Quote Originally Posted by Shadochi View Post
    Just remember than none of the zones are actually to scale, and Broken Isles is probably closes (still a lot smaller than it should be) represented to what it actually is in lore. For example here is some concept art for the Blood elf zone, but for obvious reasons needed to be downscaled.

https://s-media-cache-ak0.pinimg.com...6d0c77c8fe.jpg

So they could easly pull off Kul Tiras being bigger than Broken Isles and say its pretty close to 1:1 scale as in lore (would need to be pretty huge tho to be 1:1 as in lore).

I know in one of the books it say something like it take a couple days to get from the south of the Barrens to Orgrimmar (not sure if those were the locations mentioned)
    Yep you're right about the Barrens. And damn when I look at that Quel'Thalas artwork, it's just so magical. *-*

Quote Originally Posted by Bjoramier of Lordaeron View Post
    I guess i am the only one who likes open landscapes but also enjoys highmountain stormeheim without flying
    I loved them aswell!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nyel View Post
    Well, isn't it the same with "too crowded" zones? You can't roam through the Broken Isles without getting interrupted every seconds because mobs are everywhere. And there are so much enemies... move left, add another mob, move right, add the next one. It's just soooooooo crowded nowadays. Suramar and Broken Shore are the worst at the moment.

I can understand when people like that, I don't. It's just annoying. Even in WoD you had more space for yourself and there it has been very crowded already. It seems like Blizzard made the zones even smaller but with 1.5 amount of enemies.
    Yeah but Draenor was easier to work with. Broken Isles are well isles so they had to well as you say *Crowded*. My own issues with the Broken Isles.....

Are the bloody mountains. I don't hate mountains as a landscape but putting them everywhere will just annoy me to no end. Highmountain REALLY turned me off from mountains. Flying over them made them easier and I appreciate the work Blizzard did in the zone itself, it was still annoying. If the next expansion has mountains I rather they be used when it makes sense, not "EVERYWHERE ARE MOUNTAINS. KNEEL BEFORE LORD OF MOUNTAINS)
    Last edited by Aeluron Lightsong; 2017-08-19 at 07:30 PM.
    #TeamLegion #UnderEarthofAzerothexpansion plz #Arathor4Alliance #TeamNoBlueHorde

Warrior-Magi

Well, isn't it the same with "too crowded" zones? You can't roam through the Broken Isles without getting interrupted every seconds because mobs are everywhere. And there are so much enemies... move left, add another mob, move right, add the next one. It's just soooooooo crowded nowadays. Suramar and Broken Shore are the worst at the moment.

I can understand when people like that, I don't. It's just annoying. Even in WoD you had more space for yourself and there it has been very crowded already. It seems like Blizzard made the zones even smaller but with 1.5 amount of enemies.
    You are going to love Argus. Mobs everywhere and no flight. They're not dangerous, just irritating and irritating your players is never good.

Quote Originally Posted by Jodmos View Post
    You are going to love Argus. Mobs everywhere and no flight. They're not dangerous, just irritating and irritating your players is never good.
    In the case of Argus, it would make sense though since it's the main base of the burning legion!

The Broken Isles in lore before Legion was a pathetically small island chain with elf ruins on it and nothing else. If they want Kul Tiras to be a continent, they can make it that fairly easily with a bit of creativity.

7+ Year Old Account
    I guess i am the only one who likes open landscapes but also enjoys highmountain stormeheim without flying
    Im there with you. So far I liked every type of zone design they went with. And the crowded smaller areas make more sense for what the Isles are supposed to represent.

Quote Originally Posted by Aeluron Lightsong View Post
    Yeah but Draenor was easier to work with. Broken Isles are well isles so they had to well as you say *Crowded*. My own issues with the Broken Isles.....

Are the bloody mountains. I don't hate mountains as a landscape but putting them everywhere will just annoy me to no end. Highmountain REALLY turned me off from mountains. Flying over them made them easier and I appreciate the work Blizzard did in the zone itself, it was still annoying.
    I agree! Man those mountains in Highmountain and Stormheim. I was so happy when I unlocked Legion flying... they were so annoying. And it's not only mountains but Blizzard made every little hill impossible to climb by jumping. That worked until WoD (?) pretty good but they somehow removed it. There are so many rocks that are just 1y higher than you can jump but you can't climb them anymore, you need to take 20y way to pass them. I really don't want to explore the Broken Isles without flying.

- - - Updated - - -

If they're not enemies I'm mostly fine with it.
    MAGA - Make Alliance Great Again

10+ Year Old Account
    The main problem of no flying is huge ass mountains that take hours to ride around.

They are dangerous, if you run into a group and don't outrun them you'll die, especially in the Annihilan Pits.

I agree! Man those mountains in Highmountain and Stormheim. I was so happy when I unlocked Legion flying... they were so annoying. And it's not only mountains but Blizzard made every little hill impossible to climb by jumping. That worked until WoD (?) pretty good but they somehow removed it. There are so many rocks that are just 1y higher than you can jump but you can't climb them anymore, you need to take 20y way to pass them. I really don't want to explore the Broken Isles without flying.

- - - Updated - - -
    There are parts of Argus like highmountain were you're right beside where you want to be but have to go on a 5 minute detour to actually get there.

- - - Updated - - -

They are dangerous, if you run into a group and don't outrun them you'll die, especially in the Annihilan Pits.
    I play a hunter. merely irritating. feign death or shadowmeld gets rid of them. On saying that they'll be annoying for my other characters but i'll unlock everything on my hunter.
    Last edited by Jodmos; 2017-08-19 at 07:37 PM.

There are parts of Argus like highmountain were you're right beside where you want to be but have to go on a 5 minute detour to actually get there.
    Yay, I'm looking forward to this...
    MAGA - Make Alliance Great Again

10+ Year Old Account
    I did enjoy the grapplehook mechanic in Stormheim though. It was a nice addition. I wonder what WoW would be with a climbing mechanic.
    #TeamLegion #UnderEarthofAzerothexpansion plz #Arathor4Alliance #TeamNoBlueHorde

Warrior-Magi

- - - Updated - - -

I play a hunter. merely irritating. feign death or shadowmeld gets rid of them. On saying that they'll be annoying for my other characters but i'll unlock everything on my hunter.
    I also play hunter, the point being is that the world (especially argus) is dangerous.

Annoying and Dangerous are almost the same in wow, no one likes dying or getting gang banged by mobs. Without the fear, like just flying over shit, removes all sense of fear and danger.

Quote Originally Posted by Aeluron Lightsong View Post
    I did enjoy the grapplehook mechanic in Stormheim though. It was a nice addition. I wonder what WoW would be with a climbing mechanic.
    That sounds neat. But when it starts to rain, you just fall to your death.

Why are we arguing about scale? In the game, I can traverse STV in a minute, but within the lore, a trek across STV is supposed to take several weeks. It's a simple fix to adjust the world map.

Quote Originally Posted by Myrok View Post
    Why are we arguing about scale? In the game, I can traverse STV in a minute, but within the lore, a trek across STV is supposed to take several weeks. It's a simple fix to adjust the world map.
    We're arguing about it because some people think that because the world has been scaled down (as you pointed out) it all has to be on the SAME proportional scaled-down size. And then we were saying that it's already not the case in-game, with the example of comparing the Broken Isles and Northrend. You're right though, the scale in game will never be proper, because no one would play a game where it takes literally a week (can you imagine?) to cross a zone haha!

Quote Originally Posted by Myrok View Post
    Yeah, the whole argument is going nowhere. Every zone ingame is basically a caricature. It just fits the gameplay, which is the reason why they could change the size of entire continents without actually breaking the lore.

Quote Originally Posted by Phinx View Post
    That sounds neat. But when it starts to rain, you just fall to your death.
    Found the Breath of the Wild player!

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Phinx View Post
    Yeah, the whole argument is going nowhere. Every zone ingame is basically a caricature. It just fits the gameplay, which is the reason why they could change the size of entire continents without actually breaking the lore.
    That's why I would like a Warcraft single player RPG (TES Style). They could allow modding on it and push it's lifetime with expansions/DLC for over a decade like with WoW.

Zones would still be smaller than in lore, but a bit more realistic in design.

Quote Originally Posted by Artanis View Post
    Found the Breath of the Wild player!
    I couldn't resist. :P