Quote Originally Posted by Gallahadd View Post
    Worth noting, out of the members of the Fellowship of Cunts: Jon was using Valyrian Steel, Jorah was using Dragonglass, Thoros was using a flaming weapon and The Hound was using something I couldn't see, but looked fairly dark and could easily have been Dragonglass.

So... Yeah, they were all using weapons with known Anti Wight properties... I mean, this was a small group going north with the sole purpose of picking a fight with a bunch of undead... It's not a huge stretch to think they came prepared.
    The Hound at one point makes a point of putting away Gendry's warhammer for what looked like a small hatchet, so I have to assume that that was because the hatchet was dragonglass.

15+ Year Old Account
    My friend sent me this today. Pretty perfect summary of my feelings for this show:

"I've illustrated the pacing of my favorite tv show"

Quote Originally Posted by Kathranis View Post
    Snip
    Simple yet effective. I like it.

Disappointing really. The show could have been looked back on like The Wire in years to come. Instead it will be looked back on like Lost.

Just a reminder theres only 7 episodes left to end the entire series

10+ Year Old Account
    Ha, pretty spot on.

Soooo where's Euron, by the way? Maybe part of Cersei's 'trap'?

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by RobertoCarlos View Post
    The show could have been looked back on like The Wire in years to come.
    Well, season 5 of The Wire is pretty widely considered a disappointment due to the show abandoning a lot of its realism.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Lollis View Post
    Having to drag yourself through Daenerys dirge to get to the interesting Arya/Arianne/Jon/Jaime POVs was probably the most difficult part of reading any of the books.
    I suppose every series has that character, huh? The PoV you dread reading.

At least Dany isn't as bad as Egwene was from WoT...

10+ Year Old Account
    I had a feeling thier boat discussion would be kinda cringe and it was. The Jon and Dany dynamic just feels off to me, but that's probably not a popular opinion, so whatever. The encounter with the army was fun atleast, at this point I'll just look past the ass pulls.

Quote Originally Posted by Shampro View Post
    I had a feeling thier boat discussion would be kinda cringe and it was. The Jon and Dany dynamic just feels off to me, but that's probably not a popular opinion, so whatever. The encounter with the army was fun atleast, at this point I'll just look past the ass pulls.
    JS: I'm sorry...Im so sorry....*Holds her hand* I wish I could take it back, I wish we'd never gone...

DT: I dont...if we hadnt had gone I wouldnt have seen...you have to see it to know...and now I know. The dragons are my children, their the only children Ill ever have..do you understand? *Jon Knods his head* *Dany suddenly angry* We are going to destroy the Night king and his army We'll do it together you have my word.

JS: Thank you dany

DT: Dany? Who was the last person that called me that....Im not sure was it my brother? mm not the company you want to keep.

JS: Alright...Not dany...how about my queen....Id um bend the knee but..

DT: What about those that swore allegiance to you

JS:They'll come to see you for what you are *heavy breathing from dany* *holds hands again*

DT: I hope I deserve it

JS: You do....

Me: *Barf*

Maybe Cersei will kill everyone at the negotiation and things will be interesting.

I know, I know, it's not going to happen.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by The Black Widow View Post
    I'm sure the bitch will try something. The only question is, what?
    So they show her the wight. The mountain hacks it up, and it keeps coming. Jon bops it.

Cersei is genuinely scared, so they all agree to to fight the undead. Jon Dany and whoever else charges off north to get ready, Cersei has agreed to send troops but she delays them, planning to kill everyone after the dead have weakened them, and then kill the dead too. Jamie sees that the troops aren't going anywhere, and is like fuck this, and goes to fight with Jon Dany and the fun gang.

And those are the spoilers ive read. I think.

Big money went on Cersei being on the throne at the end of the series at the bookies.

Deleted
    Just for the sake of clarification because I cba looking it up.

Who actually knows who Jon Snow really is and about his claim to the throne ?

I can only remember Brann at this point, and that is assuming he heard what Lyanna told Ned. Ofc Gilly tells the audience about Rhaegar and Lyanna, but I don't think anyone actually is there to tell Jon in the end.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by raiziee View Post

Who actually knows who Jon Snow really is and about his claim to the throne ?

I can only remember Brann at this point, and that is assuming he heard what Lyanna told Ned. Ofc Gilly tells the audience about Rhaegar and Lyanna, but I don't think anyone actually is there to tell Jon in the end.
    Sam knows Rhaegar had his marriage annuled and married someone else at the same time altho he didnt realy pay attention to it and Brann knows Jon is Lyanna's son, but im sure there are a vew people that know like Howland Reed for example he was at the tower of joy with Ned.
    - Vanilla was legitimately bad; we just didn't know any better at the time - SirCowDog

So, any theories on how exactly the Night King and his army can be beaten? Up till now we've been all like 3 dragons = omgwtfpwn zombie army, but the Night King pretty much one-shot a dragon. So it looks like dragons are not going to be the ultimate trump card, especially since the NK now has basically a frost wyrm and could probably one-shot the other two if he gets the chance. Even the Dothraki don't really stand a chance against an undead swarm, not when every time one falls, he/she joins the undead ranks.

Westeros is kind of screwed even if the seven kingdoms unites and mine the shit out of the dragon glass...assuming the Night King and the other white walkers aren't dumb enough to be on the front lines and let their shock troops do their swarming.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Kathranis View Post
    Well, season 5 of The Wire is pretty widely considered a disappointment due to the show abandoning a lot of its realism.
    I still maintain that if you want an example of a television show that was damn near perfect (not totally perfect, but as close as any other recent show has gotten), nothing gets closer than Breaking Bad. Breaking Bad is probably the best drama of the past 20 years. No season was bad. The writing was tight. The acting was top notch. The story was amazing. Breaking Bad set a bar that I don't think anyone has topped.

Quote Originally Posted by jimboa24 View Post
    So, any theories on how exactly the Night King and his army can be beaten? Up till now we've been all like 3 dragons = omgwtfpwn zombie army, but the Night King pretty much one-shot a dragon. So it looks like dragons are not going to be the ultimate trump card, especially since the NK now has basically a frost wyrm and could probably one-shot the other two if he gets the chance. Even the Dothraki don't really stand a chance against an undead swarm, not when every time one falls, he/she joins the undead ranks.

Westeros is kind of screwed even if the seven kingdoms unites and mine the shit out of the dragon glass...assuming the Night King and the other white walkers aren't dumb enough to be on the front lines and let their shock troops do their swarming.
    I guess the end game will be just to destroy the NK and his main lieutenants. I kind of imagine the ending similar to Harry Potter tbh... Jon kind of dying, KL in panic, main characters (whats left of them) in throne room, then Jon suddenly lives again (ressurected by the lord of light), duels NK and destroys him for good. Everyone cheers and Jon becomes the king of the seven kingdoms. At this point I guess everyone can see the general direction in the story (at least in the show, didnt read the books) - Jon is just too white. Like, he NEVER has bad intentions, he never does bad, and even if he makes a mistake its while trying to do something good.

Btw, travelling by a ship is dangerous nowadays, especially it being only one. Whats with Euron?

The Unstoppable Force Elim Garak's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by keymil View Post
    Btw, travelling by a ship is dangerous nowadays, especially it being only one. Whats with Euron?
    "Dem dragons scary."
    All right, gentleperchildren, let's review. The year is 2024 - that's two-zero-two-four, as in the 21st Century's perfect vision - and I am sorry to say the world has become a pussy-whipped, Brady Bunch version of itself, run by a bunch of still-masked clots ridden infertile senile sissies who want the Last Ukrainian to die so they can get on with the War on China, with some middle-eastern genocide on the side

So Cersei has an undead monstrosity as her bodyguard, but somehow a sack of bones will scare her into an alliance with people she regards as traitors?

Is anyone kind of disappointed in where the show is going? I still love it but I personally liked when it was all about politics and scheming, when we'd have brilliant characters around. Aswell as the acting, now it seems very flat and characters lack soul..

We always knew WW's were eventually going to hog up screentime, but I wish it didn't come so fast with Danys invasion. I was hoping for a full blown war, but now it seems the WW's are going to take over the story completely. I guess I'm just not ready for this WW chapter and would have liked for things to be tied up. But now with the dragon it seems like we're an episode away from a full on Army of the Dead invasion.

At this point i'm okay with us going to Dorne. I loved that place because of the beautiful scenary. I'm over the snow already =(
    They rushed everything in the worst way possible. What could be a major event, like the naval battle between Greyjoys, the fall of Highgarden... Damn, they could even add some short quick scenes with short dialogues just to reinforce the idea of time in the travels... But now, characters were almost blinking from one point to another.

And of course, while some characters were solving crysis after crisis in a matter of minutes between them, others were trapped in the same loop of boredom (Sansa, Arya, Littlefinger and everyone in Winterfell). Even Cersei, plotting against her own shadow was left in the same situation.

And as a book reader, the only mention of Dorne makes me cringe.

The last episode ended in a good way, but I hate how the events were poorly presented until they lead to the deus ex machina.

Quote Originally Posted by Acidz View Post
    So Cersei has an undead monstrosity as her bodyguard, but somehow a sack of bones will scare her into an alliance with people she regards as traitors?
    I see Qyburn beeing more a scientist than a necromancer, therefore Gregor Clegane is more like a monster of Frankenstein than a wight. That alone cannot answer how she will be terrified, since both are a manifestation of the undeath. Let's wait and see.

By the way, the show came a long way just to capture a still animated wight, houses have fallen and thousands died just to end a season in a fucking truce? Damn, watching the series only makes the waiting for TWoW more unpleasant. I want the real deal, and not the fan service crap the show gives.

Come on, Martin, finish the damn book!
    Last edited by toxicrusader; 2017-08-19 at 02:00 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Is anyone kind of disappointed in where the show is going? I still love it but I personally liked when it was all about politics and scheming, when we'd have brilliant characters around. Aswell as the acting, now it seems very flat and characters lack soul..

We always knew WW's were eventually going to hog up screentime, but I wish it didn't come so fast with Danys invasion. I was hoping for a full blown war, but now it seems the WW's are going to take over the story completely. I guess I'm just not ready for this WW chapter and would have liked for things to be tied up. But now with the dragon it seems like we're an episode away from a full on Army of the Dead invasion.

At this point i'm okay with us going to Dorne. I loved that place because of the beautiful scenary. I'm over the snow already =(
    This is where the books are going too. It's clear that the books are against war and monarchy, hereditary lines. You have all these houses squabbling over a throne and destroying each other while the real danger is beyond the Wall and threatening all the living. When the Others attack the Wall, all this petty squabble will lose its importance in the books too. And winter has also begun in the books. So, you better get used to snow.
    "Je vous répondrai par la bouche de mes canons!"

Quote Originally Posted by ctd123 View Post
    So they show her the wight. The mountain hacks it up, and it keeps coming. Jon bops it.

Cersei is genuinely scared, so they all agree to to fight the undead. Jon Dany and whoever else charges off north to get ready, Cersei has agreed to send troops but she delays them, planning to kill everyone after the dead have weakened them, and then kill the dead too. Jamie sees that the troops aren't going anywhere, and is like fuck this, and goes to fight with Jon Dany and the fun gang.

And those are the spoilers ive read. I think.

Big money went on Cersei being on the throne at the end of the series at the bookies.
    I don't know. The plan "show Cersei a zombie to show her zombies exist" seems like one of the worst plans in history. It doesn't prove that there is an ARMY of those things, including the actual White Walkers, it only shows that somewhere feeble and limping creatures might exist.

And even if, this world is filled with unexplained magical shit. Jon shows Cersei a zombie, she will just look at it for a second, and say "an entire army was just burned to death by a fucking DRAGON, and this is what I should be concerned about?

Lastly, when Jon will be showing Cersei the one, pathetic zombie, she will most likely be standing next to a giant fucking bodybuilder in armor zombie called the Mountain. She MADE a supermutant zombie, and is supposed to be actually scared of the prospect that zombies might exist?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Fummockelchen View Post
    you talk about REALISM in a world with magic and dragons of a FANTASY show? if you want realism their is reality tv for you....
    within the context of its setting...

Like I said in the one line post you quoted.

Reading is hard mkay?