Page 26 of 39 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Yirrah View Post
    That is not even REMOTELY what I have said. You are simply full of shit, and now you're using it to build a strawman with. Pathetic.
    You're saying they aren't equivalent. I'm saying they are, but you refuse to see it. So when they are, I will be here to till you I told you so. I'm hoping you get it then.

Quote Originally Posted by Video Games View Post
    You're saying they aren't equivalent. I'm saying they are, but you refuse to see it. So when they are, I will be here to till you I told you so. I'm hoping you get it then.
    "They aren't equivalent" and "they are bastions of good and on the right side of history" are wildly different statements.

3DS Friend Code: 0146-9205-4817. Could show as either Chris or Chrysia.

Quote Originally Posted by KrazyK923 View Post
    You do realize you can see who organized this, right? They're all right-wing individuals. Including the influential alt-right dude who perpetrated pizzagate for months and months.
    Where did you see who organized it?

Quote Originally Posted by Didactic View Post
    It was attacked because of the timing.

That and the only people complaining about 'free speech' at the moment happen to be alt-right.
    Timing is a reason to attack a free speech rally?

Quote Originally Posted by Chrysia View Post
    Really this has just turned into another Charlottesville thread. There were hardly any Free Speech people there, and the counter-protesters showed up expecting the Neo-Nazis, though they don't appear to have showed.
    Yeah I've been trying to find actual info but all I can see is people arguing about nazis.

Quote Originally Posted by chrisnumbers View Post
    Yes that's how brainwashed lunatics are taught to think.
    I skimmed through the 4 hour video in the OP and found a black guy walking around freely supporting Trump, yelling things to crowds such as "Trump is not a racist", among other things. He looked pretty safe to me. White supremacists no where to be found.
    The worst I could find was people screaming "fuck Trump!"

Quote Originally Posted by Shadowmelded View Post
    Joe Biggs (former infowars employee and conspiracy theorist, although those pretty much go hand in hand) and Kyle Chapman, aka "Based Stickman" were two of the speakers.
    That's a horrible choice, at least the infowars guy, I don't know about "based stickman." What did they talk about?
    Last edited by Post; 2017-08-19 at 11:41 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by True Anarch View Post
    Never claimed I was a genuis.
    Quote Originally Posted by Furitrix View Post
    I don't give a fuck if cops act shitty towards people, never have.

10+ Year Old Account
    When they show up in a small town and do what the Nazi's, KKK and Alt-right did, I'll be right there saying that I condemn their actions. The difference is that UNLIKE YOU, I won't be excusing them by saying that "really, the other side is just as bad, they were provoked, the counter-protestors should have left it to the police" and such bullshit. When people commit a crime, call them out on it. Don't make up excuses and turn into an apologist.

Quote Originally Posted by KrazyK923 View Post
    That's not whataboutism lol. You might want to go look up the definition. I'm not saying ignore these people and focus on this event. I'm pointing out the blatant hypocrisy of the same thing happening to two ideologically different people and the reaction being different because they are sympathetic to one side over the other. Try harder.

Asking for proof of a death thread is such a damning thing apparently. Unless people who are claiming to receive them are those you disagree with. Then its expected.
    You can go onto any social media site and see the threats of violence. Just because there are no specific threats (thus, not really a credible threat from the point of view of police to follow-up on) doesn't mean that some people may be apprehensive about attending a rally. One of the speakers that dropped out due to threats of violence sited rhetoric on social media, especially since the events of Charlottesville. This was reported by Boston Globe a few days ago.

FB, twitter, reddit, hell even in this very site you can find posts of people that support violence against others. You don't need proof to ensure your physical well being. Well, I don't. You may, and that's fine. But many people don't need it, and that includes multiple people initially scheduled to speak today.
    Only a great fool would vote for a lunatic. I am not a great fool, so I can clearly not choose the candidate on the Right.

But they must have known I was not a great fool, and would have counted on it, so I can clearly not choose the corrupt candidate on the Left.

15+ Year Old Account
    "They aren't equivalent" and "they are bastions of good and on the right side of history" are wildly different statements.
    Well duh. But I'm being told a violent group is slightly less worse than another violent group. Violence is violence.

When they show up in a small town and do what the Nazi's, KKK and Alt-right did, I'll be right there saying that I condemn their actions. The difference is that UNLIKE YOU, I won't be excusing them by saying that "really, the other side is just as bad, they were provoked, the counter-protestors should have left it to the police" and such bullshit. When people commit a crime, call them out on it. Don't make up excuses and turn into an apologist.
    I didn't know calling nazis violent retards who I want out of my country is excusing them. Where did you learn english?

Well duh. But I'm being told a violent group is slightly less worse than another violent group. Violence is violence.
    No, it really isn't. Motive and degree of violence matter.

That's like saying wrestling a guy to the ground is equivalent to breaking his kneecaps.

I kinda feel like you should want neither nazis nor anarcho communists in our country, skroe. You of all people.
    America is a center-right country. We're a strongly nationalistic people. We're extremely proud.

The extremist left has tried to change America in fundamental ways for over a century, and accomplished basically nothing. Bernie Sanders was legitimately the most successful left candidate in one hundred years and he was basically a New Deal Democrat who said some stupid things. The left is not a threat. Americans have had plenty of opportunities to buy what they're selling. It's legitimately never happened.

The danger from the extremist right is that America's default ideological position is closer, and they do say some things that, when put certain was resonate with America. Take what Steven Bannon wrote about China? That is not crazy. Take American exceptionalism? That is not crazy. These are elements of the right that resonate with many Americans. It's what's on top of that that makes the extremist right so dangerous and evil.

In other words, America can fall to the extremist right far, fear easier than the extremist left, as we've seen with how a modestly repackaged alt-right message resonated with Trump voters and elected a President.

Moreover, on the merits, the left has not committed jihadi-style terrorism. The Alt-Right has. There is no equivalency, and you're foolish to try and draw one. Nobody wants either, but the threat from one, the Alt-Right, is legitimately far worse than the thread from the other.

10+ Year Old Account
    I didn't know calling nazis violent retards who I want out of my country is excusing them. Where did you learn english?
    At school. I wouldn't expect you to know what it is, given how you obviously haven't learned any history and can't see the difference between an anarchistic group with a few violent assholes, and actual, fucking NAZI'S who have committed an act of TERRORISM.

Quote Originally Posted by Post View Post
    Where did you see who organized it?

Quote Originally Posted by Etselion View Post
    Omg that is hysterical although it looks like him mom flipping him off

Because they aren't. Your entire argument fails at two points:

The Organized Alt Right committed and excusing terorism =\= The disorganized left engaging in conventional mob violence.

The White Spremacist goals of the Alt Right =\= The far left's goals of, in their eyes, a "more just" society. I disagree with their conclusion, but it's worlds away from the right's "blood and soil".

There's actually no equivalency between them unless you intentionally ignore what the Alt-Right stands for. It is a racist movement. Period.

I mean, all you have to fucking do is google Augustus Invictis and understand exactly what the hell is going on.

That shit heel is from my state and fuck me if he isn't running again.

Here's a brief glimpse into this garbage:

"In March, a former girlfriend reported to Edgewood police that Gillespie had on different occasions beaten her, choked her, put a gun to her head and threatened to push her out of a moving car. He says none of it ever happened.

Another female acquaintance told the SPLC about the time she incurred Augie Boy’s displeasure. When she asked what she could do to prove her good intentions, he texted the following reply:

“Get MDMA, hydrocodone and your girlfriend for Monday night. Maybe then I’ll calm down, after we release some tension.”

The startled woman took a screen shot to save his message." - An excerpt from Carl Hiassen's recent opine
    Last edited by unfilteredJW; 2017-08-19 at 11:50 PM.

As someone who supported GamerGate in the beginning it makes me sad how quickly it was co-opted to become a right-wing movement. Now the places that still discuss it like Kotaku in Action on Reddit are little more than /r/the_donald lite.

It became what people like Sarkeesian and her ilk said it was from the beginning, even when it was full of people making legitimate points. And that's incredibly disappointing.

No, it really isn't. Motive and degree of violence matter.

That's like saying wrestling a guy to the ground is equivalent to breaking his kneecaps.
    Two wrongs don't make a right. Violence answered with violence is still just as bad, period.

I'm clipping it so the MMO-OT alt-right can choke on it.

This is so perfect, it's mindboggling. Gamergate with the single stupidest thing I've ever seen.

Ethics in video game journalism. Jesus fucking Christ. You know what you're fucking buying with Call of Duty Modern Warfare 4, assholes. You know what you're fucking buying when you get World of Warcraft: The Panda Crusade, assholes. You know what you're fucking buying when you get Super Mario Universe, assholes.

The fact that video games journalism is actually a thing people take seriously is a crock of shit in and of itself. It's like taking comic book journalism seriously.

Everyone's a fucking loser who got upset about that garbage. All it was was fertilizer for the rise of Alt-Right online.

It was the stupidest summer on record and everybody involved needed to be put into a rocket and shot into the sun.
    Last edited by Skroe; 2017-08-19 at 11:50 PM.

15+ Year Old Account
    At school. I wouldn't expect you to know what it is.
    Well you're not really getting any of the words I'm saying, so it's highly suspicious. But I studied linguistics in college, so thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by Skroe View Post
    America is a center-right country. We're a strongly nationalistic people. We're extremely proud.

The extremist left has tried to change America in fundamental ways for over a century, and accomplished basically nothing. Bernie Sanders was legitimately the most successful left candidate in one hundred years and he was basically a New Deal Democrat who said some stupid things. The left is not a threat. Americans have had plenty of opportunities to buy what they're selling. It's legitimately never happened.

The danger from the extremist right is that America's default ideological position is closer, and they do say some things that, when put certain was resonate with America. Take what Steven Bannon wrote about China? That is not crazy. Take American exceptionalism? That is not crazy. These are elements of the right that resonate with many Americans. It's what's on top of that that makes the extremist right so dangerous and evil.

In other words, America can fall to the extremist right far, fear easier than the extremist left, as we've seen with how a modestly repackaged alt-right message resonated with Trump voters and elected a President.

Moreover, on the merits, the left has not committed jihadi-style terrorism. The Alt-Right has. There is no equivalency, and you're foolish to try and draw one. Nobody wants either, but the threat from one, the Alt-Right, is legitimately far worse than the thread from the other.
    I think you're under the assumption that antifa won't eventually kill somebody. I'd rather they all go away so we don't have to deal with this anymore.
    Last edited by Video Games; 2017-08-19 at 11:50 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Xandrigity View Post
    Two wrongs don't make a right. Violence answered with violence is still just as bad, period.
    So the Allies were wrong to resist the Nazis with violence? You have a piss-poor understanding of the real world.

10+ Year Old Account
    So the Allies were wrong to resist the Nazis with violence? You have a piss-poor understanding of the real world.
    There was violence on both sides, remember.
    Quote Originally Posted by Marjane Satrapi
    The world is not divided between East and West. You are American, I am Iranian, we don't know each other, but we talk and understand each other perfectly. The difference between you and your government is much bigger than the difference between you and me. And the difference between me and my government is much bigger than the difference between me and you. And our governments are very much the same.