Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    What you mean all of these leaks aren't "announcements?"
    “Do not lose time on daily trivialities. Do not dwell on petty detail. For all of these things melt away and drift apart within the obscure traffic of time. Live well and live broadly. You are alive and living now. Now is the envy of all of the dead.” ~ Emily3, World of Tomorrow
    Quote Originally Posted by Wells View Post
    Kaleredar is right...
    Words to live by.

Oh, it seems i was wrong. Weird, i really thought it was revealed at blizzcon!

Quote Originally Posted by dacoolist View Post
    I love when it's spun that: "Blizzards taking SO LONG to release info on the next Xpac #dedgameimplied" but yet we haven't had this much content released since... Wrath?
    Since mop. As great as wrath was legion and mop put it to shame in quantity and even quality of content.
    Quote Originally Posted by High Overlord Saurfang
    "I am he who watches they. I am the fist of retribution. That which does quell the recalcitrant. Dare you defy the Warchief? Dare you face my merciless judgement?"
    i7-6700 @2.8GHz | Nvidia GTX 960M | 16GB DDR4-2400MHz | 1 TB Toshiba SSD| Dell XPS 15

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by dacoolist View Post
    I love when it's spun that: "Blizzards taking SO LONG to release info on the next Xpac #dedgameimplied" but yet we haven't had this much content released since... Wrath?
    Let's not forget that most of 7.2 content is garbage.

Quote Originally Posted by Ganker View Post
    But, but, what of the intricate and vastly detailed storyline of weekly quests on the broken shore that-- Okay, yeah, it was bad. Class quests and artifact quests were good but the broken shore itself was so lame.
    #GarroshDidNothingWrong #TeamLightboundGarrosh
    #EXMVP

10+ Year Old Account
    TBC was announced 11 months into Vanilla.
    WotLK was announced 7 months into TBC.
    Cata was announced 9 months into WotLK.
    MoP was announced 10 months into Cata.
    WoD was announced 14 months into MoP.
    Legion was announced 9 months into WoD.

If the new expansion is going to be revealed at Blizzcon then *we'll be 15 months into Legion.*

It will be the longest wait for a new expansion reveal in WoW history.
    That's really not far outside of the norm...if there was a 3-4 month between the longest and the 2nd longest, I'd say it's possible, but considering it's only 1 or less months longer than the second, I still think both conventions are possible platforms.
    so Warlords of Draenor is /'woɹː.loɹːdz ʌv 'ɖɹæːn.oɹː/.
    I've always loved how in an attempt to make pronunciation through text easier to understand people have created a seemingly alien cypher for which few people without a degree related to language would ever been able to understand.

Which is more than fine. All ya'all all need to find more hobbies(or get a job).

Not that out of the ordinary if it took 14 months in MoP to reveal WoD.

And they already said they want Legion to last a long time, more than previous expansions since they gave up their goal of yearly xpacks.

Also, if memory serves they always announced xpacks at Blizzcon, apart from Legion. So waiting for that event would influence their timetables as well.

Quote Originally Posted by Flaks View Post
    Since mop. As great as wrath was legion and mop put it to shame in quantity and even quality of content.
    *Inserts 'THANK YOU' gif*. Finally, someone who gets that MoP was fucking awesome, and even recognises that MoP was better than Wotlk as it didn't have to rely so heavily on lore or characters that were built in a previous game. But nope, most ppl still hate it because 'pandas', since halflings, long eared ppl, cow ppl, space goats and others are totally normal creatures you'd see in your every day life as neighbors.

- - - Updated - - -

The catch up mechanics of 7.2, the new cool class mounts, nice storylines for class halls, and artifact challenges were really fun. Invasions too. The raid and the dungeon were also nice. Only thing that sucked was the zone provided, broken shore and its story (or lack thereof).

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Aeula View Post
    Daily quests that unlocked story as you progressed. (Every two to three days).

Scenarios (Real scenarios, not the watered down stuff we're getting in 7.3), badge/point gear, reputation with decent mount rewards, content that wasn't gated to hell. The ability to make decent progress without relying on raiding, dungeons or PvP. Having decent content patches instead of whatever the hell 7.2 was.
    I've seen you randomly complaining in other threads. You seem like a bitter person in general and your points are semi bad at best.
    Daily quests that unlocked story happened in Suramar. And is part of the gated content that a lot of people don't like.

Scenarios where a generally disliked thing when they came out as an ternative to dungeons. Most likely because they where hard to balance.

The ability to make decent progress without relying on raiding dungeons or PvE. When has this ever been a thing?

7.2 was bad in legion standards but wasn't bad seen from an overall perspective.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Hctaz View Post
    Legendary items being RNG, Titanforging being RNG, everything being fucking RNG (netherlight crucible). I want the RNG reduced to Vanilla-early MoP levels. The only RNG was whether or not the piece of gear dropped. I'm sick of this shit.
    This is a valid argument. Problem being I don't see how else they could have made dungeons relevant for an entire expansion

- - - Updated - - -

Most of it was actually decent. It just lacked a proper quest progression.

The island, creatures, the raid and class mounts where all very decent.

I know the quest story is a large part of it. But it's just one department fucking up basicly

Quote Originally Posted by Deventh View Post
    It will most likely be teased and we'd know the name, but nothing much else and they'd leave the rest for Blizzcon. They hype people up and make them go to Blizzcon to learn the rest. It's a win-win.
    Blizzcon sold out months ago, no? >_>

Deleted
    I am pretty certain that they will announce new expansion at Blizzcon, if they announce at Gamescon then they are taking hype away from 7.3 patch.

TBC was announced 11 months into Vanilla.
    WotLK was announced 7 months into TBC.
    Cata was announced 9 months into WotLK.
    MoP was announced 10 months into Cata.
    WoD was announced 14 months into MoP.
    Legion was announced 9 months into WoD.

If the new expansion is going to be revealed at Blizzcon then we'll be 15 months into Legion.

It will be the longest wait for a new expansion reveal in WoW history.
    It won't be 15 months it will be barely above 14.

August 30th to November 4th is 2 months 5 days. So not sure where 15 months comes from.

10+ Year Old Account
    Nearby, preventing you from fast traveling.
    Quote Originally Posted by Nupomaniac View Post
    I've seen you randomly complaining in other threads. You seem like a bitter person in general and your points are semi bad at best.
    Daily quests that unlocked story happened in Suramar. And is part of the gated content that a lot of people don't like.

Scenarios where a generally disliked thing when they came out as an ternative to dungeons. Most likely because they where hard to balance.

The ability to make decent progress without relying on raiding dungeons or PvE. When has this ever been a thing?

7.2 was bad in legion standards but wasn't bad seen from an overall perspective.
    Legion is the only expansion that has pissed me off enough to unsubscribe for more than a month. Something went wrong. I'm not just bored of legion, it actually makes me angry, which is why I stopped playing.

Every tiny thing seems to be designed to frustrate the living hell out of me. I gave the blasted expansion a dozen chances, the final straw that catapulted it to the worst expansion of all time list was how they handled the corrupted remembrance appearance for Ashbringer. Waiting for a mob that spawns every 24-48 hours at random is NOT FUN. AT ALL.

When I realized they just want us to nolife on shallow content to keep subscribed I quit. I would rather have had another year of WoD.

Legion is the only expansion that has pissed me off enough to unsubscribe for more than a month. Something went wrong. I'm not just bored of legion, it actually makes me angry, which is why I stopped playing.

Every tiny thing seems to be designed to frustrate the living hell out of me. I gave the blasted expansion a dozen chances, the final straw that catapulted it to the worst expansion of all time list was how they handled the corrupted remembrance appearance for Ashbringer. Waiting for a mob that spawns every 24-48 hours at random is NOT FUN. AT ALL.

When I realized they just want us to nolife on shallow content to keep subscribed I quit. I would rather have had another year of WoD.
    Funny, it's one of the only hidden skins that felt creative AND still linked to the past as to how to acquire it.

7+ Year Old Account
    Can't believe its been almost a year already playing legion.

Welp, cant wait till its over either.

My guess is they might do something like what they did with Wrath, and just "leak" a picture......that way they give away no info, but start that hype train rolling with people trying to figure out what the picture means.

Quote Originally Posted by Caerule View Post
    Legion being announced only 9 months into WoD is misleading through, as it only had 2 tiers, and the final patch had already been out for weeks when Gamescon came around.

For Legion, we're still pre-7.3. And we'll likely also get a 3.5. So we're still 3 months away from the final patch and raid.

It wouldn't be unreasonable for them to wait till Blizzcon. But a good case can be made for not doing so as well. I hope they don't wait.
    They are in a bit of a problem here. Depending on what they announce they also end up tossing out spoilers for the next raids out come if they do it at Gamescon. If they don't announce it and do an alpha/beta testing we are going to be stuck with a very long final tier yet again. Part of the reason the final tiers end up running so long is the amount of time it takes them to publicly test everything for the next expansion. With the last few expansions feeding into the next one it has only gotten worse. At some point they will need to break the story chain or tip their hand a bit.
    "Privilege is invisible to those who have it."

10+ Year Old Account
    I really hope we hear some news about the next expansion soon. Despite other people seeming to love the expansion, for me it's been the worst by far. Worse than WoD. I've played less than I did in WoD.

I full cleared TOS normal the first night with a pug and then full cleared it again the next 4 weeks with different pugs. I'm 930 ilvl just from pugs/PVP. I have no drive to do Heroic, because the last time I was in a progression guild I burned out faster than ever before. As soon as you're done progressing with Heroic, you get to do wipe on the exact same bosses for the 100th time to get maybe a few more ilvls.

But unfortunately in WoW, raids are increasingly the only content that actually matters to Blizzard. Heroics, PVP, Scenarios, Group Quests, story quests, all got pruned because Blizzard keeps pushing the notion that everything is about raids. Everything you do when you're not raiding, is a stepping stone towards raiding.

I used to love raiding back in BC/WOTLK/Cata because raiding was the END GAME. Not the ONLY GAME.
    Last edited by Pipboi; 2017-08-19 at 04:30 AM.

7+ Year Old Account

They want us to ''No life'' I never laughed so hard So basicly you call no life to log in everyday for 10-15 minutes to do WQ dailies (Maybe more time if you plan on doing every artifact quest), then to log in 2 times a week for 3 hours to raid and get gear + 1 hour max to do weekly +15. How is that no life? Or you're just a casual? :/ And WoD?? Never laughed so hard like now :'D