone at max level to that particular zone. Account bound.

Like learning to fly in outland against the Twisting Nether, in Northrend against the freezing wind, in Cataclysm against the elemental hazards, in MoP against the mist, in Draenor against the primordial winds and in Legion against the fel-tainted air. The issue would be gone and everything would become streamlined.

10+ Year Old Account
    Yeah I'm very drastic when I'm high xd

And considering there was no pathfinder requirement in the past they could start now by streamlining it. A nice idea can be found here:
    I'm game for whatever form that takes.

I think in Legion they have enough alternatives to flying, that its almost not noticeable. But if you lack an alternative option (like in WoD) it becomes a little cumbersome to get around.

It takes like 8 hours to level through draenor who fucking cares if you are flying or not lol.

I think Flying should be baseline with each Xpac, I hated having to purchase it every xpac on all my characters, especially since I done even have Epic flying on most of my toons, but I really hate the crap you had to do in WOD and in Legion to fly, IDK if you can even fly in legion yet, but I hated it being gated behind all the crap it was.

7+ Year Old Account
    It's fine as is. I can't ride my bugs outside of AQ, but I am not screaming for that to unlock. You want to fly on Draenor? Earn it like the rest of us.

They need it. They want to fly in Draenor too.
    If they don't want to do any of the Draenor content, they don't need Draenor flying. And probably don't actually want it, either.

Quote Originally Posted by God Among Men View Post
    It's fine as is. I can't ride my bugs outside of AQ, but I am not screaming for that to unlock. You want to fly on Draenor? Earn it like the rest of us.
    Ahhhh but feedback on people wanting those mounts outside AQ lead to the Arch mount that is just that.

High Overlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    I'm fine with how it is becuase I already have it and make about 40k a week from the old garrison rep tokens.

I wish they never removed the xp elixirs from garrison missions.

Quote Originally Posted by huth View Post
    If they don't want to do any of the Draenor content, they don't need Draenor flying. And probably don't actually want it, either.
    They want to because they are interested. They don't want to waste time doing the same rep quest 10times over though.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by God Among Men View Post
    you not wanting an unlock for your bugs is your problem - although they could certainly unlock them, it's not that big of an issue.
    I have earned flying in Draenor, it simply is unnecessary to keep having to grind for it anymore.

Deleted
    The grind is obsolete not the flying /facepalm
    then dont do the grind? why do you need flying there on a silver plate if you can instead work on the legion one?

Quote Originally Posted by Fummockelchen View Post
    then dont do the grind? why do you need flying there on a silver plate if you can instead work on the legion one?
    Because flying should be made mainstream among all zones regardless?
    I have both Draenor and Legion flying unlocked btw - the thing is the grind itself is not necessary - you are like hamsters spinning around in a wheel and don't even recognize it.

Easy, obvious solution... make it so you can pay gold per character to unlock flying in WoD or get it for free for your entire account by doing pathfinder, and get a rylak mount as bonus.

Personally I have had the pathfinder since just after it released, but it's outdated content no one wants to bother with, and let's be honest... WoD sucks. Flying makes it not suck as much. There's nothing horrible about enabling flying mounts for this old content.