Page 1 of 2
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account

Reporting people DOES work.

Found out last night that a friend of a friend who we play OW with just got muted until sept. of 2018.
    This was his six or seventh silence, with each getting longer.

Reporting toxic people works. Keep it up.
    Quote Originally Posted by Vaerys View Post
    Gaze upon the field in which I grow my fucks, and see that it is barren.

10+ Year Old Account
    FF14 > WoW. Not an opinion, that's facts.
    It does, I got a 24 hour mute ban for saying "Kys"

10+ Year Old Account
    In the middle of the ocean for 7 months out of the year
    I tested this with an alt account by saying "Report me to test out OW ban system." IM banned until March '19 on that account.

10+ Year Old Account
    Oh good. Guess I'll have a silence waiting for me in the morning for losing my shit at a smurf. Of course, they'll get nothing from my report.

Quote Originally Posted by Jessicka View Post
    Oh good. Guess I'll have a silence waiting for me in the morning for losing my shit at a smurf. Of course, they'll get nothing from my report.
    So.... don't loose your shit?
    If you push a button that finds you a 'random group' and it gives you a random group of people with random skill and random knowledge then you have no right to complain that a 'random group' button did what it was designed to do. The fault lies in your inability to make friends to play with instead of relying on a button designed to be random. It is a 'random group' button, not a 'best of the best' button.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by DeadmanWalking View Post
    So.... don't loose your shit?
    I rarely ask anything constructive anymore anyway so doesn't make any difference to me honestly, so probably a good thing. I used to try to be helpful or just ask for help with things like Reaper or Pharah, but since about 3 weeks into this season it just became QP 2.0 so no one listens, gives a shit, or they just reply back with something like get back in the kitchen.

Oh and I'd lost 200sr at that point, while playing well 60% kill contribution cards and new records for damage soaked. What the fuck more I am I supposed to do? Also maybe people shouldn't be fucking playing on low rank smurf accounts.

No sign of a ban anyway. And nothing said about the smurf. Maybe it's just set up for US for now.
    Last edited by Jessicka; 2017-08-19 at 09:25 AM.

There new reporting system is really good...as long as you don't get caught on the wrong end of it. Of course it can be hard to tell why someones was banned when they make a post about it online and there have been some pretty bad trolling cases, but sometimes it doesn't work out the best like solo players getting reported for playing a character that the rest of the team (usually in a party) doesn't want you too, usually because they want someone to support them all. The bet thread I read about it was on Battle.net forums and points out both sides of the issues.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Akande Ogundimu View Post
    It does, I got a 24 hour mute ban for saying "Kys"
    lol... i was muted for saying someone is bad and should be in bronze, not diamond and asked if they bought boost for a week...

bots play better than he did

Deleted
    Hope so, reported a death threat directed at me the other day, hope that account was closed permanently.

Quote Originally Posted by Jessicka View Post
    No sign of a ban anyway. And nothing said about the smurf. Maybe it's just set up for US for now.
    I would be interested in knowing who's in what region regarding this thread honestly.

I had someone else claim in an older, WoW related thread that Blizzard doesn't do anything about hate speech in trade chat (And they were EU), meanwhile, in the NA region, it's pretty much an instant kick/temp ban.

10+ Year Old Account
    ban people for hurting feelings but they can't do shit about the boosters and hackers. all good though lol glad no one has to have therapy from being informed they're shit at the game
    You're getting exactly what you deserve.

Quote Originally Posted by The One Percent View Post
    ban people for hurting feelings but they can't do shit about the boosters and hackers. all good though lol glad no one has to have therapy from being informed they're shit at the game
    boosters are by far harder to pin down than people trash talking.

Not sure how rampant you're seeing hackers though since I never see anyone complaining about that anymore.

Quote Originally Posted by Digital Dream View Post
    lol... i was muted for saying someone is bad and should be in bronze, not diamond and asked if they bought boost for a week...

You don't get action against you for one report. You get action against you for lots of reports so there were more moments than you wish to recall that lead to that punishment.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Vidget View Post
    It's a good thing imo. People need to understand that they can't behave any way they want and get away with it. If you can't speak without flying off the handle and throwing tantrums it's better you stay silent. Ask politely or give constructive criticism in a calm manner, if that doesn't help you've done all you can.
    Another important aspect for people to learn is that even if you ask nicely, which people are more likely to respond to, if they don't do as you wish it isn't an excuse to go toxic. Nobody is required to do as they are told just because you said so nicely.

Note when I say "you" I mean anyone who is reading this post and not the person I am quoting directly.
    Last edited by DeadmanWalking; 2017-08-19 at 06:46 PM.
    If you push a button that finds you a 'random group' and it gives you a random group of people with random skill and random knowledge then you have no right to complain that a 'random group' button did what it was designed to do. The fault lies in your inability to make friends to play with instead of relying on a button designed to be random. It is a 'random group' button, not a 'best of the best' button.

Yup works. I found the second season and on of competitive a lot cleaner in terms of vocal toxicity and certain types of griefing. I found even wall hackers I reported getting perma banned. If only Blizzards other dev teams would take such action against toxicity.

Quote Originally Posted by Vidget View Post
    Obviously. If they don't respond when you ask nicely they sure as hell won't respond when you pull out the big toxic guns.
    Yeah but a lot of people haven't figured this out yet. We live in times where people think insulting people they disagree with will make them see that they were wrong and the actual result is it just reinforces their ideal that they are right and the other just an ass.

At Deadman and Vidget: partially, but most of it comes down to the way people are when there are no repercussions that matter for their actions. There's a reason people have dubbed others that act like this as Keyboard Warriors. These are people that act a certain way to get a response for many reasons. Some do it because they are naturally like that, others do it because they think it's funny, while still others do it because it has become the norm.
    The main issue stems from the fact that there is no penalty to be had (in their minds) that has any great weight to it, and no threat to oneself. To think these people talk like this in every day life is a falsehood. If a white male or female was out in a social setting and spoke like they type in a game, there is a permanent threat of being banned from a business, arrested, or in an extreme case retaliation involving being battered or even killed.
    The difference is that in the video game setting, people go no holds barred because there is no real threat. Even if they got banned from the game, it ranges from free to $60 to just play again, and even if it does cost to start a new sub and a person doesn't want to pay it, there are countless other games for that person to just go and enjoy.
    Not to say this should ever happen, but to truly enforce any kind of lasting or impactful penalty, it would be better of any subscription or account based game company to ban a player from all of its IP's. Imagine how people would change and act if EA, Activision, and Blizzard, to name a few, all requires an account to play every game they've ever made. Now imagine that if you were toxic on, say Call of Duty, to the point of being banned, that you are now banned from every online version of every game EA ever produced. What if Blizzard, as part of Activision, banned a player from Overwatch which in turn bans them from WoW, Hearthstone, D3, and even Activision other IP's such as Battlefield. You could still play the single player version obviously, but all online participation is pretty much over.
    Toxicity would still exist in some forms, and obviously need more in depth rules based on such, but such extreme forms would, in theory, be all but gone due to such a wide and majorly impactful punishment system.
    Last edited by Eapoe; 2017-08-20 at 04:23 PM.

It doesn't, really. I've ended up with or against a lot of people I've reported in the past for griefing, there's no punishment in this game. In 6 out of 10 games today there were griefers. Blizzard really needs to ban their whole accounts, including WoW, hearthstone and so on.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Freighter View Post
    It doesn't, really. I've ended up with or against a lot of people I've reported in the past for griefing, there's no punishment in this game. In 6 out of 10 games today there were griefers. Blizzard really needs to ban their whole accounts, including WoW, hearthstone and so on.
    Then your reports were a) frivolous or b) not reported by others as well.
    The squeaky wheel gets the grease.
    Quote Originally Posted by Vaerys View Post
    Gaze upon the field in which I grow my fucks, and see that it is barren.

Quote Originally Posted by Covfefe View Post
    Then your reports were a) frivolous or b) not reported by others as well.
    The squeaky wheel gets the grease.
    There's a 5-man premade that keeps themselves around 2.8-3k rating, I've encountered them about 10 times so far, with or against them. 2 out of those 10 times they've played properly and the rest they have been throwing. It's not frivolous.

If it requires that others report them too then the system is beyond useless if you end up with a 5-man premade throwing and the enemy benefiting from it by winning. There's no incentive for them to report them and I'm the only one on my team that's not throwing.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Digital Dream View Post

Sounds like its working as intended. If he isn't placed correctly eventually he will be.

People can't have bad games? It really isn't YOUR place to rage at a fellow player for their performance or lack thereof. Blizzard has said that they would prefer that you rage at them (privately not publicly) for your issues with their placement or ranking system.