• Yes

385 51.13%
  • No

368 48.87%
Page 11 of 21 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Fummockelchen View Post
    No its the perfect concept to reward people who actually play the game.
    Agreed. Minimal effort was needed to get it. A few days of questing, exploring, and treasure hunting. The rep I needed to "Make up" came from Medallions in the Garrison treasure missions (or from the AH). People just want things handed to them anymore.

Quote Originally Posted by huth View Post
    Well, yes. That makes getting flying in WoD pretty pointless alright. So... where's the problem again?
    Don't be disingenuous, please. :/

Quote Originally Posted by Camthur View Post
    Why are some people supposedly too good to do an achievement all the rest of us grinded out? If they're too lazy to do it, then they don't deserve to fly. They are free to do their leveling on the ground and then move on to Legion content.
    Because that's not the point here. If WoD was still relevant or current content, the point you're making about having to do the same achievement as you would work. But WoD is NOT relevant or current. Therefore neither are the requirements to obtain flying.

As I said earlier in the thread, using your logic, every new character that starts in Legion right now would have to grind out AP at the original, unmodified, super-slow rate that you did at the beginning of the expansion "BECAUSE YOU DID IT THAT WAY". I don't see you campaigning to remove catch-up mechanics in Legion.

This kind of attitude that every player has to do everything everyone else did in every expansion before they're 'worthy' of cool stuff needs to die in a fire. I mean...think about it for a second before your ego kicks in: You're saying that a person who's actions have no effect on you, that wants to fly in content that doesn't matter, should have to spend a bunch of time grinding pointless rep so they can conveniently move around an irrelevant expansion during the leveling process(which is the least important phase of the game).

What. The. Fuck.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Fummockelchen View Post
    No its the perfect concept to reward people who actually play the game.
    Tell me again about the value of the "reward" of being able to fly only after you've already done all the content, and there's virtually nothing of interest left to use flying on? (this gon be gud)

7+ Year Old Account
    If I want the achievement for Loremaster, I have to grind for it. If I want the achievement to unlock flight, I have to grind for it. This is not a difficult concept. Regardless of "relevance", flight is tied to an Achievement.

Who the fuck cares? There's nothing to fly to on Draenor anyways. Dungeons and raids have some sort of shortcut to it anyways. If not, there's such a short walk to it from a flightpath.

Quote Originally Posted by God Among Men View Post
    Ah. Another casual who prefers convenience over achievement. Well, I'll just go ahead and walk away from this conversation. Have a nice day.
    Ok, bye another elitist j. who cares only for highest dps in an mmorpg. Have a nice day too.

Deleted
    Flying is unlocked by doing content... and a bit of rep grind. So do content the way it was designed.

Its not really needed if you just want to rush through Draenor. Without flying leveling is just a bit longer, but not by much.

Quote Originally Posted by Strifeload View Post
    No.

People who got it, is people who supported Legions development(by playing WoD back then or supporting, by investing time getting it now).

Casual 1month players should begone after a quest, they can't handle.
    lol get outa here

Herald of the Titans The Flavour Cat's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Your idea is interesting for flying in future expansions, but the Pathfinder achievement is fine for me. Having to complete the criteria once is fine and beats the boring way of purchasing it from a vendor. Calling it obsolete is weird-why does that mean it should be removed? The Draenor one is easier to get now if you haven't got it already, and Pathfinder achievements should be the way forward-complete the initial content achievements and all characters get to fly. No more buying the skill from a vendor on every character and wasting gold.
    Isn't it ironic how education is important, yet people forget all about it when they visit the internet?

Just remove the rep requirement but keep the rest

Though to me its academic cause i have the achieve and its BOA so i will never have to do it again.

It only needs to be done on one character. Earn that crap like everyone else has. It's old content? So what, now you have more content to do. It's not stopping you in Legion, you can work on it in down time.

They should just make it buyable, it's silly if you have to do it now imo. You'll be missing out on some content if you don't do but some parts of it were pretty aids

I feel like none of the Pathfinder achievements should be locked behind a rep grind, regardless of if they're current content or not. By all means, make the achievements fairly difficult to get (at current content). But artificially locking them behind a reputation grind is boring. They're already time-locked when they were relevant.

That or put in reputation tabards after they're no longer current content. Make it so that ever dungeon mob you kill rewards you with like 5 reputation with the faction's tabard you're wearing. Just something.

Quote Originally Posted by HeiAggra View Post
    No because that was the sistem implemented in those expansions. Like WOD and Legion have pathfinder and will be the next expansions.
    But those weren't the systems during BC, Wrath. Afterword they made flying available in those at the beginning level not the max for those zones.

Quote Originally Posted by SirCowdog View Post
    Because that's not the point here. If WoD was still relevant or current content, the point you're making about having to do the same achievement as you would work. But WoD is NOT relevant or current. Therefore neither are the requirements to obtain flying.
    If you think that WoD content is obsolete and don't want to do it, why do you need flying there? To do content that you don't want to do?
    Also, content being irrelevant is you opinion. You need to do Shathar dailies for nether rays and Netherwing dailies for Netherwing drakes just like people did back in TBC. You need to do argent tournament dailies just like people did back in WotLK, Tol Barad and Molten Front Dailies just like people did back in Cata and MoP dailies in general just like people did back in MoP. Do you think they should unlock rewards for anyone who found vendor now that they're 'irrelevant'?
    Quote Originally Posted by anaxie View Post
    Looking for Raid.
    They never found one though

Quote Originally Posted by Rogalicus View Post
    If you think that WoD content is obsolete and don't want to do it, why do you need flying there?
    I never said I didn't want to do it. I've already done it....back when WoD was current. But that's not the point I was making. Other players might want to do it, or might simply be doing it for the first time. That's all irrelevant. The point is that BLIZZARD doesn't view it as current or relevant, and the entire point of Pathfinder is to restrict and control how CURRENT content is presented and consumed. Pathfinder can not serve that purpose in content which isn't current or relevant.

Quote Originally Posted by Rogalicus View Post
    Also, content being irrelevant is you opinion. You need to do Shathar dailies for nether rays and Netherwing dailies for Netherwing drakes just like people did back in TBC. You need to do argent tournament dailies just like people did back in WotLK, Tol Barad and Molten Front Dailies just like people did back in Cata and MoP dailies in general just like people did back in MoP. Do you think they should unlock rewards for anyone who found vendor now that they're 'irrelevant'?

Do people have to complete TBC-style attunement quests just to enter dungeons and raids? Or did Blizzard remove them because they were no longer serving their purpose? This is not about handing out rewards for free. This is about ensuring that the "rewards" are matched by the relevance and importance of the effort.

The primary argument for maintaining WoD Pathfinder is some form of "Because I had to slog through it so do you!", not because of any actual comparison of the real value of flying, the content, or the amount of effort required to get it. The entire concept of only getting flight when it's virtually useless is mind-boggling.

I actually completely forgot that new/returning players would have this problem.
    But yes, even though I got my flying in WoD when it was still relevant, I do agree the flying restriction should be removed, or at least given the option to be purchased. Cannot see much point of it anymore other than just an annoyance to anyone who has to level from 1-110.

10+ Year Old Account
    WoD was designed to do quests and get around in WITHOUT a flying mount. Flying mount there is a privilege, not a right (unlike the larger zones of the previous expansions).

So no, they shouldn't just give it to you for nearly nothing like they do in previous expansions.
    "It's not what we don't know that gets us into trouble; it's what we know for sure that just ain't so." ~ Mark Twain
    "The time you enjoy wasting is not wasted time" ~ Jesus of Nazareth
    "把它放在我的屁股,爸爸" ~ Dalai Lama

They should rather adress fliying on pandaria, which is not possible for alts atm (there's a tome, yes, please don't tell me; but its not relevant)

Draenor flying is fine, because you have it account wide, and with a new account new players should put in some effort, like everyone did when it was relevant content.

I think it should be just the opposite. If you haven't unlocked flying by now, it's too late.. enjoy the scenery.

I'd only argue to remove a piece of the pathfinder requirement, the one where you need to do every apexis daily thing. Then again, they allow you to purchase every single one of those now.

And for the person who mentioned their friend got to WoD and quit because they couldn't fly right away. . .What were they expecting in Legion? Automatic flight?

And this is coming from someone who always prefers flight. I'm a fan of aerial views/exploration.