10+ Year Old Account
    "From @mikeReiss & I: the Patriots fear their top draft pick DE Derek Rivers has suffered a season-ending knee injury, per league sources."

I'm not getting a good vibe from this season so far. Off-season champs (they never win anything), impossible high expectations, injuries and lack of depth at 2 of the 3 most important positions (OT and Edge), several of the free agents brought in having gotten benched for training sessions and seemingly having trouble adjusting to the culture, Hightower still on PUP half way through training camp.

I don't like it one bit.

If OT Nate Solder doesn't get back to training soon and we get no further help at Edge this could be a very disenchanting start to the season.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by xskarma View Post
    "From @mikeReiss & I: the Patriots fear their top draft pick DE Derek Rivers has suffered a season-ending knee injury, per league sources."

I'm not getting a good vibe from this season so far. Off-season champs (they never win anything), impossible high expectations, injuries and lack of depth at 2 of the 3 most important positions (OT and Edge), several of the free agents brought in having gotten benched for training sessions and seemingly having trouble adjusting to the culture, Hightower still on PUP half way through training camp.

I don't like it one bit.

If OT Nate Solder doesn't get back to training soon and we get no further help at Edge this could be a very disenchanting start to the season.
    Oh please Patriots will pull another trophy out of their asshole. XD

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Crackleslap View Post
    Oh please Patriots will pull another trophy out of their asshole. XD
    or someone else's asshole

- - - Updated - - -

Seth Smith arrested for felony assault of his sister's boyfriend.

At least the Saints aren't the only ones with a gruesome CB depth chart.

10+ Year Old Account
    Oh damn. So while I was blissfully asleep, OT George Fant of the Seahawks tore his ACL and is out for the season. Tough break for the Seahawks.

10+ Year Old Account
    Oh damn. So while I was blissfully asleep, OT George Fant of the Seahawks tore his ACL and is out for the season. Tough break for the Seahawks.
    Likely more than just ACL. It was a gruesome contact injury. Not sure if he'll be the same again.

Sucks. Was already named week 1 starter. Worked with Walter Jones in the offseason and put on weight. Didn't have a chance to last season because he was essentially a walk on. Seahawks banked on his upside and gave him a roster spot.

10+ Year Old Account
    Getting deep into preseason. Christian McCaffrey is hype. Jaylon Smith and Ryan Switzer supposed to play tonight for Dallas. This Titans game is a blowout though. Other than watching McCaffrey run, the Panthers...meh.

10+ Year Old Account
    Patriots @ Texans about to start. Preview of the week 3 match up this season and, who knows, a potential play off preview too.

I expect a LOT of sacks and pressures and thrown away balls tonight cause Patriots only have 2 healthy tackles and the one on the left side is kind of iffy and that Texans D-line is RIDICULOUS, even without Clowney (who's apparently sitting out).

As always the mantra is NO INJURIES PLEASE.

10+ Year Old Account
    Dallas' first team came out and made the Colts look like a high school team. Then McFadden fumbled a ball in the end zone, we pulled all our starters, Kellen Moore dicking up, and now it's very meh. Waiting for more Cooper Rush and getting to see Ryan Switzer.

- - - Updated - - -

Also could be an issue when it's time to drop players. Rod Smith is our number four running back and is looking just as good as the rest.

10+ Year Old Account
    Patriots just spent all of their first and second quarter drives (only 2 basically) feeding the ball to Rex Burkhead, over and over and over, both running it and catching it. He looked good doing it too! Caught a TD at the end of drive 2 (just happened).

- - - Updated - - -

Patriots then spent most of the rest of the second quarter feeding the ball to Dion Lewis. They are definitely trying to figure out who'll get the start in week 1, with Gillislee still on the sideline with a hamstring.

Not quite sure how, but despite the Texans looking better for most of this half, the Patriots are up 13-10.

10+ Year Old Account
    I think if you give the Broncos 9 yards on first down they would never, ever score. Or even pick up another first down.

- - - Updated - - -

LMAO Hoyer what the fuck are you doing

- - - Updated - - -

Siemian vs. Lynch is settled then. Denver media won't like it.
    Ohio State Buckeye

Yeah, Lynch has looked pretty bad, but I think the media that really pushed for him kind of gave up after last week.

Easily the best part of the game was the refs needing to write down the penalties on a punt because there were so many of them.

Also, 11 penalties and getting stuffed on 3rd and short. In mid-season form already.

I haven't been able to watch many of the preseason games so far except the Cardinals and Steelers games, what other games would you guys say are worth watching before we get to some real football?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Dota3Confirmed View Post
    I haven't been able to watch many of the preseason games so far except the Cardinals and Steelers games, what other games would you guys say are worth watching before we get to some real football?
    Week 3 of the preseason is when the starters will usually play for most teams, usually at least a half, sometimes even 1 or 2 drives in the second half.

Week 3 match ups are:

Thursday, August 24

Miami at Philadelphia, 7 p.m. ET, NFL Network

Carolina at Jacksonville, 7:30 p.m. ET

Friday, August 25

New England at Detroit, 7 p.m. ET

Kansas City at Seattle, 8 p.m. ET, CBS

Saturday, August 26

N.Y. Jets at N.Y. Giants, 7 p.m. ET

Buffalo at Baltimore, 7 p.m. ET

Arizona at Atlanta, 7 p.m. ET

Indianapolis at Pittsburgh, 7:30 p.m. ET

Cleveland at Tampa Bay, 7:30 p.m. ET

Houston at New Orleans, 8 p.m. ET

L.A. Chargers at L.A. Rams, 8 p.m. ET, CBS

Oakland at Dallas, 8 p.m. ET

Green Bay at Denver, 9 p.m. ET

Sunday, August 27

Chicago at Tennessee, 1 p.m. ET, Fox

Cincinnati at Washington, 4:30 p.m. ET, Fox

San Francisco at Minnesota, 8 p.m. ET, NBC

Thursday and Sunday both look meh, unless you are a fan of the teams involved, but I'd say on Friday both games look great, 4 playoff teams competing. Saturday, definitely Raiders at Cowboys and Packers at Broncos as well. I'll watch Cards at Falcons on Saturday for an hour till better games come on. Should be fun watch too.

Week 4 of the preseason is just all back ups and last player battles to decide who gets the last roster spots. Usually it's a good sign if a player is not playing in the last game. If a player doesn't start week 4 but gets in later and finishes the game, probably time to say your goodbyes.

10+ Year Old Account
    Week 4 of the preseason is just all back ups and last player battles to decide who gets the last roster spots. Usually it's a good sign if a player is not playing in the last game. If a player doesn't start week 4 but gets in later and finishes the game, probably time to say your goodbyes.
    Seahawks will starve players of their 4th game playtime to sneak them onto practice squad.

Seahawks could be giving Branden Albert a call after their o line depth was crushed with the loss of Fant. Though if there is any uncertainty of his heart not being in football I doubt the Seahawks will pull the trigger. Plus he'd have to take vet min.

Seahawks can always get Donald Stephenson and/or Michael Schofield after cuts happen, since it is possible neither make Denver's roster.

10+ Year Old Account
    I wouldn't wish Donald Stephenson on my worst enemy.
    Ohio State Buckeye

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Norganon View Post
    I wouldn't wish Donald Stephenson on my worst enemy.
    You wouldn't wish Donald Stephenson on himself? That's deep.

In other news. Watched first half of Falcons at Steelers (delayed, started from the start when the game was nearly over) and it was pretty interesting. I don;t think the Falcons are going to slow down that much this season. Either that, or the Steelers defense has taken a step back. Tricky bit for Falcons will be the close fought match ups during the season I think. Do they have the mental edge to not get in their own head during and after those games?

Steelers were largely without starters on offense so there was just some back ups to watch and honestly no one really stood out that much in a positive sense. I'm sure they'll be fine with the 3 B's back. It made it hard to really say anything about Falcons defense too.

- - - Updated - - -

Oh shit, and apparently Anquan Boldin decided that between playing for the Bills and retiring, he'd actually rather retire.

Hell of a career. Don't think he makes it to Canton with the glut of receivers in front of him and coming after him, but he's certainly one to remember.

10+ Year Old Account
    Saints/Chargers has been enjoyable so far, pin the Chargers deep, get the ball at midfield, 50yard TD run by Kamara on first offensive snap of the game.

Defense has been iffy but good enough.

Brandon Coleman doesn't look like he cares about making the team.

15+ Year Old Account
    Saint's defense is doing well? Someone pinch me, I am dreaming.
    Time...line? Time isn't made out of lines. It is made out of circles. That is why clocks are round. ~ Caboose

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by apepi View Post
    Saint's defense is doing well? Someone pinch me, I am dreaming.
    They're up against Kellen Clemens.

- - - Updated - - -

but it is the best linebacker play I've seen from the Saints in a long long time

- - - Updated - - -

Taking a drink every time somebody says "San Diego" instead of "Los Angeles" would be dangerous.