Page 9 of 13 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Knock it off with the Jaylock stuff. No more warnings. It's off-topic spam and will be infracted if there's any more of it.
    "...money's most powerful ability is to allow bad people to continue doing bad things at the expense of those who don't have it."

Not a chance, i'm sure they'll announce it on Blizzcon

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Flutterguy View Post
    Wasn't Pandaria announced with just a title at Gamescom with the full trailer at Blizzcon?
    I don't believe so.

Glad a mod finally stepped in and said something, but seriously some of you are being pretty viscous when no one has information that validates or invalidates anything. No one knows if they will or wont announce an expansions and everyone is going off of assumptions, nothing more. Just enjoy the ride of speculation instead of taking everything so serious to the point of having to attack others :S The answers will be made clear in less than a week anyway.
    #GarroshDidNothingWrong #TeamLightboundGarrosh
    #EXMVP

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by CosmicGuitars View Post
    This may be the single most insane proposal I've seen on here the last few weeks.

Release in january? Really?
    Yup, not going to happen. Antorus opens up after blizzcon, you won't see an expansion drop before May.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Northelim View Post
    I don't believe so.
    You're right, it was announced at Blizzcon 2011 by Metzen.

What's the point of this thread? We have a speculation thread that's official.

I honestly don't see what else there is to reveal than Junkertown, Overwatch cinematic and the 7.3 patch trailer. That shouldn't take 1 hour and 15 mins.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Myrok View Post
    What's the point of this thread? We have a speculation thread that's official.
    To set up people for disappointment when the expansion doesn't get announced at Blizzcon lol.

Quote Originally Posted by Narveid View Post
    I honestly don't see what else there is to reveal than Junkertown, Overwatch cinematic and the 7.3 patch trailer. That shouldn't take 1 hour and 15 mins.
    They used their entire time in 2015 for the Legion unveil. Talking about several games will easily fill their slot.

There's no expansion reveal at Gamescom. Just accept it.

Quote Originally Posted by Coffeh View Post
    They used their entire time in 2015 for the Legion unveil. Talking about several games will easily fill their slot.

I agree, I don't think there is an expansion reveal. I just don't see the point of a "reveal stream" when there's nothing big really happening.

The only game they even have confirmed as being "talked about" during Wednesday's events is Overwatch, primarily to premiere the new animated short. Only one other Wednesday stage mention is even present in their official rundown about it, and it sounds like something that probably doesn't take place during a "Blizzard Reveal Ceremony".

They're going to announce something new. Could be a new IP, could be the next WoW expansion. But an Overwatch animated short is not enough to warrant something called "Blizzard Reveal Ceremony" on its own.

I agree, I don't think there is an expansion reveal. I just don't see the point of a "reveal stream" when there's nothing big really happening.
    For all we know they could reveal a new IP or a remaster of some old game, or Warcraft 4 or whatever. An expansion reveal takes a good hour+, so we know it's not going to be that. That's about all we know.

For all we know they could reveal a new IP or a remaster of some old game, or Warcraft 4 or whatever. An expansion reveal takes a good hour+, so we know it's not going to be that. That's about all we know.
    A Remaster I could see, but a new IP or Warcraft 4 sounds even less likely to me.

Field Marshal
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Jurassic4LIFE View Post
    WoD was announced only 4 weeks after official production started.

The possibility of a reveal at Blizzcon, then a release in January of the new year wouldn't be far fetched, when we can safely assume they are already hard at work on X8
    Wasn't it announced at BlizzCon 2013 and then playable at that same convention on the demo floor?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Special K View Post
    Wasn't it announced at BlizzCon 2013 and then playable at that same convention on the demo floor?
    Yes it was.

A Remaster I could see, but a new IP or Warcraft 4 sounds even less likely to me.
    The point is WoW expansion reveals are big deals. They don't split it up with announcements about other games at the same time. It's always a showcase, not just a part of a stream.

The most optimistic thing that could happen about an expansion is something like a 5-10 second teaser that basically says, 'Be prepared for Blizzcon!'

10+ Year Old Account
    I just don't see the point of a "reveal stream" when there's nothing big really happening.
    Because it's Blizzard and branding and they have a large group of people who play more than one of their games. Streaming an hour-long commercial for your brand with some mild reveals here and there is good for business. That's probably the only point.

Two points of view here: yours and theirs. Personally I can give it a pass or watch it later. For them it's valuable time when a huge portion of the gaming development community is throwing stuff out there to see. It would be criminal business strategy not to do it.
    "...money's most powerful ability is to allow bad people to continue doing bad things at the expense of those who don't have it."

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Bamboozler View Post
    No, you're worse. At least Jaylock is smooth about it. You just post some shit like you know there's an expansion reveal, but in reality, your post is just "Announcement of announcement (useless filler), announcing of announcement of Legion (more useless rambling) and then there will be an announcement, hopefully." It's clear you did this only to pad your post count.

You wish you were Jaylock.
    Aren't most of the posts like that? Seems to me that they are Go ahead and search the topics and leave the guy alone. Poor you for clicking the ''clickbait'' PLEASE GET A MOD HERE!

Nobody knows if they will reveal the next expansion on upcoming Gamescon. If they do, NICE. If they don't, then wait for Blizzcon.
    They can reveal literally anything...
    Last edited by Svetox; 2017-08-18 at 06:19 AM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Flutterguy View Post
    Wasn't Pandaria announced with just a title at Gamescom with the full trailer at Blizzcon?
    no. the only xpac every announed at gamescon was Legion with a teaser one week before and a big fan-site and prtess invitation.
    this year blizzard is telling people like preach to make blizzcon.

10+ Year Old Account
    The schedule shows they're going to be unveiling details about 7.3, which makes zero sense because everything is already up on PTR... I don't know. The things they claim to have lined up honestly don't really justify Blizzard being at GC. Even for Overwatch, they're just showing a new map and animated short. Again, not really important enough that they need to be there. They've got to have something else planned.
    ON WEDNESDAYS WE WEAR PINK