Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    The idle animations are ultra awkward :-/ It just doesn't look right i.e. floating hands in mid-air.

But perhaps it's just me and takes time getting used to.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Requimortem View Post
    "I just made an account to agree with you" translates to "I'm actually this person but I'm going to pretend I'm not and people are totally going to believe me".
    If you say so. You really think these animations are cool? could you explain why? Trying to be reasonable here.

Quote Originally Posted by newanimationsarenotok View Post
    This. I just made an account to agree with you. I dont know how anyone can look at this and say they are better, it just makes me sad to think now I cant play neither melee nor casters anymore... thanks to pointless "upgrades".
    They look amazing, dont see any problem, and the animations needed to change and stop being standard for all classes.

Now you know how someone can like these new changes

that druid clap is the worst thing i've seen... i pray it does not make it through

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Daevied View Post
    They look amazing, dont see any problem, and the animations needed to change and stop being standard for all classes.

Now you know how someone can like these new changes
    Yeah I guess the actual spell effects are cool and all, but I dont know, it just feels so wrong how upright the idle stances are, specially for races like orcs and undeads.

Linking irrelevant numbers in an argument that has nothing to do with numbers. Nice.
    How is that irrelevant? You claimed you've been fucked over since the start of mop yet warlocks haven't been out of the top 5 at the very least since the start of the xpac.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Hyral View Post
    I cannot understand how anyone likes these, they are objectively terrible.
    You're objectively wrong there, because whether or not they're good is completely subjective. On a vacuum, I do find them to be rather well-done and interesting, with the mage ones being my favorites, though, as I mentioned earlier, my gripe is that it means that casting animations are slowly becoming more and more class-specific than race-specific.

- - - Updated - - -

If you say so. You really think these animations are cool? could you explain why? Trying to be reasonable here.
    You're not being reasonable, at all, if you think the animations are "objectively terrible".
    "Torturing someone is not an evil thing to do if it is done for good reasons" by Varodoc
    "You sit in OG/SW waiting on a Mythic+ queue" by Altmer <- Oh, the pearls in this forum...
    "They sort of did this Dragonriding, which ushered in the Dracthyr race." by Teriz <- the BS some people reach for their narratives...

Herald of the Titans
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Cazmosis View Post
    ...then whats their staff for?
    ^^This is why we want spells to use our weapons.

To be clear, I don't think anyone in this group (The "we want spells to use our weapons" group) means that we want to actually swing our weapons and fight with them, the way a warrior does, that would be silly.

What we want is for our spells to sometimes be channeled through our weapons. This has also never made more sense than it does now during Legion given the artifacts we carry. I know that; at least in my case, it feels a little silly for Aluneth to be nothing more than a glorified talisman to my mage. Considering the lore behind the weapon itself; it would make much more sense to me if my mage used Aluneth to channel and focus arcane energy and then fired the blast from the head of the staff rather than leaving it on her back.

And to be honest? I'm not even so sure having some casters use the weapons themselves in the attack would even be entirely bad either in some cases. Shadowpriests and Aff Warlocks come to mind here. It's a damn shame when I see a warlock running around with the soul harvester decorating their backside, and little else.

Personally I would even take it a step further and have the weapons involved in many other animations as well; again not all; as then it would just feel saturated. The shaman is probably the best candidate for alot of these: Imagine if the cast animation for chain lightning had them raise their weapon, get struck by lightning, which they then redirected at their target by pointing said weapon at them.

Shadowpriests I could see having some sort of animation where they cut themselves as a sort of ritual price (thinking of something like the dragonage blood magic shtick).

Hell, Paladins; does your toon ever actually open that book you carry around?

It's nitpicky, sure. But I don't know I like little details like that. Or maybe I just wish my mage would swing her staff around during combat "because Gandalf".

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Sorrowful Gondola View Post
    Oh don't worry, warlocks will get new animation. But we will first need to give our Infernals to mages, Voidwalkers to shadow priests and soulstones to death knights, because it fits their class fantasy way better. Our new class fantasy will be new casting animations that will be made few days prior to 8.0.0. release. This will include an update skull for Agony cast, a little purple cloud on Corruption and one more imp (that's visible only 50% of the time) on Hand of Gul'dan. Our casting animation will include:
    • Blizz dev spawning a nailing us to the cross every time we cast a DoT
    • Demon Hunter swooping from the skies and ripping a metamorphosis form from from us every time we cast a demonology spell
    • And when we want to cast a destruction spell, a fire mage will appear, we will bow to him, and he will cast our spell for us (if you have Flames of Xoroth some of his spells will sometimes be green, but that will change on every patch deepening if Blizzard forgot to update them)
    What if they let you cast enslave demon on demon hunters, and instead of a fire mage appearing and you bowing to them; you just flat out got a new spell "Summon Fire Mage: Opens a portal through the twisting nether, ripping a randomly selected fire mage with an item level similar to your own from wherever they are, including instances, to do your bidding. Cast again to gain direct control over the fire mage."

Quote Originally Posted by dranlord View Post
    sorry i been playing for 10 years already. And this animations change are welcomes. The game animation are super old. What you feel is call nostalgia, is a common disease this days on the internet.

I can actually see how much effor they put to generate different animations base on classes that make more sense that race animations.

- - - Updated - - -

QQ is free on forums so they just QQ about any little change the game get.
    i definitelly have another oppinion about that. but thats just mine. but to call "everybody that dont like new stuff xyz" a "disease" is ... try to find words.... is ....

hmm, good luck for your life then

Sad...they finally redid caster animations and had a chance to actually incorporate WEAPONS into the caster animations. Yet they still opted not to. The new animations are cool and all, but it'd have been neat to see the actual weapons become involved in caster animations rather than forever being stat sticks.

Epic!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Your kind will never change, and I will never stop fighting you.
    Yeah I guess the actual spell effects are cool and all, but I dont know, it just feels so wrong how upright the idle stances are, specially for races like orcs and undeads.
    The issue is they removed race identity, that's why they don't fit those. I mean that's the issue besides the animations being basically overexaggerated dances moves more fitting of a pop band's back up dancers. Specially the druid ones. Go to the PTR and spam rejuv to any song from Nsync. It will fit perfectly. I've literally done this.

Deleted
    new animations are still very basic and not what people wanted.

Quote Originally Posted by Eleccybubb View Post
    I imagine they will roll more out along the line. Who knows 7.4 or finish them all up for 8.0?
    Nope, pretty sure they are in the same patch as the dance studio.
    Disarm now correctly removes the targets’ arms.

they don't look like they're from Runescape is a good reason to start with.

Quote Originally Posted by Mush View Post
    How is that irrelevant? You claimed you've been fucked over since the start of mop yet warlocks haven't been out of the top 5 at the very least since the start of the xpac.
    I explained why.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by wushootaki View Post
    Sad...they finally redid caster animations and had a chance to actually incorporate WEAPONS into the caster animations. Yet they still opted not to. The new animations are cool and all, but it'd have been neat to see the actual weapons become involved in caster animations rather than forever being stat sticks.
    What's with this obsession over casters using their weapons to cast? You want something like that, pick up a Death Knight. We're not melee and our weapons should only ever be stat sticks.

I explained why.

- - - Updated - - -

What's with this obsession over casters using their weapons to cast? You want something like that, pick up a Death Knight. We're not melee and our weapons should only ever be stat sticks.
    Gandalf uses his staff when casting spells and he looks like a BAMF. Aside from literally being a stat stick, what is the aesthetic reason for the weapons to just sit around and do nothing?

Slam a staff into the ground for an AoE. Read a heal from a tome, or charge it through an off-hand and unleash it. All of these would add uniqueness to the game, and give these items something to actually do.

Cause you know, we can't have things that do nothing in game *Cough*Pet Battles*Cough*
    Quote Originally Posted by Zaelthon
    do i wanting my cat come the expansion due to signifying a reroll fresh scratch the night elf mage?

Quote Originally Posted by wushootaki View Post
    Gandalf uses his staff when casting spells and he looks like a BAMF. Aside from literally being a stat stick, what is the aesthetic reason for the weapons to just sit around and do nothing?

Slam a staff into the ground for an AoE. Read a heal from a tome, or charge it through an off-hand and unleash it. All of these would add uniqueness to the game, and give these items something to actually do.

Cause you know, we can't have things that do nothing in game *Cough*Pet Battles*Cough*
    You're trying to use Gandalf as an example but what you fail to realize is that he comes from a world with low magic. He spent virtually no time at all casting spells of any sort and while the scene with the Balrog was neat, it's a terrible basis for an argument as to why we should be using our weapons to cast spells. There isn't a reason nor does there need to be one. In fact, most games I have played the spellcasters never use their weapon as a conduit for their spells, it's almost always a "stat stick".

Quote Originally Posted by Mush View Post
    Warlocks were garbage in EN, and middle of the pack at best in NH (until 7.2 when they broke aff which was after progression).

----

You guys member when they took most of the iconic warlock animations at handed them out to everyone else when this xpack started, reverted the only affliction animation to the vanilla version instead of the WoD one, and then put us last in line to get animation updates? I member.

Quote Originally Posted by Keltas View Post
    Warlocks were garbage in EN, and middle of the pack at best in NH (until 7.2 when they broke aff which was after progression).
    So we just ignoring facts now?

Nyth - top 5 (#1 caster)
    Ilg - Middle of the pack
    Renferal - top 3 (#1 caster)
    Ursoc - top 5
    Dragons - #1 (#1 caster)
    Cenarius - top 3
    Xavius - top 3

As for NH top tier progression is a meaningless metric, it's all about class stacking.
    Last edited by deadman1; 2017-08-18 at 09:12 PM.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Makorus View Post
    I find it really odd that they placed ghouls in the order halls instead of something like training dummies.
    They only placed ghouls in the DK one, and that makes sense.
    Demons in the warlock and demon hunter one.
    all theo thers use training dummies (from what i know)
    Quote Originally Posted by Varodoc View Post
    My ideas are objectively good