Page 1 of 4
... LastLast

Frozen Throne Jade Druid

How are your games going against Jade Druid? This deck seems ridiculously powerful in throne. The anti jade druid 6 mana geist card is not helping in most of my games either since IF i get to it in my deck its usually too late. Rank 10-8 so far every 3rd game is druid and i have maybe a 10% win rate, and that is if its a token druid who doesn't draw lucky on me.

How are you guys countering Jade with the new insane 10 mana card that replenishes their deck summons a 5/5 and does 5 damage.

Deleted
    I dont counter i pretty much Always loose against jades, its either i make my deck uber late game for jades or i loose against aggro. And jades in general can die in fire >.> i hate it more then prenerf undertaker from naxx.
    Last edited by mmocc56b999c4f; 2017-08-17 at 06:42 PM.

I am not asking for a nerf to Jade druid, it is obviously strong right now and early on in the xpac to come to a conclusion. I am curious what decks people are playing that see success against them.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by caballitomalo View Post
    I made one? XD

Jade durids are too strong atm if you ask me but the meta is too green still. Let it settle a bit more before we can all join the "nerf dat yeid durid!" chant.
    but its been pretty much al jades since day 2/3 heck i saw alot of jades even on day 1 of the expansion. Jades shouldve just been a fixed minion like 3/3 or so, or cap at like 6/6 or so.

Slow greedy control decks will have a hard time unless they put in Geist and try to beat them by having better threats and removal. The alternative is to play faster decks that can beat them down before they get to the point where they can throw down large jades every turn.

Jade druids are strong, but they seem particularly strong because people play unrefined or greedy decks a lot. At higher ranks, I believe quicker decks are already more popular than jade (based on this https://hsreplay.net/decks/trending/).
    Last edited by Arrowstormen; 2017-08-17 at 06:57 PM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Arrowstormen View Post
    Slow greedy control decks will have a hard time unless they put in Geist and try to beat them by having better threats and removal. The alternative is to play faster decks that can beat them down before they get to the point where they can throw down large jades every turn.

Jade druids are strong, but they seem particularly strong because people play unrefined or greedy decks a lot. At higher ranks, I believe quicker decks are already more popular than jade (based on this https://hsreplay.net/decks/trending/).
    geist you need to get pretty much on turn 6 else by time you play it the more jades theyve already gotten and youl get crushed.
    I only play control decks, i get no fun out of fast face decks(only yime i play fast deck is when got quest to play alot of cheap stuff) like pirate warrior or decks like elvolve shaman.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by caballitomalo View Post
    I still think is too soon to gather the mob. Are you laddering by any chance? In non ladder games Ive seen plenty of different decks. If you ask me, OTK "I´ll draw ny entire deck then kill you and you cant kill me because of ice block" mages are worse.

Ladder its a very different thing and people will usually stick with consistent decks like jade druid. But then if something more viable comes along they will change.

It seems to me HS´s meta is an eternal rotation of heavy control and fast agro. I still prefer fast agro metas because you get things done much quicker. Control mages and warriors drag thing out way too much. Ramp decks are nicer middle ground though.
    i play ladder mostly currently at 0stars rank 15 after coming all way back down from 13 2stars, it was all jades or some super aggro deck that killed me before i even had chance to do anything against it. still i find it stupid the jades cant pretty much grow for ever.

If you're playing a control deck that can't beat fast aggro decks (which besides Pirate warrior, isn't super fast), and you can't beat jade druids, then maybe your control deck isn't very good for the meta you're in. I've climbed to rank 9 on EU with my midrange hunter, and I didn't meet anything faster than token/evolve shaman, seems like all the pirate warriors have already mowed down the greedy control decks on their way to rank 5 - legend.

What's your decklist like?

Deleted
    If you're playing a control deck that can't beat fast aggro decks (which besides Pirate warrior, isn't super fast), and you can't beat jade druids, then maybe your control deck isn't very good for the meta you're in. I've climbed to rank 9 on EU with my midrange hunter, and I didn't meet anything faster than token/evolve shaman, seems like all the pirate warriors have already mowed down the greedy control decks on their way to rank 5 - legend.

What's your decklist like?
    This are my deck lists for the classes i play. If you spot some bad cards/synergies pls tell me.
    Rogue:
    # 1x (1) Mistress of Mixtures
    # 2x (2) Eviscerate
    # 1x (2) Sap
    # 2x (2) Undercity Huckster
    # 1x (3) Deathlord
    # 1x (3) Edwin VanCleef
    # 2x (3) Shadow Strike
    # 2x (3) Unearthed Raptor
    # 1x (4) Master of Disguise
    # 2x (4) Piloted Shredder
    # 1x (4) Tomb Pillager
    # 1x (5) Elise the Trailblazer
    # 1x (5) Lotus Assassin
    # 2x (5) Shadowcaster
    # 2x (5) Sludge Belcher
    # 1x (6) Bone Drake
    # 1x (6) Sylvanas Windrunner
    # 1x (6) Thistle Tea
    # 2x (6) Vanish
    # 1x (8) The Lich King
    # 1x (9) Valeera the Hollow
    # 1x (10) N'Zoth, the Corruptor

Palladin:
    # 2x (1) Righteous Protector
    # 2x (2) Equality
    # 2x (2) Shielded Minibot
    # 2x (2) Wild Pyromancer
    # 1x (3) Aldor Peacekeeper
    # 1x (3) Gluttonous Ooze
    # 2x (3) Stonehill Defender
    # 2x (4) Chillblade Champion
    # 2x (4) Consecration
    # 2x (4) Corpsetaker
    # 2x (4) Piloted Shredder
    # 1x (5) Bolvar, Fireblood
    # 1x (5) Elise the Trailblazer
    # 1x (6) Blackguard
    # 2x (6) Spikeridged Steed
    # 1x (8) Ragnaros, Lightlord
    # 1x (8) Tirion Fordring
    # 1x (9) Uther of the Ebon Blade
    # 1x (10) N'Zoth, the Corruptor

Druid:
    # 1x (1) Earthen Scales
    # 2x (1) Enchanted Raven
    # 2x (2) Druid of the Swarm
    # 2x (2) Wild Growth
    # 2x (2) Wrath
    # 1x (3) Acolyte of Pain
    # 1x (3) Celestial Dreamer
    # 2x (3) Crypt Lord
    # 2x (3) Stonehill Defender
    # 2x (4) Swipe
    # 2x (4) Twilight Drake
    # 2x (5) Druid of the Claw
    # 2x (5) Spreading Plague
    # 2x (6) Moonglade Portal
    # 1x (7) Malfurion the Pestilent
    # 1x (8) Kel'Thuzad
    # 1x (8) The Lich King
    # 1x (10) Ultimate Infestation

Mage:
    # 1x (1) Breath of Sindragosa
    # 1x (2) Flame Geyser
    # 2x (2) Frostbolt
    # 1x (2) Ice Walker
    # 1x (2) Shimmering Tempest
    # 2x (3) Arcane Intellect
    # 2x (3) Coldwraith
    # 1x (3) Counterspell
    # 1x (3) Frost Nova
    # 1x (3) Volcanic Potion
    # 1x (4) Fireball
    # 2x (4) Polymorph
    # 2x (4) Steam Surger
    # 2x (4) Water Elemental
    # 2x (5) Servant of Kalimos
    # 1x (6) Blizzard
    # 1x (7) Blazecaller
    # 1x (7) Firelands Portal
    # 1x (7) Flamestrike
    # 1x (8) Sindragosa
    # 1x (8) The Lich King
    # 1x (9) Frost Lich Jaina

Warlock:
    # 2x (1) Voidwalker
    # 2x (2) Defile
    # 2x (2) Drain Soul
    # 2x (2) Tainted Zealot
    # 1x (3) Gluttonous Ooze
    # 2x (3) Shadow Bolt
    # 2x (4) Hellfire
    # 2x (4) Twilight Drake
    # 2x (4) Voidcaller
    # 1x (5) Antique Healbot
    # 2x (5) Despicable Dreadlord
    # 1x (5) Doomguard
    # 1x (5) Tar Lurker
    # 1x (6) Dread Infernal
    # 2x (6) Siphon Soul
    # 2x (7) Abyssal Enforcer
    # 1x (8) The Lich King
    # 1x (8) Twisting Nether
    # 1x (10) Bloodreaver Gul'dan
    Last edited by mmocc56b999c4f; 2017-08-17 at 07:55 PM.

Oh, you're talking about wild. Kind of important to mention.

I don't know much about wild sorry. Slightly surprised jade decks are everywhere in wild.

Deleted
    Oh, you're talking about wild. Kind of important to mention.

I don't know much about wild sorry. Slightly surprised jade decks are everywhere in wild.
    Well i only play wild, but anyway do you see something wrong in general with the decks ? like to much high mana cards or so?

I guess i should have mentioned Standard in the thread title, since this pertains to that and not Wild because Wild balance isn't really a thing.

The tools jade gets from Frozen throne make it really strong namely Ultimate Infestation and Spreading Plague. Add into the mix The Lich King (obviously anyone can use this) and the Druid DK card (which is actually decent for Jade) and its like a Jade Druid dream expansion.

I am playing Raza Anduin and its really fun, this is the most fun i have had in HS in a long long time. But 22% of my 61 games have been against druid sub rank 10 and they account for half of all my losses. Not all of those were Jade Druid but a large majority.

The only time i win is when i get skulking geist early enough that i can stagnate card draws from auctioneer and i typically win after they exhaust.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by jearle View Post
    I guess i should have mentioned Standard in the thread title, since this pertains to that and not Wild because Wild balance isn't really a thing.

The tools jade gets from Frozen throne make it really strong namely Ultimate Infestation and Spreading Plague. Add into the mix The Lich King (obviously anyone can use this) and the Druid DK card (which is actually decent for Jade) and its like a Jade Druid dream expansion.

I am playing Raza Anduin and its really fun, this is the most fun i have had in HS in a long long time. But 22% of my 61 games have been against druid sub rank 10 and they account for half of all my losses.
    if you play wild or standard jade druid is still not any fun to play against.

Quote Originally Posted by Cysia View Post
    Well i only play wild, but anyway do you see something wrong in general with the decks ? like to much high mana cards or so?
    I don't play a ton of wild, so I don't know the details, but in general if you play a deck and you keep losing with it, you should try to analyse why you lose. If you lose against aggro in the early game with your paladin, is it because you don't have enough card draw? The cards you have cost too much? You can't remove their threats because you don't have a ton of weapons besides the ones you get from the DK and Tirion late game? Stuff like that.

Deleted
    I don't play a ton of wild, so I don't know the details, but in general if you play a deck and you keep losing with it, you should try to analyse why you lose. If you lose against aggro in the early game with your paladin, is it because you don't have enough card draw? The cards you have cost too much? You can't remove their threats because you don't have a ton of weapons besides the ones you get from the DK and Tirion late game? Stuff like that.
    my palladin deck is the only one i usaly dont struggle with against aggron for my warlock its usaly cause i dont draw defile or hellfire or abyssal and they got can get a huge board, and due being warlock i take more dmg already due hero power. Druid i havent played much yet.

Quote Originally Posted by Cysia View Post
    my palladin deck is the only one i usaly dont struggle with against aggron for my warlock its usaly cause i dont draw defile or hellfire or abyssal and they got can get a huge board, and due being warlock i take more dmg already due hero power. Druid i havent played much yet.
    Why Shadowbolt over, say, Darkbomb?

If you face a lot of aggro, you might also want to throw in some early taunt minions like Tar Creeper.

EDIT: Demonwrath or Shadowflame are also good board clear options that doesn't burn your own face.
    Last edited by Arrowstormen; 2017-08-17 at 08:48 PM.

Deleted
    Spreading Plague destroys both my decks, unwinnable if that comes out.

I think they are going to nerf malfurion DK card from 7 mana to help with this. Or possibly the Ultimate infestation card. Just had that one played on me on round 4.

Jade is some extra gay shit. I can't stand it. All they need is their ramp and it's virtually over. And now with the KFT cards the deck is even stronger, with more reach. If I could remove one archetype from the game, it'd no doubt be Jade.

I think there's a pretty high chance that Blizzard is going to reduce the cost of Skulking Giest to counter this. Like maybe reduce its stats and make it a 5 drop instead of a six. Knock out those Jade Idols, and the Jade deck isn't nearly as strong.

Pirate and other aggro decks is pretty dead now with all the anti aggro cards introduced with the expac..