Page 31 of 34 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by sefrimutro View Post
    I won't be apologizing or justifying what any fellow Muslim says. They're responsible for themselves.
    I will however, mention that there are contexts in which people respond in specific ways provided some cues. I'm not a fan of lapidation for instance, but /if/ it's prescribed by our God, I'd agree with it. The issue is that we're human, and don't always understand what Allah wants. Or in western terms: religion is man-made. It eventually comes down to how literally one takes the scriptures, and that needs contextualization: I do agree with many metaphorical punishments provided the sins are also metaphorical; once we get down to implementation in the real, modern world, not so much.

Yes, some gatherings are a hotbed for radicalization. Some others aren't. But I'm happy that these happen in the open, and can be debated. Granted I'm the minority that thinks Islam should relinquish any claim to state managing, but such is the story of religions: Christianity is considered mild today because it was domesticated, not eradicated.
    You can't deny there's a massive issue with people taking the Quran too literal. And I'm speaking about these "Moderates". All it takes is one person to act out 'justice', defending their faith, to create a violent mob mentality amongst them all.

Take, for example, just recently in Indonesia... some poor fella was repairing the loud speakers of a mosque. Someone thought he was stealing them, alerted people, and before you know it he was being lynched and burnt alive by a massive mob. Not one person intervened to stop it.

Mob mentality + Religious indoctrination is just a nasty combo.

Quote Originally Posted by Slant View Post
    Because people like you are doing the same ISIS is. You are the extremist here. You are part of the problem. You're a liar and a deceiver, and there's 1.5 billion Muslims proving you wrong every single fucking day.
    Are you implying that poltical and religious conquest aren't aspects of Islam?

Just because someone's calling himself moderate, doesn't make him moderate. Especially not when he's displaying extremist views.
    You missed the bit where the entire audience, of hundreds, was in agreement with him... in a mosque in England. It wasn't JUST him...
    Last edited by Daedius; 2017-08-18 at 04:23 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by melodramocracy View Post
    Are you implying that poltical and religious conquest aren't aspects of Islam?
    Not anymore than they are in Christianity. Let me stop you right there and call you out on your propagandistic bullshit. Legions of people have tried to pull that bullshit argument on this forum, and they crashed and burned every single time. How about you don't go there, it'd be embarassing for you. And don't even start quoting me shit out of context.
    Users with <20 posts and ignored shitposters are automatically invisible. Find out how to do that here and help clean up MMO-OT!
    PSA: Being a volunteer is no excuse to make a shite job of it.

Not anymore than they are in Christianity.
    So the answer is yes, they are aspects of it. Thank you.

Quote Originally Posted by BeerWolf View Post
    You missed the bit where the entire audience was in agreement with him, it wasn't JUST him...
    Yes, and why the hell not? 9 out of 10 Christians go to Church and sing all kinds of fucked up songs without actually doing what they sing about.

- - - Updated - - -

So the answer is yes, they are aspects of it. Thank you.
    Nope. Not at all. Learn to read.
    Users with <20 posts and ignored shitposters are automatically invisible. Find out how to do that here and help clean up MMO-OT!

Yes, and why the hell not? 9 out of 10 Christians go to Church and sing all kinds of fucked up songs without actually doing what they sing about.
    Stop kidding yourself, please...

Nope. Not at all. Learn to read.

Not anymore than they are in Christianity.
    Well, which is it?

Stop kidding yourself, please...
    I'm dead serious. You're seriously sitting here, in all earnestness telling me that every Muslim is actually part of a 1.5bn strong global invasion force meant to subjugate the rest of the world and make us either their slaves or kill us outright?

Just how fucked up do you have to be in your mind to actually believe that kind of drivel? Who's kidding who exactly here? Fucking polemics...

9 out of 10 Christians go to Church
    Participation levels aren't nearly that high, sorry.

And another radical islamic terrorist attack. So sad, so infuriating....

But before we get mad, let us wait for some enlightened folk to tell us that we have no reason to fear or get worked up over terrorist attacks, because the chances to be killed in a car crash or by lightning strike are higher. So what's the big deal, right? Because murder and dying from an accident are totally the same thing. Ok, maybe not, but then surely our western involvement in the Middle East is to blame for everything, because you know, people aren't responsible for their own actions....

Deleted
    Take, for example, just recently in Indonesia... some poor fella was repairing the loud speakers of a mosque. Someone thought he was stealing them, alerted people, and before you know it he was being lynched and burnt alive by a massive mob. Not one person intervened to stop it.
    Holy shit that sounds insane. Do you have a link to an article about this?

I'm dead serious. You're seriously sitting here, in all earnestness telling me that every Muslim is actually part of a 1.5bn strong global invasion force meant to subjugate the rest of the world and make us either their slaves or kill us outright?

Just how fucked up do you have to be in your mind to actually believe that kind of drivel? Who's kidding who exactly here? Fucking polemics...
    When I start seeing other religions going to the lengths that they do with Islam with regards to extremism, domestic violence and what have you on such a massive scale... come back to me.

Don't you dare tell me it's not an issue with how indoctrinated these people are...

Quote Originally Posted by halloaa View Post
    Holy shit that sounds insane. Do you have a link to an article about this?
    https://coconuts.co/jakarta/news/man...ry-mob-bekasi/

http://www.thejakartapost.com/news/2...mplifiers.html
    Last edited by Daedius; 2017-08-18 at 04:36 PM.

Well, which is it?
    Pick whatever the hell you want, mate. It's not like you have any reasonable point of view to begin with or would listen to reason. You're like ISIS in that you don't actually care about arguments or moderation. To you, every Muslim is evil. Tell me, what is your solution then? What do you think we should do with Muslims? Go ahead, tell me, I'm biting my nails already...

- - - Updated - - -

When I start seeing other religions going to the lengths that they do with Islam with regards to extremism, domestic violence and what have you on such a massive scale... come back to me.

Don't you dare tell me it's not an issue with how indoctrinated these people are...
    Kinda like... "wading knee deep in blood"? That kind of stuff? Christianity, ca. 1000 a.d. Next? Oh yeah, let's pick the US invasion of Iraq. Basically anyone going into Afghanistan. Colonising and enslaving nations, pretty much a western idea in the way it was implemented globally. Anything else? Domestic violence? Are you fucking kidding me? Since western households never saw domestic violence by drunk fucktards? :P

Deleted
    Wow. This really makes me appreciate living in the west.

Quote Originally Posted by TheWalkinDude View Post
    Has to be nazis right? There's no other group committing attacks besides Nazis. Like every attack in the past decade has been nazis. My bet is on nazis. Shame antifa wasn't there to protect people. If only we destroyed more monuments, these Nazis wouldn't be attacking.
    The Nazi car attack in Charlottesville was no different than any other islamistic terror attack in the past. Nice, Berlin, London. Those who defend this cowardly assault are no better than any islamistic terrorist.

Kinda like... "wading knee deep in blood"? That kind of stuff? Christianity, ca. 1000 a.d. Next? Oh yeah, let's pick the US invasion of Iraq. Basically anyone going into Afghanistan. Colonising and enslaving nations, pretty much a western idea in the way it was implemented globally. Anything else? Domestic violence? Are you fucking kidding me? Since western households never saw domestic violence by drunk fucktards? :P
    Sorry, didn't realise we were living in 1000 ad. Are you telling me Islam is incapable of progressing forward?
    Invasion of Iraq, even though a majority were against it... had absolutely nothing to do with Christianity...
    Colonising? Literally all countries are guilty of that...

Sorry, with regards to domestic violence I meant violence within the country [internal strife?], due to belief and acting upon it.

Nonetheless, why are you using such examples as an excuse as though it's an acceptable thing still ?
    Last edited by Daedius; 2017-08-18 at 05:05 PM.

The Unstoppable Force Theodarzna's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Eggroll View Post
    The Nazi car attack in Charlottesville was no different than any other islamistic terror attack in the past. Nice, Berlin, London. Those who defend this cowardly assault are no better than any islamistic terrorist.
    But many, particularly on the Left or in the establishment media is still talking about Charlottesville as if its some indicative event. Still. Even as the barbarism in Barcelona raises the number of European citizens slaughtered by Islamists since 2014 to 461. Four-hundred-and-sixty-one people killed in Europe in three years. Four-hundred-and-sixty-one. Let that sink in for a minute. By extremists who loathe liberty, democracy and those outside their religious community far more seriously than those sad neo-Nazis in the US do.

But don't look back in anger will be the call for this event. Charlottesville is to be cast as indicative of "The Trump Voter!" or "White America!" or "Toxic Masculinity!" but with Barcelona as with all Islamic attacks we wouldn't want to create community tensions. "Don't make a scene" -- that's always the response to Islamist terror.

The message is so clear now: the political set will only give a shit about you if you're killed by a white extremist. If you kid is blown up or run down by someone whose skin is a few shades too brown, its a shrug, move on, or just an acceptable loss so we can have curry I guess. But if your killed by someone from the American Vanguard? Well hey, your kid gets to be a martyr.
    Quote Originally Posted by Crissi View Post
    i think I have my posse filled out now. Mars is Theo, Jupiter is Vanyali, Linadra is Venus, and Heather is Mercury. Dragon can be Pluto.
    On MMO-C we learn that Anti-Fascism is locking arms with corporations, the State Department and agreeing with the CIA, But opposing the CIA and corporate America, and thinking Jews have a right to buy land and can expect tenants to pay rent THAT is ultra-Fash Nazism. Bellingcat is an MI6/CIA cut out. Clyburn Truther.

Quote Originally Posted by Lobosan View Post
    Right, so raging on a forum will definitely help. I asked for people to respect and honor the dead rather than use them as fuel for their repetitive arguments on MMO-C. You responded with bile. Way to set an example.
    Be realistic though, we are on a forum. How can you truly respect the dead. They are just empty words because they have been said over and over again with nothing getting better.

Weird how quiet this thread is compared to the Charlottesville one, why isn't everyone rallying together to condemn Islamic terror? Hmm..

Removing a statue got more attention and people crying out in Twitter activism than multiple people being killed in a terror attack.

Quote Originally Posted by Theodarzna View Post
    The message is so clear now: the political set will only give a shit about you if you're killed by a white extremist. If you kid is blown up or run down by someone whose skin is a few shades too brown, its a shrug, move on, or just an acceptable loss so we can have curry I guess. But if your killed by someone from the American Vanguard? Well hey, your kid gets to be a martyr.
    I made a Twitter account to engage with people like Shaun King, Kat Blaque (instantly blocked after one tweet disagreeing with her), and people blowing up about the Charlottesville thing. I found literally like 20 people in 2 short Twitter sessions that do nothing but post anti Trump shit condemning everything about him and "white supremacy."

They act so outraged that someone was killed in that tragic car attack, can you guess how much attention they give to this? 0. Absolutely nothing, oh and then after engaging (not trolling) with them, my Twitter got locked by an "automated process" that decided I was exhibiting suspicious behavior. It wanted me to prove who I was by tying my phone number to my account, I decided based on how shady Twitter was that it wasn't a good idea.

It's not even a thinly veiled bias anymore, it's so incredibly blatant and people show no signs of learning from their mistakes any time soon, which will just create more shit like Charlottesville.
    Last edited by Post; 2017-08-18 at 11:51 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by True Anarch View Post
    Never claimed I was a genuis.
    Quote Originally Posted by Furitrix View Post
    I don't give a fuck if cops act shitty towards people, never have.