Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Hey Mods: Since it's coming out today, maybe add a spoiler or no spoiler tag to this thread so people know if they can expect to be spoiled or not.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Wyattbw09 View Post
    Hey Mods: Since it's coming out today, maybe add a spoiler tag to this thread so people know they can expect to be spoiled
    fixed that for you
    2 eps in and its a kinda slow setup and start for only having 8 episodes.

Quote Originally Posted by Aeilon View Post
    Jessica Jones simply made no sense, people remember when they are being brainwashed by the villains. He literally takes control of an entire fucking restaurant AT THE SAME TIME and still they don't find enough proof/witnisses on this brainwashing.
    From what I've been told, Kilgrave isn't very ambitious. Like, he's not motivated to... do anything. Just a day to day short term whatever he wants to do. Very small scale, whereas you'd think he'd just be the leader of a world power or some super villain. If I had those powers, I sure as fuck would be. He never felt threatening to anyone but Jessica, who as you said is this shit, unlikely character.
    Quote Originally Posted by THE Bigzoman View Post
    Meant Wetback. That's what the guy from Home Depot called it anyway.
    ==================================
    If you say pls because it is shorter than please,
    I'll say no because it is shorter than yes.
    ==================================

Deleted
    Good I love when actors speak some japanese on screen with ZERO subtitles.... /s
    makes the scene complete useless......

I'm part way through episode 2, it's decent so far.

10+ Year Old Account
    Just wrote a long ass review... Then because Laptop, I accidently deleted it.

So I'll give you the TL;DR. Decent show, better than LC and IF, about as good as JJ, but still not hitting the levels of DD.

Kinda wish they'd had the stones to keep Matt dead at the end, at least for a little while. Would have made the next seasons WAY more interesting.

Also, correct me if I'm wrong, but didn't they say something about JJ2 picking up REALLY soon after this? Like almost right away.
    Check out the blog I write for LEGENDARY Indie Label Flicknife Records:

Blog Thirty is live! In which we discuss our latest releases, and our great new line of T-shirts.
    https://www.flickniferecords.co.uk/blog/item/30-blog-30

Quote Originally Posted by Gallahadd View Post
    Also, correct me if I'm wrong, but didn't they say something about JJ2 picking up REALLY soon after this? Like almost right away.
    They could of been referring to the time line in the universe and not ours.

Wow, they managed to make me hate Dany right again after 1 episode (hoped that they didn't continue his whiny guilt trip attitude). Lets hope scenes with him get better.. .

Watched the first episode, ended up skipping forward on all IF and LC scenes cause i give 2 shits about these characters.

Meh so far
    Last edited by dvaz; 2017-08-18 at 10:34 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Gemini Soul View Post
    They could of been referring to the time line in the universe and not ours.
    Well.... Yeah. They clearly meant in universe, seeing as Punisher is the next MarvelFlix show, not Jessica Jones.

I recall them saying that the first scene in JJ2 is set something insane like 2 hours after the final scene of Defenders. They were actually filming the two seasons at the same time.

Blog Thirty is live! In which we discuss our latest releases, and our great new line of T-shirts.

What the fuck is this cunt-lun shit? Do i need to watch IF to understand wtf is going on?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Vegas82 View Post
    It will be interesting to see if they have JJ somewhat embracing her role as a protector of the weak, even if she continues to reject the hero label. DD3 starts filming soon, but I have to imagine they won't want to skip too far ahead of the final scene.

I enjoyed the show and feel like eight episodes was perfect for the story they were telling.
    I'm hoping so... The whole "I'm not a hero, fuck you all... I'm NOT a hero, I'm just helping these helpless people because who else will... But I'm NOT a hero!" thing is getting pretty old, even after just JJ1 and Defenders. If we get another whole season of that, It'll really start to grate.

It's fine for her to still be a grumpy bitch, it's her character after all, but I'd like to think that her final scene in this was to set up the fact that she's now willing to at least embrace the idea of being a P.I. and helping those that are willing to pay.

i don't know much about the comics but the whole "the hand" is starting to feel a bit too much.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Lex Icon View Post
    i don't know much about the comics but the whole "the hand" is starting to feel a bit too much.
    A: Couldn't agree more... It's reaching almost "HYDRA in Agents of SHIELD" level overused, and an enemy doesn't get more overused than that.

B: All hail Dominar Rygel XVI of Hyneria!

Looks like DD S3 will be about his mother, she was the one the nun called for at the end.

Quote Originally Posted by Lex Icon View Post
    Its a good thing it gets resolved in the Defenders. I'll miss Madame Gao though. She's funny.

I liked it. There was lots of fights and excitement. And even the bit characters had some nice moments. Iron Fist is still a bit of a punk but it seems that was somewhat necessary for the plot.

Quote Originally Posted by Gallahadd View Post
    A: Couldn't agree more... It's reaching almost "HYDRA in Agents of SHIELD" level overused, and an enemy doesn't get more overused than that.
    I think that Defenders concludes the Hand storyline.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Jotaux View Post
    I think that Defenders concludes the Hand storyline.
    I REALLY REALLY hope so..... I dont want to see anything about the hand again.... overall an OK show but not a MUST watch imho....
    @Gallahadd: but everyone knew that he wasnt dead, so you could either do it like dc and pretend the hero is dead just for "reasons" or have the balls to show he aint

tbh the best thing about defenders was the punisher teaser at the end

At least it's watchable, opposed to any other super-hero adaption made for TV.

It was pretty terrible, to be honest, and it felt more like IF2 than The Defenders.

The characters are what you've learned to hate from their shows, JJ a grumpy bundle with no personality other than "angry", LC a clumsy stereotype do-gooder who can't think for 2 seconds, and Danny Rand remains the idiot child who somehow managed to go through 15 years of monastic kung-fu training without ever encountering the term mental discipline. Daredevil alone is a great character, fitting with both the existing and new material, and showing actual hero qualities and common sense.

The storyline itself is rather shoddy. While Sigourney Weaver is absolutely brilliant in how she players her character, that character itself is fairly underwhelming and just way too in line with the whole "bastard in the suit"-shtick. Nothing at all what one would expect from the leader of the Hand, and someone who is literally centuries old. The entire cast of villains in general is surprisingly tame, and a big letdown from the buildup over the various preceding series. Madame Gao alone remains excellent and true to her role, it's amazing how such a side character easily rivals or even eclipses the performances of the supposed main cast.

It's slow-paced, tepid, and far too tame for a culmination series supposedly uniting major franchises. You always feel like there should be more - dramatically, visually, emotionally. The fights are incredibly boring and generic (with very few exceptions, most of which are Madame Gao), and it's very clear in places that the actors just weren't up to the task (Danny especially doesn't move like a kung-fu master AT ALL, and what little fighting moves they let Sigourney Weaver do are glaringly amateurish). Nothing new or inspiring was brought to the task, and so the resulting solution is incredibly shallow and repetitive.

I was hoping for MUCH more than this, but to be honest after Iron Fist I sort of had a suspicion it might end up like it did. Daredevil remains the one stellar part of this messy ensemble, and that very much holds true for this series as well. Everything else is either forgettable (Luke Cage), obnoxious (Jessica Jones), or plain miscast and misacted (Iron Fist). Sadface.