Page 51 of 54 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Didactic View Post
    Civil disobedience indeed. Thoreau would be proud.
    Please. They're only doing it because they know they were on camera without their masks for once. It's a desperate, cowardly, attempt to garner support for leniency.

I hope the books get thrown at them. Hard.
    O Flora, of the moon, of the dream. O Little ones, O fleeting will of the ancients. Let the hunter be safe. Let them find comfort. And let this dream, their captor, Foretell a pleasant awakening

Quote Originally Posted by kasuke06 View Post
    Please. They're only doing it because they know they were on camera without their masks for once. It's a desperate, cowardly, attempt to garner support for leniency.

I hope the books get thrown at them. Hard.
    They weren't wearing masks when they took down the statue either....

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Rhamses View Post
    They weren't wearing masks when they took down the statue either....
    Yes. that is the point. They weren't wearing masks, and filmed themselves committing a federal crime. They all know their respective geese are cooked and their only option is to sue for leniency, hence turning themselves in, because that makes it look like they show regret for their actions which can be leveraged to gain said leniency.
    O Flora, of the moon, of the dream. O Little ones, O fleeting will of the ancients. Let the hunter be safe. Let them find comfort. And let this dream, their captor, Foretell a pleasant awakening

Quote Originally Posted by kasuke06 View Post
    Yes. that is the point. They weren't wearing masks, and filmed themselves committing a federal crime. They all know their respective geese are cooked and their only option is to sue for leniency, hence turning themselves in, because that makes it look like they show regret for their actions which can be leveraged to gain said leniency.
    And you can definitely tell those people laughing, cheering and kicking the statue totally feel regret and aren't all scared shitless by a felony charge.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Dextroden View Post
    And you can definitely tell those people laughing, cheering and kicking the statue totally feel regret and aren't all scared shitless by a felony charge.
    Where does regret come into it?

Civil disobedience is philosophically acceptable as long as you're willing to own up to it and face the consequences. Which is what makes this protesters better than the alt-right garbage who have to be outed on the interwebs.
    Quote Originally Posted by Marjane Satrapi
    The world is not divided between East and West. You are American, I am Iranian, we don't know each other, but we talk and understand each other perfectly. The difference between you and your government is much bigger than the difference between you and me. And the difference between me and my government is much bigger than the difference between me and you. And our governments are very much the same.

10+ Year Old Account
    Vandalism is still vandalism.

Should the statues go down? If they are on public property at some civic building, I could care less. They are glorifying rebels after all...

If they are on private party or at some type of memorial then definitely not.

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Dextroden View Post
    Huh, the big line of scared little shits praying they can tug the judges heartstings shows they were simply too damn stupid to know the laws they were violating, which, BTW is not a viable legal defense.

Quote Originally Posted by Themius View Post
    So was renaming streets named after hitler destruction of historical shit too?
    Late response, but what the hell does this have to do with destroying a historical monument? This wasn't a Hitler statue, nor was it one of a KKK member or nazi soldier, it was a civil war soldier monument. It's just a monument to the worst war in American history. It's not honoring the Confederacy, it's noting the tragedy that was the civil war and the losses both sides took.

I get the feeling you're trying to make a strawman argument. Just don't.

10+ Year Old Account
    Обединени социалистически щати на Америка
    Now this is the kind of activism I like.

Quote Originally Posted by therealbowser View Post
    Late response, but what the hell does this have to do with destroying a historical monument? This wasn't a Hitler statue, nor was it one of a KKK member or nazi soldier, it was a civil war soldier monument. It's just a monument to the worst war in American history. It's not honoring the Confederacy, it's noting the tragedy that was the civil war and the losses both sides took.

I get the feeling you're trying to make a strawman argument. Just don't.

Oh you make no fucking sense majority of these were put up by specifically racist groups. Is my po My.

Are the leftists in California treasonous traitors like the Confederates were?
    Calexit III? New ballot measure plots another route to California independence
    http://www.sacbee.com/news/politics-...167823307.html

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Themius View Post
    Oh you make no fucking sense majority of these were put up by specifically racist groups. Is my po My.
    What racist groups put them up?

Quote Originally Posted by Rhamses View Post
    Update:

Hordes of people turn themselves in to police for taking down the statue:

https://mobile.twitter.com/celestehe...80488321544192
    I AM SPARTACUS!

Great showing. Got to love civil disobedience.

Quote Originally Posted by lockedout View Post
    Are the leftists in California treasonous traitors like the Confederates were?
    Calexit III? New ballot measure plots another route to California independence
    So you think taking up arms against your own countrymen is the same thing as a democratic ballot?

Last edited by mmocc02219cc8b; 2017-08-18 at 05:09 PM.
    “The biggest communication problem is we do not listen to understand. We listen to reply,” Stephen Covey.

Heard they are gonna persue Felony charges... Good on them Put these animals in jail for minimum 2 years each.... See if it was worth it to be a criminal now. and then GL getting a job above Mcdonalds with a Felony on your record. These antifa kids are gonna find out what the hammer feels like. Their lives are basically over once the felony charges hit.
    Last edited by Moshots; 2017-08-18 at 02:33 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Draco-Onis View Post
    So you think taking up arms against your own countrymen is the same thing as a democratic ballot?
    It didn't start as taking up arms..

Quote Originally Posted by Kangodo View Post
    People don't go to jail for two years for knocking over a statue.
    At worst they will get a "Don't do that again!"-speech.
    It's a felony, what happens in court is a different matter. Most likely down graded and a plea bargin.

Quote Originally Posted by lockedout View Post
    It didn't start as taking up arms..
    The definition of treason is pretty darn obvious and a ballot is nowhere near that let me know when they declare war on the US.

Quote Originally Posted by Kangodo View Post
    People don't go to jail for two years for knocking over a statue.
    At worst they will get a "Don't do that again!"-speech.
    Its a class 6 felony to destroy propert with over 1000 dollars in value.

Directly from the Virginia state lawbook For Class 6 felonies, a term of imprisonment of not less than one year nor more than five years, or in the discretion of the jury or the court trying the case without a jury, confinement in jail for not more than 12 months and a fine of not more than $2,500, either or both.

Still regardless a felony on your record is kiss every getting a job above being a gas station cashier or a laborer goodbye.