Page 23 of 39 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Moshots View Post
    No good person would defend common criminals breaking law after law..... People that defend common criminals make me sick...
    This country was founded on lawbreaking, they are just being patriotic, clearly.
    Quote Originally Posted by Marjane Satrapi
    The world is not divided between East and West. You are American, I am Iranian, we don't know each other, but we talk and understand each other perfectly. The difference between you and your government is much bigger than the difference between you and me. And the difference between me and my government is much bigger than the difference between me and you. And our governments are very much the same.

No good person would defend common criminals breaking law after law..... People that defend common criminals make me sick...
    As you've spent 100% of your comments about Charlottesville on Antifa REEEEEEEEEEEE rather than the actual Nazi who murdered somebody.

10+ Year Old Account
    I really question the wisdom of holding a rally a week after Charlottesville. I know people are going to claim this is for free speech and not in the name of bigotry but the timing makes that argument very difficult.

Not everyone on the right is a racist or a bigot but they really need to do a better job of suppressing those voices inside their own party and I don't think this rally accomplishes that. Initial impressions on the rally of course. I'm sure they'll be more to say on the matter in the coming days.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Yirrah View Post
    Like I said: Show me where they screamed "burn the jews", threatened to burn down businesses for having coloured people inside, threw piss at local people, or comitted an act of terrorism, and I will more than happily denounce the actions of Antifa, because I don't have any horse in the race. I will sure as hell not stand by and see nazi apologists claim that "the left is to blame" when it is clear where the blame lies though!

As for you not being right-wing, I call bullshit on that.
    Nazis are assholes, more news at 11. That doesn't absolve another group from getting involved. Let the police handle it, not idiot vigilantes. And you can keep calling me something I'm not, but it's also not an argument because left doesn't equal good and right doesn't equal bad.

Where are all these crazy fuckers coming from and why does this sort of thing keep happening, a bunch of thugs on the far right and left getting into hooligan type riot fights with each other over a load of shite.
    Probably running on a Pentium 4

Quote Originally Posted by Didactic View Post
    This country was founded on lawbreaking, they are just being patriotic, clearly.
    Then maybe the next thing we should pass through congress is funding to build more prisons... cause were gonna need them if these protests keep up... Cause there is no way that trump lets the justice department keep letting these felons run wild. Much like the felony charges coming against the protestors who took the statue down yesterday I hope every piece of video is being reviewed as cases are being built against these "anti facists"

Quote Originally Posted by fengosa View Post
    I really question the wisdom of holding a rally a week after Charlottesville. I know people are going to claim this is for free speech and not in the name of bigotry but the timing makes that argument very difficult.

Not everyone on the right is a racist or a bigot but they really need to do a better job of suppressing those voices inside their own party and I don't think this rally accomplishes that. Initial impressions on the rally of course. I'm sure they'll be more to say on the matter in the coming days.
    While I see your point with timing. I agree a cooling off period would have been optimal. But suppressing voices at a free speech rally, really?

10+ Year Old Account
    Then maybe the next thing we should pass through congress is funding to build more prisons... cause were gonna need them if these protests keep up... Cause there is no way that trump lets the justice department keep letting these felons run wild. Much like the felony charges coming against the protestors who took the statue down yesterday I hope every piece of video is being reviewed as cases are being built against these "anti facists"
    Being against fascism is a crime now, guys. You heard it here first.
    The world is not divided between East and West. You are American, I am Iranian, we don't know each other, but we talk and understand each other perfectly. The difference between you and your government is much bigger than the difference between you and me. And the difference between me and my government is much bigger than the difference between me and you. And our governments are very much the same.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by GoblinP View Post
    Cool.

They changed their mind on affirmative racism there? - News to me.
    Claiming that their platform is limited to opposing affirmative action is bullshit, even by your usual levels of it.

You are the one in favor of breaking out the tactics of the 1930's - You have just changed who is to be on the receiving end.
    So once again you think it is the same to discriminate against someone based on a characteristic they cannot change and fire someone who has espoused views that will hurt your business if you keep being associated with them. You are beyond obtuse!

The simplistic understanding as 'just about what the government does' Is frankly retarded.
    What part of that contains anything about immutable characteristics?
    Clearly, you didn't read what I wrote to you.

You are free to write whatever you want about the cartels in mexico, you are just likely to wind up dead.
    Mexico has free speech though, totally.
    And now you compare being murdered by criminals to getting fired for being a nazi. You are really pathetic!

No you aren't.
    If you aren't in favour of free speech you detest, you aren't in favour of free speech.
    But I am in favour of free speech I detest (notice for instance how I haven't called for YOU being silenced!), I am just not in favour of freedom from consequences arising from telling the world how you think that "the untermenchen should be burned alive".

They are free to respond with any speech they like.
    Getting people fired though, that's not a conversation.
    "You are fired" is certainly speech.

Quote Originally Posted by Didactic View Post
    Being against fascism is a crime now, guys. You heard it here first.
    Anti Facism is another word for i'm a spoiled 18yo kid who wants to break something and get away with it so I tie myself to false narratives so i can commit whatever crimes I want and get away with it..

Much like script kiddies who tied themselves to Anon back 5-8 years ago.... That worked out well for them when the FBI cyber division started rounding up and arresting them all for their crimes... Most of the people who called themselves Anonymous in the beginning are now sitting in jail cells.

Quote Originally Posted by KrazyK923 View Post
    Where is the proof of the threats? Because the police in their press conference said they have no knowledge of any kind of threat. I know it's rather inconvenient for multiple people's lies to be discredited by the actual police, but there you go.

And, once again, it's funny how just there's such an utter lack of skepticism when it comes to their side of the political spectrum on claims like this.

And finally it's funny that these people take the tactic of, 'WE JUST WANT IT TO BE A UNITY RALLY!' while they want to make them entirely political. At least be honest. You're going to have counter-protesters if your protest has a ideological slant either way.
    What reason would these folks have to lie about death threats? Considering they are the ones that helped create the event in the first place you are pretty much pretending that said death threats didn't happen lol. So you are pretty much presuming the guy is lying out of the blue, is that right?

Yeah, there's a lack of skepticism because what the guy is saying makes perfect sense.

And since when he free speech been an ideological slant?

10+ Year Old Account
    Anti Facism is another word for i'm a spoiled 18yo kid who wants to break something and get away with it so I tie myself to false narratives so i can commit whatever crimes I want and get away with it..

Much like script kiddies who tied themselves to Anon back 5-8 years ago.... That worked out well for them when the FBI cyber division started rounding up and arresting them all for their crimes... Most of the people who called themselves ANON in the beginning are now sitting in jail cells.
    Anti-fascist means exactly what it says. All of this other shit is you projecting in order to fit a narrative that "both sides are bad, but I'm cool here in the center".

Deleted
    Who Organised the Rally?

Also it seems only to be large because the 50-100 'free speech' people got met by 1000 or so counter protesters.

Quote Originally Posted by Jimusmc View Post
    so the terrorists known as antifa have thrown piss bottles at cops, attacked a black woman holding an american flag among other violent actions.
    Call me when those 20k+ terrorists run over one of the 20 Nazi's that showed up
    Last edited by Etselion; 2017-08-19 at 11:02 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Обединени социалистически щати на Америка
    http://law.lis.virginia.gov/vacode/t...ction18.2-422/

Wearing masks in virginia in public is a felony... Everyone of those antifa at Charletteville. should be in a jail cell right now.
    Haha, what the fuck America.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by RickJamesLich View Post
    What reason would these folks have to lie about death threats?
    Funny, I distinctly recall you dismissing most of the rise in white nationalism and hate crimes after Trump's election as hoaxes.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Gilrak View Post
    It's Virginia. Go figure.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Video Games View Post
    Nazis are assholes, more news at 11. That doesn't absolve another group from getting involved. Let the police handle it, not idiot vigilantes. And you can keep calling me something I'm not, but it's also not an argument because left doesn't equal good and right doesn't equal bad.
    There were no "idiot vigilantes". As confirmed by the police, the news, the people who were there and the locals, the counter-protest was almost all local people horrified at what was happening in their town. The woman who was brutally murdered was local. The injured people were local.

And I am calling you nothing, I am however, noting that you show very clearly what you are, by trying desperately to play the "both sides are to blame" card (which is blatantly false in this case).

The counter-protest to the alt-reich rally outnumbered Trumps inauguration.

Last edited by Etselion; 2017-08-19 at 10:59 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Lookit them lawbreaking Antifa terrorists!

It is a law, I used to live in va. It's against the law for anyone over 16 or 18 to wear a mask in public where you cannot be identified. It always came up around Halloween that's why I remember it. However I doubt it's enforced.