View Poll Results: Superiority What is it?

Voters
15. This poll is closed
  • The Ability to take on everything else.

4 26.67%
  • The Ability to Attack and destroy anything.

1 6.67%
  • The Ability to Sustain and Adapt.

6 40.00%
  • Other (Comment below)

4 26.67%
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    Quote Originally Posted by Hubcap View Post
    Ajax is superior to Comet though I'm not sure why.
    And Deadpool is superior to Ajax.
    Quote Originally Posted by THE Bigzoman View Post
    Meant Wetback. That's what the guy from Home Depot called it anyway.
    ==================================
    If you say pls because it is shorter than please,
    I'll say no because it is shorter than yes.

Quote Originally Posted by ItachiZaku View Post
    And Deadpool is superior to Ajax.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by McFuu View Post
    I was just naming traits that a person could be superior to another over.
    Hah, gotcha,very true. But over all where would you put being charismatic, in terms of all the things you could be superior at?

I think it's pretty high, if you can get people to like you such as say maybe a beautiful woman, yeah lots of people respond to that. Look good = is good, not that a ugly person can be charismatic. I think.
    Milli Vanilli, Bigger than Elvis

The best socket wrench is the one that fits the nut.

You could have something that could take on all comers at everything, but this seems rather unlikely. Without defining the field in which superiority is being tested, adaptability wins. As soon as the field is defined then being able to take on everything on the field becomes the measure.

Deleted
    Alliance is superior over the Horde, since the Horde is usually played by the lesser educated and lesser intelligent crowd.

Has C'thulu given you the True Vision?

Quote Originally Posted by Lei Shi View Post
    Alliance is superior over the Horde, since the Horde is usually played by the lesser educated and lesser intelligent crowd.
    Fight me.10
    Quote Originally Posted by THE Bigzoman View Post
    Meant Wetback. That's what the guy from Home Depot called it anyway.
    If you say pls because it is shorter than please,
    I'll say no because it is shorter than yes.

Superiority is the ability to rise above all other considerations and act with love, kindness, generosity and patience. This is especially astonishing when it flies in the face of how others treat one in return.

The two examples I personally think of are a kid I used to beat up and taunt every day, and my partner's father.

The kid I used to beat up and bully when I was a child was my first great teacher of the nobility of the human spirit. I met him again as an adult and my first impulse was to apologize to him for all the thrashings I gave him when we were kids. His reply was to immediately forgive me and claim that it was nothing to him. And I could readily perceive that nothing I had ever done actually changed anything about his actions or his intentions. It was exactly as if all of my bad behavior had never happened at all. All my bullshit just slid right off his teflon attitude. This person is one of my best friends today. He taught me that what others do only matters if you allow it to matter.

My partner's father is just a great man and father. Sure, he has his hopes and dreams for himself and his children; but he tempers that with a firm grip on what is actually before him in reality. When his kids disappoint him, he makes his feelings known but he remains steadfastly in their corner. He's not foolish in his behavior, by which I mean he won't continue to make the same effort if his efforts are going wasted. But what he will do is adapt and change so that the necessary and correct support is always there. And this guy is big of heart, like you have never seen. Everyone around him owes him for everything, especially in terms of how he acts as the emotional center for his family. I am not as good a person as this guy actually is, and I probably never will be, but he is my role-model for how a person should behave to those around them.

A mop is superior to a tooth brush when cleaning the floor. A tooth brush is superior to a mop when cleaning teeth. Looking up a word in the dictionary is superior to not looking up a word in the dictionary. People need to stop applying complex philosophical issues to simple words, use sentences and paragraphs that is what they are for, stop being simpletons.