Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    We should ban everyone on the boards, as we've all probably worn sneakers or clothing, manufactured by child laborers, at some point in our lives.
    /s
    And you could have it all,
    my Empire of Dirt.
    I will let you down,
    I will make you Hurt.

The Unstoppable Force Ghostpanther's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by mayhem008 View Post
    winning doesn't make you not a traitor. He betrayed England.
    They asked for it and deserved it.

If one is going to boycott the America dollar. they should not buy or sell anything in the US, as even use of credit cards and non cash transactions, are backed by the dollar in one way or the other.

Deleted
    Yeah American money is full of illuminaty shit, most don't realize Washington was replaced by Weishaupt very early.

Quote Originally Posted by pathora44 View Post
    I know isn't it crazy how the Democratic party once fought for the right of slave holding a mere 150 years ago. Yet only as little back as 50 years ago Republicans now fight against minority rights and fight only for white male straight Christian ideals and the Democrats now fight for minority rights. Isn't it crazy how things change.
    Ok, let me get this straight, we are talking about presidents from time periods of before the U.S. was even a country to before the Civil War and you are all of a sudden acting like 150 years ago is all of a sudden forever ago?

Yes the Democratic party changed over the past 150 years but given the chance, would those former presidents also have changed their views on slavery if they were still alive? Would members of the conference changed their views? I would like to think that they, like the Democratic party, would have come to terms with the fact that slavery is wrong.

I was not making a dumb Republican statement and going after democrats. I was just pointing out that with time the Democratic party changed and it is only fair to assume that our former presidents as well as members of the Confederacy would have changed as well.

So was George Washington.
    Was he a Confederate? Last I checked no. And for your stupid false analogy...The British don't put Washington on their Pounds.
    Last edited by Mihalik; 2017-08-19 at 02:17 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by lockedout View Post
    He was a racist slave owner.
    And the United States, by and large, has since moved past and condemned the ideas of slavery and white supremacy.

I missed when the confederacy rejected slavery and white supremacy. Probably because they couldn't, because it was created to reinforce said ideas and were subsequently defeated and rendered into obscurity, until a bunch of uppity southerners tired of all the "civil rights" uproar getting in the way of their Jim Crow laws decided that the north (and a good deal of the progressed south) and its ideas of racial equality needed to be brought down a peg.

Washington's legacy is the most powerful country on the planet. The confederacy's legacy is a bunch of guys in hoods running around burning crosses and lynching people. Or rather, now, a bunch of guys running around in khakis carrying tiki torches and hitting dissenters with cars.
    Last edited by Kaleredar; 2017-08-19 at 02:24 AM.
    “Do not lose time on daily trivialities. Do not dwell on petty detail. For all of these things melt away and drift apart within the obscure traffic of time. Live well and live broadly. You are alive and living now. Now is the envy of all of the dead.” ~ Emily3, World of Tomorrow
    Quote Originally Posted by Wells View Post
    Kaleredar is right...
    Words to live by.

Within 20 years hard currency will be a novelty anyways... just give it a bit of time.

Quote Originally Posted by Gemini Soul View Post
    You failed to capture the point by a lot, so take two? Because if you knew what that was about then you would see how relevant it is, if you think it was honor that drove them to do it you are poorly and very sadly mistaken.
    Everyone knows where that poem comes from. And you're just plain wrong. It's irrelevant bullshit.

- - - Updated - - -

They should remove the Washington monument then too.
    It was dumb the first time you said it. It hasn't gotten better through repetition.

Quote Originally Posted by buck008 View Post
    Everyone knows where that poem comes from. And you're just plain wrong. It's irrelevant bullshit.

- - - Updated - - -

It was dumb the first time you said it. It hasn't gotten better through repetition.
    So my argument is irrelevant bullshit because you can't come up with an actual response? lol

Asked and answered.

He has accomplishments beyond his association with slavery that merit his position of honor with the caveat that he was also a racist slave owner. Slippery slope is a fallacy for a reason, folks.

- - - Updated - - -

So my argument is irrelevant bullshit because you can't come up with an actual response? lol
    No, it's irrelevant bullshit because that poem refers to rounding up minorities and dissidents for internment and death. To compare that to removing statues to a less public area is fucking asinine at face value and barely deserves the response you got the first time.

Blackwing Heroine BlackwingHecate's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Uncommon Premium
    Quote Originally Posted by Tyrven View Post
    What an amazingly stupid idea. Also Grant wasn't a slave owner.
    Ah, but is he buried in Grant's Tomb?
    Nostalgia is the hollow remnants of memories long gone.

-Kaito Kumon (Kamen Rider Baron)

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Noomz View Post
    No, because he won.
    And as we know the winners write the history books. Did you know that Colubus was a great hero? It's true cause I read it in a book.

Should the american public be boycotting them at this point?
    Yes, and give it to me. I'll properly dispose of it for everyone.
    Last edited by Vash The Stampede; 2017-08-19 at 02:42 AM.

Hoof Hearted!!!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Neddy View Post
    The Democratic Party has stood for many things, including the right to own slaves, and nobody says anything.
    People tend to forget that Lincoln was a Republican and that most southerners were Democrats during the civil war.
    when all else fails, read the STICKIES.

Quote Originally Posted by Flatspriest View Post
    People tend to forget that Lincoln was a Republican and that most southerners were Democrats during the civil war.
    People tend to forget that because people are mostly ignorant. As an example of that ignorance, people that bring up this fact without acknowledging that the parties essentially swapped ideologies between then and now. Those Democrats are ideologically nearly opposite of today's.

But not a traitor.

Slightly ontopic: if you're going to a different country, stop bringing your American money and expecting us to take it.
    Last edited by Aquinan; 2017-08-19 at 02:46 AM.

Hey there was also a time where being fat and overweight was a sign of wealth, power, and beauty and being skinny was a sign of poverty and weakness. Yet now it is the complete opposite and also it is about as relevant as the usual crap Republicans regurgitate over and over again.

And many current Republican voters view Lincoln as a War Criminal.

Quote Originally Posted by buck008 View Post
    Asked and answered.

He has accomplishments beyond his association with slavery that merit his position of honor with the caveat that he was also a racist slave owner. Slippery slope is a fallacy for a reason, folks.

- - - Updated - - -

No, it's irrelevant bullshit because that poem refers to rounding up minorities and dissidents for internment and death. To compare that to removing statues to a less public area is fucking asinine at face value and barely deserves the response you got the first time.
    Its about killing/destroying out of hate. If its OK for those who hate slavery to destroy a public statue a piece of history then its OK for those who hate immigration to destroy a statue in NY, you know that really big one because hey they hate.

They proved my point because they didn't learn from history, they acted out of hate and rage instead of going about it the right way.

Its about killing/destroying out of hate. If its OK for those who hate slavery to destroy a public statue a piece of history then its OK for those who hate immigration to destroy a statue in NY, you know that really big one because hey they hate.

They proved my point because they didn't learn from history, they acted out of hate and rage instead of going about it the right way.
    Are you honestly, with a straight face, saying that immigration and slavery are equivalent things to hate? Hating one of those things is just as bad as hating the other? For fuck's sake, man.

Also, there's no destruction. The statues aren't being demolished, they are being removed and relocated. Some vandals destroyed statues. That's destruction of property and wrong. But the one who went about it legally? That's fine.