Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Wow, are you fucking assuming their gender!?
    "It's time to kick ass and chew bubblegum... and I'm all outta ass."

I'm a British gay Muslim Pakistani American citizen, ask me how that works! (terribly)

Deleted
    Stop projecting your degenerate fetishes into video games.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Forsake View Post
    isnt chromie a male dragon? and he/she identifies as a female gnome so that's what they appear as. chromie's full name (chronormu) is a male name.
    chromie is a female, however her draconic name does in fact fit the nomenclature for male bronze dragons, which is one of the oddities about her, also as far as is known she is the only dragon to take on the guise of a gnome, for bronze dragons males end their names in 'ormu' whereas females end their names in 'ormi' with chromie's draconic name being chornormu it's easy to see why there is some confusion.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kaleredar View Post
    Never seen a dragon transform into anything other than their gender while in humanoid form.

And seeing as humanoids can be in relationships with dragons (like Jaina and kalecgos) I presume that they maintain their... business parts... when transforming. Otherwise that probably wouldn't be a very meaningful relationship in the long run.
    Jaina enjoys getting wrecked. Would have been cool to see an offspring from them but since dragons are effectively sterile now no chance of that happening.
    "It's time to kick ass and chew bubblegum... and I'm all outta ass."

I'm a British gay Muslim Pakistani American citizen, ask me how that works! (terribly)

why does it matter

Quote Originally Posted by Utigarde View Post
    Dragons are probably gender-fluid, yes. Or at least, some of them are, just like humans. Being able to actually create your own humanoid body probably helps.
    Considering "gender-fluid" is some liberal progressive horseshit that is no way a real thing, no. Dragons are either male or female, just like in real life. Biological/physiological realities > feelings and projections.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by rogoth View Post
    chromie is a female, however her draconic name does in fact fit the nomenclature for male bronze dragons, which is one of the oddities about her, also as far as is known she is the only dragon to take on the guise of a gnome, for bronze dragons males end their names in 'ormu' whereas females end their names in 'ormi' with chromie's draconic name being chornormu it's easy to see why there is some confusion.
    There are a couple of dragons that use a gnome as their chosen disguise.
    “Do not lose time on daily trivialities. Do not dwell on petty detail. For all of these things melt away and drift apart within the obscure traffic of time. Live well and live broadly. You are alive and living now. Now is the envy of all of the dead.” ~ Emily3, World of Tomorrow
    Quote Originally Posted by Wells View Post
    Kaleredar is right...
    Words to live by.

Quote Originally Posted by Radaney View Post
    Chromie is female.

Dragons don't particularly have male/female names. Different coloured dragonflights just tend to have different affixes.

Bronze have 'normu', Red have 'asz(a)' etc.
    While bronze dragons have the ormu suffix on their name, ormu itself is the masculine form of the name, only male dragons are seen to have the suffix ormu on their names, female bronze drakes have ormi, like Zidormi, the female bronze drake that lets players view events such as theramore pre-fall. Chromie's name ends with the masculine ormu, yet we only ever see her present as a female gnome.

Don't Dragons only transform into their gender of any race they want.

Never seen an example of otherwise.
    Chromie is male, or at least uses the male naming convention for dragons. His name is Chronormu. If he was female he'd be Chronormi. But his form is that of a female gnome.

Ha, AllyCat beat me to it.

Quote Originally Posted by Forsake View Post
    isnt chromie a male dragon? and he/she identifies as a female gnome so that's what they appear as. chromie's full name (chronormu) is a male name.
    Chromie is a female dragon with a male name.

https://wow.gamepedia.com/Chronormu

Quote Originally Posted by AllyCat View Post
    While bronze dragons have the ormu suffix on their name, ormu itself is the masculine form of the name, only male dragons are seen to have the suffix ormu on their names, female bronze drakes have ormi, like Zidormi, the female bronze drake that lets players view events such as theramore pre-fall. Chromie's name ends with the masculine ormu, yet we only ever see her present as a female gnome.
    She outright states in HotS that Chronormu is not a male name, and that we don't understand dragon culture.

10+ Year Old Account
    Dragons themselves are not, but they can change into men or women of different races to blend it. Regardless, that doesn't mean they're "transgender". I don't think applying Tumblr Logic to aspects of a fantasy video games works...
    ON WEDNESDAYS WE WEAR PINK

Quote Originally Posted by Utigarde View Post
    She outright states in HotS that Chronormu is not a male name, and that we don't understand dragon culture.
    Is HotS even canon though?

Quote Originally Posted by AllyCat View Post
    Is HotS even canon though?
    The characters and what they say are, yes.

they seem to be cisgender.

they're born male or female, and so far they have all stuck with that birth gender.

10+ Year Old Account
    There's also that dragon disguised as an orc in the Caverns of Time with a male model but a female voice.

Figure out what that means.

Quote Originally Posted by trrujkgklg View Post
    If by gender you mean can a male dragon lay eggs then i dont think so otherwise why would deathwing need Sinestra?
    Hold up, someone that knows there's a difference between sex and gender? Too much logic for these forums. :O lol But nah, @OP haven't seen evidence yet of dragons transformorming into the opposite sex.

Quote Originally Posted by Golden Yak View Post
    There's also that dragon disguised as an orc in the Caverns of Time with a male model but a female voice.

Way back in the day most npcs you spoke to would have some flavor text when you spoke to them, and then you'd have the option to buy from them, repair, or pick up quests. Somewhere in BC they decided that people didn't give a shit about lore and made it so if an npc only had one function, like a vendor, it would skip the flavor text and go right to the vendor screen. Tracked him down. His name is Galgrom. Here's what he used to say.

"Hail to you, <race>. What I am doing here is a story for another time. Oof, that was a bad one.

My brother and I are stuck here, between our time and the present.
    We dare not leave for fear of causing a temporal paradox.
    Patiently we wait until the dragons restore us to our proper timeline.

How long has it been you ask? I'm not sure really. Ask my brother.

Care for some cheese?"

His brother is Bortega, the poison and reagents vendor. He says the following.

"No, you aren't hearing things. I actually do have the voice of a young orc woman. But you listen here, [gender], time travel does strange things to a body.

By the way, it's 250 years."

So basically we have 2 orc brothers who got caught in some temporal shenanigans and have been stuck in the Caverns of Time with the voices of females for over 250 years while they wait for the bronzes to fix whatever's wrong so they can be returned home. Yet another piece of flavor for a very weird place.

Quote Originally Posted by Golden Yak View Post

well that would be an otherkin first off. they would identify as something that is partially or completely not their species. if someone has a male body but a female voice, they could be just feminine or they could be gender fluid, agender, or transgender. they could also be bigender, though i find that highly unlikely.

- - - Updated - - -

Chromie is female.

Dragons don't particularly have male/female names. Different coloured dragonflights just tend to have different affixes.

Bronze have 'normu', Red have 'asz(a)' etc.
    never knew this, thanks
    change can't wait.

Don't Dragons only transform into their gender of any race they want.

Never seen an example of otherwise.
    Chormie's been theorised that she is in fact a male, a transgender.