Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Manafort back under fire

Per Washington Post from yesterday that got glossed over with the Cville/Nazi issues ongoing.

Long story short, campaign staffer tried repeatedly to organize meetings between Putin and Trump. Manafort declined because of the legal ramifications that it would have caused, only to, a month later, organize and attend the meeting now under heavy scrutiny by Mueller's investigation that involved him, Kushner, Trump Jr, and Russian officials.

It draws a new name into the mix, Papadopoulos, a staffer that was involved in the campaign and was heavily pushing for more Russian ties, and blows any way out of the situation that Manafort had by proving that he knew the legal risks involved with such meetings.
    Quote Originally Posted by Connal View Post
    From my perspective it is an uncle who was is a "simple" slat of the earth person, who has religous beliefs I may or may not fully agree with, but who in the end of the day wants to go hope, kiss his wife, and kids, and enjoy their company.
    Connal defending child molestation

That's a pretty good read. Jesus, I hate this administration.

Ladies and gentlemen, mens rea.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tojara View Post
    Look Batman really isn't an accurate source by any means
    Quote Originally Posted by Hooked View Post
    It is a fact, not just something I made up.

Quote Originally Posted by Mormolyce View Post
    Yup. Getting those emails means that Manafort is officially done. He's joining Flynn in the "balls in a vice and I go to jail unless I cooperate."
    From my perspective it is an uncle who was is a "simple" slat of the earth person, who has religous beliefs I may or may not fully agree with, but who in the end of the day wants to go hope, kiss his wife, and kids, and enjoy their company.

10+ Year Old Account
    You know...I keep saying, he won't be impeached, he'll be a 3 1/2 year lame duck. The investigation doesn't have to find anything, it just has to be toxic to his name and brand.

Now look. Shit like this hits the front pages and nobody cares, because Trump is sinking his own name and brand. I'm sure he'll get lots of hotel visits from American Nazis and the KKK, hope it's worth it.

10+ Year Old Account
    It's not just Manafort.

Mueller's investigation focusing on Trump Jr.: report

Federal prosecutors working for the office of special counsel Robert Mueller are focusing their efforts on President Trump's eldest son, Donald Trump Jr., according to a Friday report.

They are seeking to determine his intent in taking a meeting with a Kremlin-linked lawyer last year, Buzzfeed reported.

The 16 prosecutors working for the special counsel office are reportedly trying to determine if Trump Jr. obtained any information from his meeting with Russian lawyer Natalia Veselnitskaya, which was also attended by senior White House adviser Jared Kushner and former Trump campaign manager Paul Manafort.

The meeting, which occurred just weeks after President Trump clinched the Republican nomination, has become a focal point in the federal investigation into whether the Trump campaign colluded with Russia in order to defeat Hillary Clinton last year.
    In a statement in June, Trump Jr. downplayed the value of the meeting.

"It was a short introductory meeting. I asked Jared and Paul to stop by. We primarily discussed a program about the adoption of Russian children that was active and popular with American families years ago and was since ended by the Russian government, but it was not a campaign issue at the time and there was no follow up," Trump Jr. said in June.

Music producer Rob Goldstone, who set up the meeting via email with Trump Jr., said Veselnitskaya had "sensitive information" that was "part of Russia and its government's support for Mr. Trump." The emails released by Trump Jr. revealed that Trump Jr. said he would "love" to receive the information.

Quote Originally Posted by Breccia View Post
    I want his fucking kids! I want his son in law. Only Tiffany should be excused. Oh and his youngest, I guess.
    Democrats are the best! I will never ever question a Democrat again. I LOVE the Democrats!

Deleted
    No worries the heroes will soon arrive!

went into r/donald to see whats going on, and they had a thread "look no new Russia story this week! it proves its all fake!!" It's truly a cult.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Stormspellz View Post
    went into r/donald to see whats going on, and they had a thread "look no new Russia story this week! it proves its all fake!!"
    They've chosen not to look for it. It's a requirement for willful ignorance. But, as you can see, we've had several.

Quote Originally Posted by Naadir View Post
    No worries the heroes will soon arrive!
    But you kill flammie at the end...
    Quote Originally Posted by Rudol Von Stroheim View Post
    I do not need to play the role of "holier than thou". I'm above that..

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Mormolyce View Post
    Nah, it's just more meat on the nothingburger.

- - - Updated - - -

went into r/donald to see whats going on, and they had a thread "look no new Russia story this week! it proves its all fake!!" It's truly a cult.
    No Benghazi story this week either! Hillary must be innocent.
    Putin khuliyo

10+ Year Old Account
    Do you mean his front was well done? I think him being under fire would need to stop, for him to be back under it.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Adam Jensen View Post
    No Benghazi story this week either! Hillary must be innocent.
    That... and all the hearings on the subject...

Trump apologists, was the car attack an "act of terror" or a "terrorist act"? Is Romney available for confirmation? >.<
    Folly and fakery have always been with us... but it has never before been as dangerous as it is now, never in history have we been able to afford it less. - Isaac Asimov
    Every damn thing you do in this life, you pay for. - Edith Piaf
    The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command. - Orwell
    No amount of belief makes something a fact. - James Randi

Since it's still relevant to this in a way.

TLDR: In addition to Manafort's little debacle he finds himself dealing with, more emails have been leaked of Rick Dearborn, a top aide to Jeff Sessions and deputy Chief of Staff in the White House, trying to set up meetings directly between Trump's camp and Putin himself around the same time as the meeting being investigated.

10+ Year Old Account
    That, and Kushner and company are clearly worried. One P.R. firm dropped him and they picked up one that specializes in crises.

Also, Trump tried to kill the bill that would prevent him from firing Mueller. I mentioned it in an earlier thread, but Tiller is one of the three GOP members Trump called up and cursed at over the phone because of Russia.

Also, Russia is arresting people for treason for helping the U.S. catch their hackers.

In their selective world the only time they consider it news (still fake news) is when the person in questioning is either married to or is a trump.

Few weeks ago i saw a article about how even the small fry staffers tried to set up meetings and not just senior personal who have direct access to trump.

10+ Year Old Account
    The investigation is ongoing.

Mueller Seeks Grand Jury Testimony from PR Execs Who Worked With Manafort

Special Counsel Robert Mueller issued grand jury subpoenas in recent days seeking testimony from public relations executives who worked on an international campaign organized by Paul Manafort, people directly familiar with the matter told NBC News.

This is the first public indication that Mueller's investigation is beginning to compel witness testimony before the grand jury — a significant milestone in an inquiry that is examining the conduct of President Donald Trump and his son-in-law and senior adviser, Jared Kushner, among others.

It is also further indication that Manafort, Trump's onetime campaign chairman, could be in serious legal jeopardy.

According to one executive whose firm received a subpoena, Mueller's team is closely examining the lobbying campaign, which ran between 2012 and 2014. Some of the firms involved in the campaign received subpoenas for documents weeks ago, the executive said, and now the Mueller team is seeking testimony.

"We think they are trying to figure out, was this a legitimate project?" the executive said. "From our perspective it was — we did a lot of work. We took it seriously."

bla bla bla no-knock warrant bla bla bla foreign agent

So, still nothing so far?

...i thought Skroe said "no-knock raid" meant they had some solid lead?

Looks more like clutching at straws.

Quote Originally Posted by Shalcker View Post

Go figure, uninformed drivel from our local shill.
    Quote Originally Posted by Rudol Von Stroheim View Post
    I do not need to play the role of "holier than thou". I'm above that..

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Shalcker View Post
    I understand you're used to the way Russia does things, but the U.S. has something called due process, which takes time.