Page 9 of 41 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Kangodo View Post
    A lot of people got fired for joining a Nazi march, that's one of the things that would make one a Nazi.
    But what if they did it for the memes?

You can't strive for complete freedom, it's a paradox in itself.
    One shouldn't strive for a paradox and it's completely fine to ban the dangerous and extremist things.

For some reason US-citizens tend to have an above-average paranoia for their government, as if it could erupt in tyranny any second. So perhaps it's different there, but the slippery slope argument is lost here.
    Plus most of their tears always come down from american citizen not even understanding that free speech is only protection against their government. Not some random guy down the street that you are telling you want to hang under a cross.

You can still be sued for libel, arrested for death threats, arrested for inciting genocide, list goes on.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by zorkuus View Post
    Oh wow. Now why did that infraction come? This is a mystery for the ages.
    I dared to make a comparison between whites being fired and jews being fired. That's why I got an infraction.

Quote Originally Posted by Val-Talesh View Post
    That's not the point. Sure, it's not against the laws to ban anyone on this site.
    It doesn't infringe the first amendment or free speech laws, but it still violates the spirit of free speech.
    What I said is that this site and its moderators are a taste of what happens when leftists have the power to silence you. They will instantly do so.
    I already saw the comment you were infracted for in that other thread. Stop crying, seems it was well deserved.

10+ Year Old Account
    You can't strive for complete freedom, it's a paradox in itself.
    One shouldn't strive for a paradox and it's completely fine to ban the dangerous and extremist things.

For some reason US-citizens tend to have an above-average paranoia for their government, as if it could erupt in tyranny any second. So perhaps it's different there, but the slippery slope argument is lost here.
    Yeah, but i think that can be explained with the myths surrounding their revolution against oppressive government. One of my best friends, a work-colleague comes from wisconsin, and we like to compare the different mindsets of american and europeans (as we both work in recruiting american guys for a european company). He once complained to me that we all in europe do slavishly what our governments tell us. probably the truth is somewhere in the middle, but the definitley is a complete different mindset to how we see government and its legitimization.

Quote Originally Posted by Hollowlithic View Post
    But what if they did it for the memes?
    Be smarter? Do you record yourself raging like an idiot playing a video game and show it publicly to your employer?

10+ Year Old Account
    Обединени социалистически щати на Америка
    I dared to make a comparison between whites being fired and jews being fired. That's why I got an infraction.
    Nazis are getting fired, not whites. No wonder you infracted.

Quote Originally Posted by Pannonian View Post
    Ah okay, thanks, now i get it. I think that's a legitimate problem with your constitution in that case - how does this work with terror laws and Patriot act?

Is it allowed to go to ground zero with an ISIS flag an yell "death to all infidels"? Genuinely curious, not very familiar with everyday law in the US.
    If the person has a permit, probably - although I doubt they'd get a permit for ground zero. But on the topic at hand, if speech is directed at inciting imminent violence, and is likely to incite such violence, then it can be regulated, but just standing with a flag shouting "Death to all infidels" probably wouldn't qualify.

10+ Year Old Account
    That's not the point. Sure, it's not against the laws to ban anyone on this site.
    It doesn't infringe the first amendment or free speech laws, but it still violates the spirit of free speech.
    What I said is that this site and its moderators are a taste of what happens when leftists have the power to silence you. They will instantly do so.
    How was your opinion silenced? I can even still read the racist shit you had to vomit about jews. No one is censoring you. You're just facing consequences for being a racist anti-semite.

10+ Year Old Account
    Обединени социалистически щати на Америка
    Quote Originally Posted by Xjev View Post
    Yeah they should be able to talk and engage in dialog ofc in peaceful manner or you will end up with Trumps as presidents all day long. You have to convince them with your ideologies. I know I'm a bit optimistic but donno, humans are complicated.
    Calling for genocide is hardly peacefull.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by zorkuus View Post
    I already saw the comment you were infracted for in that other thread. Stop crying, seems it was well deserved.
    That's a different one and it was deserved. I'm talking about the one in this thread:

Yes. Yes, I am.
    Maybe you should open a history book. I said in the 30s. Remember, there were no concentration camps yet, Kristallnacht also only happened in '38.
    They had a decade long period there were jews only had some quotas for attending university or holding important positions.
    This is 100% fine since the employer (=the state) is allowed to fire anyone without an excuse. Which is the argument you two-faced people with your double standards use every single time someone who has white skin is massively discriminated against.

[Infracted]

Quote Originally Posted by minteK917 View Post
    Be smarter? Do you record yourself raging like an idiot playing a video game and show it publicly to your employer?
    No, I just record people protesting and assaulting random people walking down the street. Maybe that's why they wear the mask!

Quote Originally Posted by smokii View Post
    would you be accepting of a paedophile rally?

using the free speech argument to justify a white supremacists rally, isn't much different from using it to justify a paedophilia rally.

think about that
    I may not agree with what you say but I will defend to the death your right to say it.
    READ and be less Ignorant.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Cooper View Post
    If the person has a permit, probably - although I doubt they'd get a permit for ground zero. But on the topic at hand, if speech is directed at inciting imminent violence, and is likely to incite such violence, then it can be regulated, but just standing with a flag shouting "Death to all infidels" probably wouldn't qualify.
    And that's exactly where i think most of the argument is about. If it incites violence it is forbidden. That's already a tiny restriction on the freedom of speech. The descision is with the people we invest our power to. So they already have the power to limit free speech when they deem it necessary. The question for me in this case: Do you trust the people with this power?
    Last edited by Pannonian; 2017-08-19 at 07:59 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Hollowlithic View Post
    No, I just record people protesting and assaulting random people walking down the street. Maybe that's why they wear the mask!
    Pretty much. Only an idiot would not be ashamed to be either running around with nazi or violent antifa protester. The ones hiding their faces at least are self aware that they are an humiliation to human beings.

That's a different one and it was deserved. I'm talking about the one in this thread:
    This is the third time I have to tell you to figure out what's wrong in your comment. If you can't see it yourself then I'm sure an explanation would be futile.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Gilrak View Post
    Calling for genocide is hardly peacefull.
    Who called for genocide?

Quote Originally Posted by Prince Oberyn Martell View Post
    The Free Speech of Nazis lead to.... Nazi-Germany and WW2.
    They should have free speech... with limits, the same as everyone else. Inciting violence is not included in free speech.

Quote Originally Posted by Pannonian View Post
    And that's exactly where i think most of the argument is about. If it incites violence it is forbidden. That's already a tiny restriction on the freedom of speech. The descision is with the people we invest our power to. So they already have the power to limit free speech when they deem it. The question for me in this case: Do you trust the people with this power?
    The judiciary branch is the ones arresting you and deciding who can have those permit. You can trust them more then executive or legislative branch in most cases.

Quote Originally Posted by drebz View Post
    Those who make calls to actively limit the rights of others are not deserving of rights themselves.
    Which side are you talking about?