753. This poll is closed
  • Yes

385 51.13%
  • No

368 48.87%
Page 9 of 21 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Hctaz View Post
    You're actually lying since you can't fly in Pandaria while leveling. Why would he quit in WoD and not MoP? You have to have a level 90 before you can get the tome to fly at level 85.

- - - Updated - - -
    Maybe he quit during Pandaria? I thought it was Cata. Either way he slammed into no flying be it in Pandaria or WoD and just didn't bother after being able to gold purchase it in the expac areas before.

Whine about 8 levels. Takes about 5 hours or less to get those 8 levels and move on to Legion. Even if they did remove the pathfinder requirement, then you would have to be 100 to buy it, beats the purpose removing the requirement. Goes against what they stated about Cata, that having flying early trivialize Cata content at the time.

Quote Originally Posted by WhiteEagle888 View Post
    It's obsolete now that we have Legion.
    Just introduce a short questline or allow us to buy flying in Draenor and be done with it.

You could have all flying be account wide no need for a cheevo to do that.
    A quest on the other hand would be cool - something akin where you learn to tame the primordial winds of Draenor or some generic fantasy thing like that and make that quest account wide like pet battles.

do 1 quest link in a quest chain of flying unlocks for each zone at max level to that particular zone. Account bound.

Like learning to fly in outland against the Twisting Nether, in Northrend against the freezing wind, in Cataclysm against the elemental hazards, in MoP against the mist, in Draenor against the primordial winds and in Legion against the fel-tainted air. The issue would be gone and everything would become streamlined.
    I agree with your opinion. Despite the fact,that I earned it all the way long by grinding amazingly "fun" Tanaan Jungle reps,I think,that currently to force player do the same grind all the way is just idiotic. Some reps can be grinded - those Sabermaws or what was their name,but what about those factions,who only provided the daily quests and couldn't be simply grinded? My proposition - allow all the necessary reps to be grinded by farming mobs in Tanaan. It would take 2-3 evenings,but it wouldn't be as painful,as doing old daily q only to allow somebody to get from his garrison to Highmaul or BRF or any other location.

Pathfinder just needs to be modified a bit. Leave in the quests, exploration and maybe treasures but remove the rep grind. What's the point of grinding pointless dailies for weeks in an old content. Or maybe leave the rep grind in but only as part of the non essential meta achievement

People want to buy flying? What about buying the rep tokens? There you have flying with gold!

Quote Originally Posted by Bloodyleech View Post
    People want to buy flying? What about buying the rep tokens? There you have flying with gold!
    The rep tokens are farmed by players, and not sold by a vendor. The availability and cost is likely skewed massively out of proportion for a leveling player.

Deleted
    It needs to go, it's outdated content by now. They should either replace it with buying flying on every character for 5K gold or include Draenor flying in the current pathfinder.

Deleted
    No it should not go, it's freaking easy to get everything done right now.

10+ Year Old Account
    It's a reward and an optional one at that. Leave it like it is. It's just not that difficult to get.
    Last edited by MoanaLisa; 2017-08-18 at 07:36 AM.
    "...money's most powerful ability is to allow bad people to continue doing bad things at the expense of those who don't have it."

I would very much prefer if they remove flying everywhere actually and that they update the fly masters to what we have on the broken Isles.

Quote Originally Posted by Fummockelchen View Post
    Then THEY dont belong in this game.
    because you said so? dream on little girl

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Lucetia View Post
    So since you are so gung ho about having a quest then here is the perfect solution. Don't want to do the achievement? Sure fine. You now have a quest that says the following: (with the quests rewarding 1 gold or nothing)

1. Explore all of Draenor
    2. Collect 100 treasures (excluding Tanaan)
    3. Gained Revered Reputation with the following factions
      • Order of the Awakened
      • Vol'jin's Heahunters / Hand of the Prophet
      • The Sabrestalkers
    4. Complete the following quests:
      • Assault on the Iron Siegeworks
      • Assault on Magnarok
      • Assault on the Everbloom Wilds
      • Assault on Shattrath Harbor
      • Assault on Socrethar's Rise
      • Assault on Pillars of Fate
      • Assault on Stonefury Cliffs
      • Assault on the Pit
      • Assault on the Broken Precipice
      • Assault on Mok'gol Watchpost
      • Assault on Darktide Roost
      • Assault on Skettis
    5. Complete the storyline in the following zones
      • Frostfire Ridge / Shadowmoon Valley
      • Gorgrond
      • Talador
      • Spires of Arak
      • Nagrand

I mean it'd be a quest line that you and so many would be fine with. Does it really matter it's basically the same as pathfinder? Difference is with Pathfinder is you have options and could do multiple ones at the same time. If you really want a quest for flying it would be something of the above caliber considering Blizzard's stance on flying in Draenor and on.
    you turn the achievement into a quest and think that will work huh? xd
    No, there needs to be single streamlined flying quest for all the zones, especially if it is not current content anymore.
    Leave it as it is for current content, introduce a simple 5-8 step questline for dated content.

No, there needs to be single streamlined flying quest for all the zones, especially if it is not current content anymore.
    Leave it as it is for current content, introduce a simple 5-8 step questline for dated content.
    No, I'm telling that you can have everything one way. You can do the achievement like it's designed or you can have it in a quest line (which is a simple 5-8 step questline since it could be more complex). You should actually be lucky the devs realized it was a bad idea to remove flying and instead agreed with this method.

No, not the new accounts, the old ones who didn't bother to finish an irrelevant achievement too. And yes everyone should get it after completing a quest accountwide.
    Why should anyone that did not do anything in WOD have the same that the ppl that did it?

Draenor flying is one of the reasons I will buy a lvl 100 boost.
    MAGA - Make Alliance Great Again

Quote Originally Posted by Snes View Post
    I earned WoD flying and agree that people should just be able to buy it. Won't hurt my feelings.
    It's not about hurt anyone feeling it's about ppl think they should get stuff for free!

- - - Updated - - -

because you said so? dream on little girl

- - - Updated - - -

Why they need flying there if they say the content is irrelevant? I think they wont be going there anyway!

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by HeiAggra View Post
    Why should anyone that did not do anything in WOD have the same that the ppl that did it?
    Because it's a convenience feature for not relevant and outdated content. Show me anybody except a crazy collector who would by the first iPhone for the same amount which you pay for the latest one.

They give all characters the ability to fly in Azeroth for some gold when they hit 60, because this content becomes irrelevant for these characters and travel in these areas becomes merely an inconvenience, not a means of challenge or storytelling.

Honestly, the devs have probably gotten the concept of skinner boxes and addiction, but they hugely lack understanding of psychology in other departments, this is why they get so much hate while people stay playing.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by HeiAggra View Post
    Why they need flying there if they say the content is irrelevant? I think they wont be going there anyway!
    Because people use such content when they are bored and want to do something else with their time. You don't get these people by presenting them tedious things. Farming transmogs and mounts from legacy content works so well because you can skip the tedious part of forming full dungeon groups and raids and learning mechanics and whatever, and just can go destroy the bosses and collecting things if you are lucky with loot. If this content would be as tedious as it was at release - where items from this content have been highly relevant for character progression - then this content would be left unused by a large population.

Use you brain.
    Last edited by mmoceb1073a651; 2017-08-18 at 08:07 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by scubistacy View Post
    Because it's a convenience feature for not relevant and outdated content. Show me anybody except a crazy collector who would by the first iPhone for the same amount which you pay for the latest one.

They give all characters the ability to fly in Azeroth for some gold when they hit 60, because this content becomes irrelevant for these characters and travel becomes merely an inconvenience, not a means of challenge or storytelling.
    That is a really bad comparison. First dont compare the size of Azeroth (Kalamindor - Eastern Kingdoms) to Draenor. Second if you have a new account u will find hard to buy it with gold. So you need to farm for some gold. Again my question why you need flying for a outdaded zone with outdated content?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Lucetia View Post
    [*]Complete the storyline in the following zones
    • Frostfire Ridge / Shadowmoon Valley
    • Gorgrond
    • Talador
    • Spires of Arak
    • Nagrand
    [/LIST]
    And thats how i would solve that problem, simple elegant and not totaly cost free.

Quote Originally Posted by scubistacy View Post
    Because people use such content when they are bored and want to do something else with their time. You don't get these people by presenting them tedious things. Farming transmogs and mounts from legacy content works so well because you can skip the tedious part of forming full dungeon groups and raids and learning mechanics and whatever, and just can go destroy the bosses and collecting things if you are lucky with loot. If this content would be as tedious as it was at release - where items from this content have been highly relevant for character progression - then this content would be left unused by a large population.
    Use you brain.
    Oh ok, if you have free time then you can farm the Draenor pathfinder

Quote Originally Posted by Teri View Post
    [Medallion of the Legion] x22 on my AH, that's 22000 - 24200 rep for 200k gold. = 1 token will speed things up massively to revered.

If you are on a low pop realm however, it takes you some more days
    Returning and new players likely don't have 200k just lying around though :P (and neither have I)

I wanted to check the price for Elixir of the Rapid Mind yesterday (low pop server). 60k-70k a pop. Yeah, no, I didn't buy
    Quote Originally Posted by Vaerys
    Gaze upon the field in which I grow my fucks, and see that it is barren.