Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Its been alright, but theres a loooootta "one and dones" people are gonna beat and never touch again this year.

Quote Originally Posted by dope_danny View Post
    Its been alright, but theres a loooootta "one and dones" people are gonna beat and never touch again this year.
    There is a lot of those in every single year. Your average gamer probably doesn't replay single player games regardless of how good they are.

The great single player games we got this year are incredible in length though. Yakuza 0, Nier, Persona 5, Zelda, Nioh are all games that people get 50-100+ hours out of just completing the main story once. They all also have reasons to continue playing for a bit more after beating the stories as well.

People are seriously sleeping on what 2017 has meant to the gaming industry. Nintendo returning in a big way, the JRPG taking a large spot light once again, Crash Sonic and Mario all back in big ways in the spotlight(lets be honest. SMO is not going to disappoint and will likely dethrone Zelda for most GOTY awards), PUBG taking the internet by storm and dethroning CSGO and LOL as the most active game on twitch outside of tournament days. The return of the fighting game genre, SF is obviously still king of competitive but Tekken 7 and Injustice 2 sold in very large amounts and have had great viewership for events on twitch. We still have Marvel Infinite to release to which in their last trailer actually is starting to look good.

2017 will go down as one of the most important years in gaming history. Anyone arguing otherwise must be mad they didn't have enough generic shooter releases to play yet this year(don't worry they're coming in holiday season as always! yawn).

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tech614 View Post
    There is a lot of those in every single year. Your average gamer probably doesn't replay single player games regardless of how good they are.

The great single player games we got this year are incredible in length though. Yakuza 0, Nier, Persona 5, Zelda, Nioh are all games that people get 50-100+ hours out of just completing the main story once. They all also have reasons to continue playing for a bit more after beating the stories as well.

People are seriously sleeping on what 2017 has meant to the gaming industry. Nintendo returning in a big way, the JRPG taking a large spot light once again, Crash Sonic and Mario all back in big ways in the spotlight(lets be honest. SMO is not going to disappoint and will likely dethrone Zelda for most GOTY awards), PUBG taking the internet by storm and dethroning CSGO and LOL as the most active game on twitch outside of tournament days. The return of the fighting game genre, SF is obviously still king of competitive but Tekken 7 and Injustice 2 sold in very large amounts and have had great viewership for events on twitch. We still have Marvel Infinite to release to which in their last trailer actually is starting to look good.

2017 will go down as one of the most important years in gaming history. Anyone arguing otherwise must be mad they didn't have enough generic shooter releases to play yet this year(don't worry they're coming in holiday season as always! yawn).
    yeah but tech, xenoblade 2 ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh hhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

10+ Year Old Account

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by GennGreymane View Post
    Fuckin clickbait. Aside from stormblood, i haven't played a 2017 game since persona 5 in april because there's just been nothing. Only actual casuals think they need to play aaa garbage to stay relevant. The next new game im playing is ys and mary skelter. And I've been playing pokemon crystal and white.
    Last edited by Video Games; 2017-08-19 at 05:26 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Not really.

Been playing games for 2 decades and some games I would put in my top 10 overall have come out this year. This sounds more like arrogance then fact.

I see a common theme with people saying this year is bad, they don't mention PS4 and Switch games. Meaning they probably don't own a PS4 of Switch when most of the good content has been exclusive to them.

Short story, don't limit yourself and play on all platforms before you try to judge a year. If I only played on PC then yea this year would be pretty meh with basically only Nier and Prey.

No offense but there is different between starting playing at ps1 era to someone who was playing since 80s NES or master system console era I don't try to be arrogant or anything like that. I am not talking about myself here only but in general. And when I say playing I mean super hardcore playing video games like 12+ hours straight everyday in a week. Then over the years after 35 or 37 years straight of hardcore gaming your taste when it comes to video games will change automatically because you tasted sooooo many games and you got a lot of experience then you will find yourself picky and not everything impress you. You will start to predict stories and plots because of how many games you play over the years.

I am not trying to be arrogant here or trying to offend you nope sorry if it sounds like that but I am just talking about how your taste of gaming will change automatically over the year your expectation will change over the year not because you wanted it to be but because how many years and games you played.

Quote Originally Posted by Velshin View Post
    No offense but there is different between starting playing at ps1 era to someone who was playing since 80s NES or master system console era I don't try to be arrogant or anything like that.
    Please, I'm 32. My first system was a fucking NES. Get the fuck out of here, I don't hold childhood memories like some unbeatable nostalgia because tbh there is only a handful of games from the NES/MS even relevant and they're all made by the same handful of developers.

Get out of here with this "back in my day logic" games are as good now as they ever where. Stop trying to tell the "youngins" about your glory days. Nobody cares about your false nostalgia, there is only a handful of games from the NES/MS era that are even relevant to how gaming progressed and it really didn't start making meaningful games until the 16 bit era. If the truth hurts, my apologies.

You're not telling me about how my tastes in gaming changes over time. My taste in gaming has never shrunk, if anything it has only grown over time.

10+ Year Old Account
    There is nothing glory to be talking about I don't get it why are you this mad when I simply commented on something you said it yourself you said that you been playing for two decades which is 20 years from now which means something like 1997 and this was PS1 era I simply said there is a different taste between a player who been playing since that era than another one who been playing since way long before that nothing aout glory days or nostalgia or my days were better than yours or any of these nonsense.
    Last edited by Velshin; 2017-08-19 at 06:17 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Velshin View Post
    First of all no need to be rude ok?
    Coming from the dude that tried to condescendingly talk to someone like they're a kid with the "you don't understand how your tastes will change". Yea sure thing. I think we're done right after that line. Have fun hating gaming.

10+ Year Old Account
    Go home, you're drunk. Most of games this year released are crap and you don't realize it, because you support greedy corporations.

10+ Year Old Account
    Coming from the dude that tried to condescendingly talk to someone like they're a kid with the "you don't understand how your tastes will change". Yea sure thing. I think we're done right after that line. Have fun hating gaming.
    I never hate games man what the hell are you talking about really? hell I still play a lot of videos games even now really I just don't get it what the hell is wrong with your anger management and throwing personal insults never help if you want a good discussion maybe stop the god damn personal insults?

I will give you a simple example you played the witcher 3 right? and how epic and master piece it is right? ok let us say few years has passed then you suddenly heard about an awesome big open world medievel RPG and suddenly you heard about it from your family and close friends that the game is amazing then automatically in your mind you get the impression and say "wow this game seems very popular and good I may have to check it out and if they are right about it being super good and open world RPG then I expect it to be at least as good as Witcher 3 if not better."

if anything less than that even if the game was good then yeah no good because you were expecting something like Witcher 3 or better. This is just an example of course I hope you understand my point now and stop it with the personal insults. I still love gaming and I play like hell having a blast with the Trails of legend series and cold steel afterward playing them. :P
    Last edited by Velshin; 2017-08-19 at 06:59 AM.

The Unstoppable Force
    15+ Year Old Account
    Where Thrall and the Horde needs me to be
    I don't think a single game I've bought this year, has been a game released in 2017...

Amazing sig, done by mighty Lokann

Bought Prey and it was good. All the other games which were released this year were pretty meh at best it was a mediocre year for games.

I have had an absolute blast with 2017 releases, granted almost all of them are console games so I can see why people who still go hard on "anything but PC is dumb" might not be overly excited about 2017.

But seriously, Horizon: Zero Dawn, Nier: Automata and Persona 5 are some of the best games I have ever played and they all came out within the first 6 months of 2017. I havent played Zelda: BotW but that game has gotten serious praise as well. Different tastes for different folks of course, but stating that 2017 has been bad for gaming is an outright lie.

I actually haven't found one that I consider that great yet. I enjoyed the shit out of ME but it had no lasting power.

I want a modern MMO that doesn't suck donkey balls, but that market is dying. Wows gameplay needs a serious overhaul imo. It LOOKS prettier but the gameplay doesn't really do it for me anymore.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Muh View Post
    Bought Prey and it was good. All the other games which were released this year were pretty meh at best it was a mediocre year for games.
    For me personally between 2015, and 2016, and 2017 I think 2015 was the best of these years for me personally because of the Witcher 3 and Bloodborne and for others I guess because of Metal Gear Phantom's pain (I didn't like it much to be honest but I can understand a lot of players love it).

10+ Year Old Account
    2017 has been okay and just that, though mario hasn't come yet, I'm betting on it as the best game of 2017 (as much as I love zelda I think it got over estimated based on the legacy and prestige of the series)

We're in an excellent era for gaming right now. Year by year new titles keep coming out that leap into my top ten of all time. What with indies doing smaller, more focused games, mid-sized studios working on cool new ideas with modest budgets, crowdfunding resurrecting a bunch of dead genres and old classics, and AAA studios continuing to put out the biggest and flashiest stuff, I think gaming has never been as rich and interesting as it is in 2017. Given the way things are going I'm sure it'll only continue to improve in the foreseeable future.

My personal favourite of 2017 thus far has been Hollow Knight. It's easily up there in my top two or three. I've just started on Breath of the Wild as well, and that's been a delightful experience thus far. Slime Rancher is also another game I've heard great things about and very much look forward to playing soon.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Wondercrab View Post
    We're in an excellent era for gaming right now. Year by year new titles keep coming out that leap into my top ten of all time. What with indies doing smaller, more focused games, mid-sized studios working on cool new ideas with modest budgets, crowdfunding resurrecting a bunch of dead genres and old classics, and AAA studios continuing to put out the biggest and flashiest stuff, I think gaming has never been as rich and interesting as it is in 2017. Given the way things are going I'm sure it'll only continue to improve in the foreseeable future.

My personal favourite of 2017 thus far has been Hollow Knight. It's easily up there in my top two or three. I've just started on Breath of the Wild as well, and that's been a delightful experience thus far. Slime Rancher is also another game I've heard great things about and very much look forward to playing soon.
    Indeed Hollow Knight is amazing not as good as Ori and the Blind forest but still very good game and I enjoy it so much.

Herald of the Titans OnlineSamantha's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    I mean it's been okay. Horizon Zero Dawn was okay, Resident Evil 7 was good. Prey was good. Andromeda was pure shit. Nioh was okay. I haven't played Breath of the Wild, Injustice 2, Crash Bandicoot, Gravity Rush 2 or Nier yet, but they're good from what I've heard. It's also important to note that we haven't even entered the period when all the big releases happen. We still have Super Mario Odyssey, Crackdown 3 (please be good), South Park (please be good), AC: Origins (please be good!), Wolfenstein 2, and Mario + Rabbids in store for this year, barring any delays.

Edit: Forgot about Hollow Knight. That was also great.
    Quote Originally Posted by Trumpresident View Post
    My words exactly. Manufacturing in the US is considerably more expensive than elsewhere, and part of that are savage regulations such as environment protection or minimum wages.
    Quote Originally Posted by Thunderaan View Post
    Saying that Wilson is a racist murderer is the same level of conspiracy as saying Sandy Hook didn't happen and the parents are in on it.
    I don't post that often, and when I do it's often in bursts. I always lurk though.