Do not use spoiler tags in this thread, going to be lenient since it hasn't been stated in a while by a mod as far as I know. Any further tags in this thread will result in infractions.

Quote Originally Posted by Skandulous View Post
    For ppl bitching about raven time travel read this.
    https://www.reddit.com/r/freefolk/co..._would_take_a/

The NK isnt Bran we know who the NK is because we saw Leaf create him from one of the First men thousands of years before Bran was born.
    Ravens traveling at the speed of the plot was a thing even in the books. It doesn't bother me.

But 4 days in one spot at freezing temperatures and with no visible supplies? How in the blazes did they survive, never mind being fit enough to fight an army. The comments on the Reddit post are right, surely there was a way to write this whole thing more elegantly, or make the mission in the first place less mind-numbingly stupid.

Quote Originally Posted by Jastall View Post
    Ravens traveling at the speed of the plot was a thing even in the books. It doesn't bother me.

But 4 days in one spot at freezing temperatures and with no visible supplies? How in the blazes did they survive, never mind being fit enough to fight an army. The comments on the Reddit post are right, surely there was a way to write this whole thing more elegantly, or make the mission in the first place less mind-numbingly stupid.
    One of the comments "Even simpler would be to insert a scene where Danny keeps doubting her decision to send Jon and others on the raid, finally her conscience forces her to fly North so she can help them. And when she gets to Eastwatch, that's when Gendry comes running, tells her the direction the rest are in and then she flies. Much more believable."

Easy fix like many different things they could have done. Its just bad writing and lazy, they just wanted the epic dragon flies in to save the day last minute moment

Question about the season finale for those who have read the leaks. Is it stated whether or not Jon hears the truth about who he is? I've heard that Sam and Bran discuss it but nothing more than that.

Quote Originally Posted by ohiostate124 View Post
    Question about the season finale for those who have read the leaks. Is it stated whether or not Jon hears the truth about who he is? I've heard that Sam and Bran discuss it but nothing more than that.
    Yes it is discussed

Quote Originally Posted by RobertoCarlos View Post
    One of the comments "Even simpler would be to insert a scene where Danny keeps doubting her decision to send Jon and others on the raid, finally her conscience forces her to fly North so she can help them. And when she gets to Eastwatch, that's when Gendry comes running, tells her the direction the rest are in and then she flies. Much more believable."

Easy fix like many different things they could have done. Its just bad writing and lazy, they just wanted the epic dragon flies in to save the day last minute moment
    Or just let Mellisandre have Dany look into the flames to realize the fellowship is in need of her help.

Quote Originally Posted by Kathranis View Post
    They've basically excised all subtely and subtext and are just getting to the "big moments"
    It is hard to say that because most of the subtle stuff doesn´t get revealed as important til much later. I still think the entire Greyworm ´romance´ is leading to something big like a betrayel. You also had Gilly mentioning the anulment which is probably going to lead to Sam suddenly putting 2 and 2 together and may ultimately be what leads to a Jon and Dany fallout when he realizes he is the rightful King of everything. The line that Cersi said to Jaime about ´never betray me again´.. the looks between Jon and Joran when they took turns hugging Dany.

After watching GRR Martin keep secret for 25 years about the meaning of Hodor, I gotta believe there are going to be a lot more ´ah, so that is why that happened 7 seasons ago´.. moments.

The show has made too many actors famous, they gotta hurry up and finish or they will be forced to recast major characters.

Quote Originally Posted by Azrile View Post

The show has made too many actors famous, they gotta hurry up and finish or they will be forced to recast major characters.
    Wouldnt be the first time. Already had 3 different actors for the mountain and 2 for daario. Speaking of Daario is he ever coming back or did Dany send him away forever

Quote Originally Posted by Prince Oberyn Martell View Post
    The distance between Eastwatch and Dragonstone is supposed to be roughly about the same distance between Finland and Italy.

It should've taken about 1,5 week for a raven to fly 2000 miles.

The show has been taking a lot of liberties with Telepetyring since season 5 already. It's not really something that super bothers me. Probably would make more sense if they had been stuck on that lake for a whole week instead of only a single night, might've made more sense with people dying from the cold and starvation.
    I am not sure I understand why people can´t grasp the idea that people do stuff while the camera is not on them, and that a week between episodes does not equal a week of time in westeros. Is it so hard to believe that a whole lot of boring stuff happens that we aren´t shown. Do we really need to see Gendry and Euron sailing...

On a side note, especially after the Night King's moment of channeling Arthas, this made me laugh:

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Helden View Post
    I love how Game of Thrones has hit that point where instead of people enjoying the show they'll just rip it to shreds instead.

Atleast we know it ends next season so you lot can go not enjoy watching something else.
    Not enjoy watching something else... Hahaha! I like that.

As for myself, I must say that episode was awesome, but boy! was it nonsensical. Gendry returning to the Wall, the raven being sent, then Dany flying North and finding the heroes in the nick of time in about 24 hours (at most) make no sense at all. But it was so entertaining that I don't even care (almost). I liked all the chit chat between the characters while they were searching for a wight.

I like where the Winterfell plot is going. LF is maybe not so inept afterall. He drove a wedge between Arya and Sansa (he wanted Arya to find the letter), and now he used psychology on Sansa to make her send Brienne away. The problem is that it seems so trivial compared to the fight beyond the Wall and the war between Cersei and Dany.
    "Je vous répondrai par la bouche de mes canons!"

15+ Year Old Account
    It is hard to say that because most of the subtle stuff doesn´t get revealed as important til much later. I still think the entire Greyworm ´romance´ is leading to something big like a betrayel. You also had Gilly mentioning the anulment which is probably going to lead to Sam suddenly putting 2 and 2 together and may ultimately be what leads to a Jon and Dany fallout when he realizes he is the rightful King of everything. The line that Cersi said to Jaime about ´never betray me again´.. the looks between Jon and Joran when they took turns hugging Dany.
    There's nothing subtle about the way they're dropping those hints, and there's certainly nothing subtle about how they refresh the audience's memories immediately before details become relevant again.

The show has gotten fairly predictable.

10+ Year Old Account
    There's nothing subtle about the way they're dropping those hints, and there's certainly nothing subtle about how they refresh the audience's memories immediately before details become relevant again.

The show has gotten fairly predictable.
    Of course, it's predictable. We only have 8 episodes left with far less plot lines to follow. So it becomes obvious where it's going.
    "Je vous répondrai par la bouche de mes canons!"

Quote Originally Posted by Frontenac View Post
    I like where the Winterfell plot is going. LF is maybe not so inept afterall. He drove a wedge between Arya and Sansa (he wanted Arya to find the letter), and now he used psychology on Sansa to make her send Brienne away. The problem is that it seems so trivial compared to the fight beyond the Wall and the war between Cersei and Dany.
    Yeah, the problem is that they raised the stakes so much with the literal Scourge 2.0 that the bickering and politicking between Arya, Sansa and LF just seems extremely petty in comparison. Plus I haven't read the leaks but I really don't see any way this ends other than LF getting shanked by Valyrian steel. There's only a 0.5% chance that Arya actually kills Sansa or vice versa. Either sister doing the deed would instantly turn viewers against her, especially if Sansa kills Arya.

Quote Originally Posted by RobertoCarlos View Post
    Wouldnt be the first time. Already had 3 different actors for the mountain and 2 for daario. Speaking of Daario is he ever coming back or did Dany send him away forever
    The mountain was a pretty minor character, only talked about until they settled on the final actor when he actually had real scenes. Dario had 1 or 2 scenes, then came back as a new actor the next season, and again, not a major character.

Now think Dany, Jon, Tyrion, Jaime or Cersi being recast after 7 seasons..

The mountain was a pretty minor character, only talked about until they settled on the final actor when he actually had real scenes. Dario had 1 or 2 scenes, then came back as a new actor the next season, and again, not a major character.

Now think Dany, Jon, Tyrion, Jaime or Cersi being recast after 7 seasons..
    It would be pretty jarring but if that was the reason they cut the show short i'd take on a roll of the dice to see what the show was like recast to continue instead of butchering the ending by rushing it.

15+ Year Old Account
    I am not sure I understand why people can´t grasp the idea that people do stuff while the camera is not on them, and that a week between episodes does not equal a week of time in westeros. Is it so hard to believe that a whole lot of boring stuff happens that we aren´t shown. Do we really need to see Gendry and Euron sailing...
    It's a major problem with the way the show is edited, and has become a bigger and bigger issue as the make bigger and bigger jumps in time.

They don't use any transitions, no fades or dissolves, and lately aren't even doing many establishing shots. The visual language of film has been using these techniques to convey the passage of time for decades, and Game of Thrones refuses to adopt them. You can't indiscriminately do hard cuts between every single scene in the show and expect the audience to have an instinctive understanding of how time has passed in the interim. They give a character walking from one room to another the same visual treatment as a character walking out of a room, then entering another room halfway across the continent three years later.

That the constant time jumping is universally disorienting to the audience, and has become moreso, is evidence enough of the problem.

Of course, it's predictable. We only have 8 episodes left with far less plot lines to follow. So it becomes obvious where it's going.
    yeah, it is still pretty crazy to think this is going to finish in like 8 hours of show.

15+ Year Old Account
    And yet the series' claim to fame is being unpredictable and defying expectation. Not telegraphing every plot point before it happens.

Being predictable is a complete undermining of the show's fundamental foundation.

If they really want to deliver on the promise of GoT, Jon will never learn of his heritage, Dany will fail to conquer Westeros, and the Night's King will be revealed to be not evil at all. Or at least something like that.

This whole thing has become good versus evil, super generic shit. If they don't fuck with the audience's expectations hard next season, I'll be incredibly disappointed. But I really doubt they'll have the balls to give everyone an unhappy ending.

That the constant time jumping is universally disorienting to the audience, and has become moreso, is evidence enough of the problem.
    But it has been like that since the first season. Robert and Ned getting to KL, LF getting his jetpack in season one. The show has always felt chaotic, but it isn´t so much the fault of the writers as much as the fact there were usually 10 different storylines going on at the same time with different characters bumping into each other. I cannot think of another show that had so many groups of people having important but seperate things going on at the same time. I cut them some slack because of the complexity of the story they are trying to tell in 16hrs a year (now 8).

Ok, help with something I missed. Near the end, a guy falls off the rocks and is torn apart. Who was that? Red shirt guy?