Quote Originally Posted by Nupomaniac View Post
    Wouldnt that just mean you have more time to play or?
    I'm saying that some of us would like to go out in the sun for the 2 months it's here, which won't happen if they release an expansion at that time.
    If you live in a place where it's warm and sunny all year you wouldn't understand or think of this... or if you like looking like a translucent albino :P

I think people that can't wait 12 months for the next expansion - or even worse; 2-4 months for a new patch - need to get more to do in their life than just WoW.

Quote Originally Posted by Floof View Post
    To everyone saying there will be a 7.4.... No there will not, it was already confirmed that 7.3.5 is the last patch of the expansion.
    I'd really love to see the source on that one. Asked a couple of times already in here but never got an official statement. Just the usual "confirmed assumptions".

Please talk about this:

alt 2015 gamescom, they showed a teaser with guldan and 1 min later the announcement video.

There was seriously no need at all to produce this teaser. It had no time to evolve with speculation and hyping things up.

So, how would you do this next time announcing a new expansion? Right. Show the teaser on gamescom and let people HYPE until blizzcon. Btw this makes so much sense with the reveal ceremonies description "showing latest videos".

This is what will happen, I'm 90% sure.

Quote Originally Posted by Nyel View Post
    God no, no, no.

- - - Updated - - -

Isle of Thunder was not smaller than Broken Shore. And remember, there was another patch between Isle of Thunder and Siege of Orgrimmar whereas 7.2 is followed by 7.3 which wraps up the expansion.
    It was much smaller.

Oh yes, of course, the barrens horrible pathetic excuse for content patch easily on par with WoD. Of course.

I'm a bit confused what your point is with 7.3 wrapping the expansion up.

You have Isle of Thunder (raid and dailies) > Barrens (one of the most minimal daily/rare areas in added to the game) > Siege (raid) + timeless isle, a chest and rep farming area
    vs
    Broken Shore (raid, dailies, dungeon, pvp brawls, timewalking raids > Argus (A massive patch area with dailies, quests, new systems, reps) + another dungeon + Antorus (raid)

How is this MoP proving Legion isn't more content? Legion is literally doing MoP, but with bigger, more varied daily areas and dungeons and new systems with each patch, plus new pvp stuff and side content like timewalking, events, chromie, etc.
    Last edited by Hitei; 2017-08-18 at 09:22 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Hitei View Post
    It was much smaller.

Oh yes, of course, the barrens horrible pathetic excuse for content patch easily on par with WoD. Of course.

I'm a bit confused what your point is with 7.3 wrapping the expansion up.

You have Isle of Thunder (raid and dailies) > Barrens (one of the most minimal daily/rare areas in added to the game) > Siege (raid) + timeless isle, a chest and rep farming area
    vs
    Broken Shore (raid, dailies, dungeon, pvp brawls, timewalking raids > Argus (A massive patch area with dailies, quests, new systems, reps) + another dungeon + Antorus (raid)

How is this MoP proving Legion isn't more content?
    If you think it was smaller, okay. I don't think so.

MoP had two big and two small content patches. Legion has two big content patches and a small one. 7.3 with Argus might be the biggest content patch ever, granted. You highly underestimate what MoP content patches added to the game:

5.1: Pandaria campaign, legendary quest, Brawler's Guild
    5.2: Isle of Thunder (world boss+raid), Isle of Giants (world boss), farm
    5.3: new scenarios, heroic scenarios, new battleground, new arena, Escalation campaign, barrens
    5.4: Siege of Orgrimmar, Proving Grounds, Timeless Isle

In comparison the Legion patches:

7.1: Karazhan, Trial of Valor
    7.2(.5): Broken Shore (dungeon+raid+world bosses), class campaigns, invasions, PvP brawls
    7.3(.5): Argus (new zones, dungeon + raid + world bosses + invasion points)

There's still no actual proof that the bigger team is delivering bigger / better / faster content, at least not how it should (when we think about that there are working 50 or more new people). Better is subjective, yes. For me 5.2 > 7.2 but that is individual taste. I can't judge Argus yet but I'm sure I'll like it more than 5.4 and Timeless Isle.

Maybe they're working on the next expansion, that's something we don't know, but right now Legion is neither better nor worse compared to MoP when it's about content delivery.
    Last edited by Nyel; 2017-08-18 at 09:45 AM.
    MAGA - Make Alliance Great Again

Deleted
    • August 22 - 7.3 trailer and 8.0 announcement/teaser
    • August 29 - 7.3 release
    • November 3 - 8.0 details during panels
    • November 14 - 7.3.5
    • Nov-Aug - Alpha/Beta publically underway.
    • September 18, 2018 - 8.0 release.

This is assuming time between announcement and release for 8.0 is roughly the same as for Legion (I think I added about half a week). If it's announced at BlizzCon, however, release would probably happen around November - December 2018, which would imply that Legion is a whopping 27 month long expansion (longest one ever, several months longer than MoP) and that Antorus, the Burning Throne would last for a full year. Does anybody see that as likely? I thought so.
    Last edited by mmoc53ad741e61; 2017-08-18 at 09:55 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by JainaKulTirasGamescom View Post
    If it's announced at BlizzCon, however, release would probably happen around November - December 2018, which would imply that Legion is a whopping 27 month long expansion (longest one ever, several months longer than MoP) and that Antorus, the Burning Throne would last for a full year. Does anybody see that as likely?
    No? Why should a Blizzcon reveal delay the release of the expansion? It changes nothing. MoP revealed at Blizzcon, released September, Legion revealed at Gamescom, released "September" (30th August).

Your estimated time frame starting in November is how it was done with MoP, the only difference is that they announced MoP during Blizzcon 2011.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Phinx View Post
    I'd really love to see the source on that one. Asked a couple of times already in here but never got an official statement. Just the usual "confirmed assumptions".
    It wasn't asked directly as a question but it should be in the Q&A

If you think it was smaller, okay. I don't think so.

MoP had two big and two small content patches. Legion has two big content patches and a small one. 7.3 with Argus might be the biggest content patch ever, granted. You highly underestimate what MoP content patches added to the game:

5.1: Pandaria campaign, legendary quest, Brawler's Guild
    5.2: Isle of Thunder (world boss+raid), Isle of Giants (world boss), farm
    5.3: new scenarios, heroic scenarios, new battleground, new arena, Escalation campaign, barrens
    5.4: Siege of Orgrimmar, Proving Grounds, Timeless Isle

In comparison the Legion patches:

7.1: Karazhan, Trial of Valor
    7.2(.5): Broken Shore (dungeon+raid+world bosses), class campaigns, invasions, PvP brawls
    7.3(.5): Argus (new zones, dungeon + raid + world bosses + invasion points)

There's still no actual proof that the bigger team is delivering bigger / better / faster content, at least not how it should (when we think about that there are working 50 or more new people). Better is subjective, yes. For me 5.2 > 7.2 but that is individual taste. I can't judge Argus yet but I'm sure I'll like it more than 5.4 and Timeless Isle.

Maybe they're working on the next expansion, that's something we don't know, but right now Legion is neither better nor worse compared to MoP when it's about content delivery.

You are literally posting proof, although butchered.
    (lol legendary quest, the thing that you pick up and then completely forget about while you raid as normal. I'm going to ignore that and also the campaign stuff, even though it's in Legion's favor, because the Legion ones actually add in a bunch of quests and stuff you do and the MoP one is pick up and keep raiding)

5.1 - Dailies + Brawler's guild

7.1 - Dailies (Suramar campaign, Helarjar) + Trial of Valor (small raid) + Karazhan (large mythic dungeon)
    7.1.5 - Brawlers Guild Legion. Micro-Holidays, MoP Timewalking.

-

5.2 - Isle of Thunder (world boss, dailies, and raid), Giants (World boss + farming), 5.2 didn't add the farm, just the end quest but sure.

7.2 - Broken Shore (world bosses, dailies, raid and dungeon, chest farming), Invasions (farming), PvP Brawls, Pet Battle Dungeons, Challenge appearances (solo challenge)
    7.2.5 - Black Temple Timewalking, Micro-Holidays, Chromie scenario, small magni solo scenario

-

5.3 - New Battleground, new Arena. Three short scenarios. """heroic""" scenarios (lets be honest, these were pretty much just the same thing by this point, it was an effort to try and keep them in any way not faceroll or relevant, not some exciting new system)
    5.4 - Siege of Orgrimmar (raid), Proving Grounds (solo challenge), Timless Isle (chest farming)

7.3 - Antorus (raid), Seat of the Triumvirate (dungeon), Invasion points (basically scenarios), Argus (farming, dailies, quests)

Total extras
    Legion
    Trial of Valor (small raid)
    Karazhan (large mythic dungeon)
    Micro-Holidays
    MoP Timewalking
    PvP Brawls (including Arathi Blizzard)
    Pet Battle Dungeons
    Cathedral of Eternal Night (regular dungeon)
    better "proving grounds"
    Black Temple Timewalking
    Seat of the Triumvirate (small dungeon)
    Larger patch zones (particularly Argus)

MoP
    Deepwind Gorge (battleground)
    Tiger's Peak (arena)
    farming
    One scenario (Mop added 3, Legion 2)
    Heroic scenarios (see above point)

I'm sorry, but that is very, very obviously a lot more content. And this is ignoring the side stuff, like Balance getting a ton of sound updates, casters getting brand new animations in 7.3, melee getting new animations in various patches and summing Brawls up into a single item despite it being fairly varied.

Deleted
    No? Why should a Blizzcon reveal delay the release of the expansion? It changes nothing. MoP revealed at Blizzcon, released September, Legion revealed at Gamescom, released "September" (30th August).

Your estimated time frame starting in November is how it was done with MoP, the only difference is that they announced MoP during Blizzcon 2011.
    Days from announcement until release for the modern expansion packs:

• Mists of Pandaria: 340
    • Warlords of Draenor: 370
    • Legion: 390

It's not so much "delay the release of the expansion" as it is that if the reveal happens later then it's fair to assume the expansion is also coming out later, since the reveal tends to happen around a certain point during the development.

The numbers above give a 366.66 days average time between announcement and release. But it also shows a trend of earlier announcements (or longer development cycles, depending on how you look at it). So it's fair to assume the next one will take at least 366.6 days from announcement until release, but probably longer.

If they announce at Gamescom, that means 367 (rounded up) days later lands us on 24 August, 2018. If they announce at BlizzCon, we instead land on 6 November, 2018.

Why does days from announcement until release even matter? Just because it nicely fits into the statistics? We have two expansions that were released nearly at the same time but were announced on different occasions. Both released in September but one was announced three months earlier than the other but it didn't change the release date at all (okay, two weeks but that's negligible). Announcing the expansion during Blizzcon doesn't delay the release until November / December 2018 even when the statistic says so. MoP and Legion are what's important in this case imho, both showing us that being announced during Gamescom or Blizzcon doesn't affect the release date that much when the expansion is "ready".

Deleted
    Why does days from announcement until release even matter? Just because it nicely fits into the statistics? We have two expansions that were released nearly at the same time but were announced on different occasions. Both released in September but one was announced three months earlier than the other but it didn't change the release date at all (okay, two weeks but that's negligible). Announcing the expansion during Blizzcon doesn't delay the release until November / December 2018 even when the statistic says so. MoP and Legion are what's important in this case imho, both showing us that being announced during Gamescom or Blizzcon doesn't affect the release date that much when the expansion is "ready".
    Are you referring to MoP and Legion? They launched a month apart. And BlizzCon 2011 when MoP was announced was held in October, so it was very nearly a year for MoP as well.

Quote Originally Posted by JainaKulTirasGamescom View Post
    Are you referring to MoP and Legion? They launched a month apart. And BlizzCon 2011 when MoP was announced was held in October, so it was very nearly a year for MoP as well.
    Sorry, you're right. I confused the WoD date with the MoP date, bringing me to a 2 instead of 4 weeks difference. From Blizzcon '11 to MoP release it's been 11 months. With all the new ressources I am sure Blizzard is giving us the expansion in Q3, not later than end of September, even when they announce it during Blizzcon. I doubt that a Gamescom announcement would have given us the expansion earlier than Q3.

Deleted
    Sorry, you're right. I confused the WoD date with the MoP date, bringing me to a 2 instead of 4 weeks difference. From Blizzcon '11 to MoP release it's been 11 months. With all the new ressources I am sure Blizzard is giving us the expansion in Q3, not later than end of September, even when they announce it during Blizzcon. I doubt that a Gamescom announcement would have given us the expansion earlier than Q3.
    That's cool, it happens. Well, you're entitled to hold that belief but you can't really claim that it's based on anything more than subjective opinion.

Deleted
    Oh man... now that Blizz has noticed us about Gamescom it does make it possible for a reveal to happen at gamescom. But, it is odd that this reveal would be in such a short 1 hour event with other Blizz titles (unless they are throwing sand so its not too obvious). Guess we will see.
    Last edited by mmoc80be7224cc; 2017-08-18 at 11:21 AM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Nemmar View Post
    Oh man... now that Blizz has noticed us about Gamescom it does make it possible for a reveal to happen at gamescom. But, it is odd that this reveal with be in such a short 1 hour event with other Blizz titles (unless they are throwing sand so its not too obvious). Guess we will see.
    Other games won't be at the Blizzard Reveal Ceremony, except for Overwatch with its new animated short. At least going by the information released by Blizzard.

Hearthstone has nothing new, neither does Diablo. StarCraft, Heroes of the Storm, and Overwatch will have some new content previewed in the Preview video on Monday but not on stage.

The ceremony seems to be for the Overwatch animated short, a 7.3 trailer, and something secret (at least if you ask me).

Strange thing I've noticed about Legion world pvp. You know those sentinel towers on Broken Isles. There is always conflict between Forsaken and Gilneas. Other races seems to be not involved in rotation. Could it be some kind of precursor to whats coming in the next expansion? Not just PvP, but overall, like a foreword for a bigger conflict story wise.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by DelusionalBear View Post
    Strange thing I've noticed about Legion world pvp. You know those sentinel towers on Broken Isles. There is always conflict between Forsaken and Gilneas. Other races seems to be not involved in rotation. Could it be some kind of precursor to whats coming in the next expansion? Not just PvP, but overall, like a foreword for a bigger conflict story wise.
    Wouldn't surprise me if Sylvanas' newfound Old Gods powers has her destroying Gilneas. It's not used for anything anyhow.

Someone mentioned theres a seperate 7.3 panel the day after the "reveal ceremony" ?

That kinda makes me think they could possibly squeeze in an xpac announce in the timeslot considering how little there is for other games (most likely)

Quote Originally Posted by enak101 View Post
    Someone mentioned theres a seperate 7.3 panel the day after the "reveal ceremony" ?

That kinda makes me think they could possibly squeeze in an xpac announce in the timeslot considering how little there is for other games (most likely)
    Yeah on the 24th, there's a stream on 7.3 features at around 2.30pm.