Page 6 of 12 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by The Fiend View Post
    Should we disregard every Court case ever then?
    Only the ones they disagree with, obv.

Quote Originally Posted by Elba View Post
    The officer also shot into the car with a child inside, not given a fuck he could hurt her.

American cops need better training. A few weeks vs months or years in other countries.
    You're so fucking clueless. My friend is a cop, and he went through 6 months at the police academy. Not to mention as a rookie he was paired with a veteran officer for another period of time. And I highly fucking doubt police in other countries spend years training their cops, unless you count refresher courses or something.

Quote Originally Posted by Linadra View Post
    Explain how reaching for your papers as ordered, is the same as reaching for your gun? He even told the officer in response that he wasn't reaching for gun. Sounds alot like he was complying with all orders given.
    After asking if he has a license and insurance, if you watch the video Philando Castile tells the cop that he has a gun, from there the cop is clearly saying "don't pull it out", says it again seconds later, and then says it once more before he fires shots. No disrespect but it's silly to pretend the cop shot him for pulling out his insurance. Obviously once the guy mentioned he had a gun that would clearly change how the officer handles this situation.

Court cases ruled against evidence, for sure. Or when juries are badly biased.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jtbrig7390 View Post
    True, I was just bored and tired but you are correct.

Last edited by Thwart; Today at 05:21 PM. Reason: Infracted for flaming
    Quote Originally Posted by epigramx View Post
    millennials were the kids of the 9/11 survivors.

So let's have it 'I push buttons'. The "all cops are bad" quote. Don't run home now, we need you.

Deleted
    Court cases ruled against evidence, for sure. Or when juries are badly biased.
    Can you prove the Jury was Biased? Enough for a Retrail? wouldn't the Prosecution push for this?

Are you saying that he didn't care to look for one second what was going on, when the other one starts waving gun around? He paid no attention whatsoever to anything that was going on? Is that your idea then?
    What are you trying to say? I'm pretty sure (if my memory serves me), that the other officer reported shots firing, right after the shooting started, which is what he's supposed to do.
    Or do you think both officers should've been at the window, questioning Castille together? That's not how cops operate.

Herald of the Titans Pterodactylus's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by I Push Buttons View Post
    For those curious why the police are always suspicious, on edge, assuming people are armed, etc... Here are two prime examples of why.
    So why do the tens of millions of incidents per year where police confront someone and the situation is resolved peaceably happen?

By your retarded logic every single interaction with police should be like these rare incidents you prop up on a pedestal as examples of how terrible the police are.
    So, by your retarded logic...wait a sec...you have me confused. Should the cops always be on edge if the vast majority, the 10s of millions of interactions, always are resolved without incident? I just don't get it. Your first comment cites 2 examples and you use those examples to justify police paranoia, and then go on to say that there is no reason for the cops to be paranoid because these 2 situations are really just outliers in the grand scheme of things? Guess you are trying to have it both ways.
    “You know, it really doesn’t matter what the media write as long as you’ve got a young, and beautiful, piece of ass." - President Donald Trump

Can you prove the Jury was Biased? Enough for a Retrail? wouldn't the Prosecution push for this?
    Last I checked, OJ wasn't retrialed either, and there was at the very least one black supremacist in jury. Wouldn't you call such a jury badly biased, if there are members who would never vote against the defendant, no matter what? Uniform worship in america seems widespread enough that it's not exactly a stretch to say there most likely were people like push buttons there in the jury, who would never give a vote against charged officer, when they can blame the victim instead.

Quote Originally Posted by Amerrol View Post
    You're so fucking clueless. My friend is a cop, and he went through 6 months at the police academy. Not to mention as a rookie he was paired with a veteran officer for another period of time. And I highly fucking doubt police in other countries spend years training their cops, unless you count refresher courses or something.
    Two and a half years in Germany on average.

Quote Originally Posted by RickJamesLich View Post
    If I tell a cop that I have a gun, and then reach for an entirely different object, don't inform him of what it is, and continue reaching for the object after the cop says multiple times not to do so, it's not the cops fault at that point. I know Castille was baked out of his mind, and maybe that's why he disregarded the cops orders.
    There's no evidence he was high, and the cop asked him for his paperwork, so it doesn't take a lot of thought to figure out he is reaching for that.

- - - Updated - - -

The court's job is not to dictate truth. It is to enact the law as written.

- - - Updated - - -

Well let's see, he was ten feet away on the opposite side of the car, watching the girlfriend and inspecting the vehicle...

Have you even actually seen the video of this incident? It unfolds in literal seconds... Gunshots are going off before he even realizes what is happening.
    Wait, did Castille have plenty of time to respond or did it unfold before anyone could realize what is going on?
    "stop puting you idiotic liberal words into my mouth"
    -ynnady

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by NineSpine View Post
    The court's job is not to dictate truth. It is to enact the law as written.
    And the Law found the man not guilty. Funny that.

These threads are actually pretty cool because they show all the people who want to live in a Judge Dredd police state where cops can gun you down for anything.

Whole 6 months?

3 years here.

Teach handicapped people how to deal with cops, or give them better minders. Going "Muh victimhood" literally never solves anything. See how your little Honeypot for trying to make me a racist seems to have backfired?

That's because I think Self-Flagellation via Victimhood is stupid. Fix what YOU can fix, before demanding people fix your problems.
    Teach mentally handicapped people how to handle tense situations better, because it would be wrong to teach the police how to handle tense situations better. You literally believe that it is wrong to hold the police to a higher standard of behavior than retarded people.

- - - Updated - - -

And the Law found the man not guilty. Funny that.
    Yeah, the law is quite often wrong. Or do you think OJ is innocent?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Pterodactylus View Post
    So, by your retarded logic...wait a sec...you have me confused. Should the cops always be on edge if the vast majority, the 10s of millions of interactions, always are resolved without incident? I just don't get it. Your first comment cites 2 examples and you use those examples to justify police paranoia, and then go on to say that there is no reason for the cops to be paranoid because these 2 situations are really just outliers in the grand scheme of things? Guess you are trying to have it both ways.
    That's pretty much the end of the argument.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by RickJamesLich View Post
    After asking if he has a license and insurance, if you watch the video Philando Castile tells the cop that he has a gun, from there the cop is clearly saying "don't pull it out", says it again seconds later, and then says it once more before he fires shots. No disrespect but it's silly to pretend the cop shot him for pulling out his insurance. Obviously once the guy mentioned he had a gun that would clearly change how the officer handles this situation.
    The cop did shoot him for reaching for his paperwork. That's just a fact. Your argument is simply that the big bad black man is so so so scaaaaaary that he should be executed for that.

- - - Updated - - -

I went through six months of training for office jobs before. That's not substantive training.
    -ynnady

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Pterodactylus View Post
    Police "paranoia" exists to protect the lives of police officers...

SJW "paranoia" towards police exists to... Stir up controversy and sell BlackLivesMatter t-shits... It certainly isn't meant to save lives... Telling people to be confrontational with police because they are out to get you literally accomplishes the opposite, actually.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Elba View Post
    These threads are actually pretty cool because they show all the people who want to live in a Judge Dredd police state where cops can gun you down for anything.
    Please link an example of someone wanting that.

If you're paranoid you are unfit to be a cop.

SJW "paranoia" towards police exists to... Stir up controversy and sell BlackLivesMatter t-shits... It certainly isn't meant to save lives... Telling people to be confrontational with police because they are out to get you literally accomplishes the opposite, actually.
    Ok grandpa time for your meds.

So Castille was confrontational now? Which part again? Co-operating by telling he has a gun, or the part where he follows orders to get his license? Or all of it?

You still haven't shown any evidence of him going for his gun. Or no need for proof? Can I charge you with theft without proving you did steal, and you just have to pay and live with it?

- - - Updated - - -

Please link an example of someone wanting that.
    Paranoia doesn't protect anyone. That's the point. It causes unnecessary civilian deaths and puts citizens on edge with the police, leading to even more deaths. It's a vicious cycle, and you don't break it by encouraging MORE paranoia on the part of the police.
    -ynnady