Oh dear, whats happened with the forum?

Either the forum has been spammed or it's been hacked....

Nice forum title headers!!

still better than most of tinker/highelves/leakedexpansion/wowissobad threads

lol yeah i guess that's a plus point

10+ Year Old Account
    Haha true that. At least with the spam posts you can find the love of your life!.....

Speaking of spam posts. Should we consider these leaks as spam now?
    ___________( •̪●) --(FOR THE ALLIANCE!)
    ░░░░░░███████ ]▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▃
    ▂▄▅█████████▅▄▃▂
    I███████████████████].
    ◥⊙▲⊙▲⊙▲⊙▲⊙▲⊙▲⊙◤...

This happens every night.

Quote Originally Posted by chubbybunny View Post
    Either the forum has been spammed or it's been hacked....

Nice forum title headers!!
    It's been happening every few hours lately. The spambots get in, make new accounts, and start a bunch of weird attempts at advertisements. I'm not really sure what the business plan is there. Spam so much that maybe 1 out of every 10k people might accidentally click a link? :/

No worries, though. The mods will clean house in a little bit and get em out of here.

Quote Originally Posted by SirCowdog View Post
    It's been happening every few hours lately. The spambots get in, make new accounts, and start a bunch of weird attempts at advertisements. I'm not really sure what the business plan is there. Spam so much that maybe 1 out of every 10k people might accidentally click a link? :/

No worries, though. The mods will clean house in a little bit and get em out of here.
    You would think that until you realise that they don't even contain links.

I tried to look for a script tag or some other attempt at hacking the site, but that didn't get me anything, either. They're just putting random text on the website for no reason basically.

I really have absolutely no idea what's going on.

I think its time for some new spam bot detectors or at least an update. Or a better way to screen out humans and machines during account creation. Although odds are higher of us getting banned for not just accepting "nothing to see here" rather than the bots posting the endless horse shit.

10+ Year Old Account
    I've always said they should require 20~ posts before being able to make a thread. Or maybe require a captcha before making a thread if you have fewer than 20 posts.
    “Do not lose time on daily trivialities. Do not dwell on petty detail. For all of these things melt away and drift apart within the obscure traffic of time. Live well and live broadly. You are alive and living now. Now is the envy of all of the dead.” ~ Emily3, World of Tomorrow
    Quote Originally Posted by Wells View Post
    Kaleredar is right...
    Words to live by.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by SirCowdog View Post

Well... as long as they get that 1 click out of every 10k clicks, they'll keep doing these.

Quote Originally Posted by Monkaliciouz View Post
    This happens every night.

And yet, the board owner do nothing to prevent such things. You could implement posting restrictions for new accounts, or you could manually approve new accounts.
    You can usually spot those spammers just by looking at their names, or their registration email or their resolved ip.

Deleted
    Spare a thought for Pull My Finger and Det - they have to go through each one checking in case of any anti Blizzard comments that they need to attack.
    Last edited by mmoc93b0a7f85d; 2017-08-18 at 12:08 PM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Nymrohd View Post
    Maybe there needs to be some annoying "are you a human" test
    They have that, last week i got the full bot treatment.
    First i only had to click the "im not a robot"-button every time i visited the site.
    After a while i had to identify cars/streetsigns/frontstores in pictures.

It was really annoying, super happy that stopped for me
    Last edited by mmoc2e5b8dbff7; 2017-08-18 at 12:30 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by coprax View Post
    And yet, the board owner do nothing to prevent such things. You could implement posting restrictions for new accounts, or you could manually approve new accounts.
    You can usually spot those spammers just by looking at their names, or their registration email or their resolved ip.
    Pretty much, but sadly as with all back end devs they'll say "it's not my end that's causing it so I don't have to fix it". Welcome to the wondrous world of it

10+ Year Old Account
    Report them and we'll clean them up. Until the filters finally learn you'll just have to deal.

And again: it's far easier to spot spambots by their threads. If we restricted posting threads, they would post INSIDE THREADS, requiring us to track them down post by post.