Page 31 of 41 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Machismo View Post
    That's not inequality, sorry.
    What part of neo-Nazism do you support?
    Hitler was still a terrible guy, and millions died from his genocide.
    How is is not inequality? It's okay for one group of people, but I'm literally Hitler if I do it.

Lenin/Stalin/Mao was still a terrible guy, and millions died from their genocide.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by BajPally View Post
    How is is not inequality? It's okay for one group of people, but I'm literally Hitler if I do it.

Lenin/Stalin/Mao was still a terrible guy, and millions died from their genocide.
    Do you understand why "gay pride" and "black pride" are actually, you know, things?
    Quote Originally Posted by Marjane Satrapi
    The world is not divided between East and West. You are American, I am Iranian, we don't know each other, but we talk and understand each other perfectly. The difference between you and your government is much bigger than the difference between you and me. And the difference between me and my government is much bigger than the difference between me and you. And our governments are very much the same.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by zorkuus View Post
    We have a right to free speech, we do not have a right to be free from the consequences of that speech. Aren't you types supposed to be somekind of alpha males and not these sniveling little whiners?
    How is this relevant? The thread topic isn't calling for Nazis to be a protected class of people who cant be fired. It's specifically referring to free speech and the first amendment.

People are free to speak all they want. They aren't entitled to a spotlight on center stage when they say it, though. Nor are they entitled to everyone else shutting up while they say it. Nor are they entitled to other people tolerating what they have to say.

Violence is not necessarily a valid counter to shitty forms of speech. But I can understand why it feels like the only solution when minority, unethical viewpoints are given a megaphone to spew hate from that they don't deserve to have. It feels like watching Hitler rise and there's nothing you can do to stop it.

None of those were actually communist nations.
    They represent the closest things the world will ever come to communism, though, at least on a larger scale, so equating them with what an attempt at communism invariably leads to is perfectly in order, really. Who cares about a theoretical perspective that would never stand the smallest of chances outside the mind of an idealist philosopher, when the reality of those theories is inherently linked to systemic mass murder.

Quote Originally Posted by Didactic View Post
    I wouldn't -have- to equate them if "white pride" philosophies didn't carry racist overtones.

Do you know what legitimate "white pride" looks like? It's things like Oktoberfest and St. Patrick's Day. They manage to be appreciative displays of culture without descending into the 'white power' bullshit that you folks are so gung-ho about.
    I can assure you that most people I know hate the Stormfront/White Power people. They are not equal to people who are just proud of being white.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by eu2016champsDEALWITHIT View Post
    Hate speech =/= free speech

There's a fucking difference.
    Not in the US there isn't. We literally had supreme court judges say just that in the last 5 months.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/...rst-amendment/ ---article that says just that.
    Same shit, different day.
    Better busy than dead.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Sama-81 View Post
    They were the closest thing the world will ever come to communism, though
    No.

Communist societies are stateless by definition and is mutually exclusive with the idea of totalitarianism.
    The world is not divided between East and West. You are American, I am Iranian, we don't know each other, but we talk and understand each other perfectly. The difference between you and your government is much bigger than the difference between you and me. And the difference between me and my government is much bigger than the difference between me and you. And our governments are very much the same.

Quote Originally Posted by Pannonian View Post
    Ok, this is hard, right now in Germany GG. 19 only gives germans the right to assemble (which should have been in place back then) but at the same time according to the supreme court this is extended to everyone because of GG. 2.

Hard to know how they would've ruled back then. Suffice to say, it would've not been fair.

Anyway, you might be right, but as said: i'm not sure if every right hinged on the citizenship alone back then. Would have been problematic to foreigners?

I have no idea, and a quick check on the internet doesn't help either, so yeah, i probably was wrong,
    Wow someone on this Forum that admitted another might be right on a topic
    that is very rare and I commend you for it
    it showed a lot of integrity and I applaud you
    and no I'm not gloating just very pleasantly surprised

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Requiem94 View Post
    Not in the US there isn't. We literally had supreme court judges say just that in the last 5 months.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/...rst-amendment/ ---article that says just that.
    The Supreme Court also said black people are legally an inherently inferior class of beings.

Is =/= ought.

Quote Originally Posted by PrimaryColor View Post
    How is this relevant? The thread topic isn't calling for Nazis to be a protected class of people who cant be fired. It's specifically referring to free speech and the first amendment.
    It's relevant to him crying that he can't be racist without consequences.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Livnthedream View Post
    When your 'facts' are so devoid of context that they say whatever you are asserting them to say? Absolutely.
    You said Caesar wasn't a Senator, which is wrong. Caesar elected quaestor in 68 BC, which gave him a membership on the Senate (one of Sulla's reforms in 81 BC).

Quote Originally Posted by Barrages View Post
    You're trying to explain liberty to what appears to be a thread full of people from Europe. Good luck with that.
    Does that mean you guys also support relaxing immigration laws... in the name of liberty?

Somehow, I doubt it.

15+ Year Old Account
    I don't see how @Livnthedream can honestly believe that outlawing hate speech will lead to some kind of slippery slope.

I guess if someone is a Nazi sympathizer, bringing out the slippery slope fallacy is only natural... but utterly devoid of logic.

We've outlawed hate speech before. We've determined what kind of speech is and is not allowable. We disbanded the KKK and made their ideology illegal.

What kind of slippery slope did that set us down?

Oh that's right, none.
    2014 Gamergate: "If you want games without hyper sexualized female characters and representation, then learn to code!"
    2023: "What's with all these massively successful games with ugly (realistic) women? How could this have happened?!"

Quote Originally Posted by Sama-81 View Post
    They represent the closest things the world will ever come to communism, though, at least on a larger scale, so equating them with what an attempt at communism invariably leads to is perfectly in order, really. Who cares about a theoretical perspective that would never stand the smallest of chances outside the mind of an idealist philosopher, when the reality of those theories is inherently linked to systemic mass murder.
    All forms of government leads to mass murder.

Quote Originally Posted by Barrages View Post
    You're trying to explain liberty to what appears to be a thread full of people from Europe. Good luck with that.
    I know it is next to impossible to explain true freedoms and liberties to another that for generations never really ever had it

10+ Year Old Account
    Yes thank you Andy Anarchist.

Quote Originally Posted by Didactic View Post
    No.

Communist societies are stateless by definition and is mutually exclusive with the idea of totalitarianism.
    No. They are entirely dependent on totalitarianism (of some type or other) to be implemented fully, and most likely to even stay alive after implementation. In theory perhaps not, but that's the only place as well - in reality that sort of communism can never be implemented on a large scale, and it's more than a little naive to think it can. I see no fault in judging something on practical reality, instead of theoretical construct.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Vyxn View Post
    I know it is next to impossible to explain true freedoms and liberties to another that for generations never really ever had it
    Because Europe is such an oppressive Orwellian hellhole.

I think the better question here is "Why do Americans think they are special and better than every other human on the planet."

and the less government you have the less chance you will have it happen or a much smaller body count
    Last edited by Vyxn; 2017-08-19 at 11:41 PM.