Quote Originally Posted by Faroth View Post
    It doesn't talk about playing with their daughter.
    It doesn't talk about what they've done together.
    It's not talking about getting through the Primals together.

It says "My 12 year old hit 70 last week and in 1 week she has her Primal EX weapons and every Primal EX accessory and knows everyone else sucks. She wants me to install ACT so she knows how bad they suck. Because she didn't believe me when I said how bad they suck."
    It's true that it doesn't and maybe my subconscious brain filled in the blanks, but I have to ASSUME that they do play together frequently. While the post doesn't specifically state it, I'd be very surprised if it wasn't true, and honestly a lot less excited over the point.

Quote Originally Posted by Faroth View Post
    I'm not saying it's impossible that a 12 year old is playing the game with their parent and doing good. That's certainly possible. But you're acting like it's the greatest post because it's positive in that regard. You know that's not what the post is about. Judging from the way it's written, it's in a thread about how bad players are.
    So I just went back and look at the specific reddit thead: Here: https://www.reddit.com/r/ffxiv/comme...ove_susano_ex/

You're definitely right (I read a lot of these and some blur together, specifically when they have misleading titles) that it's a playerbase bashing post. That said, I'm still not focusing on the bashing piece. I just like the idea, call me even a tiny bit jealous (especially of people who met S/Os on the game I sometimes wish I had that) I've made a few lasting IRL friendships off of it, but not relationships and I obvi don't have kids so that's a no go. You can definitely see some truth in the post because a 12 y/o is very easily impressionable. That means she hears her dad complaining (and I looked over the post history to confirm) and emulates it which leans towards some semblance of truth.

However, that's not what I am interested in. I am interested in the fact that it happens (and I know it does, didn't SQEX even run a commercial on a kid surprising his dad)? That stuff is neat to me.

What can I say, discussion overall (here and reddit) has been a little stale lately (typical for this time after an expac drops, all content is consumed, and we don't know what's coming next so no speculation).

Quote Originally Posted by Kazela View Post
    Kids can definitely play games and play them well. I don't doubt that at all. My skepticism set in with that particular comment as soon as they said the kid was wanting to have ACT installed to see how bad people are.
    I assume it's merely an emulation. Dad how do you know these people are bad? I know they're bad because I run a program that shows me. Ohh shiny I want that too.

That's my assumption. It fits for sure IMO. The way it was written suggests that to me.

Again, try to key in on the fact that I'm just jealous I have no one to play with haha, not the playerbase skill. Although I did finally get my brother to redownload the game (since the girl he likes is playing it too -_-), but hell I'll take it. He's working on leveling his NIN to 50, then picking up the MSQ from there out.

Quote Originally Posted by Wrecktangle View Post
    However, that's not what I am interested in. I am interested in the fact that it happens (and I know it does, didn't SQEX even run a commercial on a kid surprising his dad)? That stuff is neat to me.
    Yes, Original blog series: Father of Light.

https://transnoteblog.wordpress.com/...s-translation/

They're about 1/3 through translated the original blog to English. The screenshots bring it all together to be truly great.

Quote Originally Posted by Bovinity Divinity View Post
    Everything on the internet is a lie. Even that statement. And that last one.
    In other words, the internet should be referred to as Zozo.

Quote Originally Posted by Kazela View Post
    In other words, the internet should be referred to as Zozo.
    Zozo? Never heard of it.

For real though, they would make my day if they add a Zozo-esque town/dungeon and "Slam Shuffle" to the Orchestrion.

So, my brother hopped in his duty roulette today for leveling. He got Sastasha. I had just got home on lunch, so I couldn't join. I sat down next to him just to hang out. I noticed the healer was literally just spamming medica. Over and over. Whole party is at 95-100% HP? Medica.

I told my brother to have him focus on his other healing spells, and use DPS spells when everyone is near max HP. I told him to put an XD at the end to make sure it couldn't be interpreted as bashing or offensive.

The good news is that the player did start using DPS spells and Cure, but then he let the tank die. It's clear this player was brand spanking new to MMOs/healing and needed a lot of coaching and care. The tank raged pretty hard and quit, and I hopped in and we finished it no problem helping the poor guy out. He didn't say thank you at the end or anything, but the satisfaction of knowing we hopefully helped him is good enough!

So, my brother hopped in his duty roulette today for leveling. He got Sastasha. I had just got home on lunch, so I couldn't join. I sat down next to him just to hang out. I noticed the healer was literally just spamming medica. Over and over. Whole party is at 95-100% HP? Medica.

I told my brother to have him focus on his other healing spells, and use DPS spells when everyone is near max HP. I told him to put an XD at the end to make sure it couldn't be interpreted as bashing or offensive.

The good news is that the player did start using DPS spells and Cure, but then he let the tank die. It's clear this player was brand spanking new to MMOs/healing and needed a lot of coaching and care. The tank raged pretty hard and quit, and I hopped in and we finished it no problem helping the poor guy out. He didn't say thank you at the end or anything, but the satisfaction of knowing we hopefully helped him is good enough!
    The sort of heroes we need to (continue to) be. Shame that tank left like that. I would've commed the healer (and not rage quit on them) were I the tank in that predicament.

Cure hits for like 50-60% of a tanks health in Sastasha, so with some further experience, hopefully that healer sees that and starts spending 90% of their time in that dungeon chucking rocks.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by The Casualty View Post
    Zozo? Never heard of it.

For real though, they would make my day if they add a Zozo-esque town/dungeon and "Slam Shuffle" to the Orchestrion.
    Zozo and some iteration of the Four Fiends from FF4 would be the only things I'd really like to see brought into this game from other FF games. Not that I'm opposed to more, but those two would tickle my nostalgia boner more than anything else.

Did spooky ghost ship island adventure dungeon as DRK and had the healer go "holy shit, its not a paladin, you do still exist!" are none PLD tanks getting that rare?

Quote Originally Posted by dope_danny View Post
    Did spooky ghost ship island adventure dungeon as DRK and had the healer go "holy shit, its not a paladin, you do still exist!" are none PLD tanks getting that rare?
    That's Flavor of the Month for you. Everyone rushed to PLD when it got buffed, same with AST, and RDM/SAM cos new and shiny, squee! We'll see what the next balance pass brings and how things change then.

Quote Originally Posted by lawow74 View Post
    That's Flavor of the Month for you. Everyone rushed to PLD when it got buffed, same with AST, and RDM/SAM cos new and shiny, squee! We'll see what the next balance pass brings and how things change then.
    This, as a player who started playing in Heavensward launch and picked PLD main and still am, I hate how I get lumped with the FotMs though. I've been playing it simply because I want to tank, and a tank must have a shield or it's not a tank in my book.

Quote Originally Posted by dope_danny View Post
    It's tough for me to quantify because I play a PLD lol. Whenever I do 8 man content though it's very rarely a 2nd PLD either by PF setup or DF tries to avoid it. I tend to see much more DRKs than WARs though.

Quote Originally Posted by lawow74 View Post
    I went back to PLD because of this:

and this:

You can't have SB give me things I always wanted a PLD to have all the way back when I first started in ARR and not expect me to switch lol.

Quote Originally Posted by Valaut View Post
    This, as a player who started playing in Heavensward launch and picked PLD main and still am, I hate how I get lumped with the FotMs though. I've been playing it simply because I want to tank, and a tank must have a shield or it's not a tank in my book.
    Lol, You'd hate me then, I have my shield glamoured off. If there was a way to have your sword be persistent and your shield only show when unsheathed I'd rock the Padjali one to kind of look like my character conjures a shield of white light only when she needs it. That's the way my D&D character always did it, so if i could emulate that I'd dig it.

Lol, You'd hate me then, I have my shield glamoured off. If there was a way to have your sword be persistent and your shield only show when unsheathed I'd rock the Padjali one to kind of look like my character conjures a shield of white light only when she needs it. That's the way my D&D character always did it, so if i could emulate that I'd dig it.
    NNNEEEEEEEERRRRRRRD!!!

(seriously, I wear the Dungeon Master title in-game cos I'm a big D&D fan, my char's last name actually means something in the Drow language)

10+ Year Old Account
    Woo - Palace of the Dead completed!

Spoiler: 

- - - Updated - - -

Just wish you could exchange Potsherds for Class Pumpkins/Firecrests instead of having to run it all over again.

Nice, congratulations!

10+ Year Old Account
    Congrats.
    The first time we cleared it it was down to the wire. Literally 1 minute left at the last sprint, lol.

Deleted
    I'm a little bit bored with the game right now.
    Content patch needed - soon.

As soon as I got the chest piece from O4, I did nothing other than my daily currency EXDR and the O4 clear for the weapon.
    Need some new Omega content, Trials and 4 man dungeons.. and a new alliance-LFR-raid would be great too
    Last edited by mmoc96d9238e4b; 2017-08-19 at 10:45 AM.

Yeah, I'm pretty eager for 4.1 as well. We should be getting more information about it very soon, though. As well as another seasonal event for the game's yearly anniversary.

On my end, I'm not bored of the game. I'm just struggling to find a consistent group of people to tackle the tougher content with. I can do a lot of it through the party finder but that lacks the social element that comes with raiding with the same individuals each week.

pretty much only logging in for static raiding and capping tomes myself. hopefully 4.1 has some long-lasting content with the new relics, etc.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by threadz View Post
    pretty much only logging in for static raiding and capping tomes myself. hopefully 4.1 has some long-lasting content with the new relics, etc.
    I'm currently going nuts with Factorio. Dear lord, haven't been this hooked on a game since my early days of WoW in 2007.
    I only log onto my cat to chat with friends and do the daily expert / starred GC turn ins.
    Last edited by Granyala; 2017-08-20 at 10:44 PM.

Definitely want some more content, but I'm still banging away at dailies and Hunts, as well as POTD for Tomestone cap and to aid in leveling my last caster job, RDM. So far BRD, MCH, the Healers, BLM and SMN are all 70. Started on DRK, will finish RDM when I have DRK in an optimal spot to support the next job(I get them to 66 so they can handle easily all the higher Hunts the lower job can't each day so I don't waste XP).

Gatherers are done and I'm working on the crafters, all 65/66 from leves/GC turn-ins/Challenge Log.

welp nothing like gettin "bullied" in a deltascape run just because the mt tank got his fefes hurt when i stole his agroo as an ot...

first he and his friends accuse me of provoking the boss (in both deltascape 1 and 2), then they state that i was in tank stance from the starts and thats why i stole agroo and that (at that point i as oficialy mting) i was a shitty tank because i didn't switch to dps stance while mting and that my supposedly 2k dps was bad... was even worse in deltascape 2 cause 1 of the healers would just dps and and the other one kept pulling me into shit so that i would die... i took agroo from him there again and even after i died and got petrified twice (was typing in chat) i almost again stole agroo from that guy...

jesus efin christ man...
    someone else might have gotten it wrong.