Page 5 of 13 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Can anyone confirm whether there has ever been a gap without any activity like there is in the WoW schedule between 11 and 12?

Looks doubtful that they'd announce it if it wasn't already planned. Just curious if anyone remembers if Legion announce was kept a surprise at Gamescom? Not the title and content, but I mean the fact they were going to announce an expansion at all
    Quote Originally Posted by Teriz View Post
    "Real" Demon Hunters don't work as a class in modern WoW
    Quote Originally Posted by Talen View Post
    Please point out to me the player Demon Hunter who has Meta.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by thilicen View Post
    The thread's title is "Next WoW expansion revealed at Gamescon"

So I'm asking what expansion was, in fact, revealed

10+ Year Old Account
    I work in the gaming industry and can assure you right now there will not be a WoW expansion reveal at Gamescom. Blizzon, absolutely, but not Gamescom.

Now before people jump to conclusions, yes I have worked with Blizzard to a certain extent in the past before but nothing major to where I know their super secret stuff or anything of that sort. To be blunt, it's more of a media/press business relationship than anything else. Nothing internal, or high level friends inside the company.

The 1 hour reveal cinematic ceremony refers to WoW 7.3 stuff, Overwatch Cinematic Reveal as well. Maybe some other stuff that we haven't been made aware off yet. Normally Expansion reveals go for longer than 1 hour with a dedicated seperate expansion panel which is not the case here at all. All this is just content previews for each of their games that are coming in the near future just like it implies in their schedule. This content will be available somewhere between now and Blizzcon.

Keep your hype in check, because you will be severely disappointed if you don't if you're expecting something huge.

P.S. If the mod needs proof I work in the industry please feel free to PM for my credentials. Thank you.
    Last edited by Northelim; 2017-08-17 at 07:19 PM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Nupomaniac View Post
    - 7.3 will launch shortly after gamescon which makes a silly to announce xpac
    why?
    Are you realy that simple that you DONT understand marketing?
    who cares to subscribe for 7.3 when they show the next xpac which launches end of 2018?
    thats like releasing a Harry Potter 23 just now and only advertise Harry Potter 24....

Quote Originally Posted by Fummockelchen View Post
    Are you realy that simple that you DONT understand marketing?
    who cares to subscribe for 7.3 when they show the next xpac which launches end of 2018?
    thats like releasing a Harry Potter 23 just now and only advertise Harry Potter 24....
    Because they've done expansion reveals right before a big patch many times in the past.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Divinexve View Post
    But thats kinda unfair to the people that already know everything about .3 and .3.5, while an xpac teaser would benefit everybody.
    Not knowing something is often more comfortable than knowing it.

10+ Year Old Account
    I've edited the thread title to make it less misleading.
    "...money's most powerful ability is to allow bad people to continue doing bad things at the expense of those who don't have it."

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by TheramoreIsTheBomb View Post
    Is it too early?
    can we get some more clickbaits with the nice underwater login screen? ^^

Quote Originally Posted by MoanaLisa View Post
    I've edited the thread title to make it less misleading.
    Why not just lock the thread since the question has been answered, and the answer is no.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Anduin Menethil View Post
    They announced Cataclysm at Blizzcon 2009 when Icecrown Citadel wasn't even out yet and we didn't know the ending of it
    Sorry but everyone and his mom knew how ICC would gonna end

Quote Originally Posted by Coffeh View Post
    Why not just lock the thread since the question has been answered, and the answer is no.
    Answered by whom exactly?
    "You know you that bitch when you cause all this conversation."

Quote Originally Posted by TheramoreIsTheBomb View Post
    Is it too early?
    Source??? . . .

Quote Originally Posted by Deventh View Post
    Source??? . . .
    Me.
    /10chars

7.3 isn't even out yet. They'll announce the next expansion on Blizzcon 2017.

Probably not, they'll probably talk about 7.3, show the cinematic, and at most talk about some class changes coming in 7.3.5

And lets not forget they're going to attempt to justify their horrible Netherlight Crucible system.

Quote Originally Posted by Zyky View Post
    Probably not, they'll probably talk about 7.3, show the cinematic, and at most talk about some class changes coming in 7.3.5

And lets not forget they're going to attempt to justify their horrible Netherlight Crucible system.
    Perhaps the cinematics will be of WoW expansion quality since Terran is hyping it so much.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by therealbowser View Post
    This seems about right. Still, they could be keeping some secret event to themselves. They only need overnight notice that something is up if they want to play cute with this. I don't expect that but there's always a chance. The schedule as published doesn't show an expansion announcement in the works.
    "...money's most powerful ability is to allow bad people to continue doing bad things at the expense of those who don't have it."

Quote Originally Posted by therealbowser View Post

WotLK was announced way before Zul'aman and Sunwell were out.
    Cata was announced way before Icecrown Citadel was out.
    MoP was announced before Dragon Soul was out.

Elemental Lord
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by effs View Post
    Tbf a surprise reveal would hype the hell out of everyone. Nothing more exciting about WoW than that tbh.
    I think official confirmation would gather more people on stream - so lack of it makes 8.0 reveal unlikely. On the other hand:

a) they already called it: "reveal panel", so it will gather huge amount of people anyway

b) if they would annouce reveal, later when they would show Overwatch/WoW new cinematics, all chats would be spamed with: "enough with this crap, show us new expac already!"

I'm not sure what they will reveal next week, but I believe it will be something big. I'll just wait and see. Anyone that claim anything is 100% confimed act stupid now.