Page 13 of 13 FirstFirst ...
    Quote Originally Posted by Northelim View Post
    The reason they did a WoW expansioj there is due to damage control from WoD.
    I'm sure if you people keep repeating that enough times it'll be true. It might make logical sense, but it's nothing more than a theory.

Deleted
    In my opinion it all depends if they are going to announce there new Diablo game at blizzcon.
    If so then i see then put WoW exp pack at gamescom to not set off the focus on Diablo at blizzcon.

Quote Originally Posted by Tromage View Post
    In my opinion it all depends if they are going to announce there new Diablo game at blizzcon.
    If so then i see then put WoW exp pack at gamescom to not set off the focus on Diablo at blizzcon.
    Thats too soon no?, its not that long ago they hired ppl for that?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Coffeh View Post
    I'm sure if you people keep repeating that enough times it'll be true. It might make logical sense, but it's nothing more than a theory.
    You have absolutely no clue how marketing and how this industry works. lol.

You have absolutely no clue how marketing and how this industry works. lol.
    So, go ahead and link a Blizzard employee stating that they revealed Legion at Gamescom because WoD was going poorly.

10+ Year Old Account
    I thought they would, I really did. But I've changed my mind based upon what they have unveiled so far.

When they announced Legion at Gamescom, they gave us all fair warning in advance to tune in. they've not done that this time. In hindsight, this wasn't the beginning of a new approach to expansion reveals but rather a move forced by Warlords of Draenor crashing and burning. Legion was unveiled at Gamescom in 2015 because they were desperate.

With Legion righting the ship, I now think they want to return to normal and reveal the next expansion at Blizzcon. They haven't unveiled an expansion at blizzcon for four years now and I bet they are aching to do so.

And, in another departure from the last Gamescom, there is still plenty of WoW legion content to discuss and show off. I think we will get a preview of either 7.3.5 (small patch) OR a 7.1 style 7.4, a medium sized patch that will also unlock the raid and serve as the conclusion to the expansion.

The expansion I feel will come at Blizzcon. It feels right. Let Gamescom be about Legion and it's swansong. We aren't done with it yet.

Let's savour what we have before we salivate over the next big thing.

Quote Originally Posted by Obelisk Kai View Post
    I thought they would, I really did. But I've changed my mind based upon what they have unveiled so far.

When they announced Legion at Gamescom, they gave us all fair warning in advance to tune in. they've not done that this time. In hindsight, this wasn't the beginning of a new approach to expansion reveals but rather a move forced by Warlords of Draenor crashing and burning. Legion was unveiled at Gamescom in 2015 because they were desperate.

With Legion righting the ship, I now think they want to return to normal and reveal the next expansion at Blizzcon. They haven't unveiled an expansion at blizzcon for four years now and I bet they are aching to do so.

And, in another departure from the last Gamescom, there is still plenty of WoW legion content to discuss and show off. I think we will get a preview of either 7.3.5 (small patch) OR a 7.1 style 7.4, a medium sized patch that will also unlock the raid and serve as the conclusion to the expansion.

The expansion I feel will come at Blizzcon. It feels right. Let Gamescom be about Legion and it's swansong. We aren't done with it yet.

Let's savour what we have before we salivate over the next big thing.
    My problem is, the people who care about wow enough to attend its booth at gamescom, usually are reading data mining sites, like wowhead or mmochamp. As such only news for them is Q&A's.
    For the Alliance, and for Azeroth!

10+ Year Old Account
    So, go ahead and link a Blizzard employee stating that they revealed Legion at Gamescom because WoD was going poorly.
    Lol. Your statement further confirms that you have no clue. No company will ever tell you that they did something super bad as a business and as a marketing decision because they know they messed up. I work in the gaming industry since 2013 and seen many things both business side and behind the scenes in how publishers and developers work.
    Last edited by Northelim; 2017-08-19 at 11:27 PM.

Lol. Your statement further confirms that you have no clue. No company will ever tell you that they did something as a business and as a marketing decision because they know they messed up. I work in the gaming industry since 2013 and seen many things both business side and behind the scenes in how publishers and developers work.
    So you have no source, and what you're saying is just a theory. Ok, thanks for clearing that up.

10+ Year Old Account
    So you have no source, and what you're saying is just a theory. Ok, thanks for clearing that up.
    You do not need a source or a theory for that. It is a known fact to Blizzard and the WoW community and the press/media people such as myself and others who work in that line of publisher and developer relationships. It's a simple thing to understand realize if you have any basic knowledge of how marketing and timing works.

You do not need a source or a theory for that. It is a known fact to Blizzard and the WoW community and the press/media people such as myself and others who work in that line of publisher and developer relationships. It's a simple thing to understand realize if you have any basic knowledge of how marketing and timing works.
    I don't know why you're still talking. You've agreed that Blizz has never stated what you're claiming and it's just a theory.

10+ Year Old Account
    I don't know why you're still talking. You've agreed that Blizz has never stated what you're claiming and it's just a theory.
    If you had a good reading comprehension you'd understand why I was still talking, but at this point its obvious you lack that as well. Were done here.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Anduin Menethil View Post
    The argument was "oh they've never split announcement and info panel before so they won't do it". The whole "they've never done x before so they won't" is something people have used as an argument for years, most recently when people were wondering if they were gonna announce the next expansion at PAX or Gamescom or elsewhere, and people have said "no they've never announced it outside of Blizzcon before". And then they did. In 2015. Please follow the argument properly.
    So where is this expansion announcement you swore was going to happen?

--- Want any of my Constitutional rights?, ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
    I come from a time and a place where I judge people by the content of their character; I don't give a damn if you are tall or short; gay or straight; Jew or Gentile; White, Black, Brown or Green; Conservative or Liberal. -- Note to mods: if you are going to infract me have the decency to post the reason, and expect to hold everyone else to the same standard.