Quote Originally Posted by Bjoramier of Lordaeron View Post
    to be fair it isn't far off, only slightly bigger. I imagine the same could happen to Kul'tiras and the surrounding isles.
    I used the Chronicle map for reference but whatever. Same point.

Quote Originally Posted by My User Name View Post
    I used the Chronicle map for reference but whatever. Same point.
    Yea, ingame broken isles as marlamin showed.. is MUCH bigger than the map.

Point being the same could happen to kul'tiras and it would be fine, more than 3 zones worrys me though on the size of a super continent kul'tiras.

Also they really need to fix the point i mentioned in my other post, where it shows the wrong location on the world map due to shrinking the size of BI.

10+ Year Old Account
    I wonder if Legion area is close to Northrend once 7.3 is out? Surely its bigger than Pandaria at that point?

Quote Originally Posted by Chickat View Post
    I wonder if Legion area is close to Northrend once 7.3 is out? Surely its bigger than Pandaria at that point?
    iirc with 7.3 included it is barely bigger than pandaria.

But let's not derail from the main topic, which was meant to be intended lorewise.

Obviously BI is smaller lorewise and on the map. I imagine Kul'tiras could have 3-4 zones with the same gimmick.

Quote Originally Posted by Shadochi View Post
    Is there some way you could add the 3 argus zones near BI so we could make a better comparison at the amount of land at the end of each expac
    Sure, but it's not completely fair considering raid content etcetera as well.

Quote Originally Posted by Chickat View Post
    I don't think so. I flew through Northrend some days ago and it took me forever. It's like the Northrend zones are 20-30% bigger than the Legion zones. Maybe it's just a feeling but it was really strange how long it took me to get from A to B in Northrend compared to the Broken Isles.
    MAGA - Make Alliance Great Again

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Feali View Post
    "(Please don't quote this image when replying)"
    I removed it from showing as an image as soon as i saw that under the image

Quote Originally Posted by Nyel View Post
    I don't think so. I flew through Northrend some days ago and it took me forever. It's like the Northrend zones are 20-30% bigger than the Legion zones. Maybe it's just a feeling but it was really strange how long it took me to get from A to B in Northrend compared to the Broken Isles.
    That's because Northrend has a lot of areas like this.

Both Northrend and Outland have a lot of vast distances with not a lot in them. The zones are now more compact and utilitarian -- everything generally exists for a reason, and there aren't just vast stretches of snow or saronite speckled dirt.

Funny thing is since in-game zones are much much smaller than how they should be in lore, having a Kul Tiras continent as big as Broken Isles would be the closest thing to an in-game land being similar in scale to its lore counterpart. Lol.

Quote Originally Posted by My User Name View Post
    Funny thing is since in-game zones are much much smaller than how they should be in lore, having a Kul Tiras continent as big as Broken Isles would be the closest thing to an in-game land being similar in scale to its lore counterpart. Lol.
    True, broken isles is likely the same size lorewise as it is ingame.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Marlamin View Post
    Sure, but it's not completely fair considering raid content etcetera as well.
    Based on that seems about like Northrend minus Grizzly Hills and Howling Fjord.

Quote Originally Posted by CosmicGuitars View Post
    That's because Northrend has a lot of areas like this.

Both Northrend and Outland have a lot of vast distances with not a lot in them. The zones are now more compact and utilitarian -- everything generally exists for a reason, and there aren't just vast stretches of snow or saronite speckled dirt.
    That's exactly what I'm missing nowadays. All the zones are so crowded and there's no room to breathe anymore...

That's exactly what I'm missing nowadays. All the zones are so crowded and there's no room to breathe anymore...
    I don't mean to invoke the flying debate here, but that wouldn't really work with the "no flight til X.2" design of expansions recently. It would feel truly horrible to have to run through places that obscenely large and barren. It didn't feel great back then, it would feel worse now.

10+ Year Old Account
    Only when it's neeeded. In places like Northrend and Outland it's sorta making sense. Life can't really bloom/florish in areas like said pictures.
    #TeamLegion #UnderEarthofAzerothexpansion plz #Arathor4Alliance #TeamNoBlueHorde

Warrior-Magi

Quote Originally Posted by Aeluron Lightsong View Post
    Only when it's neeeded. In places like Northrend and Outland it's sorta making sense. Life can't really bloom/florish in areas like said pictures.
    Sure, but that's only thematic. They could put quests and content in those zones -- but back then, they didn't. It was space for the sake of space, more often than not. Which is why I think the comparison in sheer size is a bit disingenous; Northrend has it's size exaggerated. It's functional size is likely the same as the Broken Isles.

This! In the new zones everything is supposed to have a purpose, but it makes the zones too crowded, it breaks the immersion. I don't feel "lost in the landscape" anymore.

10+ Year Old Account
    Big landscapes with nothing there is good the first few times....then it just becomes "Yeah this is how it looks."
    #TeamLegion #UnderEarthofAzerothexpansion plz #Arathor4Alliance #TeamNoBlueHorde

Warrior-Magi

5+ Year Old Account
    I really hope the next exppack's zones are open and vast. I love traversing those zones, and filling them with a few, interesting landmarks makes you really curious on your 1st playthrough. Dragonblight is a bad example IMO as it's a bit too vast for my tastes, never did like that zone's layout too much.

Also, Highmountain is horrible without flying. Getting from Val'Sharah to the eastern more parts of it for the first time is quite annoying.
    Last edited by Grevmak; 2017-08-19 at 07:23 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Aeluron Lightsong View Post
    Big landscapes with nothing there is good the first few times....then it just becomes "Yeah this is how it looks."
    Well, isn't it the same with "too crowded" zones? You can't roam through the Broken Isles without getting interrupted every seconds because mobs are everywhere. And there are so much enemies... move left, add another mob, move right, add the next one. It's just soooooooo crowded nowadays. Suramar and Broken Shore are the worst at the moment.

I can understand when people like that, I don't. It's just annoying. Even in WoD you had more space for yourself and there it has been very crowded already. It seems like Blizzard made the zones even smaller but with 1.5 amount of enemies.

7+ Year Old Account
    Just remember than none of the zones are actually to scale, and Broken Isles is probably closes (still a lot smaller than it should be) represented to what it actually is in lore. For example here is some concept art for the Blood elf zone, but for obvious reasons needed to be downscaled.

So they could easly pull off Kul Tiras being bigger than Broken Isles and say its pretty close to 1:1 scale as in lore (would need to be pretty huge tho to be 1:1 as in lore).

I know in one of the books it say something like it take a couple days to get from the south of the Barrens to Orgrimmar (not sure if those were the locations mentioned)