Page 11 of 20 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by iluwen_de View Post
    Not necessarily. I would argue that most players don't have the time (or motivation) to raid (regularly in PUGs or organized raids/guilds) so alts are usually only doing stuff that is super-easy and requires no focus/effort.

My point is that if you have an account/player that plays one character in a 2-3 days/week mythic raiding guild and occasionally dabbles in LFR/normal mode PUGs with alts, it is (in my opionion) not correct to assume that he likes the latter more "because he does it on more characters / gets more LFR kills / whatever". That player to me would be someone who likes mythic (or heroic or normal) raiding the most, otherwise (s)he wouldn't do it.
    Mythic players would be a minority. We would have to look at the Normal/Heroic player base and compare it to the LFR only player base to get a better idea? Then again its hard to draw conclusions purely from armoury data as we would lose context as to why players run LFR etc.

For example, I will be returning to wow hopefully on the weekend after taking a long break. Will almost only do LFR as I am fully casual now and will do LFR to get some gear/see content while doing quests old raids and dungeons.

Someone checking armoury might not understand the context of why I do it.

Bloodsail Admiral
    10+ Year Old Account
    It would speed up my week, if LFR was gone. I would log on Tues-Thur at 8pm til 11:30. Until we had things on farm. Then I would cut out hours entirely. As logging onto my alts is normally to run LFRs. And since, my main doesn't really do anything but raid.

Quote Originally Posted by oldgeezer View Post
    What is a useful metric then?
    saying out fantasy numbers without any base on anything

and definetly not basing it on statistics that have been posted here every couple of months on front page proving that normal + hc + mythic together doesnt even make up for 50 % of lfr participation

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Banard View Post
    I think it comes down to there is no one at Blizzard that can properly analyse the participation data.
    oh no - they know perfeckly well what they are doin - its very deliberate they just dont care

remember WoD was a huge succes according to devs - they claimed it up untill the end of it - they didnt admit WoD was collosal fuck up until Legion was announced - it took months of forums posts and youtube videos telling them how shit it was for them to react

its pretty clear that devs main goal is catering to top 5 % and its been like this for years now

I long for the progression style of old but to be honest I never really noticed lfr this expac save as something to get my raid quest done early to get its cd ticking down.

Is it still popular or did titanforge kind of kill it off?

Quote Originally Posted by primalmatter View Post
    Is it still popular or did titanforge kind of kill it off?
    Normal mode raiders can mostly ignore LFR, if they want.
    "There is a pervasive myth that making content hard will induce players to rise to the occasion. We find the opposite. " -- Ghostcrawler
    "The bit about hardcore players not always caring about the long term interests of the game is spot on." -- Ghostcrawler
    "Do you want a game with no casuals so about 500 players?"

Quote Originally Posted by Osmeric View Post
    Normal mode raiders can mostly ignore LFR, if they want.
    Agreed with titanforging and artifact power. Lfr almost seems quaint with how little impact it has now.

Agreed with titanforging and artifact power. Lfr almost seems quaint with how little impact it has now.
    Some EN LFR runs after it became old were just hilarious. It felt like many of the people running it were mythic raiders farming augment runes. Hi Cenarius! Oh my, you died in 20 seconds, you can stop the RP now.
    Last edited by Osmeric; 2017-08-19 at 12:42 AM.
    "There is a pervasive myth that making content hard will induce players to rise to the occasion. We find the opposite. " -- Ghostcrawler
    "The bit about hardcore players not always caring about the long term interests of the game is spot on." -- Ghostcrawler
    "Do you want a game with no casuals so about 500 players?"

Some EN LFR runs after it became old were just hilarious. It felt like many of the people running it were mythic raiders farming augment runes. Hi Cenarius! Oh my, you died in 20 seconds, you can stop the RP now.
    and this moved to normal EN runs - people farm it for balance of power and legendaries and it look exackly like this when done in 900 + gear

Quote Originally Posted by zinfandel View Post
    I know loads of folk will say 'pug normal' but this takes time I don't have.
    Actually this isn't true any more. Since flex is everywhere now, you can join a fresh run. Leave when ever you need (don't be a dick, let them know). Then when you have some time, queue for the bosses you need. Just find a group on that boss.

I really do understand not having 3-4 hours to be able to just play all in one go. People have lives. But that isn't really a viable excuse anymore.

I honestly think Blizzard is trying to kill off LFR. Normal is the real replacement for it. Easy enough gameplay, will still being a challenge to the casual player. Drop in and drop out is super easy. Wow, just like LFR is. Except people wont afk, cuz they will get kicked.

Likely I despise augment runes and im retired from mythic for this expac due to work.

It is such a lame way to bait raiders into lfr... just let us leave...

I do heroic and normal raids on 2-3 toons a week, LFR on 7 or 8.

Make LFR great again - Good riddance to tourist mode.

Quote Originally Posted by Badl1fe
    Actually this isn't true any more. Since flex is everywhere now, you can join a fresh run. Leave when ever you need (don't be a dick, let them know). Then when you have some time, queue for the bosses you need. Just find a group on that boss.
    This is simply garbage, nothing less. Sure if you've cleared the content with a guild or progression group then it's easy to get into a PUG group, but it's ludicrous for new players. I just looked on Hyjal US and of the first 10 PUG groups i saw 7 of them were requiring Deceivers Fall achievement for an invite. The community continues to do a terrific job of turning people away from organized raiding. Why go through hoops other players create just to play the damn game? LFR and Mythic + are a far better investment of your time with much better gains imo.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by grandgato View Post
    LFR and Mythic + are a far better investment of your time with much better gains imo.
    LOL, gl trying to get the 2500 wowprogress points for it.

10+ Year Old Account
    Likely I despise augment runes and im retired from mythic for this expac due to work.

It is such a lame way to bait raiders into lfr... just let us leave...
    bait only works if you take it

Why go through hoops other players create just to play the damn game?
    Why let them? Start your own group. You can't blame the people who get off their ass to make a group and set requirements. You make a group and set your own requirements. Tired of people being lazy and getting mad at others. Set up a no restriction group of your own. I promise you it will fill fast. Good luck getting through content, but the best of luck to you anyways.

Quote Originally Posted by Badl1fe View Post
    Why let them? Start your own group. You can't blame the people who get off their ass to make a group and set requirements. You make a group and set your own requirements. Tired of people being lazy and getting mad at others. Set up a no restriction group of your own. I promise you it will fill fast. Good luck getting through content, but the best of luck to you anyways.
    Thank you for reinforcing my point. When you give players the following options -

1.) Find a guild or organized group to progress you through the content, then you can pug once you know it.
    2.) Start your own group, allot the time, research all the fights and deal with all the headaches that brings with it.
    3.) Queue for LFR.

What do you think most players are going to pick? As i said earlier, this community is doing a fine job of driving players away from organized raid content.

As i said earlier, this community is doing a fine job of driving players away from organized raid content.
    LFR drives a small, vocal subset of the community crazy because they cannot police access to it. Which is precisely why it won't be going away.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Emerald Archer View Post
    If LFR is harder, people wont' be able to just afk it, meaning they'll get kicked if they do. So eventually people will know in lfr, they need to do shit.

Whereas atm, people know they can afk and it'll all die.
    You'd think so, wouldn't you? Past disagrees. I still have PTSD of LFR SoO; particularly Shamans and.... Nazgrim..... Nazgrim could literally take, without exaggerating, 15 tries which all ended in -berserk-. Because people afked. And after a wipe people refused to kick the afkers and just pulled again with "it'll die this time" - only thing keeping you from leaving being that you already had wiped your fair share on shamans and Nazgrim was the last boss, and if you requeued you'd get a fresh at Juggernaut and once again anyway end up wiping on shamans and Nazgrim.

LFR requiring people to do tacts has and never would make people stop afking. Ever. It just doesn't work, people won't stop being lazy, and if they get kicked (if people bother to wake up to actually kick them) they just requeue and do it all again. Because they're losing nothing anyway since they're afk and doing something else.

I personally think keep it faceroll af - I'd think this is a level of "giving up" on LFR. Which I accept. Funnily, there still are wipes in LFR at the current state (yes seriously) so it could even be nerfed more. We already know ain't no-one gonna learn jack's shit so just nerf it more. If Blizzards intends to make LFR harder it will be yet another huge LFR mistake.

Even better would be making it a scenario. Fight with NPCs. Fuck up a few mechanics for your class they put in, without being too harsh? You wipe, and try again. But I guess people who couldn't do proving grounds silver (........) would be the ones crying it's not letting them play, then... sure, let's make LFR a scenario with NPCs, do something and do stuff right = faster kill, afk/stand in shit = slower kill.

As someone who went from a raider up until Mythic Lich King to an hour a day casual because of my family life and work, I can say that LFR has killed any desire for me to find a raid team that would fit my schedule. I can just muck about and hope for chances of titanforge after plowing through easy mode. It's a terrible thing for the game but if it's there I'll keep using it.

Deleted
    Thank you for reinforcing my point. When you give players the following options -

1.) Find a guild or organized group to progress you through the content, then you can pug once you know it.
    2.) Start your own group, allot the time, research all the fights and deal with all the headaches that brings with it.
    3.) Queue for LFR.

What do you think most players are going to pick? As i said earlier, this community is doing a fine job of driving players away from organized raid content.
    How about you stop treating other players as vehicles that are just there to carry you through raids?

Anyone who organizes anything hast the absolute right to chose, which people he or she wants to let participate. Simple as that. If you are an unmotivated, lazy and terrible player...well, that's your choice.