Page 17 of 23 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by grondik View Post
    Well, actually, just a thought. An expansion should actually.. expand the world. WoD is an addition. MoP is an addition (a better one). So i Legion. Additional zones that.. fit. Theyre not there from the beginning, from the roots of the setting. But Kultiras is. And Northeron is on the maps there. And the dragon isles are. And they can be very well part of the Estern Kingdoms continent now, pretty close to each other. Say, kultiras is west of tirisfal, Northeron between KelThalas and the plaguelands, and dragon isles in between - north of tirisfal. And there wont be the issue of zones being too far apart like back in Cata.
    Well, according to this layout Dragon Isles are just above NPL so that may very well work.

The Unstoppable Force Friendlyimmolation's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    The Dreadfort, or Korriban. You never know.
    Quote Originally Posted by My User Name View Post
    Dev isn't the one asking the question though?
    Dev still answers as if new lore would be made about the two. Which normally only happens if we run into those characters in a new xpac. Aeg is dead and we killed Cho twice.
    Quote Originally Posted by WoWKnight65 View Post
    That's same excuse from you and so many others on this website and your right some of threads do bully high elf fans to a point where they might end up losing their minds to a point of a mass shooting.
    Holy shit lol

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by artam View Post
    Agree, still I'm very curious where this conversation took place, and in what context.
    I tried to do some more digging since my post a page or two back, and yeah, there is absolutely no trace of this AMA/Q&A/interview/whatever it's supposed to be ANYWHERE that isn't a link to those images on imgur or 4chan. No thing itself, no other references to it, nothing linking to any sort of deleted content.

Which basically leaves two options:

1)Everything surrounding this interview was somehow utterly deleted and removed from the internet X-Files style, yet somehow these images have remained untouched. Trust no one!

2)It never happened, and it's fake.

Unless Blizzard hired the Smoking Man, I know which of those options I believe ;p

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Silvator View Post
    Probably once again fake, but it actually sounds plausible and, unlike most obvious fake stuff, there is nothing that can easily be called out to be nonsense.
    While it might not be "easy" as in obvious, the timestamps to me are a dead giveaway, both due to the horrible formatting I mentioned in my previous post, and the fact that this whole thing happened over the course of 6+ hours, was in English, and NEVER during that time showed up on the official forums or a fansite.
    so Warlords of Draenor is /'woɹː.loɹːdz ʌv 'ɖɹæːn.oɹː/.
    I've always loved how in an attempt to make pronunciation through text easier to understand people have created a seemingly alien cypher for which few people without a degree related to language would ever been able to understand.

As someone who has been wanting naga for years i have to say that even though we wouldn't get naga the whole race overhaul and such sounds awesome. If this is true i wouldn't be disapointed

Noting the "Dynamic Lighting" mentioned:

This was a first I've seen of this quality in terms of that. introduced during Nighthold.

Gotta start somewhere. These are actually projected textures, but it's definitely a step towards Dynamic Lighting.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Jurassic4LIFE View Post
    Noting the "Dynamic Lighting" mentioned:

This was a first I've seen of this quality in terms of that. introduced during Nighthold.

Gotta start somewhere. These are actually projected textures, but it's definitely a step towards Dynamic Lighting.
    Technically speaking, "Dynamic Lighting" as such started fairly earlyish in WoD (6.0.2 or 6.0.5 or something like that, was definitely still during Highmaul, because I remember the drastic change in the Butcher's room, the comparison images are probably still archived on this site somewhere, although I have to head to work soon, so don't have time to dig). It was also added to several "Torch" vanilla weapons that always had thrown off some of their own light (Staff of Hale Magefire for example) at this time.

It was obviously in its infancy then, and hasn't really been improved upon in any significant fashion, but it's definitely not a "new feature", and adds yet another nitpicky nail in the coffin of this fake leak.
    I've always loved how in an attempt to make pronunciation through text easier to understand people have created a seemingly alien cypher for which few people without a degree related to language would ever been able to understand.

If I had to vote for the more believable leak, it would be this one. In terms of what the leak entails i mean. It's also the only leak that actually got me excited thus far.
    The thing that raises my suspicions the most is the name honestly. "Shadowfall" doesn't sound like an expansion to me. We'll see.

10+ Year Old Account
    FF14 > WoW. Not an opinion, that's facts.
    Quote Originally Posted by corebit View Post
    WoD being a bad expansion has absolutely zero to do with new race/class.

What's so interesting about a new race anyway? Especially when people are already having a hard time coming up with cool and original races? All I see are the same old tired ideas Vrykul, Naga, and Ogres thrown around lul.

A new class is not going to happen next expansion, so you can forget about it.

Adding a race or class doesn't automatically make an expansion good, and in fact it can even be detrimental to development because complaints about racial/class balance will drown out everything else.

I am much more interested in further customization for existing races and making Worgen/Goblins up to par. The thought of revamping and removing the shit Cataclysm did to all those vanilla zones makes me even happier. So yes, to me this would be a major feature and selling point if they happened next expansion.
    It actually does, a new race / class carries AT LEAST 25% of an expansion, it's a huge fucking feature, sub races aren't going to cover the need of a new class or race. We've not had a new race since MoP which is starting to take a toll, we need something more exciting at this point.

Quote Originally Posted by Kuja View Post
    Oh yay, another zero poster posts a leak.

Some of those answers are definitely not from a blizzard employee. And I highly doubt a gnome racial quest would take them back to Gnomeregan. That place is old and visited a thousand times.

And where were these questions asked? Anyone one of those anons (That has more than 1 post?)
    "a thousand times" you mean once during your opening chain? Or twice if you count the pre-cata event.

Quote Originally Posted by Zyky View Post
    "a thousand times" you mean once during your opening chain? Or twice if you count the pre-cata event.
    And the dungeon...

It's a lot of times, but I still think they would take us there, because gnomes literally have no more places relevant to their plot as a race. And if race was as important as class was to legion, I imagine they'd want to give every race a capital.

Quote Originally Posted by Ryuda View Post
    Technically speaking, "Dynamic Lighting" as such started fairly earlyish in WoD (6.0.2 or 6.0.5 or something like that, was definitely still during Highmaul, because I remember the drastic change in the Butcher's room, the comparison images are probably still archived on this site somewhere, although I have to head to work soon, so don't have time to dig). It was also added to several "Torch" vanilla weapons that always had thrown off some of their own light (Staff of Hale Magefire for example) at this time.

It was obviously in its infancy then, and hasn't really been improved upon in any significant fashion, but it's definitely not a "new feature", and adds yet another nitpicky nail in the coffin of this fake leak.
    Yea it does seem kinda wishy washy. That's why I dug this picture up. I was just talking to someone about how we've had the Dynamic Shadows since Wrath, and a lot of people might already consider THAT dynamic lighting.

The new lighting affects in WoD don't cast shadows though, so perhaps that's what's implied. As well as environmental hue changes depending on the time of day being more increased.

As well as this: The new lighting in WoD makes this part of Deepholm look nuts. I really quite like the effects here, and I'd like to see Daylight look more like this when the sun hits you. This is actually like.. Probably not intentional? It wasn't like this UNTIL WoD, so it's kind of a glitch

Again, perhaps this is the implication: That the Sun starts emmiting the WoD-like Dynamic Lighting, WITH Dynamic Shadows.

Edit: After all.. It's called... Shadowfall
    Last edited by elderu; 2017-08-19 at 01:16 AM.

You know what? Sure, I'll buy this one. Call it a hunch.
    Last edited by Nize; 2017-08-19 at 01:19 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Jurassic4LIFE View Post
    Yea it does seem kinda wishy washy. That's why I dug this picture up. I was just talking to someone about how we've had the Dynamic Shadows since Wrath, and a lot of people might already consider THAT dynamic lighting.

The new lighting affects in WoD don't cast shadows though, so perhaps that's what's implied. As well as environmental hue changes depending on the time of day being more increased.

As well as this: The new lighting in WoD makes this part of Deepholm look nuts. I really quite like the effects here, and I'd like to see Daylight look more like this when the sun hits you. This is actually like.. Probably not intentional? It wasn't like this UNTIL WoD, so it's kind of a glitch

[SNIPPED PICTURES]

Again, perhaps this is the implication: That the Sun starts emmiting the WoD-like Dynamic Lighting, WITH Dynamic Shadows.
    Yeah, I definitely think the Dynamic lighting could be expanded on, and probably will at some point, but yeah, I'm still fairly certain that this is fake (if for no other reason than that it literally doesn't exist anywhere on the internet, not even so much as a dead link pointing to it)

Quote Originally Posted by Hugnomo View Post
    And the dungeon...

It's a lot of times, but I still think they would take us there, because gnomes literally have no more places relevant to their plot as a race. And if race was as important as class was to legion, I imagine they'd want to give every race a capital.
    Lore wise you go to the dungeon ONCE and some people don't even do that. From story perspective taking back/decontaminating your home? I could see no greater chain for Gnomes.

From over on SoL. Omacron has pretty close ties with Micky.

http://www.scrollsoflore.com/forums/...ostcount=12159

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Bjoramier of Lordaeron View Post
    Yeah no, sounds too good to be true.
    This. My dad always said if something's too good to be true, odds are good it is.

Although I do like what I'm seeing, if true. Cross-faction chat enabled on RP realms is going to be awesome for my friends and I. Racial campaigns and catching us up to speed on what's been going on in Kalimdor/Eastern Kingdoms, and advancing those stories, is something I really feel every expansion should make some time for, to keep things tied into the world rather than everything be sequestered off into its own little corner.
    Be seeing you guys on Bloodsail Buccaneers NA!

Deleted
    If they want to add anything to the player models, it must be different body types or subraces. New hairstyles and scars ... that's nothing.

- - - Updated - - -

Yeah no, sounds too good to be true.
    Sounds like the worst expansion leak so far. Dunno where you see the good part.

3 new battle grounds, new race customization, cross faction lanuage barrier gone, dynamic lighting, revamp, all characters involved, race campaigns and burning crusade race intros updated.

Sounds too good to be true... BUT there was 2 parts proven to be correct.
    3 new battlegrounds? Sure if you like PvP it sounds great.
    New race customization is actually great for everyone.
    Cross faction language barrier only for RP servers is gone, not that it matters anyways as this is insignificant feature to begin with.
    Dynamic lighting sounds interesting, but shouldn't be considered a selling point feature of an expansion
    Revamp sounds good if done properly.
    Race campaigns sounds awesome as well.
    Burning Crusade race intros should be considered QoL change and not an expansion selling point, AGAIN. It should've been done way back in Cataclysm.

It's not that great, mate. Average sounds better.
    Add another race in the mix or perhaps class (but since we got DH it should be a race) and I can considered it above average to good.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Deventh View Post
    Cross faction language barrier only for RP servers is gone, not that it matters anyways as this is insignificant feature to begin with.
    Dynamic lighting sounds interesting, but shouldn't be considered a selling point feature of an expansion
    Burning Crusade race intros should be considered QoL change and not an expansion selling point, AGAIN. It should've been done way back in Cataclysm.

Add another race in the mix or perhaps class (but since we got DH it should be a race) and I can considered it above average to good.
    I haven't PvPed hardcore since Cataclysm due to how broken Monks were in MoP in Arena it made me quit and the fact that we haven't gotten new BG's for over 5 years is quite pathetic. It's about time for some new Battlegrounds like seriously, to be quite frank they need to really come up with new gameplay mode for PvP not just a battlegrounds imo

Quote Originally Posted by Deventh View Post

If the expanded race customization included subraces, with each race campaign introducing them and stuff, that would be more than a new race.
    A new race is a cosmetic with a starting zone. You'd get that times 13.
    The leak said no subraces though right? I really wish we'd get them.