Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Flashier spell effects.

Not being useful for only 1 tier per expansion.

Remember when Mistweavers had unique mechanics like Chi and Mana Tea? lol just remove that and make them worse druids

10+ Year Old Account
    Nearby, preventing you from fast traveling.
    I'd like to see MoP's brewmaster return and the current ww mastery changed.

And I'd like to see the class questline scrapped and replaced with something serious. Blizzard are capable of doing serious pandaren stories, but they're being lazy in Legion.

Oh and what that other guy said about them using weapons for once. That too.

Quote Originally Posted by Rorcanna View Post
    That they don't change it in order to cater to people that don't enjoy the class and Monk fantasy, maybe? There are 11 other classes for people to choose between, many other races. If this one "makes you think of childish pandas", then gtfo and roll an edgelord instead.

I don't main a Monk yet, but I'm seriously considering turning my monk into a raiding tank alt. Is the class better now than in previous iterations? Not in my opinion, but I still enjoy aspects of it.
    That'd be great, but they already did that with the Legion reworks. The main point of the WW rework was attracting people who didn't like the spec before, and that worked fine while WW was OP in the content most people did(5mans), not so much now.
    Tradushuffle
    <Echoes>
    Laughing Skull-EU

Three reasons:
    I will never, ever change from my main(priest).
    I barely have time for any alt. I pretty much only play my main, even if I'd like to play my alts more.
    Holy priest and resto druid are so much more fun to play, so they will always be chosen over the monk. Nothing they can do to change that.

Bonus reason:
    Just as with rogue I dislike that I'm forced to use a certain weapon type depending on spec(like it would be nice to be able to use swords/sword transmog on my assa rogue. I don't even know if this is an issue for monks now?

Quote Originally Posted by Explicit Teemo Nudes View Post
    Three reasons:
    I will never, ever change from my main(priest).
    I barely have time for any alt. I pretty much only play my main, even if I'd like to play my alts more.
    Holy priest and resto druid are so much more fun to play, so they will always be chosen over the monk. Nothing they can do to change that.

Bonus reason:
    Just as with rogue I dislike that I'm forced to use a certain weapon type depending on spec(like it would be nice to be able to use swords/sword transmog on my assa rogue. I don't even know if this is an issue for monks now?
    It's an issue for every class right now. Ignoring artifacts, WW has the issue of fists vs not-fists being seperate transmog categories(as well as being forced into dualwielding) and BrM is forced into 2h. Not sure if MW is actually forced into 2h or if it's just their artifact.
    Tradushuffle
    <Echoes>
    Laughing Skull-EU

Removing all the other classes from the game, maybe.

Quote Originally Posted by Thimagryn View Post
    This thread is for all those who aren't actively playing a Monk.

Monks are generally considered (one of) the least played class in WoW. I want to openly address the issues that people may have with Monk's popularity and discuss constructive ways to improve them, whether it is due to aesthetics, general themes or purely on the basis of their gameplay and stats. This topic is purely subjective, so please be respectful of everyone's opinions.

What changes, additions or improvements to the Monk would get you interested in playing one?

What do you value most in choosing your class of choice, and what would apply to the Monk class to get you to play it?
    removing pandas from the game. I am ok with the class, just not the race.
    There is no Bad RNG just Bad LTP

If I could play other race than Kung fu Panda.

Quote Originally Posted by Vidget View Post
    Being able to use weapons instead of kicking and punching. Maybe tone down on the asian crap like dragons and cranes. Oh and change the color, teal is ugly
    wat. Teal and the healing spells/animations is what I really like about monk :P

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Babadoo View Post
    Which you can do...?

Not monk related, but I really want a second tank spec to receive stagger. Its a fun mechanic to keep track of and it triggers the shit out of bad healers, pls blizz.

Maybe tone down on the asian crap like dragons and cranes.
    This a million times over. Take down a notch on the weeaboo scale and we'll talk.

Quote Originally Posted by Babadoo View Post
    I feel truly sorry for you if you've been walking around with the impression that only Pandaren can be Monks...

- - - Updated - - -

Being able to use weapons instead of kicking and punching. Maybe tone down on the asian crap like dragons and cranes. Oh and change the color, teal is ugly
    Sorry, this falls under the "trying to cater to a crowd which doesn't like Monks"-category. Dragons, cranes, teal spells etc etc are all an integral part of the lore behind this class.

Not tying them so heavily to the Pandaren I guess.

The playstyle just doesn't suit me in general though, but thats me only.

Deleted
    I tested Monk at the start of the expansion but their tank spec is very lame because you have just a few buttons. Also I'm not really a fan in terms of their utility. They should add better utility and more spells in my opinion.

The DPS spec feels repetable and boring. Personally I am more a fan of proc specs like Fire Mage.

The heal spec is underwhelming too. Lame or non-existent animations and it feels in general like a low budget resto druid or holy priest. Also doesn't really fit into the whole class fantasy because it has no melee interaction and the only talents which make them to a monk are in their talent tree but i heared that the melee part was amazing in MoP. Can't understand why Blizzard changed this.

Still sticking with Prot and Holy Paladin.

Deleted
    Nothing, I don't really like their theme at all. Martial arts is cool, but I don't wanna hit dragons with my fists. They're also basically a Pandaren class and I loathe Pandaren and everything related to them.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Gehco View Post
    Bringing the old brewmaster back, that is what would do so.
    It was never my main, but it was my main tanking class. I loved the original iteration of it more than any other tank I think I've ever played. I would've considered maining it. So yeah. This. Bring back the BrM as it was - maybe with some of the new abilities.

Deleted
    I leveled a Monk at the start of the expansion but rerolled to Paladin.

The Tank spec is lame (to less spells and buttons to click) and has no real utility compared to the other tanks. I want also support my raid with utility and not just be a tank.

The DPS spec is repeatable and boring and this Spinning Crane Kick mechanic feels clunky.

The heal spec doesn't support the class fantasy of a monk as well. If Blizzard describes a monk as masters of martial arts I want to play a master of martial arts even in a heal spec. But I heared that the spec was very melee based in MoP and many players had fun with it. No clue why they changed it. Also the whole spec feels like a worse copy of resto druids.
    Last edited by mmoc6501716769; 2017-08-18 at 11:53 PM.

I've only seen Panda monks so I guess it's the only race that can use them, like Deathknights and humans.

Never liked the playstyle or the overall looks of the class. At that point I might as well just say, not being a Monk would make me play it.