LastLast

Final Attempt at Subraces/Alt-Races 2.0

Alliance Subraces

Human
    - Azotha/Half-Vrykul

- Half-Elf

Night Elf
    - Nightborne

- Druidic Night Elves (Antlers, Talons, Feathers, etc)

Draenei
    - Krokul/Broken

- Redeemed Man’ari (Warlock in place of Paladin)

Dwarf
    - Dark Iron (Dark)

- Wildhammer (Wild)

Gnome
    - Mechanized Gnome

- Leper Gnome

(Sand gnomes could be a more aesthetically pleasing alternative to leper gnomes)
    Worgen
    - Emerald Dream (Nelf) Worgen

- Bloodmoon (Northrend) Worgen

Horde Subraces

Orc
    - Half-Ogre/Mok’Nathal

- Fel Orc

(Half-orc/half-draenei as a possible alternative to Fel orcs)
    Troll
    - Revantusk (Forest)

- Zandalari

Tauren
    - Taunka

- Highmountain

Undead
    - Newly deceased/Restored Undead

- Undead Elves

Blood Elf
    - Darkfallen

- Integrated High Elf

(An alternate to helves could be half-elves, though halfbreeds are especially hated by the xenophobic and nationalistic sin’dorei)
    Goblin
    - Hobgoblin

- Gilgoblin

Neutral Races

Pandaren
    - Furbolg

- Mountain (More red panda-ish) Pandaren

Additional Customization

- Racial tattoos
    - Choice between upright and hunched orcs, trolls, forsaken and worgen.
    - Piercings for orcs and trolls
    - Horn runes for tauren
    - Ear decorations for elves
    - Pure white tauren
    - Shades of brown, gray and black for orcs
    - More skin colors and more diverse hairstyles for humans.
    - Crazy body modifications for forsaken (I'm talking hooks, chains and needles!)
    - A non-derpy female worgen model
    - More aggressive faces for pandaren

Languages:

Human - Common + Azerothian/Stormwindian
    Dwarf - Common + Dwarven
    Gnome - Common + Gnomish + Dwarven
    Night Elf - Common + Darnassian
    Draenei - Common + Draenei + Orcish
    Worgen - Common + Gilnean + Darnassian

Orc - Orcish + Kalimag
    Troll - Zandali + Orcish
    Tauren - Taur-ahe + Orcish + Mogu (Due to their history as slaves of the mogu)
    Undead - Gutterspeak + Common + Orcish
    Blood Elf - Thalassian + Orcish + Common
    Goblin - Goblin + Orcish + Common

Pandaren - Pandaren + Kalimag (Additionally Common or Orcish depending on faction)

Thalassian and Darnassian are mutually intelligible

Am I missing anything? Is there you anything you love? Anything you hate? I also need to credit @shoc for giving me some of the ideas.
    Last edited by Techno-Druid; 2017-09-03 at 09:28 PM.

More fluff for worgen and a tail option for worgen
    Being able to customize my human form when i'm a worgen
    Worgen tattoos (like those that guarded your garrison)
    Sub race for worgen : saurok or saberon hell maybe a fox like worgen as subrace
    More alpha worgen like faces

Last edited by Grimfrost; 2017-08-20 at 01:16 AM.

Dont post a big ass post filled with nothing but pictures!

And final attempt? at what? other than a fail post
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    wE doN't kNoW wHaT pLaYeRs WaNt FoR cHarAcTeR CrEaTiOn MoDeLs

I dislike every half-race, and I highly doubt they would ever introduce them in a major way. The only half-race that would sit right with me would be the Mok'Nathal, only because they have such a big character like Rexxar being integral to their existence. But even then, Rexxar has been mostly ignored in WoW... So I don't know.
    Half-races are only usually explored in semi-canon literature, and i honestly find it to be akin to poor fanfiction (at the exception of the mok'nathal).

10+ Year Old Account
    Oh shit.

Just hit me reading about the redeemed man'ari. Post-Legion, the Burning Legion is basically fucked, and there's gonna be tons of demons running around directionless.

Cue pimp-supreme Lothraxion going around converting rogue demons to the Light.

We could have any number of demon races becoming potential converts, and maybe joining up with the good guys on Azeroth. One way to get redeemed eredar. And you could still have them be paladins and priests.

hobgoblin doesn't work, they have super short lifespans.

but fel orc would be fucking amazing, would faction change my warlock immediately. badass, shadow council fel orc.

you know, it would be cool if they gave draenei and orc access to half-orc/half-draenei. they would need to give the half-breeds an actual model all their own if they did though. just say outland's getting worse and the surviving half-breeds from gul'dan's rape camps had formed a tribe of their own and now seek safety with whatever faction their ideals fit more with.

mok'nathal would be sick, but would need a unique model of course. not that much different from an orc, just slightly bulkier and taller. maybe some of them could have only one eye?

your idea with worgen is great though. night elven worgen would be sick.

Quote Originally Posted by Hugnomo View Post
    I dislike every half-race, and I highly doubt they would ever introduce them in a major way. The only half-race that would sit right with me would be the Mok'Nathal, only because they have such a big character like Rexxar being integral to their existence. But even then, Rexxar has been mostly ignored in WoW... So I don't know.
    Half-races are only usually explored in semi-canon literature, and i honestly find it to be akin to poor fanfiction (at the exception of the mok'nathal).
    Yeah, there hasn't really been much done with halfbreeds, but they do exist. The four most important half-breed characters off the top of my head are Rexxar, Garona, Arator and Alodi.

I really think any concept can be good as long as it's done correctly.

The Unstoppable Force Friendlyimmolation's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    The Dreadfort, or Korriban. You never know.
    Quote Originally Posted by Atethecat View Post
    Yeah, there hasn't really been much done with halfbreeds, but they do exist. The four most important half-breed characters off the top of my head are Rexxar, Garona, Arator and Alodi.

Which is why the fuck Blizzard should stay away from half anything. They will only make it worse.
    Quote Originally Posted by WoWKnight65 View Post
    That's same excuse from you and so many others on this website and your right some of threads do bully high elf fans to a point where they might end up losing their minds to a point of a mass shooting.
    Holy shit lol

Quote Originally Posted by derpkitteh View Post
    hobgoblin doesn't work, they have super short lifespans.

but fel orc would be fucking amazing, would faction change my warlock immediately. badass, shadow council fel orc.

you know, it would be cool if they gave draenei and orc access to half-orc/half-draenei. they would need to give the half-breeds an actual model all their own if they did though. just say outland's getting worse and the surviving half-breeds from gul'dan's rape camps had formed a tribe of their own and now seek safety with whatever faction their ideals fit more with.

mok'nathal would be sick, but would need a unique model of course. not that much different from an orc, just slightly bulkier and taller. maybe some of them could have only one eye?

your idea with worgen is great though. night elven worgen would be sick.
    Yeah, admittedly I just sort of copped out with the goblin subraces. The one concept I had in mind were slightly smaller, more industrial goblins with explosives and machine parts fused to their bodies.

Yeah, admittedly I just sort of copped out with the goblin subraces. The one concept I had in mind were slightly smaller, more industrial goblins with explosives and machine parts fused to their bodies.
    gilgoblins are an ok idea, it's just all the ones we have met seemed to be almost feral. they need to expand on goblin lore.

also, there's this delicious badass

draenei/ogre half-breed. i'd give a good portion of my body parts to have that tbh, that is fucking sick.

Quote Originally Posted by derpkitteh View Post
    gilgoblins are an ok idea, it's just all the ones we have met seemed to be almost feral. they need to expand on goblin lore.

also, there's this delicious badass

draenei/ogre half-breed. i'd give a good portion of my body parts to have that tbh, that is fucking sick.
    Hope the mother of that thing was the ogre and not the draenei...

Hope the mother of that thing was the ogre and not the draenei...
    lol, well, maybe it's like taller than a draenei but shorter than an ogre?

or it could be like ligers... bigger than both the parents. we ever go back to outland, there should be one of these dudes among the ogri'la ogres. some kind of enlightened sage.

10+ Year Old Account
    Eh, I don't really like several of those OP. Azotha and the red panda things for instance. They have no basis in lore whatsoever.

Aside from half-elves, I'd actually be okay with all of those.

And I agree with you. But in my personal taste, I think I'd rather have other options instead of half-races.
    There are other examples from your list that I do think will be implemented if they ever do subraces, like wildhammer and dark iron dwarves, or the troll tribes.
    I love the idea of subraces and I'm really hoping it'll be something tackled on by blizzard.

Just a suggestion: next time don't start listing 12 different sorts of tattoos; pretty sure if you just had said tattoos in general, people would have assumed that you were speaking of lightforged for draenei, clan marks for orcs, tribe marks for tauren, etc.

Deleted
    Want Tuskgarr next to Furbolg as a Pandaren sub-race.

For the rest it would look like a pretty sick feature for an exp pack.

Hah give high elf to horde and there will be riot all over alliance fanbase !

Quote Originally Posted by zlygork View Post
    Just a suggestion: next time don't start listing 12 different sorts of tattoos; pretty sure if you just had said tattoos in general, people would have assumed that you were speaking of lightforged for draenei, clan marks for orcs, tribe marks for tauren, etc.
    Looking back I do see the redundancy in it, thanks for pointing that out.

Looking back I do see the redundancy in it, thanks for pointing that out.
    My pleasure