Quote Originally Posted by Marlamin View Post
    The thing I liked about last BlizzCon is that they had more time to go in-depth on things we already knew about instead of introducing everything again.

Also, the WoWEdit panel was fucking incredible for people like me. Hopefully they'll stream it this year.
    Hate the way they can cover wall to wall competitive play but couldn't find an hour on a streamed stage for stuff like that.

The thing I liked about last BlizzCon is that they had more time to go in-depth on things we already knew about instead of introducing everything again.

Also, the WoWEdit panel was fucking incredible for people like me. Hopefully they'll stream it this year.
    I liked the darkmoon faire one, especially when they had the server and system guys on.
    Crimea is Ukraine!

Quote Originally Posted by Drekmar View Post
    I liked the darkmoon faire one, especially when they had the server and system guys on.
    Yeah, that was a great one too.

WoW Engineering panel
    Blizzard Engineering panel

One thing i want to see at gamescon is what the hell is going to happen with our weapons and how exactly we can obtain the transmogs.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Deldramar View Post
    So, I haven't kept up for like the last 30 pages... is Blizzcon actually confirmed now?
    pretty much, no sign of expansion on the schedule.

So, I haven't kept up for like the last 30 pages... is Blizzcon actually confirmed now?
    No evident sign of expansion announcement on the schedule bud! But if they're going for a surprise reveal, well we won't know until Gamescom.

A surprise reveal would be cool. I wouldn't even mind a 7.4 or something, I'd just hate to sit through a stream that was entirely information we already know.
    Same, I'd be fine with anything that isn't 7.3(.5). And people keep saying players don't follow up with datamining, but through many other websites (for example Mamytwink and Judgehype for the french ones), they do. It's not a minority of players knowing what 7.3 is going to be about, it's at least a strong half if not more. So if Blizzard only talks about 7.3, it will unevitably appear a bit dull to many. Don't get me wrong I'm excited for 7.3, but eh, this is Gamescom.

Wondering if the stream is worth watching...
    If you're interested in any other Blizzard game than WoW, especially Overwatch, HOTS, SCII: co-op, I'd say that there will be something nice for you to watch And if not, heck, they might drop a nice 7.3 trailer and release date, so there's always something

Quote Originally Posted by Drekmar View Post
    They've been doing some silly thing as of lately.
    Like what? I rarely go to wowhead but whenever I hear from it, it's something shady.

Quote Originally Posted by JainaKulTirasGamescom View Post
    Just trust me on this. I argued for the Legion reveal at Gamescom 2015 (Mojo Risin), and nobody believed me. I was right.
    Where? Kinda hard to find the post.

Deleted
    Nothing has been confirmed either way. Some people feel dejected by the lack of an obvious expansion reference in the marketing material Blizzard has published about Gamescom. One or two negative people started saying "ok, guess it's BlizzCon then", and shortly after everybody started parroting that with no good reason. So the general consensus now is that there won't be an announcement at Gamescom, despite the glaring fact that Blizzard has a huge 1h 15m presentation called "Blizzard Reveal Ceremony" with nothing to announce except for an Overwatch animated short and the 7.3 trailer.

So to answer your question: 8.0 could still happen at Gamescom, but most people in this thread will tell you it can't because reasons.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Explicit Teemo Nudes View Post
    Where? Kinda hard to find the post.
    Idk, try searching for Gamescom threads from July 2015.

Absolutely. Having that deeper dive without the initial shock of hype was great, it made everything make more sense and gave it context.

Another benefit to having had it announced at GamesCom was that the alpha then followed I think literally weeks after BlizzCon. But if the expansion simply isn't in a state where that is feasible, we could be looking at a very, very far off release. Sometime in Fall 2018, even.

Can't say I'm looking forward to 14 months of Antorus.

Quote Originally Posted by JainaKulTirasGamescom View Post
    Nothing has been confirmed either way. Some people feel dejected by the lack of an obvious expansion reference in the marketing material Blizzard has published about Gamescom. One or two negative people started saying "ok, guess it's BlizzCon then", and shortly after everybody started parroting that with no good reason. So the general consensus now is that there won't be an announcement at Gamescom, despite the glaring fact that Blizzard has a huge 1h 15m presentation called "Blizzard Reveal Ceremony" with nothing to announce except for an Overwatch animated short and the 7.3 trailer.

So to answer your question: 8.0 could still happen at Gamescom, but most people in this thread will tell you it can't because reasons.

- - - Updated - - -

Idk, try searching for Gamescom threads from July 2015.

Also the world reveal implies its something we dont know. I only see that as being war3 remaster or overwatch stuff or possibly the new exp. We already know whats in 7.3 so "revealing" it sounds weird.

7+ Year Old Account
    Alllll aboard the blizzcon hype train of Diablo 4, WoW's Next Expansion, and a new IP making it Blizzard's biggest blizzcon yet!

So we have either

a huge content drought
    an expansion released relatively quick after blizzcon

they could POSSIBLY do a tiny teaser of the xpac at gamescom but its not really their style to do that. super doubtful.

is 7.4 much of a possibility? Feel like the story wrapped up pretty well in 7.3 not sure what they would even do just figured a lot of people have mentioned 7.4 for some reason. I would think it wouldn't come out but i also don't want such a long content drought between 7.3 and xpac.

Thanks for that video link, Marlamin, haven't seen it before, really interesting. Wish they would do more dev stuff. Really surprised that vertex color on landscape took them so long to implement.

Quote Originally Posted by enak101 View Post
    So we have either

a huge content drought

they could POSSIBLY do a tiny teaser of the xpac at gamescom but its not really their style to do that. super doubtful.

is 7.4 much of a possibility? Feel like the story wrapped up pretty well in 7.3 not sure what they would even do just figured a lot of people have mentioned 7.4 for some reason. I would think it wouldn't come out but i also don't want such a long content drought between 7.3 and xpac.

first part only.

10+ Year Old Account
    I think there's going to be a moderate gap between expansions no matter when Blizzard announces X7.
    #TeamLegion #UnderEarthofAzerothexpansion plz #Arathor4Alliance #TeamNoBlueHorde

Warrior-Magi

Quote Originally Posted by Ganker View Post
    Okay let's imagine something for a moment. Let's say there is going to be an expansion reveal at Gamescom. The problem is... they have one big panel there so they would have to reveal a 7.3 patch trailer and then follow it up with an expansion trailer.

So what if... they show us a like a 5 minutes trailer, where 4 minutes are focued on patch 7.3 - on our travel to Argus, on our fight with Legion but the last minute of trailer shows something like this - while our champions fight on Argus, darkness has overcome Azeroth! And they literally just show us a little sneak peek of a new expansion.

Wouldn't that be cool?
    I honestly prefer nothing over a tiny sneak peak. When it is announced I want it to be exactly that, properly presented and explained.

Quote Originally Posted by enak101 View Post
    So we have either

a huge content drought

Even if they brought out the alpha almost immediately after BlizzCon like they did with Legion, the expansion still wouldn't release until August/September 2018.

So 7.3 will last _at least_ 12 months regardless.

Unfortunately, without an announcement at GamesCom, we could be looking at another 14 months like HFC and SoO.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ganker View Post
    Okay let's imagine something for a moment. Let's say there is going to be an expansion reveal at Gamescom. The problem is... they have one big panel there so they would have to reveal a 7.3 patch trailer and then follow it up with an expansion trailer.

So what if... they show us a like a 5 minutes trailer, where 4 minutes are focued on patch 7.3 - on our travel to Argus, on our fight with Legion but the last minute of trailer shows something like this - while our champions fight on Argus, darkness has overcome Azeroth! And they literally just show us a little sneak peek of a new expansion.

Wouldn't that be cool?
    Was already taken in consideration some pages ago... a glimpse of what comes next, that could be an hypothetical 7.4 patch or just a hint about 8.0. So Blizzard can let us 2 months of speculations based on a tiny hint... like the Jaina key art.

The key, to me, is how important is the patch 7.3 for them... if they speak about 8.0, no one cares anymore about patch 7.3. If they want to value the patch 7.3 they will say nothing about 8.0.
    Argus in 2018 My prediction failed in part... But I'm still a Spacegoat