Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    Quote Originally Posted by Jester Joe View Post
    Not really a good comparison, since you know, they did give a talent option for those asking for petless hunters for a long time.

And a cosmetic option isn't quite the same as disliking a class itself.
    It is. I can't play Petless BM or Survival right now, and pets are still a very fundamental part of the class. Even during old Lone Wolf, non-pet wasn't all that great in many situations because the utility did not transfer over.

They are asking for Blizzard to fuck over people who play something because they (who don't like that thing) want it to be different so that they'll have something else to play. Whether it is a class or a race doesn't really change much. You're still asking for fundamental changes to people's characters to accommodate your own personal choice.

I am clearly in the minority, but I hated the alpha female worgen models. I hated both alpha models. They looked like apathetic beautified furries. They looked as feral as a baby labrador. I hope they don't turn back into that direction.

Quote Originally Posted by Hitei View Post
    It is. I can't play Petless BM or Survival right now, and pets are still a very fundamental part of the class. Even during old Lone Wolf, non-pet wasn't all that great in many situations because the utility did not transfer over.

They are asking for Blizzard to fuck over people who play something because they (who don't like that thing) want it to be different so that they'll have something else to play. Whether it is a class or a race doesn't really change much. You're still asking for fundamental changes to people's characters to accommodate your own personal choice.
    Except that, again, other races' faces were severely modified AND aesthetics =/= gameplay. A fairer comparison would be how warriors got fucked over by becoming vrykul wannabes instead of grunts, or how BM hunters are "all about nature" while going on some questline to get some thunder-producing titan gun. I honestly couldn't stand the whole BM hunter "Class fantasy" going on and switched mains during legion. I just live with it.

Quote Originally Posted by Hugnomo View Post
    Everyone is always massively complaining about the female worgen model jesus christ, i bet 99% of the people complaining don't even play a female worgen
    Why would they? I mean look at them. What a dog.

The time for them being completely different is long passed. There are plenty of female worgen players around and I don't see Blizzard doing drastic changes because someone *might* make a new alt a female Worgen if they do.
    I like how you followed up something (that you see as) negative with a positive and pass off the positive thing as a negative. Wouldn't the whole point of revamping/updating a race be to try and get people to roll that race? If a race change, that's more money in Blizzard's pocket. They're still a for-profit company who doesn't work for free you know.
    Last edited by Polarthief; 2017-08-19 at 01:34 PM.
    Still wondering why I play this game.
    I'm a Rogue and I also made a spreadsheet for the Order Hall that is updated for BfA.

It probably won't happen, but female Worgen definitely have the strongest case for a scorched-Earth revamp out of any of the player models. Blizz themselves stated back in Cata that the fem Worgen model was a rushed mistake that should never have gone live. Sexual dimorphism is great, but the females look like a completely different species than the males. No eye glow with a permanent unfocused stare, bulging forehead, blunt muzzle, etc. Add to it the broken animations and twisting textures that are present to this day (dislocating shoulders/elbows, mid-animation decapitation, jaws falling out, chest cavity implosion, etc.) and the model is an absolute embarrassment.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Elderahn View Post
    The basic animation skeleton and general posture for the femme worg is already being used by multiple NPCs as well as the player characters themselves, fundamentals like that is incredibly unlikely to be replaced in any greater degree due to how much work goes into silhouette/walk cycle/animation themeing.

When the models get updated, what is going to happen is that they will be HD'd up and have their range of animation increased on the basic structure they already have. Faces will be smoothed out and allowed to emote to modern standards.. and that will be it.
    While I agree that not a whole lot will change, keep in mind that Jinyu, and Mogu use old Draenei and Night Elf animations and those were updated just fine.

Quote Originally Posted by Polarthief View Post
    Wouldn't the whole point of revamping/updating a race be to try and get people to roll that race?
    Not at the expensive of upsetting the people who already like and play that race.

If a race change, that's more money in Blizzard's pocket. They're still a for-profit company who doesn't work for free you know.
    Please. The money generated from race changes is nothing. I would be surprised if anyone who makes decisions even ever sees the metric for that as opposed to the combined metric for all paid services, which is probably still a very minor amount of the game's revenue.

Not at the expensive of upsetting the people who already like and play that race.

Please. The money generated from race changes is nothing. I would be surprised if anyone who makes decisions even ever sees the metric for that as opposed to the combined metric for all paid services, which is probably still a very minor amount of the game's revenue.
    Do you have any source on the paid service statistics? The fact that the service exists at such a high price (when they could certainly get more sales for say, 5$ - I certainly would use it for that) suggests to me that it is in fact a profitable enough service. I am honestly curious as I have no idea about the statistics behind the paid services.

Was there any logical reason why they changed from the alpha models to that ugly thing? I can't really understand it.

Deleted
    They're not going to change the style of the model.

Quote Originally Posted by Elfezen View Post
    Was there any logical reason why they changed from the alpha models to that ugly thing? I can't really understand it.
    People felt they were too furry focused (pretty and not savage enough).

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Haekke View Post
    They're not going to change the style of the model.
    Explain orc faces.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by zlygork View Post
    Explain orc faces.
    Old model barely had any face details.

Quote Originally Posted by Haekke View Post
    Old model barely had any face details.
    Kind of applies to worgen above any other race, don't you think? Old orc model had far more variation in facial expressions, none of which had this elongated tired looking face they all share now.

While i somewhat defended female worgen (because i feel there's some exaggeration in the amount and intensity of the criticism) , I think we can all agree that the male worgen look so much better. They look really cool. They were introduced in cataclysm, and I still think they look really cool even by today's standards. But of course I can't wait for the update to both of them <3

Deleted
    Remake the existing face in HD. Currently every face option is just a different recolour of the same geometry.
    They could add a few completely new faces, different shapes and all. Give us option for all kinds of fur colour, so those who want could recreate their chihuahua as it was before. Add separate options for eye colour, throw in a few more options for facial features and boom, everyone happy.

With all this talk of new character customization I can see this as a way to please everyone.

The Worgen can stay the way they are.

Quote Originally Posted by Gelannerai View Post
    It probably won't happen, but female Worgen definitely have the strongest case for a scorched-Earth revamp out of any of the player models. Blizz themselves stated back in Cata that the fem Worgen model was a rushed mistake that should never have gone live. Sexual dimorphism is great, but the females look like a completely different species than the males. No eye glow with a permanent unfocused stare, bulging forehead, blunt muzzle, etc. Add to it the broken animations and twisting textures that are present to this day (dislocating shoulders/elbows, mid-animation decapitation, jaws falling out, chest cavity implosion, etc.) and the model is an absolute embarrassment.
    Agreed 100%. While the males are bad, the females are just the worst of all race variations...

Elemental Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Hugnomo View Post
    Everyone is always massively complaining about the female worgen model jesus christ, i bet 99% of the people complaining don't even play a female worgen.
    I'm looking forward to an update, obviously, since it looks very outdated compared to the new ones. But I don't think the model warrants half the complains that it gets, and I don't know why it gets singled out so much.
    You know why people dont play them? Because 99% of the people find them ugly.

7+ Year Old Account
    Not only the female, but the males as well. They need to scrap the old models completely if they want them to even be close to being as much as 'barely' tolerable to look at, which is a mile-high bar compared to what we have right now.
    Worgen hard, or hardly worgen?

10+ Year Old Account
    http://www.mmo-champion.com/threads/...n-s-appearance

This doesn't need to be a separate thread imo
    S (moderator)
    P (WoW Gen, Pets/Mog/Ach, Fun/Chat Zone)
    L (guidelines*)
    E (WoW gen rules*)
    N (my art*)
    D (Pikachu BEST Pokemon)
    A (Sensational™)