View Poll Results: Which has more power?

Voters
14. This poll is closed
  • An Angry Mob of Millions

1 7.14%
  • A Meteor

4 28.57%
  • A Virus for which there is no known cure

2 14.29%
  • A Successful Cult Leader

1 7.14%
  • A Choice

3 21.43%
  • Other (comment below.)

3 21.43%
Page 1 of 2
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account

Intellectual question time. (Power)

Alright before starting understand this is a no right answer type of thing, the question is based on your intellect NOTHING ELSE as it relates to your reasoning in it's totality.

it supposed to be FUN, if you like these sort of questions and if you ever taken an I.Q test or SAT for example it could sort of apply to your perceptual reasoning but since this is NONE of that, there is No right or wrong answer so here it goes.

Which has more power?

Milli Vanilli, Bigger than Elvis

10+ Year Old Account
    When I think of the options I think of different time periods where each option becomes more and more difficult to control, with a meteor wiping out all life probably being the most threatening, but I believe we have the technology to deflect meteors at this point. Successful cult leaders are probably the scariest honestly, as you can control uneducated indoctrinated folks into doing whatever you want, which we still see today unfortunately.

I think the power of choice is still the most powerful, as your 'choices' to do anything are practically infinite. Unless of course someone is making choices for you.

Entirely depends on the context, and how that power is measured. Since none is provided, then indeed any of those answers are just as good as the next.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jtbrig7390 View Post
    True, I was just bored and tired but you are correct.

Last edited by Thwart; Today at 05:21 PM. Reason: Infracted for flaming
    Quote Originally Posted by epigramx View Post
    millennials were the kids of the 9/11 survivors.

Why is "White penis" not an option?
    Unreason and anti-intellectualism abominate thought. Thinking implies disagreement; and disagreement implies nonconformity; and nonconformity implies heresy; and heresy implies disloyalty — so, obviously, thinking must be stopped. But shouting is not a substitute for thinking and reason is not the subversion but the salvation of freedom. - Adlai Stevenson

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Romanesca View Post
    When I think of the options I think of different time periods where each option becomes more and more difficult to control, with a meteor wiping out all life probably being the most threatening, but I believe we have the technology to deflect meteors at this point. Successful cult leaders are probably the scariest honestly, as you can control uneducated indoctrinated folks into doing whatever you want, which we still see today unfortunately.

I think the power of choice is still the most powerful, as your 'choices' to do anything are practically infinite. Unless of course someone is making choices for you.
    I like how you reasoned it, yeah I think you are correct it does depend on your perspective for instance does a Meteor actually have any power over something unless say life were involved in the first place.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Linadra View Post
    Entirely depends on the context, and how that power is measured. Since none is provided, then indeed any of those answers are just as good as the next.
    Likely, but still it depends on your perspective, I mean the Angry Mob, have you seen what happens to people trampled to death or attacked online, it can get pretty damn ugly.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Livnthedream View Post
    Why is "White penis" not an option?
    1, Because that is weird, and kind of racist LOL and 2, That type of answer would get the thread shut down faster than a fat kid with spiked kids trying to get into the bouncy castle.

Deleted
    What the fuck is this thread? Go read a book or something.

Quote Originally Posted by Mall Security View Post
    Likely, but still it depends on your perspective, I mean the Angry Mob, have you seen what happens to people trampled to death or attacked online, it can get pretty damn ugly.
    The thing is, that without provided context to make determination out of, we can create scenarios where each of those has more power than the rest, since the scenario would be tailored to fit that answer.

Which is the best killing tool for example? Probably that meteor. Or the virus, depending on what characteristics we give them.

If you see what I mean ^^
    Quote Originally Posted by Jtbrig7390 View Post
    True, I was just bored and tired but you are correct.

Last edited by Thwart; Today at 05:21 PM. Reason: Infracted for flaming
    Quote Originally Posted by epigramx View Post
    millennials were the kids of the 9/11 survivors.

10+ Year Old Account
    I choose tentacle monster with penile tips and an insatiable hunger for school girls
    Oh and has an ovipositor
    Last edited by Medusa Cascade; 2017-08-19 at 04:02 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Linadra View Post
    The thing is, that without provided context to make determination out of, we can create scenarios where each of those has more power than the rest, since the scenario would be tailored to fit that answer.

Which is the best killing tool for example? Probably that meteor. Or the virus, depending on what characteristics we give them.

If you see what I mean ^^
    If you add too much context in this instance you run the risk for influences the results, some people have an affinity to look for typical ques to tell them what to think or how, if you want to eliminate that you have to sometimes give less information.

It's the A or B or C or D type of mentality. Which is also why this can't be a right or wrong type of question that is what has to be given up. Yet still even then people our of fear or habit will freeze or not be able to trust themselves to answer how they see it.

And you should create scenarios, I hope people do, because by doing so you can really get a great idea about their process for logic and reason, hell you can even get a good sense if otherwise they kind of fake it most of the time.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Seiko Sora View Post
    I choose tentacle monster with penile tips and an insatiable hunger for school girls
    Does this tentacle Monster monster practice safe tentacle otherwise if they catch something and fall ill to some rare inter species type of infection well then who really has the power at that point?

10+ Year Old Account
    Does this tentacle Monster monster practice safe tentacle otherwise if they catch something and fall ill to some rare inter species type of infection well then who really has the power at that point?
    It has nothing to worry about, puny mortal illnesses are beneath it

10+ Year Old Account

Power is power.
    Putin khuliyo

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Seiko Sora View Post
    It has nothing to worry about, puny mortal illnesses are beneath it
    So superior synthetic ultra adaptive Antibodies eh, well that is that then.

The meteor objectively has the most power. The only thing that all of those answers share in common that could be called power is the scientific definition of power, of which the meteor objectively has the most of.

Power is the rate (energy amount per time period) at which work is done or energy converted. The scientific unit of power is the watt (W), which is equal to one joule (energy amount) per second (time period).

There are of course other kinds of power, but if you used any of those kinds of power to answer the question then some of those things would have no power.

10+ Year Old Account
    So superior synthetic ultra adaptive Antibodies eh, well that is that then.
    Nanomachines, son

Theres is always a right or wrong answer.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Laurcus View Post
    The meteor objectively has the most power. The only thing that all of those answers share in common that could be called power is the scientific definition of power, of which the meteor objectively has the most of.

Power is the rate (energy amount per time period) at which work is done or energy converted. The scientific unit of power is the watt (W), which is equal to one joule (energy amount) per second (time period).

There are of course other kinds of power, but if you used any of those kinds of power to answer the question then some of those things would have no power.
    I know this has been stated but how can you kill that which has no life?

Thus unless it collides with something like a planet with life, is it really a threat, and if so how much. A meteor has hit the Earth before and from out perspective now if that happened it would for sure end Our lives but the planet on the other hand could life in some form still go on.

Being a human I know what is most important to me that is for sure.

I know this has been stated but how can you kill that which has no life?

Thus unless it collides with something like a planet with life, is it really a threat, and if so how much. A meteor has hit the Earth before and from out perspective now if that happened it would for sure end Our lives but the planet on the other hand could life in some form still go on.

Being a human I know what is most important to me that is for sure.
    Threat level is a different kind of power, which I already addressed.

1, Because that is weird, and kind of racist LOL and 2, That type of answer would get the thread shut down faster than a fat kid with spiked kids trying to get into the bouncy castle.
    You need to read more intersectional feminists friend. White penis is the most powerful thing in history. Don't you know it is why it is called 'mankind'?
    Unreason and anti-intellectualism abominate thought. Thinking implies disagreement; and disagreement implies nonconformity; and nonconformity implies heresy; and heresy implies disloyalty — so, obviously, thinking must be stopped. But shouting is not a substitute for thinking and reason is not the subversion but the salvation of freedom. - Adlai Stevenson

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Livnthedream View Post
    You need to read more intersectional feminists friend. White penis is the most powerful thing in history. Don't you know it is why it is called 'mankind'?
    I'll pass, I will just keep reading my Empire.

Cult leader.

Power of elimination out of one's control is ever present and not an actual active power. This is the default state of the universe actually.

All value, power is a value assignment, is only relevant in the human context.

A leader of a cult, assuming fanaticism, would theoretically be able to make other humans assign value based on their own will and idea. This would be a total usuprtment of agency- the basis of individual thought above biology.

There is no power greater than to control others.

Only other people matter, in a universe of absolute indifference to individual manifestation, the access to the agency of another entity is a triumph over singular existance.