Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    I like mythic dungeons not queuable, gives the game more social interaction and that's something I miss a lot from Vanilla WoW and I hope they never change this.

Helps keep it at some base level.

Unrestricted queues dont work well when your not expected to ignore everything.

Elemental Lord
    7+ Year Old Account
    Yes. Mythic 0 serves same function as Normal raid. It's rather easy content (yet still you need to do mechanics for intended item level), but you must leave matchmaking "comfort zone", you have to learn how to find other people (guild or pug through chat/group finder/OpenRaid/etc.) or make your own group - this your challenge for this level.

So when you hit next difficulty level, you already are comfortable with finding other people and may focus on challenge. Baby steps, basically.

The good thing about organizing groups manually is that you can customize the strengths of your group to deal with the different affixes you'll be running into that week. If there were a queue system, all affixes would have to be equally solvable by all spec and group compositions as you got to higher and higher Mythic+ levels. (Maybe to the point where the affixes then become so trivial that they no longer matter because you no longer have to play around them as much.)

All that said, I'd probably still like it more if I could just queue for it. (Convenience is strong.)

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by lyphe View Post
    Technically ... mythic is mythic+ 0 ... so likely because it is part of the m+ system. It's fine - imo, they should toss the whole LFG system and just run with their new group finder which is excellent and more engaging.
    No, it's 1, the lowest actual M+ being 2 is an easy hint to this.

...why do you need a queue? You've got an entire bloody group finder feature. Fucking use it.

Quote Originally Posted by Darsithis View Post
    I agree, it should be queue-able; they're pretty much just heroics at this point.
    Yes but just because they're easy now with all of this gear doesn't mean they will always be this easy. This is exactly what happened with heroic dungeons and the entire reason they had to add mythic in the first place

They made heroic dungeons queue-able at the very end of Wrath of the Lich King when they were all really easy. Some of the new ones were hard for slightly less geared players, but most of them dropped base level gear that was 60ish item levels lower than what was dropping now. When Cata came and they became hard again, the LFG system really fucking sucked. Nobody had the gear to faceroll it anymore and the playerbase whined so hard that they got nerfed. They had to introduce an entirely new difficulty mode that didn't have a queue system in order to make hard dungeons again. They CAN'T make Mythic queue-able ever because then that will happen again. They are supposed to be difficult to complete at the very beginning of an expansion.

If they made them queue-able now then they would either have to reduce the difficulty of them next expansion to fit within the parameters of something that can be queued for, or remove the queue from them. Either one of those two things will cause people to rage.

Sure they are easy when one massively out gears them. Having a group of players at the originally intended ilvl on the other hand makes it not so easy. Raising the ilvl above the geared required to make it trivial would not help either.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Bjoramier of Lordaeron View Post
    Sad to see casuals want to poison this game even more.
    Indeed, sad to see elitist jerks poison this game.

Seriously to anyone saying they're easy: you need to realize we are extremely geared and mythic dungeons are meant to be hard at the beginning of the expansion to help guilds gear up or random players form groups and gear up.

At the beginning of the expac mythic dungeons have their purpose. You group up and do dungeons that are harder than normal/heroic and give better loot. Guilds usually do this.

They will not be queable. Expansion is almost at its last patch, no shit the dungeons will be easy. Try them at the beginning of the expansion, much more difficult. The whole point of mythic dungeons is to gear up a bit faster once you hit max level. At the beginning of the expansion they usually require talking and coordinating. That's how it works.

Bet most of these people crying it's too easy only just started doing mythic dungeons and didn't even step foot into one at the intended Ilvl.

Yes, because when they become non-queueable again in 8.0 people will start bitching about it.

It's easy to add stuff, it's much harder to remove it.

Quote Originally Posted by Dracullus View Post
    Yes. Mythic 0 serves same function as Normal raid. It's rather easy content (yet still you need to do mechanics for intended item level), but you must leave matchmaking "comfort zone", you have to learn how to find other people (guild or pug through chat/group finder/OpenRaid/etc.) or make your own group - this your challenge for this level.

So when you hit next difficulty level, you already are comfortable with finding other people and may focus on challenge. Baby steps, basically.

And this.
    Last edited by ls-; 2017-08-19 at 08:18 PM.

How quickly we forget Cataclysm queuable Heroics.

I wiped on a Legion heroic last week. No thanks.

technically they are queueable. it's called premade finder.

Because there is no need for even less social interaction.

It's fine as is, if you have trouble, go to a psychiatrist.

- - - Updated - - -

876? do you only play 3 hours a week?
    thats just about right yes.

Quote Originally Posted by ablib View Post
    How quickly we forget Cataclysm queuable Heroics.

I wiped on a Legion heroic last week. No thanks.
    I'd almost call you a liar, but then I remember some of the people I've run into over the years.

Deleted
    That is saddening, lol.
    Quite easy when some tank thinks he could take on Talixae with all her adds still up, lol.

Quote Originally Posted by Lei Shi View Post
    Quite easy when some tank thinks he could take on Talixae with all her adds still up, lol.
    Thats very specific though, that could happen on any difficulty with any queuing system

Deleted
    LFG Tool too difficult for you? Atm there is almost no difference to LFD, other than just having to click few more buttons.

Quote Originally Posted by shuubi View Post
    The real question is why there is even a need for normal, heroic and mythic difficulties in the first place when mythic+ excists. Heroic difficulty is the really perplexing one.
    Blizzard sees difficulties as additional content, but to me two dungeon difficulties is all that's really needed. LFD Heroic for the masses, Group Finder Mythic+ for organized alternative raiding. Bake Mythic into Mythic+. Anything beyond that looks superficial but Blizzard doesn't seem to mind.

Also I think it'd be interesting to substitute Normal dungeons with Scenarios that setup dungeon lore/story to be concluded in the actual Heroic dungeon, instead of yet another superfluous dungeon difficulty.
    Last edited by Roujeaux; 2017-08-19 at 09:07 PM.
    "Warlocks are the class that gives

we give all our spells and abilities to other classes"

- Bamboozer, from the Official WoW Warlock Forum

Disagree. You don't need normal, heroic, then mythic all queue-able. With the keystone system they should just remove the base mythic dungeons in general IMO. Or go the opposite route and make it queue-able but remove normal/heroic mode.