Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Breccia View Post
    Could be a "fifteen minutes" kind of deal. I mean, she's on the national level now. We know who she is now. Was it worth it? We'll see next election.
    She won't make it until the next election. She will be out within a week or two. The Dems at the national level from Missouri and all the party leaders have asked her to step down.

Quote Originally Posted by Breccia View Post
    Could be a "fifteen minutes" kind of deal. I mean, she's on the national level now. We know who she is now. Was it worth it? We'll see next election.
    Eh. It depends if the penalty for saying this as an elected official vs. saying this as a celebrity or rando civilian. Realistically, it's probably just that sit down plus a bunch of other senators trying to start something over it, either out of pettiness or a slight chance they really don't like precedent of something like that.

It might get her some support. Some of that support might like her for the wrong reason.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Matchles View Post
    She won't make it until the next election. She will be out within a week or two. The Dems at the national level from Missouri and all the party leaders have asked her to step down.
    Oh really? So this is "legitimate rape" bad?

10+ Year Old Account
    Oh, snap. Well, good for them. Kinda wish more government officials had that kind of courage to call out one of their own when they use their public office to suggest a violent agenda is you get where I'm going with this, right?

She won't make it until the next election. She will be out within a week or two.
    You just said that in a thread where Trump is mentioned? wow

The Dems at the national level from Missouri and all the party leaders have asked her to step down.
    Ohh... But teh libruls never do that.... they never criticize one of their own... right?

10+ Year Old Account
    Well the Secret Service is on the case. Not sure they'll find criminal behavior, but threats or things that could be construed as threats, should be taken seriously.

It's ridiculous. Lincoln and JFK were assassinated. Nobody assassinated Nixon.

They only assassinate good Presidents, not the garbage ones.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tojara View Post
    Look Batman really isn't an accurate source by any means
    Quote Originally Posted by Hooked View Post
    It is a fact, not just something I made up.

Quote Originally Posted by Mormolyce View Post
    It's ridiculous. Lincoln and JFK were assassinated. Nobody assassinated Nixon.

They only assassinate good Presidents, not the garbage ones.
    You cracked the code. All the assassins were right wing extremists.

Quote Originally Posted by zorkuus View Post
    Hinkley almost broke the chain.

Quote Originally Posted by Dextroden View Post
    That is probably the closest equivalent that I can see. Here is the list so far.

http://www.stltoday.com/news/local/g...a69baaf2e.html

U.S. Sen. Claire McCaskill, D-Mo.: “I condemn it. It’s outrageous. And she should resign.”

U.S. Rep. William Lacy Clay, D-St. Louis: “(C)alling for the assassination of the President is a federal crime. … (She is) an embarrassment to our state. She should resign immediately.”

Missouri Democratic Party Chair Stephen Webber: “The … Party will absolutely not tolerate calls for the assassination of the President. I believe she should resign.”

Missouri Senate Democratic Caucus leader Sen. Gina Walsh: “(She) should be ashamed of herself for adding her voice to this toxic environment.”

Republican Gov. Eric Greitens said in a statement: “We can have differences in our country, but no one should encourage political violence. The senator should resign.”

Lt. Gov. Mike Parson, a Republican, and state Auditor Nicole Galloway, a Democrat, also called for Chappelle-Nadal’s resignation.

Stupid, stupid thing to say. Lots of people are thinking about how they'd like it, but to say it out loud? Yea. Of course, considering all the things Trump says and does, it emboldens people.

Well that's a terrible and stupid thing to say. In addition to the ethical failings of her statement, the last thing we need is to make a martyr out of Trump.

Quote Originally Posted by Dextroden View Post
    Maybe but probably senator David Perdue pray for Obama to die bad.

she hoped President Trump would be assassinated.
    Stay classy, my friend.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by zorkuus View Post
    You shouldn't make up your own history. Lee Harvey Oswald was a Marxist.

On one hand, she should be ashamed for this kind of stuff. She'll pretty much be forced out now, and perhaps rightfully so.

On the other hand, the bitter part of me notes that if she were Republican, they'd just let it slide with a slap on the wrist.

Quote Originally Posted by Illuminance View Post
    She should be fired and /or shot for treason!

Deleted
    I learned from The Office that state senator is not that important comparing to a senator of the state, but what does a state senator actually do ?

No doubt a horrible and stupid comment to make. Especially a public figure. The case that this person or other is just talk, you can embolden others.

Also it is just ammunition for either side to create more noise that is not needed.

She should resign or not seek reelection.

10+ Year Old Account
    Well that was a stupid thing to do.

Besides, Trump being assassinated would probably save the GOP from his mess.
    Human progress isn't measured by industry. It's measured by the value you place on a life.

Just, be kind.

A Trump assassination would be one of the worst things that could happen to America. And I say that as someone who's opposed him since the beginning. The country needs Trump removed, but it needs him removed in the proper way. America needs to show the world that it can overcome this blight in the hard way, it has to confront the problem head on. It needs everything to come out, and as many people as possible to be confronted with the lies he's told, the emptiness of his ideology, and the moral void he represents. His death would mean that possibility for many would be lost. There will be some who will never see the light, but you need to get it through to as many of them as you can. They need to see these things, their false idol dragged to jail and his bullshit movement broken completely. Don't let him get away easy, this is a teachable moment.
    Last edited by Warning; 2017-08-18 at 02:22 PM.